PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Retro
05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Activision and developer Sledgehammer Games are planning to unveil the "new era" of Call of Duty on Sunday.
Sledgehammer tweeted out the announcement, saying "[a new era] of Call of Duty arrives May 4th." In addition, the Call of Duty Twitter account changed its cover image to a photo of what looks like the Golden Gate Bridge with billowing smoke behind it, along with text claiming a "world reveal" is happening this weekend. And to complete the trio of teases, the franchise's official website has a countdown timer for the unveiling.

Earlier this year, Activision announced Sledgehammer Games as the developer of this year's Call of Duty, while also revealing that the franchise is now being developed on three-year cycles between three teams: Sledgehammer, Infinity Ward, and Treyarch. "There are several advantages to doing this," the publisher said at the time. "The first is, of course, quality. This will give our designers more time to envision and to innovate."
Last week, IGN showed off the first image from the next Call of Duty, which Activision calls a "next-gen-first development." Stay tuned to IGN for more on this year's Call of Duty.

Source (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/new-era-of-call-of-duty-set-to-be-revealed-on-sunday)

LandShark
05-01-2014, 01:31 PM
they should be able to add so much more into the COD games with the 3 year rotation!

HardlyCapable13
05-01-2014, 07:49 PM
they should be able to add so much more into the COD games with the 3 year rotation!

:lol:

FeelinKorny
05-01-2014, 09:05 PM
:lol:

Exactly

Retro
05-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Laugh all you want but the 10 slot system brought in for BlOps2 is one of the features to be added to an FPS game in years. I'll give them credit for that.

REMEC87
05-02-2014, 09:45 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-leaked-see-the-first-video-and-images-274126.phtml

I don't know if this is old news or not but it's new for me. :)

HardlyCapable13
05-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Laugh all you want

I did.

And I will.

Seriously though, since I'm done with the Battlefield franchise, I will probably give CoD another chance, starting with this one. Hell, may even give Ghosts a rental sometime soon.

LandShark
05-02-2014, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't rent ghost IMO, but maybe not this year or the next, 3 years to work on a game should be plenty of time to improve.

RC-1136
05-02-2014, 09:57 AM
I saw the trailer this morning. Looks a little Titanfallish. I hate Treyarch COD games so I'm happy to see Sledgehammer working on it. Personally I'm hoping that Destiny is the COD/BF killer that I've been waiting for.

HardlyCapable13
05-02-2014, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't rent ghost IMO

$4 for use of a game for 5 days? Why the hell not?

LandShark
05-02-2014, 10:31 AM
$4 for use of a game for 5 days? Why the hell not?
because I personally would be pissed I spent $4 on it and wouldn't be looking forward to the new COD.

HardlyCapable13
05-02-2014, 10:36 AM
because I personally would be pissed I spent $4 on it and wouldn't be looking forward to the new COD.

Well, Mr. Royalty, I am on a different thought process. I think 80 cents per day to try a game out that I've never played is a well placed investment. Even though I know I will most likely not like the game, I still enjoy trying games I've never played, you know, because I'm a gamer.

LandShark
05-02-2014, 10:41 AM
that's why I said "I" wouldn't do it. I don't care what everyone else does.

Retro
05-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Well, Mr. Royalty, I am on a different thought process. I think 80 cents per day to try a game out that I've never played is a well placed investment. Even though I know I will most likely not like the game, I still enjoy trying games I've never played, you know, because I'm a gamer.

I'll be trying it this weekend. It's free on PS4 for a few days.

HardlyCapable13
05-02-2014, 10:59 AM
I'll be trying it this weekend. It's free on PS4 for a few days.

Don't tell LS that. He wouldn't even bother trying it if it was free... :shocked:

LandShark
05-02-2014, 11:20 AM
if its worth anything it shouldn't be free.

Retro
05-02-2014, 11:29 AM
if its worth anything it shouldn't be free.

Because we all know you would turn down free beer.

HardlyCapable13
05-02-2014, 11:31 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/36034054.jpg

LandShark
05-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Damn yall, I knew I should have played frontlines instead of coming to the forums. lesson learned!

