PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield: Hardline

Retro
05-27-2014, 01:13 PM
The next Battlefield title will be Battlefield Hardline (http://www.ign.com/games/battlefield-evolved-134052/tba-129941), according to a new Battlelog update. According to the supporting artwork and logo (http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/bb/bfh/loggedout/bfh_logo-0cad73c0.png) seen on the site, the police-themed BFH will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC and will once again support Battlefield Premium.

If today's information blast is correct, this will be the first Battlefield game not handled by creator DICE. Instead, dev duties have reportedly been passed to Dead Space dev Visceral Games. The project is internally being referred to as "Havana".
Other information that appears to have been posted ahead of schedule includes four classes (Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator and Professional), a multiplayer map (called Downtown), and modes called Blood Money, Bomb Squad and Carrier Assault. Unsurprisingly, a beta is also mentioned. Battlefield Daily (https://twitter.com/BFDaily/statuses/471277762905657345) also managed to get hold of some in-game awards:
It's looking likely we'll be seeing a full reveal at EA's E3 press conference in less than a fortnight. As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/battlefield-hardline-leaks-thanks-to-battlelog-update

donhardeone
05-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Has my curiosity peaked, but taking a cautious approach with this one. I'm looking forward to seeing the E3 presentation though.

HardlyCapable13
05-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Has my curiosity peaked, but taking a cautious approach with this one. I'm looking forward to seeing the E3 presentation though.

I'm already way more interested than I would be if it were DICE working on it...

FeelinKorny
05-28-2014, 03:31 PM
To be honest this could turn out to be something really cool. Ill have to keep my eyes on it.

FeelinKorny
05-28-2014, 04:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1I_Supvc8

This game seriously has me hyped. My one main hope for the game is a hardcore mode. In that once you die your dead for the entire match. It will make heist's the whole cops vs robbers theme so much more intense.

johnnyh1976
05-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm already way more interested than I would be if it were DICE working on it...

I was hyped for MOH Warfighter with Danger Close making it as the campain in MOH 2010 was amazing but Warfighter turned into a dud.....but I will say cops and robbers Battlefield style has me interested as well.

HardlyCapable13
05-28-2014, 09:19 PM
I was hyped for MOH Warfighter with Danger Close making it as the campain in MOH 2010 was amazing but Warfighter turned into a dud.....but I will say cops and robbers Battlefield style has me interested as well.

I hear ya.

I am looking forward to this. Nice change of pace in a niche that's mostly untouched.

mechatool
06-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Here is a video of Xfactor talking about hardline. He gives a little insight about how the game feels. It's making me excited for the game now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpQux8tW-rg&list=UUXN76fKLJUFeMK12fAN5Gug

roadrnr
06-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I dig what that guy says in the vid that he really loved bc2 and from the sound of it, loved hardline too....my hopes are starting to get up!

Toxic Avenger72
06-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Interested and pre-ordered. Going to keep my eyes on it for now.

I thought I heard that some BC2 maps were going to be in the game. Not sure if its true or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KCV0N6HQ8w

Spike Forehand
06-09-2014, 03:10 PM
EA said at E3 that Hardline beta goes live today on PS4 and PC. On PS4, you supposedly download from BF4 icon on menu bar. Limited opportunity. I'm traveling, so not sure if I'll make it in time.

donhardeone
06-09-2014, 03:13 PM
I enjoyed the E3 presentation for this game...undoubtedly will be a pre-order for me.

Major Stains
06-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Ok Battlefield, you took 100 of my kids inheritance and gave me a broken game.
That's what I first thought, but now I realise you took my 100 and put it towards what could potentially be an amazing game.

The game modes look so much fun.

Heist - remember the game 'Driver'? Well I used to love it.
But imagine you are in that game with a hundred more levels of game interaction...
If your the bad guy, find the safe/ set the charge/ defend it against the cops.
They are throwing everything at you. Blow the safe, grab the loot and get the hell out of there. Find the drop off point and evade capture/ death.

I mean, if this is the beta and the main game runs as well then this is preordered when I get off this.

More game modes to try, this looks like a world of fun!

FeelinKorny
06-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Ok Battlefield, you took 100 of my kids inheritance and gave me a broken game.
That's what I first thought, but now I realise you took my 100 and put it towards what could potentially be an amazing game.

The game modes look so much fun.

Heist - remember the game 'Driver'? Well I used to love it.
But imagine you are in that game with a hundred more levels of game interaction...
If your the bad guy, find the safe/ set the charge/ defend it against the cops.
They are throwing everything at you. Blow the safe, grab the loot and get the hell out of there. Find the drop off point and evade capture/ death.

I mean, if this is the beta and the main game runs as well then this is preordered when I get off this.

More game modes to try, this looks like a world of fun!

Gameplay videos please!

Major Stains
06-09-2014, 06:39 PM
I was De Niro in 'Heat', running through the streets with a bag full of cash, taking out cops left, right and centre. Well, more like the bit where he just gets shot and dies, again and again and again and...

This ran smoother than BF4 with far less glitches. How messed up is that?

And no to the gameplay video, that would involve me learning to use the share button, then learning how to use the editing app, then dragging it onto YT.
I might be far easier to google a YT video made by someone who can be bothered to do all the above :becky:

HardlyCapable13
06-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Okay, let me start by saying I am completely atrocious playing a FPS game with the PS controller. I just can't seem to get a feel for the thumbsticks. Hopefully with some practice I'll get better.

The beta has 2 game modes (Heist and Blood Money) on one map (downtown LA). Please note, my write up of these modes may not be 100% correct. It's just what I gathered from playing each a couple times.

Lets start with Heist. Following up on what the Major pointed out above, when playing robbers you start the game and the idea is your team has knocked a couple bank trucks on their side (with RPG's I presume). This happens automatically. You then rush to the sites to set a charge on the back of the truck (MCOM style). Once that explodes, you have to loot the truck and haul the cash to a designated drop off point which you must defend. The cops job, obviously, is to stop all this from happening by disarming the original charge, stop the loot carrier from reaching the drop off, etc. I believe the cops win by ticket count, robbers win by getting both loot drops delivered.

Blood Money: Each group starts on opposite sides of the map. In the middle there is a big pile of cash. The robbers job is to get there, steal as much as possible (same way as arming an MCOM), and drop it off at their "home base". Cops job is the same, but instead of "stealing" it they are "collecting the evidence" (the cash). When you get to the loot pile, you can take a little or a lot. Obviously, taking more requires you to stay longer which makes you more vulnerable to getting killed. You can also go to the opposite teams drop off location and steal their goods. Can't remember how the game ended, but I think it's first to X amount of $$$.

Graphics/animation/sound are pretty rough, but it's a beta. One thing I noticed is the speed of movement was pretty damn slow. Servers for beta are 32 players. There is a good selection of vehicles to choose from, but I found myself constantly trying to jump in a "pedestrian" vehicle, which isn't accessible, only to get shot in the back.

I agree with Stains and will not be posting a vid. If it was on X1 you'd have one, as it would only take 30 seconds to record it and get it to YouTube, but I don't even know where to begin with the PS4.

This game has the potential to be something special, and I hope it achieves that level (please do NOT release this broken like BF3 & 4). I love the idea and change of pace. It's a pretty brave move to stray away from your standard warfare BF, even if it's "mostly" the same with different skins, but I like it.

Major Stains
06-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Yep, I was wrong. Just one map.

donhardeone
06-12-2014, 08:07 AM
I have to say, the two weapons I am most excited about so far with this game are the stun gun and the bat. Does that make me sadistic? heh

Major Stains
06-12-2014, 02:18 PM
I agree with others that this gets boring pretty quick with one map/ two modes.

But I have to say, if they get this right it could be classic.
Bearing in mind this is my first FPS Beta I can't compare, but I'm holding hope.
Stand out moments have been standing in the tower looking across the city to a bustling freeway whilst taking out cops.
Running down people in cold blood in a muscle car is worryingly addictive, and with a solid team and fun modes like Heist this could be a blast.
I loved that the other team were sitting on the package and my team couldn't snipe/ shoot/ zip line to them.
So I happen across a heli, drop a few team mates onto the unguarded roof, they swoop in for the kill and the win.
And, who doesn't like to rough someone up with a night stick?
The full game could be a hit, if it isn't broken. We shall see.

FeelinKorny
06-12-2014, 03:04 PM
I agree with others that this gets boring pretty quick with one map/ two modes.

But I have to say, if they get this right it could be classic.
Bearing in mind this is my first FPS Beta I can't compare, but I'm holding hope.
Stand out moments have been standing in the tower looking across the city to a bustling freeway whilst taking out cops.
Running down people in cold blood in a muscle car is worryingly addictive, and with a solid team and fun modes like Heist this could be a blast.
I loved that the other team were sitting on the package and my team couldn't snipe/ shoot/ zip line to them.
So I happen across a heli, drop a few team mates onto the unguarded roof, they swoop in for the kill and the win.
And, who doesn't like to rough someone up with a night stick?
The full game could be a hit, if it isn't broken. We shall see.

Its not Dice so odds are we are good as far as it not being broken on release.

