PDA

View Full Version : Destiny War Stories

Pages : [1] 2 3

sureMOE
09-09-2014, 11:03 AM
I will be on tonight for the first time. Got the download going at midnight this morning, but went to bed. Who else will be joining?

mechatool
09-09-2014, 11:18 AM
I will be on tonight for the first. Got the download going at midnight this morning, but went to bed. Who else will be joining?

My copy should be delivered today. I'll jump on around 10pm central time.

Gink
09-09-2014, 11:54 AM
My Destiny bundle ps4 should be waiting for me when I get home. Of course I'm going to do a hard drive upgrade before installing anything, but hopefully I'll be on by 5 or 6 PDT

Major Stains
09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
My copy is sitting snugly in the disc tray waiting for me to finish dealing with my needy family. Boy they can be so selfish at times! Food, bath time...they'll have the clothes off my back given the chance.

REMEC87
09-09-2014, 12:47 PM
I'll hopefully be on around 6pm EST unless I have a dinner meeting at work.

Madlob75
09-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Looking forward to tonight. Also, just throwing this out there. If you need someone for a Fireteam, let me know. Even if I've already done the mission, I don't mind running through it again to help out.

mechatool
09-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Looking forward to tonight. Also, just throwing this out there. If you need someone for a Fireteam, let me know. Even if I've already done the mission, I don't mind running through it again to help out.

I plan on joining whoever as an open slot for a 3 man fireteam. I normally start a little later than most MPs.

Gink
09-09-2014, 01:09 PM
I played the entire Beta on PS3 lone-wolf, aside from randoms for the strike mission. Look forward to rolling with an MP strike team!

Badgerute
09-09-2014, 01:09 PM
I plan on joining whoever as an open slot for a 3 man fireteam. I normally start a little later than most MPs.

I'll be on tonight. Mic'd up and ready to roll. Will also be looking to upload a pic of beano to get even for the burger king pic.

Gink
09-09-2014, 01:14 PM
I'll be trying to get my TB PX5's working with the PS4, testing out my homemade chat cable, so I'll be the one going "uhhhh, can anyone hear me?"

Badgerute
09-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm not listed on the active players list. Badgerute is psn name.

Badgerute
09-09-2014, 01:48 PM

beano will also be playing. he stinks though.

Gink
09-09-2014, 02:04 PM

That's what happens when you fail to follow instructions :boink:
Got you added. Nice to see a good number of folks will be playing on PS4

Ullrsdog
09-09-2014, 02:06 PM

did you contact a mod or admin...there is a process sir...

how bout this for Beeano....

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.607996919316022760&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Madlob75
09-09-2014, 02:55 PM
AHEM....I contacted an admin/Mod and wasn't added. I had to seek out ANOTHER admin/Mod to get added.

HardlyCapable13
09-09-2014, 03:02 PM
AHEM....I contacted an admin/Mod and wasn't added. I had to seek out ANOTHER admin/Mod to get added.

...shots fired...

Gink
09-09-2014, 03:06 PM

I had a request from someone when I got up at 6am this morning. Fortunately it had already been handled.

Office Hours:
Mon-Sun 8am-11:59pm

HardlyCapable13
09-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I had a request from someone when I got up at 6am this morning. Fortunately it had already been handled.

Office Hours:

You reds get office hours? That's BS!

Gink
09-09-2014, 03:14 PM
You reds get office hours? That's BS!

Keep up the hard work and someday we might let you sleep.

HardlyCapable13
09-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Keep up the hard work and someday we might let you sleep.

Pshh, I wouldn't go officer in the military, and I sure as HELL won't do it here. :boink:

Gink
09-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Pshh, I wouldn't go officer in the military, and I sure as HELL won't do it here. :boink:

Smart man.

Madlob75
09-09-2014, 04:10 PM

Office Hours:

You misunderstand, I contacted you and was added straight away. Thanks for all of YOUR hard work.

Ullrsdog
09-09-2014, 04:46 PM

:ar15:

excuse me sir but you failed to realize that contacting me on a sunday will only lead to me spacing it out on Monday...I added you this morning before anyone was the wiser. FURTHERMORE!!!! you aren't to be added until you have the game, and when I last spoke to you at 1am Tuesday morning you were just logging off of BF4...the minor delay was both technically accurate and insignificant as it relates to timing of you first gameplay.

Thus Mr. Gink found that "you had already been added" ... I advise you retract the "YOUR" insinuation.

I rest my case your honor...

Retro
09-09-2014, 04:52 PM

excuse me sir but you failed to realize that contacting me on a sunday will only lead to me spacing it out on Monday...I added you this morning before anyone was the wiser. FURTHERMORE!!!! you aren't to be added until you have the game, and when I last spoke to you at 1am Tuesday morning you were just logging off of BF4...the minor delay was both technically accurate and insignificant as it relates to timing of you first gameplay.

Thus Mr. Gink found that "you had already been added" ... I advise you retract the "YOUR" insinuation.

Bitch slapped!

HardlyCapable13
09-09-2014, 05:13 PM

I award you punitive damages.

sam007
09-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Anyone ready for the level 8 Strike off Earth?

I walked into a "dungeon" out of ignorance and got my butt handed to me, dark and scary sounds should have been a heads up warning. :lol:

Major Stains
09-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks, Badger and Snowblind. Good games.
I did wander off a few times looking for chests and when I caught you up, you had both wiped out the fallen...lol.
Again, apologies for my mutedness. :tape2:

And I haven't seen 15 friends online all playing the same game for a while!

HardlyCapable13
09-09-2014, 07:28 PM

It's lonely over here in xBone-land.

Snowblind
09-09-2014, 07:55 PM
It's lonely over here in xBone-land.

