PDA

View Full Version : Dentists

Badgerute
11-13-2013, 09:31 AM
I hate them. That's right Lob. I have to get a crown today. I blame RC for making those flavors I love so much, and Lob for inflicting the pain that will come with this crown today. I bit into my kid's jolly rancher and it cracked half my tooth off where I had one of those old silver fillings. Dentist said after insurance it would be 750-1000 bones (around 2k total). Not bad for 45 minutes of work, you rich bastard Lob.

Ullrsdog
11-13-2013, 10:32 AM
I bit into my kid's jolly rancher and it cracked half my tooth off where I had one of those old silver fillings.

but yet you take no responsibility for bitting cany meant to be sucked on, and having an old filling meant you didn't take care of that tooth earlier in life...so you have no copability here? I am confused, bad hygine and misuse of products is somehow the dentists fault....hmmmmmmm sounds like an attorney to me!

mechatool
11-13-2013, 10:45 AM
but yet you take no responsibility for bitting cany meant to be sucked on, and having an old filling meant you didn't take care of that tooth earlier in life...so you have no copability here? I am confused, bad hygine and misuse of products is somehow the dentists fault....hmmmmmmm sounds like an attorney to me!

:fish: :pound:

Retro
11-13-2013, 10:48 AM
To replace a filling already? I did something similar a few years ago with a frozen snickers (what can I say, I loved frozen snickers). Shattered a tooth and had to have a root canal and the dentist basically built the tooth back up. It was pretty pricey.

Last week I bit into a granola bar and ended up busting what the dentist had fixed at least 20% of it anyway. Went it, had it fixed - no charge. My dentist = awesome.

Badgerute
11-13-2013, 10:50 AM

I cannot be held responsible for the poor hygiene of my youth, as well as the barbaric silver fillings used by dentists of the 70's and 80's. Who can simply suck on a jolly rancher -- it begs a bite. Perhaps I can get Jolly Rancher to pay for this crown. I smell a class action lawsuit!

Ullrsdog
11-13-2013, 11:01 AM
To replace a filling already? I did something similar a few years ago with a frozen snickers (what can I say, I loved frozen snickers). Shattered a tooth and had to have a root canal and the dentist basically built the tooth back up. It was pretty pricey.

Last week I bit into a granola bar and ended up busting what the dentist had fixed at least 20% of it anyway. Went it, had it fixed - no charge. My dentist = awesome.

Who has an awesome Layer story.... silence .... cricket, cricket ....

@Badger yes they due beg for a good bite, FYI they do make chewy versions.

Madlob75
11-13-2013, 11:21 AM
I hate them. That's right Lob. I have to get a crown today. I blame RC for making those flavors I love so much, and Lob for inflicting the pain that will come with this crown today. I bit into my kid's jolly rancher and it cracked half my tooth off where I had one of those old silver fillings. Dentist said after insurance it would be 750-1000 bones (around 2k total). Not bad for 45 minutes of work, you rich bastard Lob.

OK....so #1...move out of your large suburban area and the bite won't be near as bad. #2...overhead is extremely high due to materials that are involved. #3...Jolly Ranchers are HARD candy, not for biting. #4...Don't give me this crap counselor, I don't send you a bill because I was in the car "thinking" about your case. #5...Take out the tooth, its not your liver...you'll survive just fine. #6...That crown will last longer than the TV you play BF4 on, and that crown has to endure extreme pressure under water, with constant chemical and biological attacks.

SouthtownSlayer
11-13-2013, 02:44 PM
OK....so #1...move out of your large suburban area and the bite won't be near as bad. #2...overhead is extremely high due to materials that are involved. #3...Jolly Ranchers are HARD candy, not for biting. #4...Don't give me this crap counselor, I don't send you a bill because I was in the car "thinking" about your case. #5...Take out the tooth, its not your liver...you'll survive just fine. #6...That crown will last longer than the TV you play BF4 on, and that crown has to endure extreme pressure under water, with constant chemical and biological attacks.

I used to like dentists until they had to remove 3 F'ing teeth in a 2 week period!!!! Told the dentist about this shit like 6 months earlier and they said everything would be okay!!! Okay my F'ing ass!!! Talk about an expensive process, I can't imagine having to pay for this shit, luckily the being in the military I didn't have to fork out the $15,000.00 that it's going to cost!!! What I don't understand is when you hit a damned nerve and I nearly jump out of the damned chair, why the F do you ask a stupid question like "did that hurt"? If my mouth wasn't full of cotton, the sexy ass dental aides (don't know wtf you call them) fingers and the damned water that never gets sucked up even after I'm freaking choking!!! I probably would have said something very very Chiefly!!! For the record this all happened with the dentist who was attempting 1 of the 3 root canals that failed!!! The dentist who actually pulled my teeth and is giving me new set of molars is awesome!!!

Madlob75
11-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Yeah, we are horrible people...LOL.

