PDA

View Full Version : IN the League...now what?

donhardeone
08-27-2014, 06:37 AM
I wasn't going to post this, but since I'm not the only one new to Madden leagues I thought it may be worth doing so. I accepted Retro's invite to the Team MP league last night, created my owner, chose my franchise. Now what? Are there some links you veteran Madden players could send that could help us newbs to this out? I'm looking over some of the tips and tricks on the Madden site, but any advice would be welcomed.

HardlyCapable13
08-27-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm new as well, but here's what I found from messing around last night.

The only thing you can really do at this point is change prices for tickets/concessions in your stadium, and upgrade your stadium. When you're ready to roll hit the start season, which just means you're ready. As soon as everyone shows ready, Retro can officially start the season.

Of course, I could be missing things here...

Raider
08-27-2014, 09:42 AM
I never received an invite, but I thought I joined last night along with Landshark. I saw notices that Teach and Freak and HC had joined the league but not see a notification that I or Landshark are in. I tried messing around with it a ;ittle this moring before going to work, but I'm lost and will need some guidance. This is a little deeper than I thought. I thought it was just to play the games. This seems to be like mentioned in an earlier post by HC, setting concession and ticket prices and what not. To be honest I have no desire to play that part of the game, but willing to to be in the league. I willl need some guidance this evening on what I need to be doing because all of the parts outside of actually playing against somebody on the field is all new to me.

Retro
08-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Right now it's in week one of the pre-season. We can either play the pre-season games so people can get some practice in or I can sim it right to week one of the regular season. Pretty sure everyone this week plays a cpu team except for Raider and HC who go head to head.

HardlyCapable13
08-27-2014, 10:04 AM
setting concession and ticket prices and what not. To be honest I have no desire to play that part of the game, but willing to to be in the league.

Same here. Didn't realize I needed an economics/business degree to play Madden against friends. :shocked:

There's a spot where you can check who the user controlled teams are in the league. I'll look into that today and see who's in.

Retro
08-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Same here. Didn't realize I needed an economics/business degree to play Madden against friends. :shocked:

There's a spot where you can check who the user controlled teams are in the league. I'll look into that today and see who's in.

People voted to play owner. It's not that hard and you can pretty much ignore that part if you want.

Retro
08-27-2014, 10:20 AM
I can remake the league so it's coaches only if using owners is too much for you girls... :drama::bolt:

HardlyCapable13
08-27-2014, 10:31 AM
I can remake the league so it's coaches only if using owners is too much for you girls... :drama::bolt:

:lol:

Doesn't really look too intimidating. Will be interesting, that's for sure. My fan base will hate me since Minnie is building a new stadium and playing at the University facility. Can't renovate at all...

donhardeone
08-27-2014, 10:35 AM
I originally voted for coach instead of owner, but now I say stick with owners. Being All-Madden, I am unlikely to win...at least let me use my money to build the most badass stadium humanity has ever seen! At least as an owner I'll have one part of the season that I don't get creamed at. ha!

Also, I'd prefer we play the preseason games (or at least 1 or 2) so that I can get a better feel for the game.

Retro
08-27-2014, 10:35 AM
:lol:

Doesn't really look too intimidating. Will be interesting, that's for sure. My fan base will hate me since Minnie is building a new stadium and playing at the University facility. Can't renovate at all...

I could turn on relocation and you could really piss them off! Then Raider could move from Oakland to LA.

Retro
08-27-2014, 10:38 AM
I originally voted for coach instead of owner, but now I say stick with owners. Being All-Madden, I am unlikely to win...at least let me use my money to build the most badass stadium humanity has ever seen! At least as an owner I'll have one part of the season that I don't get creamed at. ha!

Also, I'd prefer we play the preseason games (or at least 1 or 2) so that I can get a better feel for the game.

Based on the advice of some on operation sports, I adjusted the sliders and set it to All-Pro. If it feels too easy in week one then I`ll keep the adjustments and change it to All-Madden for week two.

I want the games against the cpu to be challenging and competitive but not overly brutal so that it turns people off.

Airease
08-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Sounds like its going to be an interesting season.

Got on for about 5 minutes yesterday up to training in Madden. Then my 5 month old daughter had other plans for me

Retro
08-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Also, I posted on XBL last night but in case it wasn`t seen. If you have EA Access and played the Madden 15 trial, you will have to uninstall Madden and then reinstall. If you do not, then none of your online games will count!

Raider
08-27-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm sure it's not that hard, just the standard learning curve. I just want to make sure I'm not holding anyone back from gaming. Tonight I should have more time to explore it all and maybe see if HC wants to play the preseason scrimmage.

Retro
08-27-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm sure it's not that hard, just the standard learning curve. I just want to make sure I'm not holding anyone back from gaming. Tonight I should have more time to explore it all and maybe see if HC wants to play the preseason scrimmage.

When we did the NCAA Dynasty we originally set it as advancing each week every 72 hours. Some weeks we went faster, other weeks we only got through one game in 7 days. We will go at the pace people here can handle.

HardlyCapable13
08-27-2014, 11:00 AM
see if HC wants to play the preseason scrimmage.

I'm down. I should be on most of the day. As for evening probably anytime after 7 pacific time.

Raider
08-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Good call on going from All Madden to All Pro. Landshark and I play played a scrimmage last night on just Pro settings and the score was 6 - 3. LOL

Raider
08-27-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm down. I should be on most of the day. As for evening probably anytime after 7 pacific time.

Alright, sounds good. That's 10:00PM on the East Coast here and I usually crash for the night around 11:00. I'll look for you around 10:00 - 10:15.

donhardeone
08-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Also, I posted on XBL last night but in case it wasn`t seen. If you have EA Access and played the Madden 15 trial, you will have to uninstall Madden and then reinstall. If you do not, then none of your online games will count!

Thanks for the heads up, as I would have been pissed as hell about that. Hopefully they have this resolved for future games.

HardlyCapable13
08-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Alright, sounds good. That's 10:00PM on the East Coast here and I usually crash for the night around 11:00. I'll look for you around 10:00 - 10:15.

Forgot your east coast. I can do anything before 5 my time as well.

TheFreak75
08-27-2014, 11:46 AM
I don't remember voting for coach, or owner, or anything come to think of it......... but hell i don't remember half the things i do

Retro
08-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Still waiting on Airease and Scooby to join.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/Retro_022/M15_zps49452e48.jpg

HardlyCapable13
08-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Anyone need a backup QB? Looking to make a trade.

LandShark
08-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Htfu!

LandShark
08-27-2014, 03:38 PM
I saw Scooby was in skills trainer last night.

HardlyCapable13
08-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Is this our official shit talking thread? Need to know for after Raider and I play tonight....

Retro
08-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Is this our official shit talking thread? Need to know for after Raider and I play tonight....

No, this is http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/forumdisplay.php?333-Game-Stories

HardlyCapable13
08-27-2014, 04:31 PM
No, this is http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/forumdisplay.php?333-Game-Stories

No thread there... :boink:

LandShark
08-27-2014, 04:38 PM

If it was I would be talking shit about kicking the shit out of the Raiders last night.

Airease
08-27-2014, 04:40 PM
As long as I set everything up right. I should be on there

Retro
08-27-2014, 04:42 PM
As long as I set everything up right. I should be on there

I checked, you are in.

Raider
08-27-2014, 05:19 PM
If it was I would be talking shit about kicking the shit out of the Raiders last night.

With that broken ass Texas internet. Had to start the game over so he coud win. ;)