Fired up the game on my xbox then halfway threw the first mission internet dropped. Had fun with Stains and Badge, found out Badger double jumps like Stains pilots a helicopter.:boink:

Madlob75
09-10-2014, 05:55 AM
Anyone else wish they had a few more hours of sleep? Must---get---in---shower....too---hard. There are a couple of bean bags on my office floor that have lunch power nap written all over them.

RC-1136
09-10-2014, 07:18 AM
I had so much fun with game tonight. For some reason I couldn't get into any chat parties, though. Played with Badger and Jack and it was great. We only did Co-op stuff and it was fun. When we were patrolling we got into a community event. We failed, but I thought that was really cool. Going to try some MP tonight. I am in a race to get to level 20. There is some really cool swag when you get there.

I also was trolling around the Bungie website and you can access the tower and do everything on your computer that you can do in game. I like that. Let's me obsess more about this game when I'm at work.

TheFreak75
09-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Oh don't even go there!!!!! There was people logged in playing the game, you sir never sent out an invitation of sorts.....so stop whinning!
Thanks, Badger and Snowblind. Good games.
I did wander off a few times looking for chests and when I caught you up, you had both wiped out the fallen...lol.
Again, apologies for my mutedness. :tape2:

HardlyCapable13
09-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Do we offer forum training courses? Freak obviously quoted the wrong person...

RC-1136
09-10-2014, 08:14 AM
I just realized that I played with Badger for about 3 hours last night and didn't bring up his hamburger selfie. Missed opportunity.

TheFreak75
09-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Damn i did replu to the wrong one!!!!!

do we offer forum training courses? Freak obviously quoted the wrong person...

HardlyCapable13
09-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Damn i did replu to the wrong one!!!!!

Also, do we have any kind of spelling training? :boink:

mechatool
09-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Anyone else wish they had a few more hours of sleep? Must---get---in---shower....too---hard. There are a couple of bean bags on my office floor that have lunch power nap written all over them.

Make sure you rest up….because you know, tonights going the same thing.

TheFreak75
09-10-2014, 10:10 AM
I hate you!!!!
Also, do we have any kind of spelling training? :boink:

Badgerute
09-10-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm up for a strike tonight. How many in the strike team? Jack and I played a little Pvp last night. Boy, much different than battlefield. I've got a guy in my crosshairs, dead for sure, then all of a sudden he jumps above me and blasts me with his power. Lots of a one shot sniper kills too. I think it will grow on me though.

mechatool
09-10-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm up for a strike tonight. How many in the strike team? Jack and I played a little Pvp last night. Boy, much different than battlefield. I've got a guy in my crosshairs, dead for sure, then all of a sudden he jumps above me and blasts me with his power. Lots of a one shot sniper kills too. I think it will grow on me though.

1-3 players in a strike mission. I'm ready for some strike missions also.

sureMOE
09-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Really awesome playing last night! Powered myself almost up to rank 9. Got to get up there before I go to London so I don't get too far behind you all!! Unfortunately, being on the west coast I wasn't cool enough to be in one of the many fire teams, so Kamakazi and I went off and plowed through the maps. That was more entertainment than anything! Nothing like Kamakazi living up to his name and charging a boss to give him the melee punch, only to watch him get the beat down and then his body go flying 50 feet up in the air!! I felt like I was playing Battlefield with all the reviving I was doing. GURU joined us later, so we did have a bit of an MP presence, but I did get some killer weapons and armor towards the end of the night. I like being able to kill Knights with a single head shot. Loads of fun, I may be on late tonight on my Vita, so if I join you guys and am silent, that will be the reason.

TonkaToys
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Looking forward to joing you fellas tonight.

PS: I renamed the thread to mention Destiny

PPS: When are you in London and what for sureMOE?

RC-1136
09-10-2014, 11:16 AM

The sniping is way too easy in this game. There's no bullet drop or scope sway and your movement doesn't slow down while you're ADSing. I even looked like a pro sniper last night.

sureMOE
09-10-2014, 11:21 AM
I am heading there Saturday for Design Week next week. I don't want to derail this thread, but maybe we should chat on the side if you have any good thoughts on what to see while we are there. We are staying right near Buckingham Palace and the Thames. Never been, so super pumped!

Looking forward to joing you fellas tonight.

PS: I renamed the thread to mention Destiny

PPS: When are you in London and what for sureMOE?

Gink
09-10-2014, 11:25 AM
I didn't get in as much play time as I expected last night. Setting up the new console and getting things installed and configured took longer than anticipated. Then I just felt like I was on the short bus with new menus, new controller, etc etc. Still haven't gotten my headset working right, or figured out the party system.

In 2 short sessions I only managed lvl 4. Was odd, I hardly saw any other players outside of the tower. I let the wife play a while, and she had other folks running around in the open areas all over the place. I thought maybe mine didn't have as many randoms since so many MPs were online, but I didn't see any indication of ya'll being in the same server/world as me either.

Looking forward to putting a few more levels on so I'm ready for a strike. That's where the good loot is!

sureMOE
09-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Johnny, hit me up when you get online. We are few of the west coasters here and so it's hard to find some fire teams once all these east coaster and central crews buddy up, I usually get on about 8pm.

TonkaToys
09-10-2014, 12:10 PM
I am heading there Saturday for Design Week next week. I don't want to derail this thread, but maybe we should chat on the side if you have any good thoughts on what to see while we are there. We are staying right near Buckingham Palace and the Thames. Never been, so super pumped!

Good call... new thread for anyone that knows or is visiting London

Madlob75
09-10-2014, 12:30 PM
The sniping is way too easy in this game. There's no bullet drop or scope sway and your movement doesn't slow down while you're ADSing. I even looked like a pro sniper last night.