Danbo
11-13-2013, 03:36 PM
I used to like dentists until they had to remove 3 F'ing teeth in a 2 week period!!!! Told the dentist about this shit like 6 months earlier and they said everything would be okay!!! Okay my F'ing ass!!! Talk about an expensive process, I can't imagine having to pay for this shit, luckily the being in the military I didn't have to fork out the $15,000.00 that it's going to cost!!! What I don't understand is when you hit a damned nerve and I nearly jump out of the damned chair, why the F do you ask a stupid question like "did that hurt"? If my mouth wasn't full of cotton, the sexy ass dental aides (don't know wtf you call them) fingers and the damned water that never gets sucked up even after I'm freaking choking!!! I probably would have said something very very Chiefly!!! For the record this all happened with the dentist who was attempting 1 of the 3 root canals that failed!!! The dentist who actually pulled my teeth and is giving me new set of molars is awesome!!!

Pissed Level : Legendary.

sam007
11-13-2013, 05:03 PM

:lol:

Good to know we have both a lawyer and dentist under the MP roof! :lol:

Badgerute
11-14-2013, 09:44 AM
I know all were worried about my crown yesterday and probably could not sleep, so I will let you know, all is well. Southtown touched on this before, I'm always amused when the dentist or hygienist asks if you are okay and there is no possible way to respond. Yesterday they had this mouthguard type thing that also suctions at the same time while they were drilling my tooth with a diamond cutter. I was asked if all is well and I thought to myself -- of course not -- you are chiseling my tooth away, theres two sets of hands in my mouth along with a mouthguard while tooth debris is filling my mouth. However, I nodded I was fine. Lob, they really numbed me up good so I didn't feel a thing -- although there is always that worry that a nerve will be hit at any time and they will have to peel you off the ceiling. The crown they gave me is a temp -- it feels sort of funny -- is that normal?

Madlob75
11-14-2013, 10:15 AM
The crown they gave me is a temp -- it feels sort of funny -- is that normal?

Funny, like a little rough or shaped funny?

Badgerute
11-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Funny, like a little rough or shaped funny?

When I bite down, just feels sorta uneven -- I hit the temp crown before I hit the same tooth on the other side. Will that change when the permanent goes in? I couldn't really tell yesterday because of all the numbness.

RC-1136
11-14-2013, 10:48 AM

Badger's boyfriend also complains that he bites things meant to be sucked on.

You're all anti-dentites.

Ullrsdog
11-14-2013, 10:55 AM
When I bite down, just feels sorta uneven -- I hit the temp crown before I hit the same tooth on the other side. Will that change when the permanent goes in? I couldn't really tell yesterday because of all the numbness.

WHAAAAAT he didn't do a complete bite alignment test!!! With the few crowns I've had even when the temp felt funny the permanent was fine. My wife recently pushed the limit of the temp and went months do to trying to finish paying off all of her Kidney syndrome procedures. My guess is you'll be set once they fit the permanent, just don't drag your feet.

Disclaimer - I am not a dentist but I play one on TV and I DID stay at a Holiday in Express last night.

Madlob75
11-14-2013, 11:10 AM

Sounds like the bite is off. What happens when you sit there with your mouth open for over an hour is the muscles get stretched out. When you finally close, your bite can be wonky because the muscles have lost their muscle memory of where you normally bite. Throw in the fact that you are numb, adds extra wonkiness (yes, that is a highly technical dental term). In reality, you were probably so ready to get out of there, when he asked how it felt you said fine and bolted.....LOL. The permanent won't feel like that (or shouldn't), if its nothing more than a funny feeling, I wouldn't worry about it. If it starts to hurt, go have them adjust it.

SouthtownSlayer
11-14-2013, 11:12 AM

I had the same issue when I had the first failed root canal mentioned below, not sure why they had to do a temp crown but I too would bite down on the crown it would leave a gap between my bottom and top teeth. Low and behold this was a waste of time seeing as how the shitty ass dentist failed to find the crack that went below the root so I suffered over the weekend and finally went somewhere else to have it removed! Waste of freaking time / $1200!!!

On the positive dentist side, my good dentist told me today that I will be getting two of the 3 molars installed next month!!!!

sam007
11-14-2013, 12:41 PM
The drive to SC is not too far right from ATL? :lol:

When I had braces and still wearing an appliance, when the bit was off, it caused my jaw to be really tired.

Long story short, I had a tooth extracted when I was young and the doc said a tooth would grow in, it did not and I am missing a tooth which caused my teeth to shift as I started to grow.

About 13 years ago my parents spent tens of thousands on the TMJ I was diagnosed with.

Shouldn't Badger still go in to get an adjustment? That tired feel really sucks.

Madlob75
11-14-2013, 01:16 PM
My official answer would be, if you have a concern....go in. Unofficially, its a temp and will only be there for a couple of weeks, slight malocclusion for a brief period (as long as there is no pain) is not a huge concern. Also, the temp material is fairly soft as dental materials go, so chances are you will "grind" away the spot that is giving you trouble with normal function.