PDA

View Full Version : China Rising

donhardeone
12-05-2013, 07:30 AM
For those who have tried it out so far, what are your thoughts on China Rising maps? Anyone try out Air Assault or CTF yet?

For me, so far I like the maps. I don't think they did as good of a job making these maps downsize for 24 as they did with the original content, but they are still not as big to trek around as the AK maps were in BF3. Played several rounds of Conquest and TDM last night on them and enjoyed all of the maps really. The Dragon Pass map reminds me of a mashup of various BF BC2 Vietnam maps.

Toxic Avenger72
12-05-2013, 07:53 AM
The Dragon Pass map reminds me of a mashup of various BF BC2 Vietnam maps.

That was what I was thinking too.

I played a few rounds of Conquest last night with a bunch of scrubs that were camping out the bomber rather than capturing flags. :(

TonkaToys
12-05-2013, 09:28 AM
I played a few rounds of Conquest last night with a bunch of scrubs that were camping out the bomber rather than capturing flags. :(

I got 2nd in score sheet (on the losing side) last night after PTFO! Everyone else was sniping or like you say camping the bomber.

Good maps, I think that one with the Cave is going to be bonkers with 64 players though; it was manic with 24.

Haven't tried AirSup yet and didn't even spot CTF.

Dirt bikes are brilliant though.

Major Stains
01-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Can someone help with a PS4 related question?

I got 'Battlefield 4 China Rising' via a preorder code with the disc. It was installed before Christmas with a dark logo in the downloads.
There is now another 'China Rising' with a white logo currently downloading.
Are these the same items, and will it be wasting space on my HD?

I assume I have been playing China Rising over the past week, as when I click the add-on it takes me in game.

HB721
01-06-2014, 05:42 PM
The maps are average. Visually I think they look great. People definitely want to sit back and snipe and are still trying to unlock the damn SUAV. I wish there were Levolution events. Seems ridiculous that they don't.

Sckrapps
01-06-2014, 06:09 PM
@Stains, can't help with a PS4 question. But I know on the X360 you could look to see what was on the HDD, maybe if you did that and matched it to the supposed file size you could see?

I still haven't played a single game of China Rising. It never comes up in the rotation, and I've never caught another MP playing it. And every time I try playing CtF it dumps me into TDM instead. To echo a lot of the sentiment on Battlelog, Dice needs to fix the d$!n game.

Sckrapps
01-07-2014, 01:59 PM
So after posting this yesterday I made a point of searching out a China Rising map and playing it last night. Played Conquest on Dragon Pass and whoa, that was a big map.

Like Don said, it really did look like one of the Vietnam maps. I liked the graphics and the layout, and enjoyed it overall, but it was a fricking meat-grinder. Basically if you were on foot you were dead. I'd never seen so many choppers, boats, tanks, etc going at the same time. If you like vehicles I'd definitely give Dragon Pass on conquest a go.

DayliteMag
01-07-2014, 10:09 PM
I've played the CR maps and they're alright. I def hear you on Dragon pass. It's tough. With most of these maps I have found my best success by camping at one flag and trying to hold it. I figure if I can hold one flag then hopefully the rest of my team will take enough of the others to win the round. Also, I really get to know the area around that flag which helps. When I run around the map I just get pwnd. Of course, if I have a good squad then I will support and spawn on mates.

donhardeone
01-08-2014, 07:33 AM
If I have a squad of MPs or even randoms who play as an actual squad, I grab the best tank I can find, ensure one of my squadmates are engineers, and get to pwning. If my squad sucks or I'm lonewolfing, I do exactly what you do Daylite and try to hold down a single flag. maps are snipers paradise in many regards, so leaving my single flag without a tank is borderline psychotic.