Spike Forehand
06-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Got my beta code and played a bunch of matches last night. Feels a lot like Battlefield 4.5 to me, although I like the money grab game mode - best new game mode in a while imo as you can choose different paths:

Standard mule - go to the center spot, pick up cash return to the vault and deposit. Rinse and repeat.

Raider - go to the other team's vault and try to steal money from it or just camp it and kill their mules.

Defender - defend your own vault against thieving bastard raiders.

I can see a good communicating squad of MP's dominating this mode.

I also like that vehicles are not OP (or maybe no one has figured out how to use them too much yet).

Haven't tried the stun gun yet, but I saw someone get stunned and it was very funny.

FeelinKorny
06-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Got my beta code and played a bunch of matches last night. Feels a lot like Battlefield 4.5 to me, although I like the money grab game mode - best new game mode in a while imo as you can choose different paths:

Standard mule - go to the center spot, pick up cash return to the vault and deposit. Rinse and repeat.

Raider - go to the other team's vault and try to steal money from it or just camp it and kill their mules.

Defender - defend your own vault against thieving bastard raiders.

I can see a good communicating squad of MP's dominating this mode.

I also like that vehicles are not OP (or maybe no one has figured out how to use them too much yet).

Haven't tried the stun gun yet, but I saw someone get stunned and it was very funny.

From what Ive seen and heard I don think anybody should expect a "new" battlefield. I think Battlefield 5 will be more in line to present major changes. I think the current formula for the BF games online is darn good. Just keep pumping out fresh and original maps and some fun game modes and dare I say a non broken game and I don't see much change being needed to keep BF fun.

I see this being more like a stand alone DLC for the Battlefield series. More of the same but with an original (for the series) concept and a way to introduce new game modes and some gameplay mechanics. A good way to test some things to see if they could/would use them in the next main BF game. Looks like it could be a blast to play but not something to revolutionize the FPS genre or the BF series.

mechatool
06-16-2014, 11:02 AM
From what Ive seen and heard I don think anybody should expect a "new" battlefield. I think Battlefield 5 will be more in line to present major changes. I think the current formula for the BF games online is darn good. Just keep pumping out fresh and original maps and some fun game modes and dare I say a non broken game and I don't see much change being needed to keep BF fun.

I see this being more like a stand alone DLC for the Battlefield series. More of the same but with an original (for the series) concept and a way to introduce new game modes and some gameplay mechanics. A good way to test some things to see if they could/would use them in the next main BF game. Looks like it could be a blast to play but not something to revolutionize the FPS genre or the BF series.

I think this is spot on.

Tricky_Oconnor
06-19-2014, 10:26 AM
hello all, i just want to say i cant belive battlefield is releasing a new game. when i feel that bf4 is still so wrong i will not buy this game i really enjoy bf4 when it is running good. i dont know what it is about bf4 but so many maps frezze and glitch i am stuck playing the same maps over and over. i m done thanks

Spike Forehand
06-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Played some more last night and really enjoyed the Blood Money mode. Finally a PTFO mode that people actually PTFO on. I like these where the action is focused around only a couple of points on the map and you get some concentrated action. They also seem to have given a ton of different ways to get to an objective, so there's no pinch points, but not a ridiculous distance between points (one of my beefs with BF4).

Also like the different load out options and the self-revive one is sweet! Nothing like coming back from the dead and then tazing a guy. The first time I saw someone else self-revive I was like WTF!?!?!?

Oh - and the G36 is awesome. Fits me like a glove.

Major Stains
06-25-2014, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJv1-wjdjr0&sns=em

Retro
07-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Hardline beta numbers infographic

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/07/BFHL_Beta_Stats_800px-720x1997.jpg

Retro
07-16-2014, 09:32 AM
This edition of the Community’s Most Wanted List continues to outline more of the fixes and improvements we are making to multiplayer in Battlefield Hardline. Here are 10 more things we’ve learned from the beta that we’re putting into the game. We want to reinforce how important your feedback has been – we have a lot of other awesome changes underway and will be sharing more soon!

1. REDUCING FREQUENCY OF EXPLOSIVES
We have heard your complaints about breaking the cops and robbers experience with the amount of heavy explosive weaponry available – but we didn’t want to sacrifice fun! We’ve made changes to reduce the frequency of explosive use to focus on the core gameplay, and we’ve made the use of explosives much more believable now.

2. REBALANCING AND RENAMING THE MECHANIC CLASS
We’ve made the class better in more situations – without sacrificing his ability to take down a vehicle. We’re also looking at renaming it – post your favourite suggestions in the comments!

3. REVISITING THE IN-GAME HUD
We’re working on establishing a clearer visual difference from BF4 and improving the messaging of the in-game HUD, from objectives to player status information.

4. REVISITING THE CUSTOMIZE SCREEN
We’ve taken a new pass at how the customize screen is laid out, and are making it clearer and easier to manage your gear and weapon attachments. This should address the majority of issues reported.

5. MAKING THE WORLD DEEPER AND MORE INTERACTIVE
We’ve been working on adding more touches to the game world, giving players more options and things to do that impact play. Look for interactive objects like doors, radios, ammo lockers, and more!

6. MAKING ROUNDS LAST LONGER
A significant amount of feedback during the Beta was received regarding the quick progression of rounds. We’ve made tweaks to both Heist and Blood Money that should help make the experiences last longer without sacrificing any of the fun.

7. INCREASING TRANSPORT VEHICLE HEALTH
There were a lot of comments about cars dying too easily from gunfire. We agree that one magazine from the AKM should probably not turn your sedan into a 4-person death trap quite so easily. We’ve also increased the survivability of the utility van.

8. IMPROVING AUDIO SITUATIONAL AWARENESS
In some of our game modes, situational awareness is very important. We’re working on improving the audio cues in the environment to help you detect and locate your enemies before they do the same to you.

9. MEDKITS AND AMMO BOXES SHOULD NO LONGER BLOCK L.O.S. CHECKS FOR REVIVE
Previously, you could fail to revive someone if a medkit or ammo bag was blocking the line of sight check for the revive mechanic. We are fixing this so that these no longer block you from reviving.

10. IMPROVING INTERROGATION
We’ve worked out some changes to the T62 CEW and the Interrogation mechanic. We’re working on making Interrogation only show enemies in a radius around the captured enemy, but show the marked enemies as if they had been Active Spotted by a teammate – making it both more useful and less powerful at the same time.

Come back to the site to check in and see the latest CMW lists – and to voice your opinion, we read the comments. We are doing our best to create an awesome MP experience, and in coming days we are revealing a ton of new multiplayer details including information on maps, modes, guns, gadgets and our single player campaign.

We want to hear your feedback!

Thanks,
Thad Sasser
Lead Multiplayer Designer, Battlefield Hardline
Twitter: @dirtydeathdog

Source (http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/07/bfh-community-most-wanted-list-2/)

RC-1136
07-16-2014, 11:54 AM
My feed back is that I am 100% not getting this game.

Retro
07-16-2014, 11:57 AM
My feed back is that I am 100% not getting this game.
I'm only at 60% not getting it. I'm leaning far more towards the new CoD. By the time the fall is here I think I'll have a BF hangover and need to switch to a run 'n gun shooter like CoD.

BF3 killed BF for me for awhile and I switched to BlOps 2 which was a blast. I think that break allowed me to enjoy BF4 more.

Madlob75
07-16-2014, 12:26 PM
I will be skipping this one as well. BF4 still has the most draw for me right now, and I don't see Hardline being all that different.

Spike Forehand
07-16-2014, 02:31 PM
You guys are crazy. I really liked the Blood Money game mode - especially after I unlocked the G36. I'm 100% getting it.

SouthtownSlayer
07-16-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm getting it but not on day one, I had beta access and only played like 2 times during that period.

Badgerute
07-16-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm getting it but not on day one, I had beta access and only played like 2 times during that period.

I'm on the fence, but really have no excitement for it. Didn't bother to get the beta. I'm excited to get Fifa 15 though.

RC-1136
07-16-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm on the fence, but really have no excitement for it. Didn't bother to get the beta. I'm excited to get Fifa 15 though.

With Destiny and Far Cry coming out I just don't feel like spending another $60 on a game that I will not play for that long. I don't like the cop and robbers theme. If I want to play BF I'll play BF4.

Badgerute
07-16-2014, 03:48 PM
With Destiny and Far Cry coming out I just don't feel like spending another $60 on a game that I will not play for that long. I don't like the cop and robbers theme. If I want to play BF I'll play BF4.

Yeah, I see it as 60 bucks for an add on pack.

Major Stains
07-16-2014, 04:41 PM
I did enjoy Hardline, and the modes it offered within a new landscape.
But with my gaming time already feeling the pinch, I doubt I will splash out full price on what does feel like it could be DLC.
BF4 and Ghosts will carry me over for a while in FPS games and I'm looking forward to putting time into a realistic racing game (MK8 is amazing too), FIFA 15, a golf title and either Destiny/ The Order or similar.

I did enjoy the beta though.