...but a lot of fun. Maybe make it a primary weapon. Running with a good assault rifle, sniper secondary and an LMG backup makes you a beast at any distance.

REMEC87
09-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Highlight of the night....figuring out how to dance and dancing with a bunch of blueberries along with Jake and Mitch

Gink
09-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Johnny, hit me up when you get online. We are few of the west coasters here and so it's hard to find some fire teams once all these east coaster and central crews buddy up, I usually get on about 8pm.

Didn't realize you were West Coast! Good to know. I'm usually not on until 10 or 10:30, but will hit you up if you're still around. For the next month or so I might also be popping on between 3pm-5pm here and there until work hours get back to normal.

Highlight of the night....figuring out how to dance and dancing with a bunch of blueberries along with Jake and Mitch

My first experiment with the PS4 share function was to catch a clip dancing at the tower. Now I just need to download the editing tool and see if I can figure out how to add in some funky beats.

Either they changed the dances, or each race has different ones. Pretty sure my Human Hunter in Beta had way better moves than my Awoken Hunter does.

Major Stains
09-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Had fun with Stains and Badge, found out Badger double jumps like Stains pilots a helicopter.:boink:

Oi....

I'll have you know, that flying a helicopter is a very complex process that requires a helicopter pilot to manipulate the helicopter flight controls in order to achieve controlled aerodynamic flight.[1] The changes made to the flight controls are transmitted mechanically to the rotor, producing aerodynamic effects on the helicopter's rotor blades which allow the helicopter to be controlled. For tilting forward and back (pitch), or tilting sideways (roll), the angle of attack of the main rotor blades is altered cyclically during rotation, creating differing amounts of lift at different points in the cycle. For increasing or decreasing overall lift, the angle of attack for all blades is collectively altered by equal amounts at the same time resulting in ascents, descents, acceleration and deceleration.:eyebrows:

And double jumps involve...er...jumping...twice! :becky:

Major Stains
09-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Anyone else wish they had a few more hours of sleep?

Yes, yes I do...

Madlob75
09-10-2014, 02:10 PM
So Ullrs.....I see you here, browsing the War Stories. Changed your mind yet?

SouthtownSlayer
09-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Oi.....I'll have you know I fell asleep after reading this

Oi....

I'll have you know,

And woke up to read this....

And double jumps involve...er...jumping...twice! :becky:

RC-1136
09-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Oi.....I'll have you know I fell asleep after reading this

And woke up to read this....

It isn't actually a double jump. It's a jump and glide.

Ullrsdog
09-10-2014, 03:06 PM
So Ullrs.....I see you here, browsing the War Stories. Changed your mind yet?

Seeing as the highlight of the night for Remec was figuring out how to dance...I'm going with no. I'd like to see some stories of what went down, how Badger screwed up again and got Beano killed. That sort of thing.

Major Stains
09-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Team MP Clans should now be live at Bungie...

Gink
09-10-2014, 04:05 PM
I think as long as you've linked your bungie.net account to your PSN or XBL account and are a member of the MP group, when you visit the group page you should see the option to set it as your PS or XB clan.

sam007
09-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Beano, Jack and myself managed to complete The Devils Lair on hard this afternoon. Took almost 60m and we managed to get it done right before I had to pick up my daughter from school.

Madlob75
09-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Played a little above my pay-grade last night and I paid for it. Joined Jake and Remec on a Venus mission. It wasn't all that difficult, I just couldn't get any kills. The only bright side was that I picked up an awesome assualt rifle. Spent most of the night on patrol just trying to level up grenades and powers. I am definitely up for some Fireteam missions tonight since I've fallen behind a little on the beginning stories.

RC-1136
09-11-2014, 07:57 AM
My Leveling Up OCD is in overdrive right now with this game. I am so obsessed with it. Not so obsessed that I would forget to pick up one of my kids, though. You'd have to be a real idiot to do that.

My only complaint so far is that I wish the fireteam could be more than 3 people.

Last night after I shut the PS4 down and went to bed I still could hear Remec saying "I'm down." over and over again.

REMEC87
09-11-2014, 08:24 AM
My Leveling Up OCD is in overdrive right now with this game. I am so obsessed with it. Not so obsessed that I would forget to pick up one of my kids, though. You'd have to be a real idiot to do that.

My only complaint so far is that I wish the fireteam could be more than 3 people.

Last night after I shut the PS4 down and went to bed I still could hear Remec saying "I'm down." over and over again.

Am I the only one who is exhausted this morning?

Level 12 strike mission on the noon with Jake and a random = impossible. I think I'll get on with the Venus missions before going back to that one.

Madlob75
09-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Level 12 strike mission on the noon with Jake and a random = impossible.

Glad I left when I did.

mechatool
09-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Seeing as the highlight of the night for Remec was figuring out how to dance...I'm going with no. I'd like to see some stories of what went down, how Badger screwed up again and got Beano killed. That sort of thing.

Last night, I fire up the game and see Beeano & Break have an open spot. They are on the moon, on the last part of a mission, and as soon as I spawn in…I see Beeano go down and Break is running from the boss.:samurai: I revive Beeano and we proceed with kicking his ass. Later in the night we attempted to play Strike-Ocean of Storms on the moon (Level 12)
and had our ass handed to us.

On a side note to Beeano and Jack….I still can't figure out why my ass hurts this morning.

REMEC87
09-11-2014, 09:41 AM
On a side note to Beeano and Break….I still can't figure out why my ass hurts this morning.

