PDA

View Full Version : COD: Ghosts CLANS (Xbox, Playstation, Windows PC)

JennRal
11-16-2013, 06:47 PM
New info added 11/24/2013
---------------

Hey Everyone!

What used to be Elite, now allows for cross-platform clans (Xbox, Playstation, Steam)! Download the Call of Duty app, do a clan search for Team MP and request membership! :)

Link to the app page: http://www.callofduty.com/app

QUESTION: I have no way of accessing the app, how do I join?
ANSWER: If you have no way of accessing the app, follow the instructions below. Keep in mind I am using an Xbox 360 and the iPad app for this. I imagine all the platforms are similar, but I am not certain!
Step 1---You have to have a Call of Duty account to join the Ghosts clan. If you do not have a COD account, go to: https://profile.callofduty.com/cod/register to register and link your accounts.

*I do not know if you can register through your console. I was already registered, as was my family, for COD accounts.
*If you already have a COD account, but have not accessed it in a long time, you may have to visit to website to update your information. (I had to do this for my husband's account.)

Step 2 - Before it will allow us to invite you to the clan, you must log in to multiplayer, and select your loadout for your first squad member.
1) Select MULTIPLAYER from the main menu.
2) Select XBOX LIVE
3) Select CREATE A SOLDIER and select your starting load-out.

Step 3 - AFTER you have done the above, send myself or Black_Out_424 (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/member.php?786-Black_Out_424) a message and we will send you and invite! (I am on Xbox, Black_Out_424 is on Playstation, but either one of us can send you an invite.)

Step 4 - Keep checking for your invite. On the Xbox, this is where you will find it:
1) Select MULTIPLAYER from the main menu.
2) Select XBOX LIVE
3) Select BARRACKS
4) Select CLAN INVITES and accept!

*Note: If we happen to send your invite while you are playing multiplayer, the invite will not show up until you back out to the main menu and log back into multiplayer.
*When I was trying to figure this out, I sent my husband an invite. I signed into his account to accept the invite. It gave me an error message when I hit accept and then wouldn't let me do anything. I went back out to the main menu, then back into multiplayer to try it again. This time, it showed clan invites as locked, but I was still able to click on it and see the invite. I hit accept, and it worked.

Question: Once I am a member of the Ghosts clan, how do I add my clan tag?
Answer: 1) From the main menu, select MULTIPLAYER
2) Select CREATE A SOLDIER and then select the squad member you want to edit the clan tag for.
3) From the loadout screen, select CUSTOMIZE
4) Select USE TEAM MP'S CLAN TAG

Question: Does cross-platform clans mean we can play together? Can Xbox 360 players play against Xbox One players?
Answer: No. Unfortunately, there is no cross-platform gameplay. Xbox cannot play with Playstation, nor can Xbox 360 players play with Xbox One players. Cross-platform clans allows us all to share one clan, instead of each console having their own (as it was previously with Elite.) That means we all share one clan level and one roster. It remains to be seen how the clan ops/challenges/wars will work, but the points for each console earns all goes into one big "pot" for the team.

Some observations/speculation about the Call of Duty App:
-A member's name in Clan Chat may not be the same as their gamertag/ID on the roster. I imagine what shows up in Clan Chat is the "Forum Name" you have registered on your Call of Duty account.
-I imagine this will not apply to many people: If you connected your COD account with more than one console, go under Account Settings in the app. You will see "Use Xbox Live Account, Use PSN Account, Use Steam Account." Whichever one is selected is the one that will show up under the Clan Roster. If your gamertag/id is the same for both platforms this is not an issue, but just know that if someone is looking for you on the roster, the name they will see is the account you have chosen to use on the app. (For example, Cubizzle uses "cubizzle" for PSN, and "seethy" on Xbox. On his app, he had "Use Xbox Live Account" selected. Because of this, I could not find "cubizzle" on the clan roster. However, "seethy" is there. When I click on "seethy" on the Clan Roster, I can select PSN from the drop-down menu on the upper right, and on that screen I can see his PSN stats and "cubizzle" id.)

Question: How do we earn Clan XP?
Answer: I found some answers here: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200798815#.UpF8bn-9KSM From my understanding, as long as you are partied up with another clan member, you earn Clan XP at anytime!

Question: What are Clan Wars?
Answer: Clan Wars begin 11/25/2013. Here is a great article by Activision's Community Manager (This is a great site to follow, BTW.): http://oneofswords.com/2013/11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-clan-wars/ .

Jenn
(JennRal)

Black_Out_424
11-16-2013, 07:25 PM
So after lots of work we have the clan running and in good hands. Thank you Jen so much for taking on the lead and helping me make this work for everyone. Make sure you log on to the Call of Duty Clan Wars app.

Everything starts 11/25 so make sure to get signed up and log on.

