PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Wind Waker HD

Borlaxx
06-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Has anyone else played this? I got it as the free game with registering Mario Kart 8 because this and Skyward Sword are the only two console Zeldas I haven't played and beat.

I've been playing for probably about 10 hours and I really like it. The cell shaded art style is a lot different than what I'm used to these games looking like, but it is striking and vibrant and fits well with the sea setting and younger protagonist. It has all the elements I loved about prior games, and although I at first found the sea travel a little tedious I now find it pretty relaxing, although I do miss Epona the horse.

Like I said I never played this on Gamecube so I can't comment on how they compare, but if you like Zelda games and the art style isn't a turnoff you can't get past I highly recommend this game. Too early to tell, but I think this may go behind Ocarnia of Time as my list of favorite 3D Zeldas.

FeelinKorny
06-08-2014, 11:26 AM
I know a lot of people hated on Wind Waker because of the cel shaded graphics. But when it first came out on gamecube I absolutely loved it. The art style was so fresh and vibrant. The game itself I loved as well. It didn't capture my heart like OoT or MM did but it was touching non the less. I sold my Wii U around the same time WW HD was released. I almost decided to keep it just for that game.

Im glad your enjoying it.

Mutt
06-10-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying it Borlaxx. It's quite the visual treat!

I didn't own a GameCube so I missed out on WW. I'm glad I got a chance to play the WW HD re-release. The graphics and game play still hold up today for a game that's a decade old. That says something but I can't say it's better than OoT.

How far did you get into the game? The middle part of the game is a niggle I find there's a lot of back tracking and it breaks the flow of the game for me.