PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

donhardeone
04-11-2014, 07:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smFJaRWwvRs

I'm not thrilled that it isn't coming to next-gen console, but what I have read and seen so far has me excited nonetheless and a reason to keep my 360.

donhardeone
04-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Curious...how do others feel about the opportunity to play as claptrap?

xMisFitToyx
04-14-2014, 12:07 PM

I'll give it a try .... I love me some good Claptrap humor :becky:

Gink
04-14-2014, 05:01 PM

Well, if he's a total bandit killing badass that seems to completely go against his character and I doubt I'll play as him. If playing as him is sort of a joke and he's just hilariously terrible it could be fun for playing co-op. All-in-all I'd have rather seen a 4th new character that made more sense.

I'm more curious to see how folks react to having to get out their ps3/360 to play this. I'm still on ps3, but definitely hoping I won't be by the time this game is released, so even though the wife and I are big fans of the franchise, I wonder how much we'll play this once the ps3 is no longer in the living room.

donhardeone
04-14-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm actually keeping my 360 for the sole purpose that I play Borderlands 1 & 2 with several friends who couldn't afford moving to the XB1 even if they offered it. Still sucks that I have to keep my old console to play one of my favorite franchises, but that's how it goes in the year after a next gen release I guess. As far as claptrap, I am torn. I view him as the equivalent to the old dog from Duck Hunt; you want to shoot him, but he's actually one of the biggest motivators in the game. I am a little sad that he may not be there commenting on everything you do, which may make worth at least giving him a go as playable character I guess.

Gink
04-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Damn. I hadn't even considered the implication that him being a playable character meant he won't be running his mouth randomly throughout the story. That kind of sucks.
I'm pretty much assuming that the options for developing this game were either last gen or not at all. It looks like a pretty full story, who knows what the length will be, but it seems like they are just building some new content onto the existing tools, engine, etc of Borderlands 2. So I can accept it in that regard, and assuming that somewhere they are working away on making an amazing next gen Borderlands 3, taking the time to do it right rather than rushing to just have something new to sell.

donhardeone
08-18-2014, 01:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9a4wr4I1hk

xMisFitToyx
08-18-2014, 01:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9a4wr4I1hk

Looks Great!

I'm almost through playing BL2 on my Vita. I should be wanting more by the time this comes out.

Gink
08-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Definitely looks worth a play, and I'm ready for a new Borderlands adventure. Think I'll just keep the PS3 in the living room until we get our fill of this one. Call it the last gen's last hurrah!