Borlaxx
07-22-2014, 03:39 PM
This game has been delayed until 2015.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/22/battlefield-hardline-dragon-age-inquisition-delayed?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

mechatool
07-22-2014, 03:40 PM
BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE, DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION DELAYED. Looks like Hardline is getting pushed back to an early 2015 release date.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/22/battlefield-hardline-dragon-age-inquisition-delayed?abthid=53cecb3d3ad1438c71000025

http://mp1st.com/2014/07/22/battlefield-hardline-delayed-next-year-will-launch-early-2015/

Retro
07-22-2014, 03:47 PM
BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE, DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION DELAYED. Looks like Hardline is getting pushed back to an early 2015 release date.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/22/battlefield-hardline-dragon-age-inquisition-delayed?abthid=53cecb3d3ad1438c71000025

http://mp1st.com/2014/07/22/battlefield-hardline-delayed-next-year-will-launch-early-2015/

Good!!! I was going to skip Hardline, especially with the glut of games coming out in the fall. Might be on the list again with an early 2015 release.

Major Stains
07-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Good!!! I was going to skip Hardline, especially with the glut of games coming out in the fall. Might be on the list again with an early 2015 release.

Unless it clashes with 'The Division' release window!!! :biggrin:

Retro
07-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Unless it clashes with 'The Division' release window!!! :biggrin:
This is true...

RC-1136
07-23-2014, 09:08 AM

This doesn't bother me one bit.

I think if I want a cops and robbers game I rather play Rainbow Six Siege. It looks a lot better.

http://youtu.be/6wlvYh0h63k

sam007
07-23-2014, 09:50 AM
They pushing release date back cause they don't want to repeat BF4? :lol:

HardlyCapable13
07-23-2014, 09:55 AM
They pushing release date back cause they don't want to repeat BF4? :lol:

Probably just figured they should make BF4 function 100% properly before releasing a new one. At this rate that will be sometime in 2017.

Retro
07-23-2014, 06:20 PM
The final BF4 DLC has been pushed back because of the Hardline delay.

Following EA’s recently announced decision to delay Battlefield Hardline’s launch to 2015 (http://mp1st.com/2014/07/22/battlefield-hardline-delayed-next-year-will-launch-early-2015/#.U87XpYBdVxc), we also learned a little more about how it might effect some of the upcoming Battlefield 4 launches like DICE LA’s Final Stand DLC.
Dragon’s Teeth, which was recently released to Battlefield 4 Premium members last Tuesday, July 15, is still on course to hit non-Premium members next Tuesday, July 29. Final Stand, on the other hand, will be seeing a bit of a revised launch time frame due to the now open launch window this Fall.
According to EA CEO Andrew Wilson’s remarks during the company’s Q1 2015 financial earnings call, Battlefield 4′s Final Stand DLC has been moved back to launch during Q3 of EA’s fiscal year. That translates to a release anytime between October and December of 2014. It was originally planned to launch some time this Summer.
Not much is known about Final Stand, other than what we’ve seen in the most recent Battlefield 4 Premium teaser trailer (http://mp1st.com/2014/05/15/new-battlefield-4-premium-video-shows-dragons-teeth-final-stand-gameplay/) and that it is in development at DICE LA.

The good news? DICE LA is making that DLC. They did an awesome job with Second Assault.

sam007
07-24-2014, 12:53 PM
EA could finally be listening to the gamers, their source of revenue. :lol:

RC-1136
07-24-2014, 01:18 PM
EA could finally be listening to the gamers, their source of revenue. :lol:

That can't be it Beans.

Retro
08-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Many of you have even said it right here in the comment sections of MP1st: “Hardline isn’t a true Battlefield game.”
Whatever your verdict on the studio’s cops vs. criminals spin-off shooter is, Visceral Games general manager Steve Papoutsis is cool with it, as long as you’ve made up your mind after having played it.

“There are a lot of people questioning whether or not Hardline is a true Battlefield game,” Papoutsis admitted in a video interview with Battlefield YouTube commentators SgtRedPhoenix, Chaboyy, Azzy, and TheTwoScotsmen.
“I could say, ‘Of course it is!’ But, you know what? It doesn’t matter what I say. I think, ultimately, what matters is that people play it,” he continued. “So, days like today [at Gamescom 2014], where we can have gamers actually play it and make up their own mind, that’s what’s most important — to let players decide for themselves.
“When we started working on this game, we had a high degree of respect and reverence for Battlefield. Having played it since the very first Battlefield game, I know how fun it is and I know how much it means to the community, and the last thing I’d ever want to do is be involved in a game that pretended to be Battlefield. So, we’re working really hard to maintain that competitive balance, that great rock-paper-scissors gameplay, that teamwork, that strategy — we’re trying to make sure all that stuff’s in Hardline.”
Battlefield Hardline, officially announced back at E3 2014, certainly takes the series into unexplored territory, moving it away from the tried-and-true military setting its audience has grown accustomed to. It appears that Visceral knew not everyone would welcome the new direction with open arms, and so the studio launched a multiplayer beta the moment the game was unveiled in hopes that some hands-on time with the new concept would do most of the selling.
“We took our first step at E3 when we announced the game, and we didn’t just announce the game and then have everybody go, ‘Ah, pshhh. Bullox! This is crap! Nah, that’s not Battlefield,’ Papoutsis explained. “No. What we did was we announced the game and then we immediately put a beta up live.”
“The reason why did that was so that people could actually play it and make their own decision about it. So, not only was that good for letting people get a chance to play it, but it was good for us ’cause we got to get feedback from people like you guys about maybe what was good, maybe what was bad, maybe what sucked, and we could actually take the time to improve the game through that feedback.”

Feedback thus far has given the studio a lot to work with, which ultimately led to the decision to delay the shooter to early next year. A number of tweaks and improvements have already been made since the first beta came to a close, including changes that would better serve the cops and criminals fantasy.
“So, I’ll throw it back to everybody,” Papoutsis said. “If you don’t think the game is a Battlefield game and you’ve played it, that’s cool. That’s your decision. But, from my perspective, send us some feedback that maybe we can use to make it meet your expectations more because we want to make a great game. But, at the end of the day, we’re excited and passionate about making a Battlefield game and working with [community members] to really listen to the community and try to make sure it lives up to the standards that the fans have of the series.”
Battlefield Hardline will return with a second multiplayer beta on PC, PS4, and Xbox One this January, reportedly, before officially launching some time in February, 2015.

MP1st (http://mp1st.com/2014/08/25/thats-cool-dont-think-hardline-true-battlefield-game-says-visceral-gm/#.U_zasGOTKYQ)

Spike Forehand
09-29-2014, 05:41 PM
What youre basically asking is, Is your game going to work? and the answer is yes, its gonna work, he said, adding that Hardline has been in development for quite some time and things are going well.

We actually started on this more than a year before Battlefield 4 came out. Weve been working with the DICE guys for a long time; some of our engineering work is actually in Battlefield 4 and things theyve been doing since then. Its in pretty great shape now and all that work is gonna come into what were doing.

We already had one very successful beta, were going to have another beta on every platform we ship on. We take shipping a working game pretty seriously. So, yes, the game will work.

How sad is it when they have to assure buyers that the game "will work" at launch.

http://mp1st.com/2014/09/28/visceral-games-creative-director-says-battlefield-hardline-will-work-launch/#.VCnfnPldWa9

That being said, I'm still 90% likely to buy this as I really liked the beta. Hope at least a few MP's join me.

Retro
09-29-2014, 06:20 PM
We want it. You want it. We all want Battlefield: Bad Company 3. If not, then at least a Battlefield game that captures that distinct Bad Company spirit we’ve all fallen so deeply in love with.

Visceral’s upcoming cops and criminals-themed Battlefield spin-off isn’t quite Bad Company 3. But, as it turns out, it appears that the multiplayer design team behind Hardline has taken note of our excitement for the fan-favorite series and is looking into a few ways to bring that magic into their Battlefield game.
Through fan interaction on Twitter, we learned that the studio is now experimenting with a Bad Company-style class set up where the rifle-carrying Assault class supplies ammunition and the LMG-wielding Support class hands out med-packs. This is similar to the way classes were set up in the Bad Company series, which was later altered back when Battlefield 3 came along in 2011.
According to Visceral lead multiplayer designer Thad Sasser, classes in Hardline’s Tokyo Game Show build are, in fact, set up the way they were in Bad Company.
If you were a big fan of that set-up, don’t get too pumped just yet, however. There’s still no telling if it will make it into the final game; “Were still experimenting with the best combos though,” Sasser added “So we’ll see what we discover!”
When we spoke to Sasser to gather material four our Hardline preview, we learned that he’s actually quite the fan of the Bad Company series and hopes to get “…back to that crisp-ness and that kind of snappy-ness of the core combat…” that he thinks “…was really so interesting and awesome about Bad Company 2 at its heart.”

They're BC2 fans, therefore I like them!

FeelinKorny
09-29-2014, 06:33 PM
I loved BC2. I also find it silly the company has to assure us the game will be ready when launched. But given the last 2 battlefield games Im not expecting a flawless launch. As long as its not a BF4/GTA:Online ill be happy day 1.

