PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Platform Choice

Retro
04-28-2014, 05:13 PM
What system do you intend to buy it for?

You can select multiple systems if you choose, all votes are public.

donhardeone
04-28-2014, 07:40 PM
I chose 'Undecided' because I'm waiting for the beta to get a better feel of the game. If I get it, it will most likely be for the Xbox One though.

Retro
04-28-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm undecided for the game in general and what system. If the game looks like a buy then I'd like to go PS4 but I just prefer XBL for gaming much more than PSN.

REMEC87
07-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Hey Guys! As the release date gets closer it would be nice to know who is getting this game.

Ill be pre ordering it this week and unless the beta is something awful, ill be picking it up day one.

C'mon and vote Mpeeps!

johnnyh1976
07-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Xbox One version being pre-ordered this week. Not that I want to wish summer away but I cannot wait for this one to drop. A nice change from the usual military based shooters.

Major Stains
07-07-2014, 04:36 PM
I voted PS4 because I'm desperate to buy a decent game for it.
But I'm not preordering or even buying it until I read a weeks worth of reviews from you guys...

Ullrsdog
07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Hey Guys! As the release date gets closer it would be nice to know who is getting this game.

Ill be pre ordering it this week and unless the beta is something awful, ill be picking it up day one.

C'mon and vote Mpeeps!

I was planning on picking this up but considering Remec will be playing the game...well I'll stick to the red hot, sharpened, steel eye probing rather than risk playing along side that beer swilling Canuck!!

Just kidding Remmy - I am undecided at the moment maybe I will check the beta out or just see what you clowns think of it before I pull the trigger...ahem pun intended...

RC-1136
07-07-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm getting it for the PS4. I already have preordered a digital copy from the Playstation Store. I'm going to try the predownload so the game will be installed and ready to play at midnight on 9/9.

SouthtownSlayer
07-08-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm getting it on the PS4 and should see you guys on release date!

PUBA1978
07-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Pre ordered for PS4.
Bungie stated they optimized the game for both consoles so hopefully there isnt any parity clause

Ullrsdog
07-08-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm getting it on the PS4 and should see you guys on release date!

that seals it...im out. Slacker what the hell are you up to?!?!

SouthtownSlayer
07-08-2014, 10:03 AM
that seals it...im out. Slacker what the hell are you up to?!?!

You ass!! You know me joining actually signed the deal for you to buy it right now!!!

Dude, I finally freaking retired and with that comes an earlier bed time! You fools don't log on until 2300 and well I'm knocked out by then!
Sadly, we stayed on the shitty ass East Coast since my new job is here!

mechatool
07-08-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm going to wait and see. I played Halo before on the xbox and I wasn't a fan. I don't know if it was the controller or all the bunny hopping. If I pick it up, it will be for the PS4.

Ullrsdog
07-08-2014, 10:41 AM
You ass!! You know me joining actually signed the deal for you to buy it right now!!!

Dude, I finally freaking retired and with that comes an earlier bed time! You fools don't log on until 2300 and well I'm knocked out by then!
Sadly, we stayed on the shitty ass East Coast since my new job is here!

what I heard was Retired...then in the same breath my new job...so did you retire or not!?!? If you have a new job then you should be staying up late...maybe I'll catch you on a Friday night or something before the Bodington's send you to the sand man. :ar15:

SouthtownSlayer
07-08-2014, 01:25 PM
what I heard was Retired...then in the same breath my new job...so did you retire or not!?!? If you have a new job then you should be staying up late...maybe I'll catch you on a Friday night or something before the Bodington's send you to the sand man. :ar15:

I retired from the military and got another job working for the government, I go on travel on Thursday and won't be back until Sunday so will maybe see you on tonight if you jump on!

Snowblind
07-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Getting it for ps4, I might have an extra beta code to give out. Switched my pre order from best buy to amazon,the code is good for any system just need to redeem it on bungie.net. I am a huge halo fan and enjoyed the early alpha but hopefully during the beta i can get some game time in with some mp's.

HardlyCapable13
07-08-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm going xBone because I hate 1080p.

:ban:

RC-1136
07-09-2014, 10:40 AM
I just changed my preorder to the Digital Special Edition on the PS4. Going to get some ingame swag as well as the 2 expansion packs. Since I got anally raped by Dice and BF Premium, the extra $29.99 didn't hurt as much.

Uglyduck213
07-18-2014, 01:33 AM
I'm late to the party! The Beta's been pretty smooth. Caught a couple of games with Moe and Mech. Lots of character customization, intelligent AI, and an interesting story. You can team up in 3 man co op fire teams to complete missions too.

Snowblind
07-18-2014, 02:59 PM
My son is enjoying the beta but wants it on xbox one so he can play with his friends. I may buy a xbox one version as well.

mechatool
09-02-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm definitely pick this up day one. Can't wait to play (1week left).

