PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION PS4 OWNERS: Read this before hooking up your new toy

HardlyCapable13
11-15-2013, 03:09 PM
via IGN:

PS4 HDMI Issue Traced Back to Upright Metal in Port

You may want to inspect your PS4's HDMI port before plugging in the system.

Full article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/ps4-hdmi-issue-traced-back-to-upright-metal-in-port

HardlyCapable13
11-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Just wanted to give this a quick bump in case anyone missed it.

Major Stains
11-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Just hoping to add any useful details, if people are suffering problems. (Not rubbing it in)

Hard to get solid conformation on this in the ocean of 'blah' out there.
But I read there is a correlation between faulty hardware and the following details, due to poor workmanship...

If your unit was manufactured in Hongfujin Yantai, REPLACE IT!
Especially if near the manufacturer's name there is the "August/September 2013" date!

Take this with a pinch of salt. And I have no idea where you look for these details.

TonkaToys
01-07-2014, 08:21 AM
With my PS4 due to arrive on Thursday at work (my colleagues and I have already booked a full day meeting), are there any other gotchas that I should be looking out for?

SouthtownSlayer
01-07-2014, 08:47 AM
I had recently been getting A LOT of "A LAN CABLE IS NOT CONNECTED" pop-ups on my PS4 and couldn't figure out why. I just recently got rid of my phone line through my ISP and decided to purchase and replace the my current cable modem; since doing this, I haven't had any connection warnings pop up. I've come to the conclusion that my modem is either bad or failing.

TonkaToys
01-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks - do you think the PS4 uses more data than the PS3, and that this might be exacerbating the issue with the modem?

PS: WOOT!!!! It arrived today :biggrin: problem is it is my son's birthday (7 already) and so we are out tonight, then I'm out at a poker evening. Looks like it'll be a late night for me, as I'm bound to try out the PS4 when I get back from that.

Danbo
01-07-2014, 11:52 AM
What are you bent on trying first mate?

Ullrsdog
01-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks - do you think the PS4 uses more data than the PS3, and that this might be exacerbating the issue with the modem?

PS: WOOT!!!! It arrived today :biggrin: problem is it is my son's birthday (7 already) and so we are out tonight, then I'm out at a poker evening. Looks like it'll be a late night for me, as I'm bound to try out the PS4 when I get back from that.

Well hell it's easy to leave early from a poker game...I have history in my game with 83 suited and Q5...get a wacky hand say you had a feeling the other guy was bluffing and shove it all-in...result= take your last swallow of that tasty porter and head home!

Major Stains
01-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Sounds like a great night Charlie.
See you when the blue line turns white!

TonkaToys
01-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Bloody hell BF4 takes a long time to load (upgrading from PS3)!

Played KZ with Row321 until about 1am and then spent 3 hours last night waiting for BF4 (OK I left it running at 2am) and it was still only at 57% on Multiplayer. So I kicked it off again this morning and thought I had better test the Single Player. Luckily I checked my watch and realised I had 15 minutes to get the kids to school! Argh... what a rush to get things sorted - ended up with two of them balanced on my bike whilst I ran along pushing it. Luckily we made it just in time - now I've got to bribe them not to tell mum!

SouthtownSlayer
01-08-2014, 07:43 AM

After looking at my notes on my outages, I noticed that when I received the "connection" error on my PS4 my PC logs were showing something similar. With the change of the modem I no longer have these issues on my PC as well as the PS4.