Retro
12-15-2014, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAVi439U5tc#t=61

SheepDog320
12-15-2014, 05:40 PM
I see they are accepting pre orders, I believe its set to be available in March. My question is, anyone getting it?

HardlyCapable13
12-15-2014, 05:50 PM
I will be getting it on X1. I'm actually looking forward to a bit of a change of pace in the series.

Retro
12-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Very likely getting it. Hoping it can be that "different" BF game like Bad Company and BC2 were.

Spike Forehand
12-15-2014, 05:58 PM
I liked the Beta, but am on the fence as it will depend on if other MP's get it.

Destiny still has me fish-hooked, but by March who knows.

Ullrsdog
12-15-2014, 06:00 PM
I see they are accepting pre orders, I believe its set to be available in March. My question is, anyone getting it?

usually if I plan on getting a shooter I do it on day one...I am just a bit hesitant with this one. I'd love to get a chance to play the most updated Beta to see how it runs, but that is the same for Battlefront. So I am on the fence, depending on release date and what other titles are hitting the market at the same time, and if I get to play an updated beta then maybe. Otherwise, I'll have to wait and hear some reviews.

Retro
12-15-2014, 06:02 PM
I was pretty much on the "not getting it" side before, but after hearing that they have gone back to look at and take some cues from BC2, I've made the jump to the "very likely buying it" side.

REMEC87
12-16-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm getting it day one. I will play the next beta to be sure to confirm.

BF series has always been a go to game for most MPs so as long as there is a good turnout, I'll be there.

Ullrsdog
12-16-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm getting it day one. I will play the next beta to be sure to confirm.

BF series has always been a go to game for most MPs so as long as there is a good turnout, I'll be there.

well then beta will be the proving grounds...if it seems worthwhile (it better be more impressive then BF4 beta...I was seriously on the fence with that one) after the next beta I'll grab it day one most likely.

RC-1136
12-16-2014, 11:25 AM
well then beta will be the proving grounds...if it seems worthwhile (it better be more impressive then BF4 beta...I was seriously on the fence with that one) after the next beta I'll grab it day one most likely.

I think I'm leaning to the side of the fence of getting this. I need another good PVP shooter. It's either this or Homefront 2.

HardlyCapable13
01-14-2015, 05:00 PM
It's confirmed Hardline will have an open beta across all platforms, but the date is TBD. Looks like there will be conquest and a new mode (Hotwire) to play. No confirmed maps, but there will be no max level/unlock cap.

Source: http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta-info?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-first-beta-details-011415-tw-prev-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-first-beta-details-011415-tw-prev-site-ramp&cid=34081&ts=1421272954879

Ullrsdog
01-14-2015, 06:15 PM
there will be no max level/unlock cap.

I like the sounds of that...especially if it rolls over to the actual game release.

HardlyCapable13
01-14-2015, 06:17 PM
I like the sounds of that...especially if it rolls over to the actual game release.

I highly doubt that. It would be cool though!

Beano
01-15-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm going to play this. Maybe it will get a bunch of people back together. From what I hear they are putting in a giant eyeball and a giant spider on each map for the Destiny guys to go shoot at for a couple hours when they get bored. This is a pure stroke of genius. Destiny players from far and wide will flock to this game and I will get many kills whilst they shoot the eyeball for hours on end.:P

Madlob75
01-15-2015, 07:31 PM
I am on the fence with this one. If i get it, it will be purely to play with "the guys". I've been debating on this or Far Cry 4. I think it's safe to say we are ALL biding our time until Battlefront drops.

SouthtownSlayer
01-15-2015, 07:40 PM
I bit the bullet and pre-ordered it! Miss hitting the Battlefield with you assholes!! Have to agree with Lob, definitely looking forward to Battlefront!

mechatool
01-16-2015, 10:57 AM
I am on the fence with this one. If i get it, it will be purely to play with "the guys". I've been debating on this or Far Cry 4. I think it's safe to say we are ALL biding our time until Battlefront drops.

Yeah, I totally agree! I have FC4 and waiting for more people to pick it up before I play it. I only have a couple of hours put into the game.

Spike Forehand
01-16-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm in for the beta, not sure about the full game yet though - will wait to see how the beta plays.

I kind of do think EA needs to get a message about the BF4 issues being unacceptable and that we won't just auto-buy every BF game.

FeelinKorny
01-18-2015, 03:04 PM
I plan on buying day 1 for sure. Might be my most anticipated game coming in the next few months.

SouthtownSlayer
01-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I totally agree! I have FC4 and waiting for more people to pick it up before I play it. I only have a couple of hours put into the game.

Freaking Beano talking me into reserving it so i'm getting it! Really looking forward to joining you crazy bastards online again!!

RC-1136
01-19-2015, 01:22 PM
I bit the bullet and pre-ordered it! Miss hitting the Battlefield with you assholes!! Have to agree with Lob, definitely looking forward to Battlefront!

I'm still on the fence about this, but I do miss playing with you fools. I have serious doubts about Battlefront. It's a Dice game for starters. I hope it isn't based too much on the new movie. I'm not too sure about it yet.

HardlyCapable13
01-20-2015, 03:20 PM
New mode, Crossfire, detailed:

Crosshair is Battlefield Hardline’s most hardcore and competitive multiplayer mode. Traditional Conquest, of course, sees big battles with vehicles, exploding skyscrapers, and huge heists, but Crosshair focuses down, amps up the difficulty, and puts everyone at a high level of risk. Nobody respawns when they’re killed, and it makes either hunting or rescuing a VIP that much more challenging.

Two teams of five face off in standard shooter style. Cops and criminals load up with weapons and gadgets, spawn opposite each other on a map, and attempt to wipe out the other team as quickly as possible – Crosshair’s three-minute timer forces the teams’ hands in that way. Amid all this, a player-controlled VIP has to extract at one of two designated points.

Think of this as 5v5+1. Even without the presence of vehicles, his police escort means he should, technically, have the advantage -- he’s an extra gunman on the cops’ side, and his heavy-duty pistol can kill a criminal cold in just a couple shots. That said, criminals don’t need to wipe the cops – they just want to kill the snitch the police are protecting before he can get to the escape point and rat them out.

Stealth becomes a valuable tactic in Battlefield Hardline all of a sudden, and not just because you’re sniping from bushes. Playing as the VIP, I felt vulnerable at all times, but powerful enough to protect myself if a situation went sideways. I hid behind trucks to break sightlines, crouched beneath windows to avoid snipers, and rarely exposed myself on rooftops or ladders. You don’t have to put knife kills ahead of a fast-paced and loud push to the extraction point, though. Flashbangs, frags, and heavy duty guns from the police definitely do the deed. I combined these tactics a lot, too. If my cop friends started making a ruckus, I’d pull back, sneak around, and find a route where nobody was trading bullets. After all, if I’m caught out of position, my lone death earns my entire team a loss.

VIPs are valuable for cops in other ways, and in ways that de-emphasize sneaking. The VIP can lead police to heavy weapons stashes, allowing them to unload LMGs or explosives on criminals expecting the typical array of laser-sighted rifles. This puts the criminals team in the position of having to pursue their target aggressively. Hiding around a corner or mounting on a rooftop with a sniper rifle both serve as valuable tactics, but if you don’t find the VIP, you don’t win.

Why wouldn’t you throw a couple firebombs into doorways, or plant proximity explosives along suspected routes?

Crosshair moves fast, and it functions much different than Battlefield players are used to. Visceral sees it as a competitive mode for Battlefield Hardline; they’re hopeful it’ll catch on in the eSports scene, but hesitant to position it as “the eSports mode.” Regardless, it’s off to a fun start.

source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/20/battlefield-hardline-crossfire-mode-revealed-ign-first

FeelinKorny
01-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Not sure if its been shared or not but X1 EA access sub will get you access to the game before the release date.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-hardline-to-be-released-early-on-xbox-/1100-6424754/

HardlyCapable13
01-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Not sure if its been shared or not but X1 EA access sub will get you access to the game before the release date.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-hardline-to-be-released-early-on-xbox-/1100-6424754/

Yup. This is the case for every EA game.

Badgerute
01-20-2015, 07:01 PM
I used to be on the fence but I will be a day 1 purchaser. Looking forward to some new/same battlefield.

Major Stains
01-25-2015, 03:14 PM
(Text below taken from Polygon)

A gigantic underground marijuana growing operation will be among the multiplayer maps available in Battlefield Hardline, sure to be popular among shooter enthusiasts with 420 in their Gamertags and online IDs.

Electronic Arts divulged all the maps for the upcoming cops-and-robbers twist on its military franchise, as well as details on all of the multiplayer modes. Some of this stuff has been revealed in previews already, but this is an official full accounting of what the game has to offer.

The maps are: Downtown, Bank Job, The Block, Dust Bowl, Hollywood Heights, Derailed, Riptide, Everglades (yes, in Florida, despite the Los Angeles setting otherwise) and the pot-themed map is Growhouse. The link has more screenshots and all of the details.

