PDA

View Full Version : HomeFront: The Revolution

Madlob75
06-02-2014, 10:17 AM
I'm actually interested in this game. The multiplayer had its problems, but I thought the maps were good. An open-world singleplayer seems interesting.....Mercenary-esque?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/homefront-the-revolution-ignites-america-s-second-revolutionary-war/1100-6420015/

REMEC87
06-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Don't fall for it madlob, it's a trap! HF1 was the absolute worst game on PS3 ever

Madlob75
06-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Oh I agree it was horrid. BUTTTT...I really liked the conquest style multiplayer that shifted from region to region. I will say I played that more than Warfighter.

Retro
06-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Oh I know there were worse games than Homefront.

I'm hoping that Crytek can right the wrongs of Kaos. The only problems I had with HF was the on-rails single player and the fact that it took 3 hours to beat on the highest difficulty. The MP was pretty decent.

FeelinKorny
06-03-2014, 05:15 PM
I feel like with Crytek taking over for this game, its going to be really solid. One should forget about HF1 and pretend it never happened. Im keeping my eye on it.

Borlaxx
06-03-2014, 06:24 PM
I thought Homefront was a case of great ideas and poor execution. The concept was great, the mechanics and systems in the MP were solid, and the maps were pretty good, but the graphics were crap, the SP was horrid, and at least on the PS3 when trying to play MP more often than not you either sat waiting for the game to start in the lobby forever or had your system freeze moments into the match. But when it did work, poor graphics and all, I thought it was a lot of fun. My hope is that the new one actually fulfils some of that promise.

Spike Forehand
06-04-2014, 05:36 PM
This is one I'm definitely not pre-ordering but will watch.

HardlyCapable13
07-14-2014, 10:46 AM
This game getting canned? Director reportedly leaves Crytek...

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/homefront-the-revolution-director-reportedly-leaves-crytek

mechatool
07-14-2014, 11:26 AM
This game getting canned? Director reportedly leaves Crytek...

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/homefront-the-revolution-director-reportedly-leaves-crytek

I just came across the article also and was about to post the link. You beat me to the punch HC.:biggrin:

HardlyCapable13
07-14-2014, 11:39 AM
I just came across the article also and was about to post the link. You beat me to the punch HC.:biggrin:

Hopefully it won't halt development. I was really hoping this one would be good.

Retro
07-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Looks like Deep Silver will end up taking it over.

Borlaxx
07-14-2014, 11:59 AM
It seems like they have put enough into the development already that they will probably not cancel it, but if a bunch of new people are tasked with finishing the game who weren't there up to now I worry that it will have a negative impact on the final product. As they say, too many cooks spoil the broth, and it seems most games that undergo major personnel changes normally come out the worse for it. I have some of this same fear when it comes to the next Uncharted game given all the major departures Naughty Dog has had recently.

I've gone from being cautiously optimistic about this game to a bit worried.

mechatool
07-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Oh I agree it was horrid. BUTTTT...I really liked the conquest style multiplayer that shifted from region to region. I will say I played that more than Warfighter.

I'm agree with you Lob. I enjoyed the MP when you were able to get in a game. The game modes had great potential. Hope they can fix the issues in HF2.

SouthtownSlayer
08-04-2015, 01:13 PM
I'm guessing we can't post videos anymore?

Here's the link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdHGtJ_xUvY

Major Stains
08-04-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm guessing we can't post videos anymore?

Here's the link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdHGtJ_xUvY

Try adding &sns=em after the link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdHGtJ_xUvY&sns=em

*Nope, no dice. I'm shit out of ideas now! Lol

Retro
08-04-2015, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdHGtJ_xUvY

Retro
08-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Just remove the "S" from https.

Spike Forehand
08-04-2015, 02:06 PM
A game set in Philly? Wow. Never thought I would see that.

I still like the story concept - evil mf-ers come and take over stuff. However, HF1 single player was such an on-rails POS and the MP so unstable and tilting that there's no way I could agree to touch until after a successful launch and good reviews.

Retro
08-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Thankfully it's a completely different company this time. It's suppose to be more "open-world". I actually found the MP in the first one to be a positive, in it's idea anyway.

Retro
08-04-2015, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLyBwOh8sqU

Retro
08-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Homefront: The Revolution (http://www.ign.com/games/homefront-the-revolution/xbox-one-118316) feels a lot like recent Far Cry games, and honestly, that’s awesome. In a brief, 15 minute hands-on demo with the 2016 shooter, I was pleasantly surprised to find a sandbox packed with interesting things to do, multiple ways to explore, and some smart systems that really helped pull me into the world and keep me there. My goal was pretty simple – get from point A to point B while trying to not get killed by the patrolling, near-future packs of North Korean soldiers. Aside from standard grunts on the ground, there were drones that patrolled the streets, snipers perched up high forcing me to find alternate routes, and heavy trucks that could tear me down with a machine gun at a moment’s notice. Lucky for me, Homefront gave me the tools to start my own revolution and really even the odds.

