PDA

View Full Version : Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Madlob75
04-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Am I the only one watching this show? I know it started kind of slow and didn't get good reviews, but it's getting better every week.

donhardeone
04-11-2014, 06:36 AM
I've wanted to give it a go, just haven't done so to this point. I honestly hadn't heard many people say much about it (positive or negative), but sounds like it may be worth trying to catch-up on episodes.

RC-1136
04-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Am I the only one watching this show? I know it started kind of slow and didn't get good reviews, but it's getting better every week.

I love it. Watch it with my family every week. I got to tell you though. I am happy that I saw The Winter Soldier over the weekend because this weeks episode will make no sense.

Madlob75
04-11-2014, 08:37 AM
I love it. Watch it with my family every week. I got to tell you though. I am happy that I saw The Winter Soldier over the weekend because this weeks episode will make no sense.

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet because now I know what the major storyline is. The show is really hitting its stride.

RC-1136
04-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet because now I know what the major storyline is. The show is really hitting its stride.

My whole family loves it. We DVR it and then can't wait to sit together and watch. I was actually surprised how much of the show has tied in with the movies. There are still some big spoilers in the movie that the show didn't hit on. The Winter Soldier is a must see. Especially if you are a fan of Marvel.

Gink
04-11-2014, 11:25 AM
The show has definitely gotten better throughout the season. This week's episode was a wild ride! I could definitely tell I was missing things that happened elsewhere, but somehow the show makes watching the movies that tie-in a plus without being absolutely necessary.

TonkaToys
04-11-2014, 11:28 AM
I enjoy it - and force the kids (and missus) to watch it with me. I think they like it when it is on, it is just that they'd rather watch Adventure Time or whatever other rubbish is on kids' TV.

RC-1136
04-11-2014, 12:07 PM
I enjoy it - and force the kids (and missus) to watch it with me. I think they like it when it is on, it is just that they'd rather watch Adventure Time or whatever other rubbish is on kids' TV.

Do you have Nickelodeon across the pond? I can't believe some of the crap they put out for kids.

Back on topic, my whole family loves the show. My wife and I get annoyed that we can't watch it when it's on because we have to wait for the kids.

Gink
04-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Do you have Nickelodeon across the pond? I can't believe some of the crap they put out for kids.

Back on topic, my whole family loves the show. My wife and I get annoyed that we can't watch it when it's on because we have to wait for the kids.

Seriously, I'd rather the kids watch Adventure Time than pretty much any of the "tween" drama crap on Nickelodeon or Disney.

The 16yo pretty much won't watch TV with us. Any show we like is automatically lame to her. 8yo would probably like it, but we watch it after she's in bed. The wife is actually way more into S.H.I.E.L.D. than I am. She wants to get caught upon all the related movies and such. I pretty much just started watching it to see a new Joss Whedon show. I'd really rather he were doing another Firefly or Dollhouse type show, but have gone from apathetic about SHIELD to actually enjoying it quite a bit.

Major Stains
04-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm really enjoying this still, and are glad they have kept up the momentum into series 2. I love how they are splicing it into the movies as they should do really, being they are all adaptations from the comics.

It's good, easy viewing for a Friday night. Although my wife thinks its kids TV.
I beg to differ with the endless stream of hot female characters popping up each week.

TonkaToys
04-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Yeah I was quite (pleasantly) surprised when the hacker lady stripped down to bra and panties.

Spyvenom
04-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Agreed Major Stains. I have really got in to this series. I've never been a comics guy but I've enjoyed the movies and like how they are tying the series in to them. If I hadn't gone to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier the weekend it came out, I would have been lost in the TV show.

Gink
05-15-2014, 12:27 AM
So... how about that season finale? Have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of this show in the beginning, but after sticking with it, I'm looking forward to the next season.

The last episode had Whedon all over it. No one else rolls action and witty banter together quite like he does.

Major Stains
06-03-2014, 05:08 PM
So... how about that season finale? Have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of this show in the beginning, but after sticking with it, I'm looking forward to the next season.

The last episode had Whedon all over it. No one else rolls action and witty banter together quite like he does.

I loved the final episode. (Only just caught up)
All in all I really enjoyed this series.
It had the right balance of plot/ action/ cheese from start to finish.

Gink
09-28-2014, 05:15 PM
New season has started. A lot of changes in the first episode, bunch of new characters and a totally different dynamic. Not sure what I think so far.

Honestly I'm not sure I'll be sticking with this show if they've done away with the Fitz-Simmons duo. Some of the best laughs in the first season were connected to those two. Simmons being gone and Fitz not being cheeky is no fun at all. Chances are it's just a plot-point situation that will be resolved over the course of the season. Still, removing the most likable characters made the opener one of the least funny episodes so far, and the drama in the show doesn't really carry it for me.

Madlob75
09-28-2014, 06:31 PM
New season has started. A lot of changes in the first episode, bunch of new characters and a totally different dynamic. Not sure what I think so far.

Honestly I'm not sure I'll be sticking with this show if they've done away with the Fitz-Simmons duo. Some of the best laughs in the first season were connected to those two. Simmons being gone and Fitz not being cheeky is no fun at all. Chances are it's just a plot-point situation that will be resolved over the course of the season. Still, removing the most likable characters made the opener one of the least funny episodes so far, and the drama in the show doesn't really carry it for me.

I was super excited about this season. Agree that the changes so far left me wondering where this is all going. I thought some of the scenes with Coulson seemed over-played. I kept asking myself why he's acting like he's late for work and can't find his keys. Still excited though, I wonder if they'll use this show to set up the Civil War plotline.

RC-1136
09-29-2014, 12:35 PM
I was super excited about this season. Agree that the changes so far left me wondering where this is all going. I thought some of the scenes with Coulson seemed over-played. I kept asking myself why he's acting like he's late for work and can't find his keys. Still excited though, I wonder if they'll use this show to set up the Civil War plotline.

I agree with you about Coulson, Madlob. He did seem overplayed. I also thought it was weird that Sky is now a full blown operative. It was a shame about Xena.

Major Stains
09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Looking forward to this.
The only good thing about the summer disappearing is that the TV gets a bit better.

But as always, we are a few weeks behind over here so please, please remember the...

http://i57.tinypic.com/57cs2.jpg

Retro
09-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Still excited though, I wonder if they'll use this show to set up the Civil War plotline.

If they go Civil War that would be just too awesome. However I doubt it, with Sony owning the rights to Spider-Man and Fox owning the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Gink
05-25-2016, 08:30 PM
Well, another season in the bag. Anyone else still watching this? It's nearly lost me from time to time, I don't always look forward to it, but the wife loves it and it manages to stay fairly entertaining.

After a pretty satisfying wrap of the current plotline, they gave us a glimpse of what's in store for next season, looks like a whole new direction.

Hard to believe Ward (in one form or another) is probably actually finally dead. Nice of him to take Lincoln with him, guy was getting on my nerves. Of course now Sky/Daisy has even more stuff to be traumatized/whiny about and to make everyone stop everything right in the middle of important missions to discuss her feelings. Unless they drop some of her baggage the character is going to get buried in it and possibly drag the whole show down with it. Having Hunter and Bobby leave wasn't a great move, Hunter brought some much needed comic relief as most of the characters have gotten a bit too serious and emotional over the seasons. Apparently they left to make a pilot for a spin-off series, which ended up not getting picked up. Maybe they'll bring them back?