Modes include Battlefield staples like Conquest, Team Deathmatch; two capture-the-flag variants called Heist and Blood Money; Rescue, in which the cops have to deal with a hostage situation; Crosshair, basically a VIP protection mission; and Hotwire, in which the crooks try to steal cars and the cops try to stop the stealing of said cars, usually with firearms.

Dust Bowl and Downtown will be featured in the next beta for Battlefield Hardline, whose dates still aren't announced. The game is less than two months from a March 17 launch. It was originally scheduled to release last fall, but EA held it back after community response to the original beta last summer.

Click here for EA forums with reference to maps (http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/features/maps)

SheepDog320
01-26-2015, 04:38 PM
The new beta is rumored to be live on Feb.3rd, we shall see.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/26/battlefield-hardline-beta-date-leaked-rumour/

Ullrsdog
01-29-2015, 05:54 PM
The new beta is rumored to be live on Feb.3rd, we shall see.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/26/battlefield-hardline-beta-date-leaked-rumour/

It's official....on BL today

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/battlefield-hardline-open-beta

HardlyCapable13
01-29-2015, 10:13 PM
To reiterate the above, open beta is February 3-8 on 360, X1, PS3, and PS4.

SheepDog320
02-02-2015, 08:13 PM
So who besides me is going to download the beta? Be nice to fill two squads full of MP.

HardlyCapable13
02-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Downloading mine right now on the X1. Servers are live.

SheepDog320
02-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Damn gonna have to check ps4, do you have the ea add on?

HardlyCapable13
02-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Damn gonna have to check ps4, do you have the ea add on?

Yeah, but it's not needed. Had to search for it as it wasn't "officially" up in the store.

SheepDog320
02-02-2015, 09:46 PM
I just searched ps4 couldn't find it, you downloaded for Xbox correct?

HardlyCapable13
02-02-2015, 09:47 PM
I just searched ps4 couldn't find it, you downloaded for Xbox correct?

Right.

HardlyCapable13
02-03-2015, 01:00 AM
5 saved load outs per class! Win!

SheepDog320
02-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Beta still not in PlayStation store but if you go to PlayStation live app, then stream a hard line video u can click go to PlayStation store on the bottom of page and download it from there.

HardlyCapable13
02-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Beta still not in PlayStation store but if you go to PlayStation live app, then stream a hard line video u can click go to PlayStation store on the bottom of page and download it from there.

Yup, that's what worked for me.

Major Stains
02-03-2015, 02:59 PM
See you out there Mahoney!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e341/Wizzard30/Humour/policeacademy.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Wizzard30/media/Humour/policeacademy.jpg.html)

Ullrsdog
02-03-2015, 03:12 PM
So who besides me is going to download the beta? Be nice to fill two squads full of MP.

I plan on it tonight.

mechatool
02-03-2015, 03:53 PM
I plan on it tonight.

Same here. Downloading when I get home.

REMEC87
02-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Same here. Downloading when I get home.

So when I started download it said the size was 2.77GB. That installed pretty quickly but when you go to play, it says the game is still loading. Click on information and you see it's actually 11.63 GB. More waiting I guess.

Spike Forehand
02-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Sitting in a hotel in Ohio, but was able to start the download from the PS App. Will be back Thursday to jump in.

If anyone gets in tonight, do a stream so I can watch a little.

Major Stains
02-03-2015, 06:07 PM
If anyone gets in tonight, do a stream so I can watch a little.

If you have exMP JK Rod on your friend list, he has been doing a live stream for the last hour. Always worth a watch for his honest critique.

Snowblind
02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Downloading on both consoles x1 and ps4. Looking for a break from destiny and hopefully can get in some games with more mp's.

Major Stains
02-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Played a few rounds of Heist, the map felt very familiar with central rooms/stairs/rooftops. But the game had a nice pace and the graphics felt different to the closed beta (might just be me).
Battlelog doesn't appear to be synced with the game yet and there were 5 friends online and I could only see the activity of JK in Ireland, there was no activity showing for Southside, Sheepdog and a few other MPs from across the pond.
Not sure if you guys were having difficulties or if it's a region thing?

I still feel that the only thing to persuade me to buy this would be the number of MPs playing it (but I guess that didn't work for Destiny for me!)

SheepDog320
02-03-2015, 09:15 PM
I had left my ps4 on to finish the install but it went into sleep mode 75% done

Ullrsdog
02-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Played a few rounds of Heist, the map felt very familiar with central rooms/stairs/rooftops. But the game had a nice pace and the graphics felt different to the closed beta (might just be me).
Battlelog doesn't appear to be synced with the game yet and there were 5 friends online and I could only see the activity of JK in Ireland, there was no activity showing for Southside, Sheepdog and a few other MPs from across the pond.
Not sure if you guys were having difficulties or if it's a region thing?

I still feel that the only thing to persuade me to buy this would be the number of MPs playing it (but I guess that didn't work for Destiny for me!)

same issue with not seeing friends in game for me last night. We were in a chat party so we were able to work it out, but it was a pain to get set-up with our group.
Feels like the BF3/4 beta where you seem to die way to quick, but the game seemed pretty smooth. Played CQ large and I had one experience where collision is off, I was behind a wall aiming over it and ended up shooting the wall.

the Basic AR is not the best handling, and considering it has a stubby grip I was hoping for better, range is awful for an AR and I really am not happy that you can only use certain weapons with certain factions. I know BF3 had similar with say the AK and M16A3 where you had to unlock them for use as RU or US, but with this I can't even equip the same pistol within different classes more or less use say the AK as police...I like my pistols too much for me to have different sidearms based on class and I like to use one carbine or one AR or one LMG regardless of which team I'm on.

I need more time to play this before I decide, I'll be on tonight but will be running to Denver Thursday so I won't be back online until Friday, and I'll likely play the shit out of it on Friday. hopefully that will help me decide one way or the other.

HardlyCapable13
02-04-2015, 09:00 AM
I do like how they finally included multiple load outs for each class, though they need to be unlocked.

Also like the idea of weapons and attachments not unlocking themselves. You earn money while playing and "buy" the unlocks, ensuring you only unlock items you actually want. Though battlepacks still give you certain free unlocks.

I'm liking it overall. Had some rubber banding issues last night. Love the Dust Bowl map.

Uglyduck213
02-04-2015, 09:14 AM
I'm off to work for the next 48 hours so I'll miss the fun but will be back at it on friday. I like their sneaky way of having you download 11gb only to start the game and download more. That put an end to my Hardline play real quick last night. See you guys in a couple of days.

Ullrsdog
02-04-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm off to work for the next 48 hours so I'll miss the fun but will be back at it on friday. I like their sneaky way of having you download 11gb only to start the game and download more. That put an end to my Hardline play real quick last night. See you guys in a couple of days.

well see you Friday then...I'll be off so I'll likely log on when I get home from Denver.

RC-1136
02-04-2015, 10:10 AM
I saw that this is going to be $69.99 at Gamestop. Is that price correct?

HardlyCapable13
02-04-2015, 10:26 AM

That's for the deluxe edition, standard is $59.99.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/battlefield-hardline-deluxe-edition/115447

Ullrsdog
02-04-2015, 11:10 AM

:ak: noob

HardlyCapable13
02-04-2015, 11:19 AM
:ak: noob

:lol:

...someone had to say it...

SheepDog320
02-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Wasn't overly impressed by the few matches I played, but sure it would be better if we had finished product. I kept getting kicked out of the chat due to connectivity never had that happen before it was very annoying

Madlob75
02-05-2015, 09:37 AM
So what's the verdict? I saw everyone play it two nights ago, and no one last night. (except Mr. Lonewolf.....Badger). BF4 2.0?

HardlyCapable13
02-05-2015, 09:54 AM
So what's the verdict? I saw everyone play it two nights ago, and no one last night. (except Mr. Lonewolf.....Badger). BF4 2.0?

I guess you could say it's BF4 2.0, but then you'd have to say BF4 is just BF3 1.5. I mean, it's an online FPS sequel. Not sure why these days everyone thinks each edition of a game needs to be completely new. In that case there would never be sequels; they'd just make a new IP.

They are implementing new game modes which have potential, and different ideas. If you like the series, chances are you'll like this one.

Badgerute
02-05-2015, 11:25 AM

Just downloaded it last night. Haven't played it yet. Will give it a go tonight most likely.

Madlob75
02-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I guess you could say it's BF4 2.0, but then you'd have to say BF4 is just BF3 1.5. I mean, it's an online FPS sequel. Not sure why these days everyone thinks each edition of a game needs to be completely new. In that case there would never be sequels; they'd just make a new IP.

They are implementing new game modes which have potential, and different ideas. If you like the series, chances are you'll like this one.

I realize that, overall, the game will be very similar to the BF series. There is a fine line between keeping enough of what people like about BF in the new game while making it stand out. I've seen some reviews from the YT talking heads, just wanted to see what more "like-minded" gamers thought. To see everyone back on BF4 last night didn't seem too promising to me.

HardlyCapable13
02-05-2015, 12:42 PM
I realize that, overall, the game will be very similar to the BF series. There is a fine line between keeping enough of what people like about BF in the new game while making it stand out. I've seen some reviews from the YT talking heads, just wanted to see what more "like-minded" gamers thought. To see everyone back on BF4 last night didn't seem too promising to me.