Borlaxx
05-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Looks like it could be good, but it is going to take something really special and new to get me out of the *meh* feeling I get with multiplayer FPS these days. They just can't hold my attention like they used to. I actually enjoyed Ghosts......for a couple days. Then the "been here, done this" feeling set in, and some of the negatives like maps that are way too big for so few players started to shine through. Hopefully this one will be better.

Retro
05-02-2014, 11:57 AM
We will find out soon. Hopefully the ability to dodge and counter is true.

To me any FPS game gets old, it's more who you play with. BC2 is my favorite but even it got old, but it was the 8, 10, 16, 24 MP's all trying to squeeze into a game that made it really fun. I miss those Friday & Saturday gaming nights where the problem was we had too many people wanting to play together.

HardlyCapable13
05-02-2014, 12:01 PM
I miss those Friday & Saturday gaming nights where the problem was we had too many people wanting to play together.

and sadly I joined Team MP just as BF3 was coming out, missing those great times. :pout:

Retro
05-02-2014, 12:09 PM
and sadly I joined Team MP just as BF3 was coming out, missing those great times. :pout:

So you're the one who cocked it up!

Seriously though, we had to have multiple party's going. More often than not what started at 8pm and was intended to last no longer than and hour or two ended up lasting until 2 or 3 am. I know one night it was just Freak, Underdog and me left and we got into a RUSH match around midnight. Just us three on one side and the other side had about 8 people to start. We decided to just hunker down at the spawn instead of attacking. That single round lasted until almost 4:30am. We were killing ourselves laughing and thinking the people on the other side were getting pissed. We ended up getting messages thanking us for the awesome round and asking if we wanted to go again!

Retro
05-02-2014, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFu5qXMuaJU

Retro
05-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Another perk of the exoskeleton is the ability to scale walls. At one point in the trailer, the soldier looks down at the gloves of his exoskeleton.

Article (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/the-futuristic-tech-of-the-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer)

TheFreak75
05-02-2014, 12:17 PM
That night will always be epic in my book!!!!
so you're the one who cocked it up!

Seriously though, we had to have multiple party's going. More often than not what started at 8pm and was intended to last no longer than and hour or two ended up lasting until 2 or 3 am. I know one night it was just freak, underdog and me left and we got into a rush match around midnight. Just us three on one side and the other side had about 8 people to start. We decided to just hunker down at the spawn instead of attacking. That single round lasted until almost 4:30am. We were killing ourselves laughing and thinking the people on the other side were getting pissed. We ended up getting messages thanking us for the awesome round and asking if we wanted to go again!

Retro
05-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm going to get hate for saying this and perhaps I am getting caught up in hype but ....I will buy this CoD the moment it is released.

LandShark
05-02-2014, 12:29 PM
I will too, just hope it lives up to the hype.

Retro
05-02-2014, 12:30 PM
I will too, just hope it lives up to the hype.

But if it lives up to the hype, there will be nothing to bitch about!

Retro
05-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Edited

FeelinKorny
05-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Yesterday the thought of a new COD did not excite me to much. Ghost left such a bad taste in my mouth. However, I don't think there is a way to be worse then Ghost. So based on how bad Ghost is alone, I expect this new one to be better.

THEN I watched the trailer (thanks Retro). In all honesty Im actually hyped for the new COD. This may very well be the first COD game where I actually play the single player campaign. Hopefully the online portion of the new COD is good because that's the meat and potatoes to me. But if a trailer for a Call of Duty game (single player aspect) can get me excited, then I need to be hyped.

tweety
05-02-2014, 05:53 PM
My question is, Is it coming out on the Wiiu?

FeelinKorny
05-02-2014, 05:59 PM

I need to find the link again but it didn't sound great for the Wii U.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-02-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-release-date-revealed

There you go.

TonkaToys
05-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Yeah, nice trailer... but it reminds me of the trailer for BO2.