Did Beeano try to give you some if his extendz suppositories? He's been pushing them on the battlefield the last few weeks.

sam007
09-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Don't forget about the Gold Chest. Jack, Breaking and I completed the Earth 5/5 and got a lovely coloured Sparrow.

Jack and I did a Public Event on the moon. We had to defend a position with a 3/4(?)m time limit and have a signal link to 100%. It helped we had those Pike bikes and a level 20.

sureMOE
09-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Had some great games yesterday! Really going to be tough to leave this game behind, but at least being in London will make up for it! I didn't have time to hook up with any fireteams at first, so I did a bunch of crucible matches. Boy is that painful! Bungie sucks at making transitions from running to scoping to firing so if you are running and you scope up on a guy you may only fire one bullet or you may put the weapon down and start running again because you accidentally pushed in the thumb stick. I can't count how many times I went toe to toe with an enemy and pointed my weapon at the ground after engaging in a firefight. On the bright side I got at least a triple kill if not a quadruple kill with the plasma orb in a crucible match and I got two rare metals...one for winning a round in the last 30 seconds when we were down and another for killing the leader of a round 3 times in one match. Overall, I am going to be going back in there for more pain and suffering to see if I can do any better!

None of that topped listening to mechatool, Beano and Jack obsess about a camel toe on someones armor...I think they spent a good 5 minutes inspecting it! :motorboat: - camelboating:like motorboating, but with cameltoes.

TheFreak75
09-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Is that the one with the ogre chained up? I did that one yesterday with Cronam and Blondie and we got our asses kicked as well, very hard to do.
Last night, I fire up the game and see Beeano & Break have an open spot. They are on the moon, on the last part of a mission, and as soon as I spawn in…I see Beeano go down and Break is running from the boss.:samurai: I revive Beeano and we proceed with kicking his ass. Later in the night we attempted to play Strike-Ocean of Storms on the moon (Level 12)
and had our ass handed to us.

On a side note to Beeano and Jack….I still can't figure out why my ass hurts this morning.

mechatool
09-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Is that the one with the ogre chained up? I did that one yesterday with Cronam and Blondie and we got our asses kicked as well, very hard to do.
This is the one. Needless to say, I was only level 10 when we tried to beat it. I think Jack and Beeano were level 13.

Ullrsdog
09-11-2014, 01:23 PM
This is the one. Needless to say, I was only level 10 when we tried to beat it. I think Jack and Beeano were level 13.

isn't 20 the max? 2 days it's been out and you guys are more than half way to level cap?

TheFreak75
09-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey Mecha don't worry I was level 8, Blondie level 10 and Cronam level 16, everytime i shot the ogre it only took 15 from his health, and i was getting killed by one hit!

Badgerute
09-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Had some great games yesterday! Really going to be tough to leave this game behind, but at least being in London will make up for it! I didn't have time to hook up with any fireteams at first, so I did a bunch of crucible matches. Boy is that painful! Bungie sucks at making transitions from running to scoping to firing so if you are running and you scope up on a guy you may only fire one bullet or you may put the weapon down and start running again because you accidentally pushed in the thumb stick. I can't count how many times I went toe to toe with an enemy and pointed my weapon at the ground after engaging in a firefight. On the bright side I got at least a triple kill if not a quadruple kill with the plasma orb in a crucible match and I got two rare metals...one for winning a round in the last 30 seconds when we were down and another for killing the leader of a round 3 times in one match. Overall, I am going to be going back in there for more pain and suffering to see if I can do any better!

None of that topped listening to mechatool, Beano and Jack obsess about a camel toe on someones armor...I think they spent a good 5 minutes inspecting it! :motorboat: - camelboating:like motorboating, but with cameltoes.

Is the chained up ogre that has the impressive cameltoe?

mechatool
09-11-2014, 02:15 PM
isn't 20 the max? 2 days it's been out and you guys are more than half way to level cap?
Yes level 20 is the soft cap. Then you can level higher with different gear equipped to maybe level 29 or 30. I'm still enjoying the game and looking forward to leveling all 3 classes and sub classes.

sureMOE
09-11-2014, 02:16 PM
He mighta had the bullfrog going on, but I wasn't privy to the actual experience...I was too busy running useless missions because of a lack of available fireteam. :D

mechatool
09-11-2014, 02:20 PM

It's my female warlock that has the impressive camel toe. We were in the middle of a strike mission, when one of my daughter wakes up with a bad dream. I go and tend to her only to come back to Beeano and Jack violating my warlock.

sam007
09-11-2014, 02:36 PM

Only the few can fill their bucket that fast. :lol:

On another note, one of the future bounties is the Earth Strike mission and the one on the Moon.

TheFreak75
09-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Lol!!!!
it's my female warlock that has the impressive camel toe. We were in the middle of a strike mission, when one of my daughter wakes up with a bad dream. I go and tend to her only to come back to beeano and jack violating my warlock.

sureMOE
09-11-2014, 02:50 PM
The sounds they were making, alone, were painting quite a queer picture. My son woke up asking what all the ruckus was about and what does Destiny have to do with the toes of camels? I told him it was a Middle Eastern thing and sent him on his way...bullet...dodged

It's my female warlock that has the impressive camel toe. We were in the middle of a strike mission, when one of my daughter wakes up with a bad dream. I go and tend to her only to come back to Beeano and Jack violating my warlock.

mechatool
09-11-2014, 03:01 PM
The sounds they were making, alone, were painting quite a queer picture. My son woke up asking what all the ruckus was about and what does Destiny have to do with the toes of camels? I told him it was a Middle Eastern thing and sent him on his way...bullet...dodged

Lol, Awesome!!

sureMOE
09-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Lol, Awesome!!

Right?! My son is too young for the "Some People Have Two Pairs of Lips" pop-up book. He's got at least another couple years before I have to dust off that classic.