Understood. I've played a total of maybe 5 hours and would choose BF4 if people wanted to play Battlefield this evening, but that's just because it's a beta and has it's quirks. I've been rubber banding a lot in every match, and that makes it unplayable for me. Overall I do like what it brings to the table and will be picking it up day 1.

Gink
02-05-2015, 01:04 PM
I've spent a handful of hours lone-wolfing it on PS4. For a BF Beta it's been surprisingly free of technical issues. No problems joining, no rubber-banding, quick load times between matches. Of course, I've barely played BF4 on PS4, so this is really my first BF experience on current gen.

My stats are the worst they've been since I was an online mp noob in BC2. Not sure if I'm rusty, if it's the whole more players on next gen thing, or I just suck at this game.

Heist is like rush and I really like the need for tactics and co-operation, but, like rush, it can really suck to lone-wolf as enjoyment depends so much on squad and teammates at least halfway trying to ptfo and work together. Regardless of whether you are attacking or defending there's a dozen ways for op4 to end up behind you, at your flank, etc. And revives are very scarce. I also found it the hardest mode to gain xp/cash. A good round there yielded less progress than an average round of hotwire.

Hotwire is novel, but I can't imagine playing it all that often. It is easy xp/cash though. Just grab a grenade launcher and repair tool and keep spawning into the objective cars. Hang out the window and alternate between blowing things up and repairing. As long as the driver understands they need to drive around in circles really fast, you'll rack up the points. Dust bowl map isn't as much fun on this mode, and a competent chopper crew on one side can own the match.

Conquest is conquest. A is sniper hill, holding the Motel at B is key. I enjoy the CQ and room to room combat B and C offer. D sucks, the best part of moving on E is holding the Diner.

The wide variety of gadgets and unlocks seems like it could spice up the BF experience a bit, but I think it'll depend a lot on the maps/modes whether people decide they'd rather play this or keep playing BF4.

HardlyCapable13
02-05-2015, 01:18 PM
I've spent a handful of hours lone-wolfing it on PS4. For a BF Beta it's been surprisingly free of technical issues. No problems joining, no rubber-banding, quick load times between matches. Of course, I've barely played BF4 on PS4, so this is really my first BF experience on current gen.

My stats are the worst they've been since I was an online mp noob in BC2. Not sure if I'm rusty, if it's the whole more players on next gen thing, or I just suck at this game.

Heist is like rush and I really like the need for tactics and co-operation, but, like rush, it can really suck to lone-wolf as enjoyment depends so much on squad and teammates at least halfway trying to ptfo and work together. Regardless of whether you are attacking or defending there's a dozen ways for op4 to end up behind you, at your flank, etc. And revives are very scarce. I also found it the hardest mode to gain xp/cash. A good round there yielded less progress than an average round of hotwire.

Hotwire is novel, but I can't imagine playing it all that often. It is easy xp/cash though. Just grab a grenade launcher and repair tool and keep spawning into the objective cars. Hang out the window and alternate between blowing things up and repairing. As long as the driver understands they need to drive around in circles really fast, you'll rack up the points. Dust bowl map isn't as much fun on this mode, and a competent chopper crew on one side can own the match.

Conquest is conquest. A is sniper hill, holding the Motel at B is key. I enjoy the CQ and room to room combat B and C offer. D sucks, the best part of moving on E is holding the Diner.

The wide variety of gadgets and unlocks seems like it could spice up the BF experience a bit, but I think it'll depend a lot on the maps/modes whether people decide they'd rather play this or keep playing BF4.

How do you hang out the window as a passenger? I can't for the life of me figure it out...

Gink
02-05-2015, 01:55 PM
How do you hang out the window as a passenger? I can't for the life of me figure it out...

It's R3 on PS4... clicking down on the right analog stick. Not sure if it differs on Xbone

Major Stains
02-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the games last night Gink, and for the great review.
It seems pretty stable to me, considering Evolve and The Crew betas were both unplayable for me.
Still not convinced on a day one purchase for me.

Major Stains
02-05-2015, 07:38 PM
I got an hour or so of Heist in with Tonka, Gink, Spike and ViewtifulJoe.
Spent the first half of the night getting constantly picked of by damn snipers.
Then after failing to capitalise with the medic class, I tried the shotgun and found it is pretty brutal in close quarters.
I'm thinking this will be popular if they get the maps/ modes right.

Oh, and Dadafetts boy, destroyed us on those last few.

donhardeone
02-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Well, finally got some time to give the beta a try...still waiting to try it. Over an hour trying, I'm giving up. Try Quick Match and all three modes say unable to find server. Try Server browser and says failed to connect to game server. Tried bouncing my router, hard power cycle of XB1, checked my NATting, et cetera. Since this is the kind of crap that made me stop playing BF4, I'm not really feeling this will be a purchase for me. Maybe I will finally get to try it before it closes and change my mind, but so far just more frustration from a BF game due to server stupidity.

Major Stains
02-06-2015, 09:51 AM
^ @ Don, that was my exact experience of Evolve beta.
And if they can't get that right it hardly inspires confidence.

HardlyCapable13
02-06-2015, 10:00 AM
I'm going to play Devils advocate here and remind people that this is a beta, not a demo. The whole point is to iron these issues out. I'm not defending them in any way, just a public service announcement.

donhardeone
02-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Fair point HC. It is a "beta" after all. When you are on the fence about a game due to failures of past titles in the franchise (mainly server-side) and the beta has server issues for an entire evening though, doesn't go far to change your mind. Hopefully I get in some rounds tonight and change my mind, especially if we have a good number of MPs actually getting it.

Sckrapps
02-06-2015, 03:26 PM
... especially if we have a good number of MPs actually getting it.

To that end how many XB1 Mpeeps are looking at this? Most of the interest in Hardline seems to be generated by our brothers on the PS side of MP, and personally I'd play a buggier game if there are other MPs along for the ride, but would pass a slick game if no XB1 MPs are picking it up....

HardlyCapable13
02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
To that end how many XB1 Mpeeps are looking at this? Most of the interest in Hardline seems to be generated by our brothers on the PS side of MP, and personally I'd play a buggier game if there are other MPs along for the ride, but would pass a slick game if no XB1 MPs are picking it up....

Here's the poll I made. http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?10868-Battlefield-Hardline-purchase-poll/page2&highlight=hardline

This might be a PS4 buy for me. Not sounding like a lot of MP xBoners are getting it.

Retro
02-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Here's the poll I made. http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?10868-Battlefield-Hardline-purchase-poll/page2&highlight=hardline

This might be a PS4 buy for me. Not sounding like a lot of MP xBoners are getting it.
According to that poll,

XB1 Day One = 3
PS4 Day One = 3

XB1 On the fence or later = 7
PS4 On the fence or later = 7

HardlyCapable13
02-06-2015, 05:00 PM
According to that poll,

XB1 Day One = 3
PS4 Day One = 3

XB1 On the fence or later = 7
PS4 On the fence or later = 7

Yes, thank you for the clarification, since I obviously couldn't decipher it on my own. :boink:

What I mean is the comments made over the last few days lead me to believe I may be running solo a lot on xBone. Also according to the poll only 2 xBone MPeeps are day 1.

Retro
02-06-2015, 05:09 PM
I'm going to go ahead and pick it up day one.

HardlyCapable13
02-06-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm going to go ahead and pick it up day one.

For which console?

Retro
02-06-2015, 05:32 PM
For which console?
The one I use 99.9% of the time.

SheepDog320
02-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Well after putting in a few hours and unlocking some good guns I am enjoying it. Will probably be a day one purchase for me. I really enjoy how you can purchase any attachment you want instead of waiting on each to be unlocked via battle back. It doesn't take much time accumulate money either. I am also enjoying the new perk system. Like ullrsdog I was sketchy about having different gums for cops and for criminals, bit found out from been after getting 300 kills you can use the gun for either side.

donhardeone
02-06-2015, 11:58 PM
Got in few rounds tonight, most of which HC joined in with me for (thanks). I had a lot of fun playing it. My comms ere a little jacked up, as every time any of my teammates spoke in their mic it came across as VERY choppy and hard to understand. Aside from that, it felt solid. No rubberbanding, or any of the other usual BF crap. It felt like a Battlefield game, but it was different enough to make it a bit fresh. I ran with stuck weapons for all of my game, but now I have ~$18K to spend towards upgrades (looking at you Uzi). I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Only question now is do I spend my money on day one or wait until they get ast their inevitable month of server issues. heh.

TrojanTeacher
02-07-2015, 12:27 AM
Im probably going to pick it up the week of if not day of release

Spike Forehand
02-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Comment on the beta I'm gonna send to Visceral:

"Please make it so that when you steal the money (or protect it if you're the cops), that it's real money and you get to keep it."

Probably the only thing they could do to get the fuckin blueberries to PTFO.

I really liked the Heist mode after learning the maps and figuring out better wtf was going on. Very challenging for the criminals side. Can see teamwork/comms really helping. However, if they don't allow larger squads than 4 and they're gonna have auto switching like BF4 then I can see the same old frustrations of not being able to keep a larger team together.

