PDA

View Full Version : Which Character Class Will You Play?

Gink
09-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Like the title says, which Class are you going to choose for your main or at least first character?
I enjoyed playing both Hunter and Titan classes in the beta, and plan to play all 3 to level cap eventually.

Madlob75
09-06-2014, 03:21 PM
I only had a chance to work on the Titan class, so I will start with that first since it's familiar. After that, I guess I'll see what everyone says and make a decision on the next one.

HardlyCapable13
09-06-2014, 03:29 PM
I honestly don't know. Between the alpha and beta I didn't really see much differences in the classes.

Gink
09-06-2014, 04:34 PM
I honestly don't know. Between the alpha and beta I didn't really see much differences in the classes.

I had this discussion with the wife earlier, she played Hunter in beta, but is going to start with Warlock. I was saying how I hoped they added more classes at some point. She shrugged and said she thought the classes were fine, but hoped they added more races. I pointed out that races didn't effect anything or have different skills, her reply was "But they look different."

I think the class differences somewhat come down to how you choose to play them. I guess with all weapons being non-specific they can be pretty similar, unless you choose to stick with certain weapon types for specific character classes. I do wish that, in addition to leveling weapons for unlocks, there were skill levels for weapon types, so the more you used certain weapons, the better you got with all assault guns, shotguns, etc.

I'm looking forward to checking out the skills and unlocks at levels beyond the beta cap, but already felt like the classes were fairly different. I enjoyed Hunter in campaign/co-op, but found I did a lot better with Titan in PvP, and the Titan special was a lot more effective and easy to use than the Hunter's Gunslinger ability, though Gunslinger certainly came in handy against bosses during missions.

Major Stains
09-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Erm, the beta was further back than yesterday so I'd be hazarding a guess that I used the Hunter, can't be sure! What I do remember is he had a rifle that took the alien scum heads clean off, so I'll be finding that and should be good to go.
I'm sad like that in all FPS, 'ooh I killed more than two people with this gun, it's a keeper, maybe add a sight and a fancy duckweed paint job and it's staying in my loadout for months'.

Snowblind
09-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Playing as a Titan first,then the other classes at some point.

TheFreak75
09-06-2014, 08:52 PM
I will try warlock, just because I never got a chance to try it out on the beta, but will try to have one of each

mechatool
09-07-2014, 10:40 PM
I'm starting with the warlock. I played this class for the beta. The warlock's armor is the weaker of the 3 classes, but regenerates health the quickest.

REMEC87
09-08-2014, 10:34 AM
I think I will be playing hunter ( or maybe Titan) because my run n gun style of play requires substantial armor. Titan might be too slow, any comments on how reactive/mobile the Titan class is.

REMEC87
09-08-2014, 11:03 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/08/destiny-class-guide-titan-warlock-hunter/

A good link to all 3 classes.

sureMOE
09-08-2014, 11:52 AM
I played Hunter in the beta, which was really awesome, but I struggled with the super move because you only get 3 shots so it's hard to get group kills with it. If you miss those shots, you have to wait for the charge. I did really like the Hunter, especially the melee. I am excited for tomorrow!

Badgerute
09-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Like the title says, which Class are you going to choose for your main or at least first character?
I enjoyed playing both Hunter and Titan classes in the beta, and plan to play all 3 to level cap eventually.

Which is the sexiest character?

Badgerute
09-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Which is the sexiest character?

I found the answer in reading REMEC's link to the classes. It provides:

"To balance this aesthetically, the Titan wears a piece of class armour on their lower body. According to the lore, this cloth is where they record their mighty deeds.

You start with the merest little flap of fabric but before long you’ll unlock long, flowing swathes printed with colourful designs."

sureMOE
09-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Anybody regretting their class choice? I am not super sure on Warlock right now. I am having a bit of a harder time adjusting to him over the hunter. I will have to see how the character develops, but the floating jump thing is kind of cool until you try and shoot and then you drop like a rock. I guess time will tell

Gink
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Anybody regretting their class choice? I am not super sure on Warlock right now. I am having a bit of a harder time adjusting to him over the hunter. I will have to see how the character develops, but the floating jump thing is kind of cool until you try and shoot and then you drop like a rock. I guess time will tell

I went with Hunter, and as much fun as the class is, I'm starting to miss Titan a bit. Might be my weapon choice though, have a Scout Rifle and Sniper at the moment, makes close combat and fending off Hive Thralls a bit tricky at level 3. Might start a second character sooner than expected and switch off. Will make levelling slower, but might enjoy things more just playing whichever I'm in the mood for.