FeelinKorny
09-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Ill be ready for some MP action (X1) tonight once the kids go to bed. Im basically at the very beginning so I know next to nothing about how things work lol.

Beano
09-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Everyone ask mech to let him look at his armor. Well first off he's a she and "she" has the most giant camel toe you have ever seen.

Beantown
09-11-2014, 06:13 PM
I guess you have not seen SouthTownSlayer yet he is a she and was dancing up a storm at the tower. Attracting a lot of attention from some of the other players LOL.

sam007
09-11-2014, 06:46 PM
All this talk about "camel toe", do we need to take a number to sneak a peak now? :lol:

RC-1136
09-12-2014, 06:58 AM
Is there anyone who plays on the PS4 between 7-8:30 PM on the PS4. My son has his own PSN account and he has been struggling soloing some of the harder missions. It would be great if someone could help him out. Thanks.

REMEC87
09-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Aside from my supposed extendz rage episode as Beeano calls it, I enjoyed finishing that strike mission on the moon last night. Thanks to Beeano and Beanstwoniner for that.

Aside from that, I am starting to get a little bored with this game. Maybe I'll try some PvP tonight to see if that helps.

HardlyCapable13
09-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Aside from that, I am starting to get a little bored with this game.

That's what I'm saying. It just doesn't have any substance. Honestly if I hadn't bought it digitally I'd have sold it already.

sam007
09-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Aside from my supposed extendz rage episode as Beeano calls it, I enjoyed finishing that strike mission on the moon last night. Thanks to Beeano and Beanstwoniner for that.

Aside from that, I am starting to get a little bored with this game. Maybe I'll try some PvP tonight to see if that helps.

I wish I could have remembered where the last gold chest was for that strike mission, now we need to do it all over again.

Anyone looking forward to grinding out Vanguard XP from Patrol missions? :lol:

RC-1136
09-12-2014, 09:00 AM
I wish I could have remembered where the last gold chest was for that strike mission, now we need to do it all over again.

Count me in. There are always Bounties for them, too.

RC-1136
09-12-2014, 09:04 AM
http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428814874/2305843009215141134/50606422?_

I new Southside was stealing my kills. Damn you.

mechatool
09-12-2014, 09:21 AM

The gold chest is by a column on the lower platform from the chained beast.

SouthtownSlayer
09-12-2014, 09:23 AM
http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428814874/2305843009215141134/50606422?_

I new Southside was stealing my kills. Damn you.

I did nothing!! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) lol

mechatool
09-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Everyone ask mech to let him look at his armor. Well first off he's a she and "she" has the most giant camel toe you have ever seen.

Yeahhhh!!! What!! You know this warlock doesn't give free peek show.

TheFreak75
09-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Dude!!! Take a pic and post it on the forum.........DAMN I REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM!
Yeahhhh!!! What!! You know this warlock doesn't give free peek show.

Gink
09-12-2014, 10:41 AM

I'd just done a handful of patrols to level up for the next mission or complete bounties, but last night I looked at the armor sets on offer, so now it's inevitable I'll be grinding until I've got a matching set.

Spike Forehand
09-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Will be on tonight, starting from scratch. Dont go stealing all the kills if you join me. :)

Spike Forehand
09-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Hey Gink - how you liking that PS4?

Let me know if you want to buy AC4 off me. Will work you another deal if you're looking for another game to have on hand.

Might also let Watchdogs go, but I'm undecided cause I wouldn't mind grinding side missions some more depending on the longevity of Destiny.

sam007
09-12-2014, 06:35 PM
The more I learn about the game, the more excited I am about it after reaching level 20. The game only then begins.

Do patrols from time to time to build up your Vanguard XP, you'll need it later. (Beano's tip)

Collect the each planet's respective resource to turn into the Vanguard Quartermaster for Vanguard XP and $$$.

I'm finding Venus to be the "easier" to spot cause of the contrast. Mars is not fun at all, it looks like an old tree stump that's blended into the background.

You'll burn through a lot of low level gear, so no point "saving" it, dismantle and build up the glimmer.

The decrypting dude near the Vault, you'll need to build up XP with him as well, either from decrypting items or purchasing some off him.

Deciding how you want to build your character is the fun part.

So far, I'm loving the Hand Cannon, been using it since I found how OP it is if you can consistently get crit shots on target.

The shotgun is next in line for close encounters.

The elemental damage is interesting. Really easy to understand, if the MOB glows a certain colour, that is its elemental weakness.

Uglyduck213
09-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Another initial thumbs up here after playing the shit out of this title the last couple of days. I was worried about the longevity of the game once you hit 20 but like Beans said, thats just when it seems to get going. I've made it through most of the campaign (I think) and then hit 20. Once that happened I saw the daily and weekly "challenges" in the sidebar when you look for a location to play. It seems this is where you can earn some of the high speed gear while continuing the co-op gameplay and if I'm right, this is where the game will have some lasting power. Bungie can release some new challenges to keep the community interested assuming there are periodic map updates too. I play Crucible a couple of times yesterday and didn't care for it, but then again I was without fellow MP's on maps I've never played against gamers who have done nothing but PvP since release. This game certainly has a lot of little nuances that are fun to discover.

Also, the Strike Missions have proven to be my favorite so far. Tough co-op gameplay that have cool rewards, unlocked at 15 or 16 I think.

Major Stains
09-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Why won't this game let me sleep?
Enjoyed some good games with lots of MPs the last few nights.
As usual, I'm mic less with the occasional giggle at MPs falling down large crevasses, but thanks for putting up with the silence.
I really need to start the story, as every time I play, other MPs are on and I just join their fun.
Sorry if I stole any kills Spike, I only just saw you were in need of a boost.