Conquest was conquest. Blah for me as I suck so bad at it. Liked the theme of the dust bowl map - fighting in hotels and fast food joints as well as the cool Meth Lab compound.

The driving game was fun and kinda arcade-ish.

I like that they are being creative, so will probably get it if others do on PS4. Kinda resigned that nothing will match the BFBC2 experience for me. Might have had more to do with that being the first PvP FPS I played a lot of with Team MP than any magical qualities that game had, but it was still my favorite.

Just hope like hell that it doesn't end up being conquest all the time for MP's like BF4 was.

Sckrapps
02-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Thanks HC and Retro with that poll. Duh, don't know how I missed it, must be b/c I've been gone for so long. Well, I might go ahead and get it for XB1 in the hopes that having enough for a squad might bump a few other people over that fence!

Spike Forehand
02-08-2015, 03:39 AM
You're psycho if you don't think Hotwire is the shit.

http://youtu.be/wvO2awsOu0M

Major Stains
02-08-2015, 04:35 AM
You're psycho if you don't think Hotwire is the shit.

http://youtu.be/wvO2awsOu0M

Those were some fun games last night, I must admit.
You're multi kill filled the whole feed!
Good times.

Spike Forehand
02-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Those were some fun games last night, I must admit.
You're multi kill filled the whole feed!
Good times.

Except that usually my name was also listed as someone I killed - lol. The part of that video that still cracks me up the most is the guy who was parachuting in only to become a hood ornament at 2:12 - lol.

After playing a ton of hotwire and heist last night, this game has vaulted into the must-buy category for me.

So much fun.....

Beano
02-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Heist is ton of fun. Still not cq fun but very playable. Overall good game. This beta reminds me of the BC2 beta in that it runs and plays well. BC2 was the best BF game according to the community and that beta was very similar.

And Lob the reason we play bf4 some nights is just because the beta is just one map and after so many times it's just enough.

donhardeone
02-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Got in several rounds of heist and hotwire with Blackwater tonight and had a blast. I feel confident this will be a purchase (likely day 1) at this point.

Two things I have noticed:
1) Shotguns have insane range...especially the 870 (only OP gun IMO)
2) Given limited availability of rocket launchers, a chopper crew can completely dominate hotwire in what I think is a unfair advantage. I.E. Watched a guy go 42-3 one game, where he spent almost the entire game in the chopper.

Spike Forehand
02-09-2015, 10:39 AM
I thought the heli in HW was just a transport chopper? If there was an attack one I muta got lucky cause I never died by one.

One thing I did for a little was pilot the heli and just hover over the car spawns when they appear to give guys a good spawn point.

donhardeone
02-09-2015, 11:51 AM
I thought the heli in HW was just a transport chopper? If there was an attack one I muta got lucky cause I never died by one.

One thing I did for a little was pilot the heli and just hover over the car spawns when they appear to give guys a good spawn point.

It is a transport helicopter, but I think similar to the sedans and SUVs you can purchase things like strengthened chassis, LMG support, anti-air, et cetera. All I know is that on Dustbowl in hotwire, I wound up leaving the lobby after two straight games of that guy owning everybody. The second game he was 30-1 (though he was on our team). On that map in particular, there is no way to avoid the heli.

Badgerute
02-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Played last night for really the first time. Really liked it. Played heist and had no idea what was going on the first few games but had a great time. Finally figured it out and it felt like payday, only better. Conquest was fun too. What I like is that it seems they are trying to bring more skill back into the game. A lot of the guns have a lot of kick. I may end up liking this more than bf4.

donhardeone
02-09-2015, 01:43 PM
What I like is that it seems they are trying to bring more skill back into the game. A lot of the guns have a lot of kick. I may end up liking this more than bf4.

Sniping seemed to be more difficult in this game than BF3/4 to me. Though, I noticed that at least in the demo it was difficult to tell where you bullet hit (so hard to judge drop). I noticed considerable difference between all gun types (more-so than in BF3/4) mainly in regards to speed and control. Range typically had an impact, unless you were using a :censored: shotty.

Heist is the game mode that IMO forces the most teamwork. Hotwire could go either way, but the side that worked as a team typically won (using vehicles to transport mates to other open vehicles quickly). Conquest I felt the map size was more appropriate for 64 players, and despite having mixed bag when it came to teammates following squad commands, it was a lot of fun.

@Badgerute, I never realized you live in GA. What part of Atlanta man?

Ullrsdog
02-09-2015, 02:33 PM
@Badgerute, I never realized you live in GA. What part of Atlanta man?

he's right under the tracks...neither good side or bad but trolling right under the tracks!!!

Badgerute
02-09-2015, 04:15 PM
he's right under the tracks...neither good side or bad but trolling right under the tracks!!!

You aren't fat off dog. There's tracks not far off. Don, not sure how familiar you are with Atlanta but I live just a little west of buckhead. I get up to Athens about one a year. My wife is a uga grad. Did you go to uga?

donhardeone
02-09-2015, 04:45 PM
You aren't fat off dog. There's tracks not far off. Don, not sure how familiar you are with Atlanta but I live just a little west of buckhead. I get up to Athens about one a year. My wife is a uga grad. Did you go to uga?

Went to UGA for undergrad, and liked it so much I stayed here and work at UGA. I find myself in Buckhead area on occasion, but never anything consistent. Your yearly trip for football or an alumni event? Either, way I'm always game for grabbing a drink with an MP despite what lies Ullrsdog spreads about them. heh

Major Stains
02-09-2015, 05:53 PM
So in conclusion, Hardline is a game that I love to hate.
I have a sneaky feeling I will get it at some point purely because the sound of Spikes maniacal laughter at my complete incompetence makes me smile, a lot.
He knows that I am the true 'Worlds worst gamer' and has the video to prove it.

The things that turn me off (my inability to score well/ shoot straight, and the other frustrations that BF games give me) will be outweighed by the fun game modes and the potential to have a laugh with fellow MPs.
So it will probably be a week 2 purchase for me so the servers have levelled out a bit.
I don't mind being behind the curve in terms of levelling up, because that is where I belong anyway!
Just wonder if the game is good enough to drag the masses away from Destiny?

Spike Forehand
02-09-2015, 06:20 PM
I have a sneaky feeling I will get it at some point purely because the sound of Spikes maniacal laughter at my complete incompetence makes me smile, a lot.
He knows that I am the true 'Worlds worst gamer' and has the video to prove it.

Was certainly not laughing at your incompetence as I was at my own homicidal tendencies and how easy it was to find willing victims in Hotwire!!

I found that the best way to play that mode is with an un-healthy dose of reckless abandon, a noobtube, and a complete disregard for my own life. Then you'll score huge!!

Ullrsdog
02-09-2015, 06:21 PM

Still on the fence but........

My question is will the Destiny crew leave the far off worlds and their alien brethren? If we got a group of PTFO'ing MP's (say pick up at least a squad from Destiny and the regulars that are playing 4) to play heist we would have a blast and likely be able to control the server for many rounds. Not sure about the Car mode (didn't play it) but I'd assume that a similar result would follow. I still have mixed feelings about the game, reviews are saying the time to kill is like BF3 but it seems too fast to me, am I used to BF4 maybe. I also HATE that something as simple as a pistol is locked to a specific class. To me that means that all the melee weapons should be the same, only the enforcer gets a breaching axe and only bad guys get to use the golf club...that sort of thing...and that is going way too far. I'm OK with the get 300 kills with any weapon and then you can use it for either faction, that really put me at ease. I certainly don't see myself running up tons of weapons to 500 kills like I did in BF3/4.

Back to my pistol fetish...seriously I might not purchase the game just because of that, but then I'd be all by my lonesome on BF4...the alternative is you guys will not get the norm of me running every class and specializing in none...I'd likely find the few classes that have suitable sidearms and stick with them...

Man I read that and think what an idiot I am...but considering the OCD I may freak out a bit if I have to stray to far from the norm...and that's bad for everyone involved.

Major Stains
02-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Was certainly not laughing at your incompetence as I was at my own homicidal tendencies and how easy it was to find willing victims in Hotwire!!

I found that the best way to play that mode is with an un-healthy dose of reckless abandon, a noobtube, and a complete disregard for my own life. Then you'll score huge!!

I'm good at reckless abandon!
My trouble was that I'd always spawn onto a squad mate, only to get run over or sniped immediately then repeat that over and over.
(Oh, and for some reason when I press fire my thumb somehow presses melee. So I'm normally to be seen facing the enemy waving a massive dildo shaped nightstick at them)

HardlyCapable13
02-09-2015, 08:05 PM
I'm good at reckless abandon!
My trouble was that I'd always spawn onto a squad mate, only to get run over or sniped immediately then repeat that over and over.
(Oh, and for some reason when I press fire my thumb somehow presses melee. So I'm normally to be seen facing the enemy waving a massive dildo shaped nightstick at them)

You can switch the mle and crouch button. That's what works for me.

Wow, this thing really fancies up the word mle...