With a well-timed toss of a device, I could take control of one of the drones and turn it on my enemies. If I didn’t want to use standard grenades, I could strap explosives to an RC car and take out a group of soldiers from a safe distance. And if I was patient enough as I crept along the rooftops, I could release explosive barrels on top of an unsuspecting convoy, making my life a whole lot easier in one fell swoop. This creative, sandbox-y approach to encounters reminded me of Far Cry in the best possible way. I'm really excited to hear about the emergent stories that come from Homefront.
Despite the fact that my objective was to get to the other side of town, Homefront never really forced me to do anything. I puttered around abandoned buildings scavenging for supplies and crafting materials. Side objectives littered the map, and I could’ve spent my 15 minutes with the game completing every mission other than the main one. And once I found a motorbike in a shipping container, I decided to just cause a bunch of two-wheeled mayhem around Philadelphia. The driving felt good and the city was packed with ramps, jumps, and alternate routes. This isn’t surprising, considering that the team mentioned that it was inspired by the joyful insanity of the Trials games.

Another thing I really liked was how once I was in the game, Homefront never forced me to pop out to menus. With a tap of the up button on the d-pad, I could look at my gun and customize various parts of it. Adding a scope could turn my assault rifle into a more tactical, distance weapon. Swapping out butts might steady my aim after every shot. Hell, I could even remove the barrel and replace it with one that transformed my machine gun into a molotov cocktail-spewing tool of destruction. The fact that all of this was presented without menus and simply through visual cues was really impressive.
There are definitely still some question marks surrounding the game. The particular chunk of Philadelphia that I go to run around was a bit drab and lacked any noticeable landmarks. While I enjoyed what I was doing, I didn’t quite enjoy where I was doing it. Hopefully the other parts of the city contain some variety, color, and distinct characteristics. After seeing colorful shooters like Battleborn, Overwatch, and Lawbreakers, I'm not sure how much time I want to spend in worlds covered in greys and browns. Along with this, I didn’t get a sense for what the core story was or why I should care about the folks in this world. Obviously 15 minutes isn’t nearly enough time to make a judgement call, so hopefully next time we go hands-on with Homefront we’ll be able to put these fears to rest.

Source (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/08/30/pax-2015-homefront-the-revolution-feels-like-far-cry-and-thats-awesome)

REMEC87
08-31-2015, 10:35 AM
A game set in Philly? Wow. Never thought I would see that.

I still like the story concept - evil mf-ers come and take over stuff. However, HF1 single player was such an on-rails POS and the MP so unstable and tilting that there's no way I could agree to touch until after a successful launch and good reviews.

I'm with spike on this one...multiplayer on HF1 was a joke it was so broken...I will probably never get this game on principle alone. Of course good reviews and MP participation could sway this lol...

Retro
08-31-2015, 02:36 PM
I've been interested in this one since it was first announced, with a new dev team and saying it would be open world. Now saying it feels like Far Cry? Sold.

HardlyCapable13
08-31-2015, 10:52 PM
I've been interested in this one since it was first announced, with a new dev team and saying it would be open world. Now saying it feels like Far Cry? Sold.

Good point. Though the one game play video I've watched didn't really do it for me...

Psalm
09-01-2015, 08:21 AM
I for one thought the killstreak ideas in HF where amazing... you chose to use your points on what you wanted to. Buy a tank? wait till you have the points. want a UAV? use your points. No other FPS has used this idea since. I hope they bring that to the game again. I thought while the motion and movement were clunky the MP was solid otherwise, I liked the maps alot.

Retro
01-12-2016, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZR2gS0kF6M

REMEC87
01-12-2016, 08:55 PM
I have to say that the original HF had me at hello....but ultimately was the single most disappointing game I have ever preordered. I would have to wait for MP reviews and participation level before even contemplating getting this...fool me once, shame on me...

Borlaxx
01-13-2016, 12:43 PM
Honestly looking at the video I wasn't exactly impressed. Looks pretty generic with some pretty awful animations. And that voice over was beyond cheesy IMO. Hopefully I am wrong, but I have very, very low expectations for this game.

Psalm
03-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Anyone play the Beta on XBone...looked like a colossal flop according to their FB page. People were saying it had last gen graphics and felt like a pre-alpha. I can see this game getting pushed back again.

Retro
03-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Anyone play the Beta on XBone...looked like a colossal flop according to their FB page. People were saying it had last gen graphics and felt like a pre-alpha. I can see this game getting pushed back again.

It made the first Homefront look like Bad Company 2. It was horrible. Absolute joke. I would not drop $5 for this game.

Spike Forehand
03-02-2016, 06:25 PM
It made the first Homefront look like Bad Company 2. It was horrible. Absolute joke. I would not drop $5 for this game.

Considering that the first Homefront was like jabbing a fork in my eye, this one sounds like a pass.

TonkaToys
03-03-2016, 05:57 AM
Considering that the first Homefront was like jabbing a fork in my eye, this one sounds like a pass.

Lol - I was going to say that they should have learnt from the first one, but I think Spike's response is more eloquent