PDA

View Full Version : September Update Notes

Retro
08-08-2014, 06:07 PM
As some of you may know, our team at DICE LA is working hard to finish the next game update for Battlefield 4, aiming at a release in September. Meanwhile, we’re continuing to utilize the Battlefield 4 Community Test Environment to gather feedback and make various improvements to the game.

Core Gameplay Update
The current CTE initiative revolves around making the core gameplay of Battlefield 4 even better. This initiative has been in full swing for a little over two months now, and we’ve made a lot tweaks and changes that we hope you have enjoyed. As we’re nearing the end of this initiative and the release of the next Battlefield 4 update, these are the major fixes that it will include:
Game Mode Improvements
General improvements and tweaks have been made to the following game modes: Rush, Obliteration, Obliteration Competitive, Capture the Flag and Carrier Assault.
Visual Recoil
Close and medium range optic reticules do not move with the gun any longer, however both bullet spread and bullet drop are still present.
Soldier Movement
Changes have been made to soldier movement so that it closely matches the one in Battlefield 3, but without compromising the visual fidelity. This change also makes it easier to get away from undesirable firefights.
Additionally, we’ve dampened third person hit reactions where the soldier previously moved his head around a lot when getting shot at.
HUD Triage
Focusing on clarity, and de-cluttering the HUD/UI to only show what is important – we have added several options and functionality to make your screen much less cluttered (and give you a lot of choice in making it the way you want).
Revive Mechanic Improvements
A special effort went into making revives easier to use, more robust and easier to understand. Additions include a “fully charged” paddle sound, UI indication on revive time and better networked ragdolls.
“Netcode” Improvements
Making ping differences, trade kills and kills behind cover less of an issue by lowering the time allowed to damage on the client side.
Automatic High Frequency Update setting enforced with the intent of release to all platforms, including Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Improvements to bullet damage times from client to client, “dusting” and de-syncs.
Vehicle Balance
Identifying and tweaking the top vehicles in need of buffs and nerfs.
Weapon Balance
We’ve focused on maintaining a consistent Time To Kill (how long an average engagement lasts for). With the changes to visual recoil, the third person hit reactions and improved “tickrates” has been sped up somewhat as we still need to balance this with damage and recoil changes.
Suppression systems has also been re-tuned and made clearer.
What’s next?
The next initiative on the CTE will be called the Teamplay Initiative. Here we will focus on improving teamplay and the objective aspects of playing Battlefield. This will include everything from Commander, Squads, Field Upgrades and Game Mode improvements, features and bug fixes.
Taking part in the CTE
To take part in early content, feature and improvement testing, you need to own Battlefield 4 Premium (http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/premium). To sign up for the Community Test Environment, visit http://cte.battlelog.com (http://cte.battlelog.com/).
And as always – a big THANK YOU to all the players who have helped or is helping making us make Battlefield 4 a better game to play!
David Sirland
Battlefield 4 Live Producer

Source (http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/08/updates-battlefield-core-gameplay-improvements/)

Gink
08-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Most of it sounds like definite improvements if they do it right and don't throw everything even more off balance, but I don't understand the Visual Recoil. So the guns still have recoil but it won't actually make your reticule move? So you won't have to counter the recoil to keep your bullets on target? So essentially there won't actually be any effective recoil... so basically easy mode laser beam guns?

HardlyCapable13
08-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Am I still going to constantly fix my load out? Yes? Well fuck you DICE...

HardlyCapable13
08-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Most of it sounds like definite improvements if they do it right and don't throw everything even more off balance, but I don't understand the Visual Recoil. So the guns still have recoil but it won't actually make your reticule move? So you won't have to counter the recoil to keep your bullets on target? So essentially there won't actually be any effective recoil... so basically easy mode laser beam guns?

Agree with this. And WTF is this???

Additionally, we’ve dampened third person hit reactions where the soldier previously moved his head around a lot when getting shot at.

HardlyCapable13
08-08-2014, 07:39 PM
more robust and easier to understand. Additions include a “fully charged” paddle sound

Am I the only one who didn't know you had to charge the paddles? Every time I've used them has ended in a revive...

Gink
08-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Am I the only one who didn't know you had to charge the paddles? Every time I've used them has ended in a revive...
I only knew they even had a "full charge" from trying to figure out why I could never kill anyone with em. Didn't think it effected revives.

HardlyCapable13
08-08-2014, 07:49 PM
I only knew they even had a "full charge" from trying to figure out why I could never kill anyone with em. Didn't think it effected revives.

Wow. Just dumb...

Gink
08-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Wow. Just dumb...

Yeah, pretty sure I still never completed the assignment that required a defib kill. I'm sure my squad would find it super amusing if I spent a round or three chasing people around with the paddles.

HardlyCapable13
08-10-2014, 11:38 PM
So, like a moron, tonight I went into the test range and tweaked each class and vehicle to what I wanted. Took right around an hour. Jumped in a match directly after; not one thing stuck. To say I was irritated is an understatement. I'm appalled that this has been going on for so long and they cannot fix it. It just blows my mind.

RC-1136
08-11-2014, 10:02 AM

If you don't charge the paddles the guy you revived only had 20% health. If you charge the you can revive them with 100% health.

HardlyCapable13
08-11-2014, 10:23 AM
If you don't charge the paddles the guy you revived only had 20% health. If you charge the you can revive them with 100% health.

Wow. That's good to know. I had no clue.

RC-1136
08-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Does anyone think that Dice is changing way to much with this patch? The game has been out for 10 months and now they are going to change how the game plays? I just want them to region lock the servers and I would be extremely happy.

Retro
08-12-2014, 10:15 AM
I just want them to region lock the servers and I would be extremely happy.

That would suck! No playing with friends in Europe or Australia.

HardlyCapable13
08-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Just curious, but why would you want region locked servers?

RC-1136
08-12-2014, 11:38 AM
That would suck! No playing with friends in Europe or Australia.

I just want the option to Region Lock it doesn't have to be across the board.

Region Lock means only people from that region of the world can join your server. No one from Japan could join a West Coast Server for example. It should cut down on the lag.

Retro
08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
I just want the option to Region Lock it doesn't have to be across the board.

Region Lock means only people from that region of the world can join your server. No one from Japan could join a West Coast Server for example. It should cut down on the lag.

More options the better.

Gink
08-12-2014, 03:18 PM

Pretty sure at least 90% of players didn't know that, can't recall ever coming back with full health. Either that or anyone who knew realized taking the time to fully charge would likely mean the medic dies as well, or it's just faster/more prosperous to jumpstart someone, then throw a medpack on them to get revive + heals.

HardlyCapable13
08-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Pretty sure at least 90% of players didn't know that, can't recall ever coming back with full health. Either that or anyone who knew realized taking the time to fully charge would likely mean the medic dies as well, or it's just faster/more prosperous to jumpstart someone, then throw a medpack on them to get revive + heals.

Do you get more points for a full revive? If not, you should.

Retro
08-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Do you get more points for a full revive? If not, you should.
Pretty sure you do. I'll have to pay more attention. I always try to fully charge, I'm not under fire.

Ullrsdog
08-27-2014, 02:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9CXLxwiXsY&list=UUic79WdIerj8RpcshGi5ZiA

No idea about validity here but sounds awesome!