Hopefully I will get on some more this weekend.

Beantown
09-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Is there anyone who plays on the PS4 between 7-8:30 PM on the PS4. My son has his own PSN account and he has been struggling soloing some of the harder missions. It would be great if someone could help him out. Thanks.

I would have no problem helping him out but I won't be on tonite until 11pm eastern I will be on saturday and sunday if you see me on Destiny send me a fire team invite will gladly help him out. Have helped Dofu Tofu and Lore777 showed them where the little Dinklages and the loot chests are. I think I am Level 9 right now but that will change tonite.

Spike Forehand
09-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Great games last night with Gink and Stains early and then Jack and Madlob later. Made it all the way to Level 10 and was still in bed not long after midnight. I appreciate you guys being willing to take the time to help on those early missions to get me leveled up.

Great co-op game. Looking forward to getting up to larger squads. I guess that happens with the later strike missions?

Still have no clue what grimoire cards and cloaks and all that stuff does. I'll go looking for a source that explains it and post a link if I find anything.

Gink
09-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Great games last night with Gink and Stains early and then Jack and Madlob later. Made it all the way to Level 10 and was still in bed not long after midnight. I appreciate you guys being willing to take the time to help on those early missions to get me leveled up.

Great co-op game. Looking forward to getting up to larger squads. I guess that happens with the later strike missions?

Still have no clue what grimoire cards and cloaks and all that stuff does. I'll go looking for a source that explains it and post a link if I find anything.

Good progress for one night! Took me all week getting in little 1-2 hour sessions to hit level 10. Was nice to get in a longer session yesterday and finally team up with some MPs. Looking forward to teaming up on strike missions and the like, as they offer bigger battles and more challenges for a full fireteam.

Spike Forehand
09-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Here's me, Jack and Lob doing the Shrine of Oryx Level 8 Mission on the Moon.

Fixed the crappy commentary at the beginning - should be much easier to hear now.

http://youtu.be/ThXc8hOjpoo

Major Stains
09-13-2014, 03:46 PM
I think it's funny that a week ago, Bungie said in an interview that during release week there will be plenty of 'tyre kickers' as they called them. Quick to dismiss the hype and lack of depth and level progression. And that players who stick with it will be rewarded with a richer experience over time.
Sure enough it looks like they are true to their word with more options being announced regularly.

Yes, it does get dull having to stomp the same ground over and over every time a team mate wants to do a level (which reminds me, I need to start the story again and do the Old Russia level for the 20th time).
But on the plus side, the gameplay is solid, there are no issues joining available MPs and plenty of weapons and other items to get stuck into.
Plus you get to laugh at SouthPaw dressed as a babe and dance the night away!

All in all it's good fun with a bunch of MPs and makes a nice change playing for more than 10 seconds before a sniper bullet pierces my skull...

HardlyCapable13
09-13-2014, 03:56 PM
plenty of weapons and other items to get stuck into.

See this I'm just not seeing. Yes there are a few different types of weapons, but just no distinction in them. Every scout rifle, for instance, feels exactly the same.

Gink
09-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Anyone know where you get weapon parts? Need 16 to upgrade my gun.

Gink
09-13-2014, 06:20 PM
See this I'm just not seeing. Yes there are a few different types of weapons, but just no distinction in them. Every scout rifle, for instance, feels exactly the same.
Of course you're not seeing it, you're not playing the game! :boink:

sam007
09-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Anyone know where you get weapon parts? Need 16 to upgrade my gun.

Dismantle unwanted green kit to get parts for blue kit. That's all I know so far. Don't worry, when you get to level 20 and do strike missions, you get lots of green kit to the point you don't know what to do with it all.

sam007
09-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Here's me, Jack and Lob doing the Shrine of Oryx Level 8 Mission on the Moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9g-RkmKXU

"eyeball" You're a level 20 already with the lingo. :lol:

Wait till you get to Mars, there's "tree stumps" and "cow pies" :lol:

Gink
09-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Dismantle unwanted green kit to get parts for blue kit. That's all I know so far. Don't worry, when you get to level 20 and do strike missions, you get lots of green kit to the point you don't know what to do with it all.
Guess I've mostly dismantled green armor, which for hunter gives some wires. I've stashed green weapons for other characters, guess I should break some down. Thanks!

Major Stains
09-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks to Snowblind for grinding out my early story missions with me.
I started on my own on hard, and that got pretty tough pretty quick.
The last mission on the Moon with the Ogre amongst other crazy stuff, was just nutso.
Good times.

I still can't get 'Team MP' to show below my name in game like Gink and SouthPaw.
And how is it 2:30 am again?

Snowblind
09-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks for all the revives Stains, I was getting impatiant near the end because I had to get going. I think we can replay them and it should go smoother.

Gink
09-13-2014, 10:09 PM
I still can't get 'Team MP' to show below my name in game like Gink and SouthPaw.
And how is it 2:30 am again?

When you go here: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/114818 Do you not see the option to Set as Playstation Clan?

When I view your profile, it doesn't look the same as some other folks. Most folks I view their profile and I see a little psn logo with their psn username, then it shows me their characters, their grimoire level, and their clan. Yours just shows me your bungie.net username, and the groups and people you follow or follow you. Is your Bungie account not linked to your PSN account maybe? Not sure if that's necessary to join a clan, but might be. They haven't been great about explaining these details. But that's my guess.

Major Stains
09-14-2014, 01:13 AM
When you go here: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/114818 Do you not see the option to Set as Playstation Clan?

