PDA

View Full Version : Should we have taken a break?

Madlob75
03-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Do you think BF4 would have been a better game if we hadn't gone straight from BF3? I'm not talking about more time to develop the game, just the separation. I think part of the problem for me and BF4, is that it's just more of the same. Almost like a massive DLC for BF3. Similar/same guns, same vehicles, same maps (Second Assault)...etc. I guess EA tried with Warfighter, but even then, another modern military FPS. It's too bad Battlefront wasn't in the works sooner. That would have been a great change of pace. OR....Titanfall, oh well.

TheFreak75
03-12-2014, 01:05 PM
They should have done Bad Company3 !!!!!
Do you think BF4 would have been a better game if we hadn't gone straight from BF3? I'm not talking about more time to develop the game, just the separation. I think part of the problem for me and BF4, is that it's just more of the same. Almost like a massive DLC for BF3. Similar/same guns, same vehicles, same maps (Second Assault)...etc. I guess EA tried with Warfighter, but even then, another modern military FPS. It's too bad Battlefront wasn't in the works sooner. That would have been a great change of pace. OR....Titanfall, oh well.

Ullrsdog
03-12-2014, 03:40 PM
personally I have to stick to the "they screwed it up" opinion. IF it played the same as BF3 I think I'd be happier with the game in general and would have been more comfortable with the Giant DLC feel...because yes I think it feels very similar to just that. In the end I have spent years playing mainly FPS games so for me the fact that it is another modern shooter is less of an issue than the playability of the game itself. Don't get me wrong though if Battle Front came out as a next gen Launch Title I would have went for that over BF4 because it would have been a change while giving me the FPS feel that I'd be looking for.

Sckrapps
03-12-2014, 04:20 PM
They should have done Bad Company3 !!!!!

@Freak - BC3 may be in the works, but with no real date. Originally I had heard Q4 2014, but that might not be happening now.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-bad-company-3-will-happen-says-dice/1100-641527

RC-1136
03-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Taken a break to play what? COD? Warframe got old for me quick. I don't have the time to play open world games. Saw the trailer for Darks Souls 2 and I'm not impressed. I think they just screwed it up. I would have gladly played for a prettier version of BF3 that played the same way on the PS4.

Retro
03-14-2014, 08:30 PM
I'll take BF4 over the crap fest that was BF3 any day. It had it's issues during launch, but it's been smooth since the December update. At least on XBO.

That said I would have rather seen them do Bad Company 3 first and then BF4 in 2015/16

johnnyh1976
03-14-2014, 10:58 PM
I'll take BF4 over the crap fest that was BF3 any day. It had it's issues during launch, but it's been smooth since the December update. At least on XBO.

That said I would have rather seen them do Bad Company 3 first and then BF4 in 2015/16

For this console gen...we went with XBone because our LAN parties are going to mostly consist of Titanfall. I picked up BF4 and was absolutely blown away with the difference from PS3 to the new consoles...fast smooth...total mayhem...it's taking me a while to adjust to the faster/smoother gameplay and the XB controller. I won't be getting the new maps right away but will eventually as I like the China Rising maps and it would be nice to play Metro and Oman again.

HM3 Hellstorm
03-15-2014, 08:41 AM
I just went from BF4 on 360 to the ONE version and there is a huge difference. Not just with the maps and games being bigger, but the gameplay itself is so much better. I was the same way as johnny, I was pretty levelled up on the 360 but I could barely play on the ONE because it was such different gameplay. After a day or so of playing it, I am much more comfortable with it and I am really liking it. The only problem now will be dividing up my time between Titanfall and BF4.

I really think that they concentrated the development towards the new consoles and if you were on the older consoles, you were never going to have that good of an experience. I just wish they would have come out and said that in the beginning.

johnnyh1976
03-15-2014, 02:25 PM
I just went from BF4 on 360 to the ONE version and there is a huge difference. Not just with the maps and games being bigger, but the gameplay itself is so much better. I was the same way as johnny, I was pretty levelled up on the 360 but I could barely play on the ONE because it was such different gameplay. After a day or so of playing it, I am much more comfortable with it and I am really liking it. The only problem now will be dividing up my time between Titanfall and BF4.

I really think that they concentrated the development towards the new consoles and if you were on the older consoles, you were never going to have that good of an experience. I just wish they would have come out and said that in the beginning.

I was totally going to go with the PS4...but due to availability and a lack of exclusives that interest me, I went with the XBOne..Titanfall, Dead Rising3, Ryse...and I can't wait to be introduced to Halo and hopefully Gears of War.....My online time is going to be split between Titanfall and a metric crap ton of BF4 starting with my first BF4 marathon night tonight once the rest of the family is in bed and feeding our gecko and making sure he is not having a hard time shedding his skin.

Sckrapps
03-15-2014, 05:45 PM
a metric crap ton of BF4 starting with my first BF4 marathon night tonight once the rest of the family is in bed

Good to know - I might hop on later to try and squad up with you!

I hadn't said anything before but yeah, I'm thinking this issue might be more console specific. I got sick of BF3 and abandoned it really quickly, so coming to BF4 on the XB1 was just completely awesome. Sounds like you PS guys are kind of having the oppo problem, where BF3 was pretty good and BF4 not so much. The number of peeps you have playing together must still keep it pretty fun though, even if its not as good.

donhardeone
03-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Even on the 360, I still enjoy BF4 more than BF3 on the whole. IMO BF3 was a terrible game that was made awesome only by the MPs I played with. Once people started trailing off though and moving on to other games, I grew to really hate playing it. I never once played Aftermath, and only played the previous DLC 4-5 games total I think...had zero interest with not many MPs playing it and my general distaste for the game by that point. I played it a lot at launch and the first two DLCs.

Minus the obvious issues at launch that lasted way longer than they should, I enjoy BF4 on the whole. There are times when I am lonewolfing it that I don't enjoy it much, but generally even when at least one other MP is signed on I thoroughly enjoy the game...much more than I ever did on BF3. There have been times I disliked BF4, but as others above have stated I think that was more a sign that Dice/EA screwed up in launching a broken game. They finally got most of the issues sorted I think, but based off Battlelog forums I'd say there is a large portion of players who feel otherwise.

Retro
03-15-2014, 08:35 PM
but based off Battlelog forums I'd say there is a large portion of players who feel otherwise.
You find that with any franchise game, people on the forums always bitch about the new game and go on about how perfect a previous version was. But you look back and see them bitching about those older versions when they were released.
I see it all the time, especially with games like Madden or NBA 2K.

Bad Company 2 is remembered around here and many other places as one of the best FPS games ever. People seem to have forgotten it took between 3 & 6 months for them to fix all the server issues with the constant rubber banding in that game. The core game was great, but the servers and netcoding for a long time after release were pretty bad. I almost guarantee that whatever Battlefield game comes next, it will have it's issues and BF fans everywhere will complain and go on about how much better BF4 was.

HM3 Hellstorm
03-15-2014, 08:38 PM
The Battlelog forums are unrealistic. People just want to get on there and complain and not say or do anything constructive. My guess is that they aren't people who grew up playing Atari 2600 or Nintendo. Games have come so far and it really has been a quick advance and I am sure that has something to do with some of these problems. I think the developers have great ideas and some of the problems we see are implementing these ideas into actual gameplay. I think BF4 is a cutting edge game in terms of what it offers. Would it have been nice to get it right out of the gate??? Sure, but as long as they are trying to fix it and make improvements, I will be patient. Its worth it to me.