Airease
09-02-2014, 03:44 PM
This is going on my Wishlist for the upcoming holiday

Wife cut me off of buying any more games. After she found out I purchased Madden 15

Snowblind
09-02-2014, 05:49 PM
This is going on my Wishlist for the upcoming holiday

Wife cut me off of buying any more games. After she found out I purchased Madden 15
Tell her it was on sale. my ps4 collectors edition will be delivered by amazon, first pre order through them,getting it on xbox 1 as well.

Gink
09-02-2014, 06:16 PM
I finally took the leap and preordered the Destiny PS4 bundle from Amazon, so assuming it delivers on the 9th and I get it all setup, I'll see everyone on day one.

Airease
09-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Tell her it was on sale. my ps4 collectors edition will be delivered by amazon, first pre order through them,getting it on xbox 1 as well.

Lol. If only it was that simple.

Have pre-ordered many games from Amazon. Never had an issue. And even with price changes with them before release I've had notification that my cc will be billed with the new price.

Major Stains
09-03-2014, 03:41 PM
'Destiny' Fans Taking Friends-Only Raid Matchmaking Into Their Own Hands (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/03/destiny-fans-taking-friends-only-raid-matchmaking-into-their-own-hands/)

(Click above for article)

Pah!... these pretenders don't have a Llama or spangly mankinis! :llama::becky:

Other fan-made solutions are springing up as well, including clan “Dads of Destiny,” aimed at bringing together busy fathers who just want a place to game with others like them, with similarly restrictive schedules. Here’s their mission statement.

“We’re a growing collective of dads, granddads, and uncles. Our ages span from 18 – 60 and we share common values. We’re all family-oriented guys who understand that normal day-to-day life comes first and gaming comes second. We are business owners, laborers, investors, doctors, lawyers, bankers, chefs, and artists. We are unique individuals who have come together with a common interest. We are gamers. We are fathers. We are the Dads of Destiny.”

*Edit. If a mod sees this, I just found the Destiny thread it was 'destined' for. It isn't in the Destiny sub forum but lurking at the bottom of Multi plats.
Can it be relocated please?
Sorry to crash this thread!

Retro
09-03-2014, 05:05 PM
'Destiny' Fans Taking Friends-Only Raid Matchmaking Into Their Own Hands (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/03/destiny-fans-taking-friends-only-raid-matchmaking-into-their-own-hands/)

(Click above for article)

Pah!... these pretenders don't have a Llama or spangly mankinis! :llama::becky:
I swear Paul Tassi maybe the most out of touch game "journalist" out there. People have been using clans and other sites to organize games since the dawn of online gaming. How is it a problem?

Spike Forehand
09-03-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm definitely getting it, have it pre-ordered :), but you won't see me until the weekend as I'll be in the UK. :( Hopefully I won't be playing catch-up in the co-op missions too much.

Also - I created a recruiting thread for all platforms that could use some love and bumping:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/68649025/0/0

Spike Forehand
09-03-2014, 05:41 PM
I finally took the leap and preordered the Destiny PS4 bundle from Amazon, so assuming it delivers on the 9th and I get it all setup, I'll see everyone on day one.

Will be awesome to game with you again Gink!!!

Major Stains
09-03-2014, 05:53 PM
you won't see me until the weekend as I'll be in the UK. :(
Don't be too sad, we have overcast weather, expensive warm beer, and soccer to cheer you up!

Also - I created a recruiting thread for all platforms that could use some love and bumping:

Good work Sir, consider it bumped.

Spike Forehand
09-03-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm definitely getting it, have it pre-ordered :), but you won't see me until the weekend as I'll be in the UK. :( Hopefully I won't be playing catch-up in the co-op missions too much.

And in less than an hour it was all the way back on page 3 of the forum - yikes. This one will need a lot of love and bumping.

If you can, it does have the ability to be rated up - kinda like reddit - so that it appears in the "trending" or "highest rated" lists.

johnnyh1976
09-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Ahhhhhh. One more week. I was supposed to be going away for work for 2 weeks starting launch day, but it got pushed back until the end of the month....Yay!!!.

My XBox one is going to get some serious love over the next little while. Can't wait to get lost in this one.

SouthtownSlayer
09-04-2014, 01:51 PM
I am even more excited for the release of this game!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZyQK6kUdWQ

Major Stains
09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Nice ad, looking forward to getting stuck in with MPs.

Got a few questions,
does any beta data pass into the actual game?
On the bungee site it says I'm not in a clan, is our MP group not a clan or is a clan generated once in game?

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions this time next week!

HardlyCapable13
09-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Got a few questions,
On the bungee site it says I'm not in a clan, is our MP group not a clan or is a clan generated once in game?

No clue about the clan thing, but the beta saves do not transfer. Bungie verified all that data was wiped.