Look forward to us all coming together and kicking some ass on the clan side. Lets start moving up the ranks.

Major Stains
11-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks for taking this up Jen & Black_Out.
Is it possible to post the link of the clan section in the Activision site here as well, as some people can't access the app.
Thanks again.

Black_Out_424
11-16-2013, 09:42 PM
This was a post from Major Stains that I deleted and didnt want to. Here is all the information he had posted.

We are currently recruiting across all platforms for Call of Duty: Ghosts. (http://community.callofduty.com/message/414816105#414816105/)
Feel free to drop by and bump if you have a spare minute or two.

Thanks

Call of Duty : Ghosts - Clans

Team MP Call of Duty : Ghost Clan

Across Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Feel free to PM Black_Out_424 for further details.
Or join Team MP clan in game

Joining and fighting with a clan is always a big part of online competitive gaming, but developer Infinity Ward wants to make it better and more welcoming to new players. The studio also devised a way to connect players who play the popular first-person-shooter series Call of Duty across different platforms.

Clans in the upcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts provides players with a bunch of new opportunities. Clans can earn experience points (XP) as a group. This enables gamers to unlock unique items and bonuses unattainable for lone wolves. Infinity Ward will curate a clan-versus-clan playlist for teams who want to go against other organized units.

You can manage all this, view team stats, and communicate with teammates using the new Call of Duty app for smartphones and tablets. Through this program you can also manage your Clan Wars, a new metagame that applies points earned in battles toward taking over key locations on a map.

What’s neat is that clans can exist across platforms. This doesn’t mean that PlayStation 3 players will get to play against Xbox 360 owners in matches. Instead, it means that you can join a clan and contribute XP and points for Clan Wars regardless of the system you are using.

Call of Duty: Ghosts launches Nov. 5 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Wii U. It will also debut on PlayStation 4 on Nov. 15 and Xbox One on Nov. 22. While the COD: Modern Warfare team is developing Ghosts, it features an all-new story and cast of characters.

Despite the promise of cross-platform clans, Activision confirmed that the Wii U version will not work with this feature.

Source quote from VentureBeat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOCf7fY7RGI&feature=player_embedded

All Clan FAQs can be found here (http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200777474#.UogrruIhFec/) on CoD.com

HarleyQuinn12
11-17-2013, 12:14 PM
I still don't see my clan tag when I log into ghosts. Is there something I need to do?

JennRal
11-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I can only speak for Xbox, but perhaps you can translate it to Playstation terms. My kids are on the Xbox now, so I can't verify that this is the right screens and right wording for everything. I'll update this post when I hijack the Xbox tonight. LOL

-Go to CREATE A SOLDIER, and select one of your characters
-At the bottom of the screen, there should be an option to EDIT SQUAD MEMBER
-In the list of options such as head, uniform, patch, etc..., there should be a CLAN TAG option. Select it.
-Now select the option to use the Clan's clan tag.

That's it!

JennRal
11-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks for taking this up Jen & Black_Out.
Is it possible to post the link of the clan section in the Activision site here as well, as some people can't access the app.
Thanks again.

It used to be at https://elite.callofduty.com/ . The is not what Ghosts is using. In fact, even though MP Sledgehammer handed over the reins to me, I cannot do any editing on that website. You have to use the app.

Important: I believe you have to register for a Call of Duty account in order to join the Ghosts clan. You can do that through that website, and I think through the app.

SouthtownSlayer
11-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Pew Pew Pew, I see You!!!

Thanks for the invite!!

PS4 represention here!!

TonkaToys
11-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Pew Pew Pew, I see You!!!

Thanks for the invite!!

PS4 represention here!!

Do you want your name on the PS4 Active Players list for this? Harley looks a little lonely in there.

KicksOnRoute66
11-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I can only speak for Xbox, but perhaps you can translate it to Playstation terms. My kids are on the Xbox now, so I can't verify that this is the right screens and right wording for everything. I'll update this post when I hijack the Xbox tonight. LOL

-Go to CREATE A SOLDIER, and select one of your characters
-At the bottom of the screen, there should be an option to EDIT SQUAD MEMBER
-In the list of options such as head, uniform, patch, etc..., there should be a CLAN TAG option. Select it.
-Now select the option to use the Clan's clan tag.

That's it!
I've done that as well but the clan tag only shows in pre-game lobby then doesn't show in game or only after !!!:attention:

JennRal
11-18-2013, 01:46 PM
I've done that as well but the clan tag only shows in pre-game lobby then doesn't show in game or only after !!!:attention:

Where else are you looking for it? The only time I have really paid attention to it is in the pre-game lobby. lol

JennRal
11-24-2013, 12:00 PM
FYI: Added info to the original post. :)

Airease
08-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Just joined. I am having issues using this app. After I try logging either I get a blank screen or a 404 error.

Anyone else of issues with this app or use it?