Retro
05-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Yeah, nice trailer... but it reminds me of the trailer for BO2.

I know I'll get hate for this, but BO2 is one of the best CoD games (imo). CoD2 remains my favorite, but I'll put BO2 right up with CoD4 in a tie for number 2.

The multiplayer in BO2 was just flat out fun.

TonkaToys
05-07-2014, 11:17 AM
I only played BO2 for a short while, but enjoyed it; so I'm not saying that having the trailer reminding me of BO2 is a bad thing, but I don't see much innovation in the trailer apart from the plagiarising of Titan Fall's bouncy soldiers.

(I don't remember if I played COD2 - I probably did.)

Retro
05-07-2014, 11:35 AM
I only played BO2 for a short while, but enjoyed it; so I'm not saying that having the trailer reminding me of BO2 is a bad thing, but I don't see much innovation in the trailer apart from the plagiarising of Titan Fall's bouncy soldiers.

(I don't remember if I played COD2 - I probably did.)

The first trailers are always BS. Just story mode stuff that I don't really care about. I'll be much more interested once the MP info comes out. And from what I'm hearing about what the dev team wants to do, the more interest I have.

HardlyCapable13
05-07-2014, 12:02 PM
The first trailers are always BS. Just story mode stuff that I don't really care about. I'll be much more interested once the MP info comes out. And from what I'm hearing about what the dev team wants to do, the more interest I have.

But, will there be dogs?

Retro
05-07-2014, 12:12 PM
But, will there be dogs?

Screw the dogs! We need the fish and that crazy high tech innovative advanced fish AI.

...........ooops (Photo removed)

HardlyCapable13
05-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Screw the dogs! We need the fish and that crazy high tech innovative advanced fish AI.

...........ooops

Come on! That game was great!

Retro
05-07-2014, 12:27 PM
I know it was. Apparently it went over your head.

HardlyCapable13
05-07-2014, 12:30 PM
I know it was. Apparently it went over your head.

It did. Just revisited it. I got it.

Living with 2 females; their lack of perception is rubbing off on me... :behindsofa:

Retro
05-07-2014, 12:36 PM
It did. Just revisited it. I got it.

Living with 2 females; their lack of perception is rubbing off on me... :behindsofa:

:eek (2)::fear::bolt:

austin
05-08-2014, 07:17 AM

We're left in suspense with this question for the past few COD releases. Here's some good news from the rumour mill;

Searching through the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare site’s source code, we found an interesting image…this image shows a Wii U logo alongside the logo of all other platforms. As of right now, there’s no announcements about a Wii U version and the preorder page doesn’t have a Wii U box art.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/03/wii-u-logo-found-within-call-of-duty-advanced-warfares-website-source-code/#/

Retro
07-29-2014, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUysNWHffWg

Retro
07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
A brand new trailer for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (http://www.destructoid.com/do-you-love-setpieces-you-ll-probably-like-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-276475.phtml) has dropped today, detailing how the conflict leads the way for the Atlas PMC to come into power. It's your typical Call of Duty trailer, with tons of cool looking set pieces and explosions all shown off. The trailer ends with a quick but very interesting tease of what we can expect out of multiplayer as players are equipped with exoskeleton suits now.
Activision also announced all of the over bloated editions of the game you can get your hands on. First there's the Atlas Limited Edition for $79.99. This will include one bonus map which re-envisions Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's Pipeline map, plus a Bal-27 AE Assault Rifle, Atlas 45 AE Pistol, themed Atlas exoskeleton suit, helmet, and player card. There's also going to be five bonus supply drops, and a single-player exoskeleton upgrade token. Lastly this will include a steelbook, manual, and soundtrack.
The Atlas Pro Edition is the high-end bundle at $119.99, which includes everything I mentioned in the Limited Edition plus the season pass that includes four DLC map packs. Alternatively there's the Digital Pro Edition for $99.99 which is the same exact content minus any of the physical goods from the Atlas Pro Edition.

