PDA

View Full Version : Week 3: Lions vs Packers

Retro
09-03-2014, 07:16 PM
I screwed this game up bad.

#1. For some reason I came out playing like I still had Stafford at QB, big mistake. Moore is good, but he lacks the strength and his deep ball is terrible.

#2. My early screw up lead to me being down 14-0 going into the second half. No problem, I manage the by going to the run and going more West Coast rather than vertical. Tie it up in the 4th. The whole half, my defense has shut down the Packers. I get the ball back with 1:35 left. I drive down inside their 25. They use up all their timeouts. It's 2nd and 3, I'm on the right hashmark. I can either kneel and run the clock to 3 seconds and call a time out, then kick the field goal. Or I can try to get the ball to the middle. I decide to get the ball to the middle. :doh: FUMBLE! Not only that, they return the fumble all the way to my 28. I stop them from getting closer and use my last timeout to force them to kick on 4th with only 17 seconds left as for some reason they tried passing 3 times. They get the field goal.

They kick off to me and I get an awesome return. I know I can't go deep, but I hit Tate on a corner route for 25 and he gets out of bounds. I need 12 yards to get within FG range. 4 seconds on the clock, I have CJ going on a quick corner. They double team him and leave Tate open but he's running a crossing route, I throw. He catches it, get the 12 yards and is dropped inches from the sideline, game over.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

HardlyCapable13
09-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Damn, that's heartbreaking. Unless you're in the NFC North... :becky:

TheFreak75
09-03-2014, 07:55 PM
OH so the mighty Retro has flaws after all!!!! Kidding aside that sucks.
I screwed this game up bad.

#1. For some reason I came out playing like I still had Stafford at QB, big mistake. Moore is good, but he lacks the strength and his deep ball is terrible.

#2. My early screw up lead to me being down 14-0 going into the second half. No problem, I manage the by going to the run and going more West Coast rather than vertical. Tie it up in the 4th. The whole half, my defense has shut down the Packers. I get the ball back with 1:35 left. I drive down inside their 25. They use up all their timeouts. It's 2nd and 3, I'm on the right hashmark. I can either kneel and run the clock to 3 seconds and call a time out, then kick the field goal. Or I can try to get the ball to the middle. I decide to get the ball to the middle. :doh: FUMBLE! Not only that, they return the fumble all the way to my 28. I stop them from getting closer and use my last timeout to force them to kick on 4th with only 17 seconds left as for some reason they tried passing 3 times. They get the field goal.

They kick off to me and I get an awesome return. I know I can't go deep, but I hit Tate on a corner route for 25 and he gets out of bounds. I need 12 yards to get within FG range. 4 seconds on the clock, I have CJ going on a quick corner. They double team him and leave Tate open but he's running a crossing route, I throw. He catches it, get the 12 yards and is dropped inches from the sideline, game over.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Retro
09-03-2014, 08:18 PM
It's OK, I know it's going to be rough with Stafford out (and Fairly). But they'll be back, and the Lion's will be back to beast mode!

HardlyCapable13
09-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Vikings win. 3-0. Enough said.

What a joke though. Bridgewater with 124 passing. Saints backup had 230...if Brees had been playing they would have had 600 yards passing and beat me 64-14.

donhardeone
09-04-2014, 07:46 AM
...if Brees had been playing they would have had 600 yards passing and beat me 64-14.

You're welcome. :wink:

@Retro, that blows dude.

HardlyCapable13
09-04-2014, 08:33 AM
You're welcome.

Well, in my defense the bottle of wine I had probably didn't help...

TrojanTeacher
09-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Green Bay screwed me over as well. Time ran out near the end when I was in position to score....sucks!!!!

Airease
09-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Week 1 actually played my games. Week 2 & 3 I had to simulate my games because of a family emergency go on. Week 4 I was able to play. My passing game I could not complete any of them.