HardlyCapable13
02-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Still on the fence but........

My question is will the Destiny crew leave the far off worlds and their alien brethren? If we got a group of PTFO'ing MP's (say pick up at least a squad from Destiny and the regulars that are playing 4) to play heist we would have a blast and likely be able to control the server for many rounds. Not sure about the Car mode (didn't play it) but I'd assume that a similar result would follow. I still have mixed feelings about the game, reviews are saying the time to kill is like BF3 but it seems too fast to me, am I used to BF4 maybe. I also HATE that something as simple as a pistol is locked to a specific class. To me that means that all the melee weapons should be the same, only the enforcer gets a breaching axe and only bad guys get to use the golf club...that sort of thing...and that is going way too far. I'm OK with the get 300 kills with any weapon and then you can use it for either faction, that really put me at ease. I certainly don't see myself running up tons of weapons to 500 kills like I did in BF3/4.

Back to my pistol fetish...seriously I might not purchase the game just because of that, but then I'd be all by my lonesome on BF4...the alternative is you guys will not get the norm of me running every class and specializing in none...I'd likely find the few classes that have suitable sidearms and stick with them...

Man I read that and think what an idiot I am...but considering the OCD I may freak out a bit if I have to stray to far from the norm...and that's bad for everyone involved.

Just got in another match and looked at some unlocks in load outs. You're right, unlocking guns only for one faction sucks. I'm really hoping it changes.

Gink
02-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Anyone spotted the Donuts yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9MfRuW5QNM

Major Stains
02-10-2015, 04:39 AM

Good tip, as I'd rather bob up and down than try to club them from 50 yards.

HardlyCapable13
02-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Good tip, as I'd rather bob up and down than try to club them from 50 yards.

You continue firing while sneakily ducking under their bullets. :becky:

Ullrsdog
02-10-2015, 08:53 AM

you can switch it in options...controls...but can't remember where to go after that.

Major Stains
02-11-2015, 08:28 AM
How Battlefield Hardline plans to heat up its cops and robbers fantasy (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/11/how-battlefield-hardline-heats-up-its-cops-and-robbers-fantasy)

(Click above for full article from IGN)

It’s a tough ask for Visceral Games to build new multiplayer maps for its first Battlefield game that escalate on everything that’s come before. Vehicles, destructible environments, and explosive arsenals unite to complicate the tried-and-proven three-lane design approach of other multiplayer shooters. And that’s just in terms of military-themed Battlefield games.

Taking away some of the explosive vehicles and various boom-boxes of your average soldier class and replacing them with cops and criminals in Battlefield Hardline further impacts the overall design of this latest Battlefield’s multiplayer component. If you look at the latest trailers for Hardline you’ll note it’s being branded as the fastest Battlefield game yet. Evan Champlin, senior multiplayer designer at Visceral Games, explains why this is so important.

donhardeone
02-11-2015, 02:06 PM
One thing I noticed in the beta is how much the destructable environment could have on overall gameplay. For example, playing hotwire on downtown. There was a crane/tower that you could bring down, which made you completely change where/how you drove around the map and general PvP combat (using the crane for cover). The change didn't alter the gameplay so much though that part of the map was borderline unusable (thinking of the map that floods in BF4).

Gink
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM
I didn't really think about destructibility until reading that article, and then realized yet again how much I miss destruction 2.0 of BC2. Dust Bowl Conquest if you could blow gaping holes in the walls and floors of the motel, and totally level most of the little houses.

Major Stains
02-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Battlefield veterans are rewarded on Hardline with exclusive Veterans Pack (http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/19/8068681/battlefield-hardline-veterans-pack-ea)

(Click above for full article)

Electronic Arts is rewarding fans of the Battlefield series who purchase the upcoming cops and robbers spin-off Battlefield Hardline with an exclusive Veteran's Pack, it was announced on the series' official website.

The Veteran's Pack is available to those who already own Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4 and who also buy Battlefield Hardline. It features an in-game Veteran's Patch, one 200 percent Objective Boost that will remain active for 30 minutes when activated and one 200 percent Teamplay Boost that will also remain active for 30 minutes.

For those who qualify, the new pack will be made available to you automatically once you log into Battlefield Hardline for the first time. You can also get a hold of it if you register any of the three games following the launch of Hardline.

Battlefield Hardline will be released on March 17 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Major Stains
03-09-2015, 03:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx929uwxGu0&sns=em

Spike Forehand
03-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Put in my pre-order for auto-download last night. Looking forward to this shit. Maybe it'll break my junkie Destiny grinding habit that has me worried about my sanity.

HardlyCapable13
03-15-2015, 05:02 PM
So Hardline has been unlocked on the xBone since Wednesday, but I finally got a chance to play today. Silky smooth and a lot of fun. No complaints as of yet.

reaper66865
03-18-2015, 09:34 PM
So far loving the campaign. Don't usually play multiplayer but tried out Hotwire and loved it! Got the premium version and a little dissapointed that I can't use most of the goodies till I fullfill the unlock requirements

LandShark
03-19-2015, 10:09 AM
hotwire with a couple squads of MPs would be fun. One repairing, one driving, two shooting!

HardlyCapable13
03-19-2015, 10:37 AM
hotwire with a couple squads of MPs would be fun. One repairing, one driving, two shooting!

I had a good time with it in the beta. C4 is a must in that mode to take out OP vehicles.

TrojanTeacher
03-19-2015, 10:59 AM
So far loving the campaign. Don't usually play multiplayer but tried out Hotwire and loved it! Got the premium version and a little dissapointed that I can't use most of the goodies till I fullfill the unlock requirements

:wave: Reaper, are you PS4 or X1?

Retro
03-19-2015, 11:02 AM
:wave: Reaper, are you PS4 or X1?

He's on X1

TrojanTeacher
03-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Yup, did some searchin'. That new member Foles is on both. I've sent them all messages to just take my friends list and add everyone there. SHould make it easier for them.

Gink
03-19-2015, 06:46 PM
I had a good time with it in the beta. C4 is a must in that mode to take out OP vehicles.

Or just a grenade launcher and repair tool. Ride around in one of the capture cars and watch the points come rolling in.

SouthtownSlayer
03-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Or just a grenade launcher and repair tool. Ride around in one of the capture cars and watch the points come rolling in.
Points and money! [emoji106] [emoji389] [emoji387]

reaper66865
03-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Hotwire is only multiplayer gamemode I've tried so far. Having a real hard time hitting anyone with sniper rifle. Need 20 kills and after one hour I have 1. Any advise or tips?
thanks!

donhardeone
03-20-2015, 07:15 AM
Hotwire is only multiplayer gamemode I've tried so far. Having a real hard time hitting anyone with sniper rifle. Need 20 kills and after one hour I have 1. Any advise or tips?
thanks!

Are you accounting for bullet drop? The farther away you are from your target, Battlefield games actually make you account for bullet drop...so aim slightly higher. Takes some getting used to. Hotwire can be a difficult mode to get sniper kills on, depending on the map and where you sit.

Retro
03-20-2015, 07:34 AM
Are you accounting for bullet drop? The farther away you are from your target, Battlefield games actually make you account for bullet drop...so aim slightly higher. Takes some getting used to. Hotwire can be a difficult mode to get sniper kills on, depending on the map and where you sit.

Also depending on your controller settings, you need to either hold or click down on L3 to "take a breath" and steady your aim.

SheepDog320
03-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Hotwire really isn't the best mode to snipe on, its all about the fast paced driving and destroying vehicles. We played some hotwire and conquest last night really had fun. Hotwire will definatlet be a mode I play often.

reaper66865
03-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone! I will try a different game mode this weekend and see if I have better luck. Also, I have added all of you to my friends and most have added me, but Battlelog still says I have 0 friends. Is that because I'm not actually in the platoon yet?

Major Stains
03-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone! I will try a different game mode this weekend and see if I have better luck. Also, I have added all of you to my friends and most have added me, but Battlelog still says I have 0 friends. Is that because I'm not actually in the platoon yet?

Do you use the Battlelog website or the app?
I find the app has quite a few inconsistencies and misses some parts out eg Platoons.
And even the site can take a while to figure things out and catch up.

Don't forget people's console IDs and their Origin IDs can be different, making them not show sometimes (in my experience)

HardlyCapable13
04-18-2015, 12:44 AM
If you go to the premium section in game, it gives a date of June 30th for the first expansion DLC.

TonkaToys
04-30-2015, 11:38 AM
Game with Devs (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/news/view/battlefield-hardline-game-with-devs/)

On April 30 and May 1, players on all platforms will get the chance to play Battlefield Hardline multiplayer against – and together with – devs from Visceral, DICE LA, and DICE Stockholm. We will be doing two livestreams for these events.

If you won’t make the matches, don’t despair – we’ve prepped the livestreams with all kinds of happenings. You can spectate the games, watch interviews with the Battlefield Hardline team, or take part of giveaways if you participate in online multiplayer matches.

Hope to see you on the stream!

Event Times

April 30, 1PM PT – 3 PM PT

May 1, 1PM PT – 3 PM PT

Watch the livestream here (http://www.twitch.tv/battlefield)