When I view your profile, it doesn't look the same as some other folks. Most folks I view their profile and I see a little psn logo with their psn username, then it shows me their characters, their grimoire level, and their clan. Yours just shows me your bungie.net username, and the groups and people you follow or follow you. Is your Bungie account not linked to your PSN account maybe? Not sure if that's necessary to join a clan, but might be. They haven't been great about explaining these details. But that's my guess.

Yep, my Bungie account is linked with my PSN account and I've set the PlayStation clan as soon as the clan was activated.
It happened on the beta and I can't remember what I did to get it to finally show up.

Gink
09-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Yep, my Bungie account is linked with my PSN account and I've set the PlayStation clan as soon as the clan was activated.
It happened on the beta and I can't remember what I did to get it to finally show up.
Hmmm, weird that your profile doesn't show your psn name, or your character(s) or anything. I've seen folks suggest leaving and rejoining a clan/group to get it to show your tags in game, but not sure that's the answer, and what happens of the founder leaves a group...

Here's what I'm talking about with your profile page...

What most folks page looks like:
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q678/jgink/TeamMP/91fe60ed-c2af-4c7e-a4ec-f61716b04284_zps62cf59cf.png

What yours looks like:

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q678/jgink/TeamMP/afedb5ab-af55-46e7-a51d-fa5cf75aa323_zpsc4f4ac0d.png

Major Stains
09-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Thanks for looking into it Gink.
I'm thinking my page looks a bit different because I only go on the Bungie site with my iPad, I have a feeling it won't upload all the images unless I go on the Mac and use Chrome or similar.
When I see it, it shows the little PSN logo with my tag. Strange!

But the good news...
I left the Playstation Clan (not the group) and then joined again, and sure enough the tag is now showing. I had read that before, but wasn't sure what would happen.

Crisis diverted...as you were Guardian.

Major Stains
09-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Thanks again for holding my hand around those story levels Gink.
Very patient of you to sit through all the cut scenes again.
I certainly don't trust that Queen with the funny eyes!

Good games

Gink
09-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks again for holding my hand around those story levels Gink.
Very patient of you to sit through all the cut scenes again.
I certainly don't trust that Queen with the funny eyes!

Good games

Believe it or not, that was my first time through those missions so it worked out well!
I guess I've spent too much time screwing around on patrols, doing strikes for new loot, in the crucible clearing bounties, etc etc. I'm leveled quite a bit higher than the story missions I'm on.
I'm obviously more interested in the whole RPG levelling up, getting new gear, etc aspect of the game.
The Venus missions were a lot of fun, nice to have some new types of enemies.
Let me know when you're ready for the Level 12 Strike on the moon. It's pretty tough at the end, and I'd like to do it again. Also haven't found the loot chest at the end yet.

FeelinKorny
09-15-2014, 06:20 AM
Im only a level 13 (I think) but I still haven't figured out what dismantling weapons and gear is for. Other then it giving me currency and sometimes materials. Where do I go to use the materials? What do you make with the materials?

SouthtownSlayer
09-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Im only a level 13 (I think) but I still haven't figured out what dismantling weapons and gear is for. Other then it giving me currency and sometimes materials. Where do I go to use the materials? What do you make with the materials?

When you have the option to upgrade a weapon/armor you will use the weapon parts or when you upgrade your armor you will use your plating or items that you've harvested.

I would recommend holding off on using your materials for upgrades until you get legendary gear so you can, I would also recommend not wasting any materials on lower end gear when you start moving up in lvl and doing strikes/pvp/bounties...etc..etc you will get better gear Engrams. Focus on 20 and then get some + light gear so your lvl increases and your experience get's better.

RC-1136
09-15-2014, 07:33 AM
I should hit level 20 tonight and I have played all of the story missions. I still have to do some of the strikes on Venus and Mars. After that I'm think I'm ready to play some BF4 again. I still love the game, but I'm ready to back to grinding to level 130 on BF4 again.

Gink
09-15-2014, 08:50 AM
I quit a hair shy of 19 last night. Cleared out bounties like crazy yesterday. Still only 2 missions through Venus. Screwing myself on story mission rewards, as they are too low level for me, but having a good ol' time.

Decided to finish the night with the bounty to kill whatsit the unchained ogre or whatever. Didn't realize the game would do matchmaking for a strike and only put two players in. Hard enough to whittle that guys life down and stay alive with all the thralls, knights, and wizards with 3 players.

We got a bad start on our first shot, after unloading our heavy weapons on the guy an oddly placed shrieker and getting cornered by a mob of knights ended it fast. Somehow on the second attempt, starting with low ammo and no heavy we pulled it off. It was quite the battle.

Strikes are definitely my favorite mission types, can't wait for big ol' MP raids.

sam007
09-15-2014, 09:05 AM

What South said, but to simplify, break down green kit for blue and purple upgrades. you'll need alot of material for purple upgrades.

Break down blue kit for purple upgrades.

sam007
09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Beano, Badger and myself attempted a level 22 strike mission. (It was a Daily, forgot to mention that, there are no auto revives)

We kept getting one shot from red mobs.

No idea if its because our primary weapons are too low of rank, or a collective of gear which is not even level 22 as a whole, or the fact that we may need a Titan and their shield ability for us to take refuge to heal up. :confused:

I did manage to get a purple primary pulse rifle so getting that to max damage may make a small difference, but still hoping for a purple skill cannon.

mechatool
09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
What South said, but to simplify, break down green kit for blue and purple upgrades. you'll need alot of material for purple upgrades.

Break down blue kit for purple upgrades.

About how many weapon parts to upgrade purple? To upgrade blue weapons is around 16 parts. You get 1-2 parts when you dismantle green weapons.

sam007
09-15-2014, 09:17 AM
About how many weapon parts to upgrade purple? To upgrade blue weapons is around 16 parts. You get 1-2 parts when you dismantle green weapons.