Destructoid (http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-multiplayer-teased-collector-s-edition-detailed-278799.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Major Stains
07-29-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm not going to buy another CoD title...what's that you say? Spidertanks? Ooh, I love Spiders and tanks.
As I was saying CoD just churns out the same old...did I see jet packs? Spidertanks and jet packs would be fun.
I am definitely not buying into this crap again...is that Kevin Spacey? He shits gold, this game must be good.

Added to my preorder list!

RC-1136
07-30-2014, 07:58 AM
Did you see that quick MP clip. COD is going all Halo on us.

Retro
08-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Video was deleted.

DayliteMag
11-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Hey All, I've been enjoying gaming with you. I'm sorry I don't have a mic. I just never get around to buying the stupid adapter for my turtle beaches. It just seems like a lot of money ($30+ tax) for a small piece of plastic. Its frustrating hearing everyone and not being able to chime in. Anyone, I'm with you. I can hear you and I'm sorry I suck so bad at this game. LOL

Retro
11-09-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm sorry I suck so bad at this game. LOL

Your level of "suck" simply puts you on par with the rest of us. We all suck.

HardlyCapable13
11-09-2014, 07:07 PM
...and I think I'm the suckiest.

Anyway, I think my excitement of the first few days has worn off. Just not having fun online anymore.

Retro
11-09-2014, 07:14 PM

Anyway, I think my excitement of the first few days has worn off. Just not having fun online anymore.

I'm still enjoying it. It's been hard to get online and play this weekend, but I still see this as my "go to" shooter for the foreseeable future.

FeelinKorny
11-09-2014, 07:20 PM

I really really really really want to love this. Just like Evil Within. So much potential to be amazing. But a week later poof its just not clicking.

Snowblind
11-09-2014, 07:46 PM
I really really really really want to love this. Just like Evil Within. So much potential to be amazing. But a week later poof its just not clicking.

It's got a steep learning curve and the connections can be pretty poor at times. Sledgehammer is working on a patch to help with networking and such, but I hear ya Korny this one is going to take a while to grow on me.

Retro
11-09-2014, 08:06 PM
The connections can be hit and miss, but I'll give the first couple weeks. Even now it's better than BF4 was for the first couple months. Still pisses me off that they are not using the dedicated servers from MS, especially after seeing how smooth Titanfall was right out of the gate.

FeelinKorny
11-09-2014, 08:15 PM
The connections can be hit and miss, but I'll give the first couple weeks. Even now it's better than BF4 was for the first couple months. Still pisses me off that they are not using the dedicated servers from MS, especially after seeing how smooth Titanfall was right out of the gate.

If im not mistaken are the Azura servers or whatever MS offers, FREE to use. Why would they not use FREE dedicated servers provided my MS? Of course my wife is madly in love with this game so I cant actually use it as trade in fodder for Halo. So hopefully me being forced to stick with it will help it grow on me. lol

SmokeyCheese1
11-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Thats a fine question - because simply put, connections are terrible. 50/50 right if Im either rubber banding everywhere or playing a good clean game.

TheFreak75
11-13-2014, 01:13 PM
see i can use the forums D!!!!

Retro
11-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Thats a fine question - because simply put, connections are terrible. 50/50 right if Im either rubber banding everywhere or playing a good clean game.
I've only had rubbing banding in 3 maybe 4 matches. I've seen some lag but overall, it's not too bad. It's not as smooth as Titanfall was at launch, but then also nowhere near as bad as BF4 for it's first month or two.

SheepDog320
11-13-2014, 08:06 PM
I like the game but it does take some getting used too compared to previous cod's. I hope they fix the spawn points. Sure wish some more ps4 players would have the game, think there busy with destiny. I can't wait till zombies mode gets here. But easy to please since I've been playing on Wii u with little to no support or updates.

Retro
11-13-2014, 08:12 PM
I like the game but it does take some getting used too compared to previous cod's. I hope they fix the spawn points. Sure wish some more ps4 players would have the game, think there busy with destiny. I can't wait till zombies mode gets here. But easy to please since I've been playing on Wii u with little to no support or updates.

Did you get the Titan One?