PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Game Soundtrack

Borlaxx
09-03-2014, 11:56 AM
There may already be a thread like this, and if so I apologize.

What is your favorite video game soundtrack of all time? From an original music standpoint I have a special place in my heart for the original Super Mario Bros. Everyone of those tunes gets me right in the nostalgia.

In terms of licensed music, up until recently mine was the awesome 80's soundtrack for Grand Theft Auto Vice City (I thought the GTA 5 soundtrack sucked), but I've been playing a used copy of Saints Row the Third, and man they hit it out of the park with that game for somebody like me.

Even the hip hop and electronic dance music is really good stuff I can listen to and not horrible mainstream shit (not to mention the great classical channel), but when it comes to metal, rock, and classic rap, well, it is going to be hard to top this:

Stand and Deliver - Adam Ant

Bezerker - After the Burial

Runes to My Memory - Amon Amarth

Obfuscation - Between the Buried and Me

Necropolis - Black Dahlia Murder

Pepper - Butthole Surfers

Suicide Jag - Chemlab

Diamond Eyes - Deftones

The Cyborg Slayers - Dethklok

Farewell Mona Lisa - The Dillinger Escape Plan

Feel Like I Do - Drowning Pool

Epic - Faith No More

Apocalyptic Havoc - Goatwhore

Regurgitated Disinformation - Job For A Cowboy

WWIII - KMFDM

Armagoddamnmotherf***inggeddon - Marilyn Manson

Divinations - Mastodon

Live Wire - Motley Crue

Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue

The Lotus Eater - Opeth

Rise Rebel Resist - Otep

My Adidas - Run DMC

Ball and Chain - Social Distortion

Love? - Strapping Young Lad

What I Got - Sublime

Funky Cold Medina - Tone Loc

Major Stains
09-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I used to enjoy the old Tony Hawk soundtracks and loved the SSX tunes as I'd hit the snow.
At work, it not uncommon to hear me whistling Mario Kart tunes to everyone's annoyance.
And I used to love firing up Need for Speed and hearing Snoops version of Riders on the Storm.

Madlob75
09-03-2014, 03:33 PM
FIFA always has some good tunes on.

Spike Forehand
09-03-2014, 06:21 PM
I liked the punk channel in GTA5 (Channel X I think it was), and I liked how in watch dogs you could just select certain music styles to be played - so I of course went punk and blues. Every time "My Brain Hurts" by Screeching Weasel kicks in I love it and have to go on a sideswiping, pedestrian mow down.

HardlyCapable13
09-03-2014, 08:04 PM
I liked the punk channel in GTA5 (Channel X I think it was), and I liked how in watch dogs you could just select certain music styles to be played - so I of course went punk and blues. Every time "My Brain Hurts" by Screeching Weasel kicks in I love it and have to go on a sideswiping, pedestrian mow down.

Exact same answer for me. Think the only song I seeked out in Watch Dogs was some good ol Ben Weasel. On a side note, did I tell you I was at that show at sxsw where he punched that chick in the face?

Forza Horizon had some pretty decent tunes as well. Some good indie bands such as Wavves.

Spike Forehand
09-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Exact same answer for me. Think the only song I seeked out in Watch Dogs was some good ol Ben Weasel. On a side note, did I tell you I was at that show at sxsw where he punched that chick in the face?

Forza Horizon had some pretty decent tunes as well. Some good indie bands such as Wavves.

So Joe Queer in his defense of Ben Weasel said she deserved it. I have trouble thinking anything she might have said could make that true. Did you see what led to it?

Retro
09-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I guess more of a score than a soundtrack, but for me, Red Dead Redemption.

HardlyCapable13
09-04-2014, 09:01 AM
So Joe Queer in his defense of Ben Weasel said she deserved it. I have trouble thinking anything she might have said could make that true. Did you see what led to it?

Well obviously you know what Ben is like. He hated everything SXSW stands for and wasn't in a good mood at all taking the stage. He was sure to let everyone know it. I think if Fat Mike hadn't been there pretty much forcing him to play he wouldn't have.

That said, they were playing great. There was this one girl in the crowd who wasn't having it though. She constantly threw shit at him and at one point hit him in the eye with something. Song stopped and he went off on her. He asked the club/bouncers to remove her. Nothing. So they went on playing. She kept throwing shit. Song stops again and he pulls out a Benjamin and says he won't hit a girl, but said this cash will go to any woman in the crowd who punches that girl in the face. Nothing. Song starts up again, she pelts him in the face again, and he snapped. Flying fist from the stage to her face.

I don't promote the hitting of women, but also think that females should know that just because men shouldn't hit them doesn't give them the right to act like that and do whatever they want. She took it too damn far.

I honestly think the club dropped the ball by not removing her.

HardlyCapable13
09-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I guess more of a score than a soundtrack, but for me, Red Dead Redemption.

Great choice.