PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Questioned About Minecraft

Borlaxx
06-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Kotaku asked Nintendo the question a lot of people seem to have - why no Minecraft on their systems given how well the gamepad would work with it.

It seems to have to do with what Mutt has said. Nintendo Japan controlls all Nintendo groups, and Minecraft isn't popular in Japan.

Still, it seems like they are open to the idea, and like I said on another thread, Minecraft is the only thing my kids use the PS3 for and they have wished several times for a Wii U version instead.

What do you all think? Do you want to this game on the Wii U? Do you think it will ever happen? Is it too late?

Http://kotaku.com/what-nintendos-top-game-creators-think-of-minecraft-1593839008

Mutt
06-20-2014, 02:03 PM
This needs to come to Wii U. My 6 year old son keeps asking when is Minecraft coming to the Wii U? I have never played the game personally but I know of it's popularity.

"What's interesting is that, in Japan, Minecraft is not popular in the way it is in the U.S. and Europe, so we've also thought that, if we were able to do a partnership like that, it might bring opportunity to help make Minecraft more popular in Japan."

They need to have Reggie control NA.

tweety
06-20-2014, 04:01 PM
No!!! If this happens I can kiss my playing time away . My kids would never get off the WiiU. :rolleyes:

Mutt
06-20-2014, 04:24 PM
No!!! If this happens I can kiss my playing time away . My kids would never get off the WiiU. :rolleyes:

You raise a good point :-\ I'd rather have it come to the 3DS ;-)