PDA

View Full Version : Lag from Foreign Players in BF4

RC-1136
07-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I know nothing about how the internet works. If I think about it I get a huge headache. Can someone who knows the inner workings of it please help me understand this?

I have a great internet connection. I run Xfinity Cable internet. I do run wireless, but my router is dual band and gives and the higher band is better for gaming. I am in the Playstation Now Beta which recommends you use a wired connection, but when I run the connection tests I pass with flying colors running wireless. I have no problem streaming. I seem to download updates faster than other MP's.

Here is my question. How come these a-holes from South American countries appear to have a better internet connection? How come they cause me to lag? How do they see me first on their screen and appear to one shot kill me? Shouldn't I have the advantage? Shouldn't the game be unplayable for them. Especially on an East Coast server. This makes no sense to me and is the most frustrating thing for me about BF4.

Please someone tell me why?

REMEC87
07-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Because every time you touch yourself a puppy dies and a Brazilian gets a superior internet connection. :)

tweety
07-03-2014, 11:29 AM
I know this says bf4 but I find lag from foreign players when I play on the wiiu. Dont know what it is but it seems they always host... :mad:

Major Stains
07-03-2014, 11:41 AM
I hate it so much, it makes me want to break things into tiny pieces!
When a match comes along with good connection, it's like a completely different game.
But I'd say 90% of the time it's how RC described it in the OP.
(That's on CoD Wii U/ BF4 PS4 with a decent up/ down speeds and above average ping.)

Retro
07-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Damn the foreigners!!!!

tweety
07-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Why is it that the damn foreigners have such shit connection it lowers mine to boost theirs?

Ullrsdog
07-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Why is it that the damn foreigners have such shit connection it lowers mine to boost theirs?

Not sure that it is a shit connection...it may be a great connection that just has built in delay...Much greater ping time, because of the distance from the source...

I still want region lock!!! then we won't have to play with them Dirty Brits and their wanna-be Canadian brethren!!! :ar15: :ak: :boink:

Spike Forehand
08-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Because every time you touch yourself a puppy dies and a Brazilian gets a superior internet connection. :)

True dat.

For the sake of all of us, leave your dingus alone RC.

Snowblind
08-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I have the same problem and although this is a battlefield thread I was having the same thing on Titanfall and COD Ghost on the Xbox One. I agree with Ullrsdog and region lock would help.