Snowblind
09-04-2014, 02:19 PM
All data is wiped,but the clan might be down until launch for that same reason. My characters are not on my mobile app and all the trading card codes I entered say wait until sep 9 to see what I unlocked. Can't wait to get some time in on this but my sons hockey starts today so he has a game next Tuesday and working Friday nites for overtime so maybe Saturday can put a good amount of time into this.:blabla: Will you MP's forgive me if I don't take him? Do teams really need goalies that bad?

REMEC87
09-04-2014, 02:51 PM
All data is wiped,but the clan might be down until launch for that same reason. My characters are not on my mobile app and all the trading card codes I entered say wait until sep 9 to see what I unlocked. Can't wait to get some time in on this but my sons hockey starts today so he has a game next Tuesday and working Friday nites for overtime so maybe Saturday can put a good amount of time into this.:blabla: Will you MP's forgive me if I don't take him? Do teams really need goalies that bad?

If you live in Canada, call rent a goalie (real thing) and ask for the youngest looking goalie they have to fill in for your son lol

Badgerute
09-04-2014, 03:08 PM
I should be rejoining the MP flock when Destiny is released (but getting a strong push from other bros to get xbox and get it for that -- apparently if you buy xbox, you can get any game free). currently addicted to Madden's Madden Ultimate Football. Brings me back to when I was kid -- we would buy football cards and then pretend that was our team. MUT lets you buy/earn packs and then those players are added to your team. The only problem is running into teams that have obviously paid a lot of money and they are stacked. But for guys like Ullrsdog (assignment hounds), there's a billion things to do to earn coins, packs, players, etc., to build your team. Good stuff. It is basically an RPG for sports games.

Gink
09-04-2014, 04:39 PM
And in less than an hour it was all the way back on page 3 of the forum - yikes. This one will need a lot of love and bumping.

If you can, it does have the ability to be rated up - kinda like reddit - so that it appears in the "trending" or "highest rated" lists.

It can be accessed through the Destiny mobile app too! Makes it a little easier to bump often, though I haven't found the feature to rate it up there yet.

Got a few questions,

Beta progress is toast :frown (2): And apparently clans are being worked on and are disabled until the 9th.
Not sure if our group will revert to being a clan at that point or what. It never really worked right during beta either,
I had to do some weird sequence of unjoining and rejoining from the right page to get it to show I was in a clan, hopefully they're fixing that.

Gink
09-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Anyone know anything about Alliances in Destiny?

Sounds like there's some clan wars going on in the recruiting threads, with big clans/alliances down voting everyone's recruitment threads to push themselves to the "Highest Ranked" and "Trending" lists. Small clans are complaining about having to join alliances to compete. All sounds a little crazy to me.

I noticed "Dad's of Destiny" has 5000+ members, and an alliance with several other groups. All thanks to getting written up by the Forbes twit I'm sure.

Snowblind
09-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Here is a link to get the trading card codes if no one has them. http://orcz.com/Destiny:_Trading_Card_Codes ,You redeem them on the Bungie site and they give you emblams and such.

Spike Forehand
09-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Anyone know anything about Alliances in Destiny?

Sounds like there's some clan wars going on in the recruiting threads, with big clans/alliances down voting everyone's recruitment threads to push themselves to the "Highest Ranked" and "Trending" lists. Small clans are complaining about having to join alliances to compete. All sounds a little crazy to me.

I noticed "Dad's of Destiny" has 5000+ members, and an alliance with several other groups. All thanks to getting written up by the Forbes twit I'm sure.

That's hilarious. I just read through some of the clans that are at the top, and it says a lot about the types of people in them IMO. Here's the "requirements" from the top one "Solaris" which is "backed by the shadow ravens alliance."

How to join?:
To be specific. We don't necessarily accept casuals. Players who benefit the team. Determination, Dedication and Very active. ( If you have a life thats ok too lol) These are the most important requirements you'll need to join Solaris.
You can request to join. But you will need to tryout first. After some spectating, it will be determined if your joining or not.
Tryout starts September 10th 3:00-6:30pm EST.
Good Luck out there in the wild Guardians!

I'm gonna send them an e-mail asking if I am qualified seeing as I'm no longer a virgin.

Snowblind
09-06-2014, 11:15 PM
if any one is interested i found a site on reddit that will allow you to enter all 25 codes on the bungie site all at once. I manned up and copy and pasted mine one at a time,but hind site being 20.20 this is much better.:bored:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2fmp4u/all_25_codes/

Major Stains
09-07-2014, 10:29 AM
I manned up and copy and pasted mine one at a time

Same here, it wasn't as bad as when I first joined Team MP though.
Back then my computer was in a different room to the console, so I had to write down 30 or more 12 digit friend codes then manually enter them to play Call of Duty.
Boy that was dedication to the team!