"lots" (as a whole for all the upgrades) :lol: no point whoring green/blue items and not mention rare materials like Ascendant Shard. You'll need 6 per upgrade.

Gonna need to do some serious farming. :lol:

Gink
09-15-2014, 12:48 PM
If you fully unlock a green you can get 4 parts. 2-3 if it is partially leveled up. Worth equipping junk gear while turning in bounties or picking up mail to get them upgraded before dismantling.

I've only had 1 blue weapon so far. It took 32 parts for full upgrade, but that was 16 for first damage boost upgrade and unlocking armor penetration bullets, then 16 for a second damage upgrade. Hopefully they don't all take that many! I've got piles of sapphire wire from armor, but always short on weapon parts.

Major Stains
09-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Believe it or not, that was my first time through those missions so it worked out well!

That's a result.
I pictured you sat there bored as hell, playing through the same levels again.
Hope to catch you on again soon.

Have you enjoyed your first week with the PS4?

Gink
09-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Have you enjoyed your first week with the PS4?

Definitely! Though I've hardly touched any games besides Destiny, so am still looking forward to getting around to some 64 player BF4 and some of the SP games I have. I really like the system though, and its new and improved features. Love the new controllers, except the funny little sticks, but I'll get used to them eventually I'm sure. Love the gameplay capture ability, and being able to download/install stuff while playing something else is one of those "how did I ever live without this" features.

FeelinKorny
09-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Ive finally hit level 14. I wanted to play a bit longer so I can hit 15 and unlock another class. But I need a break for tonight lol. I think Im a bit over leveled anyway. Im level 14 and just now visited the Reef for the first time.

On a side note related to the Reef. Am I the only one who thought the Queen was kind of hot?

Gink
09-15-2014, 10:05 PM
On a side note related to the Reef. Am I the only one who thought the Queen was kind of hot?

Yup. :boink:

http://www.thevideogamegallery.com/data/thumbs/790px/0015/tVGG_15747.jpg

I think she likes her men with 4 arms anyway.

REMEC87
09-16-2014, 05:56 AM
She is hot but unfortunately she only has eyes for Beeano and his extendze. If only I could find a girl with yellow eyes...

RC-1136
09-16-2014, 07:02 AM
She is hot but unfortunately she only has eyes for Beeano and his extendze. If only I could find a girl with yellow eyes...

Find a girl with a serious drinking problem. Don't your eyes turn yellow when you have liver disease?

I thought I had an interesting war story from last night, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was. I finally played the Crucible last night. It's OK. Takes a little getting used to.

Badgerute
09-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Find a girl with a serious drinking problem. Don't your eyes turn yellow when you have liver disease?

I thought I had an interesting war story from last night, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was. I finally played the Crucible last night. It's OK. Takes a little getting used to.

Before work I played the 3 on 3 team deathmatch, only it was 2 on 2. I went 0 and 13! Both guys were higher ranked. I still think it matters what rank and weapons you have. Even if I was shooting these guys well before they started shooting back, I died. They started dancing on my corpse after every kill. Pissed me off.

RC-1136
09-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Before work I played the 3 on 3 team deathmatch, only it was 2 on 2. I went 0 and 13! Both guys were higher ranked. I still think it matters what rank and weapons you have. Even if I was shooting these guys well before they started shooting back, I died. They started dancing on my corpse after every kill. Pissed me off.

I noticed that, too. If you don't shoot first get the hell out of there. I also think your Super Recharges way too quickly. I think the MP does have some potential, though.

sam007
09-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Beano, myself and the "Stranger" passed a weekly mission. You'll need to be geared up in order to pass it. Having a defensive titan also helped alot and you need to slow down and pick when to peak.

On a side note, I wish I had not gone crazy with the dismantling, now I need to find 9 more rare fusion rifles and dismantle those for the Exotic Bounty. :Cry:

Major Stains
09-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Note to self...

...don't go taking on hard missions solo, when you're just a level 10 noobie-no mates.

And it's annoying I can't join you level 20 something's because it says the game is just too hard for me and I should run along and play with kids my own age! ;)

sam007
09-17-2014, 06:42 AM
I helped Jack last night with his 200 kills bounty mission while I farmed for loot chests and called them out when I did. Noticed some interesting things I noticed.

I did the Moon Patrol missions this morning after my son woke up around 0630 and tested my theory out. Will post "findings" in Farming topic. http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?10654-Farming&p=308628#post308628

Gink
09-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Thanks Stains and Beans for helping me complete my "Heroic" Shrine of Oryx bounty. I figured Lvl12 version would be a breeze to do solo, but those bastards were a lot tougher than I was expecting. Glad I picked up the "10 Hive Ultras or Majors" bounty as well before I headed out there, since that's what the place was crawling with!

RC-1136
09-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Beans and Southside, Thanks for helping grind through those level 24 strike missions. I'm almost at level 22 now. Need some better weapons. My pea shooters were doing no damage against those enemies. I was exhausted after those 2 strikes last night.

Madlob75
09-18-2014, 07:28 AM
I went to the Cosmodrome last night to complete the "Kill 10 Hive Ultras". I know there are a couple at the end by the lake, the area where you listen to the radio signals.......anyway. I did some exploring past that and found a tunnel that takes you to an area I hadn't seen before. It went on forever and I finally ended up to the Devil's Lair area where you destroy the Spidertank....and sure enough there was one there just roaming around. Being by myself, I high-tailed it out of there, but it just made me realize how big these areas are.

Madlob75
09-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Beans and Southside, Thanks for helping grind through those level 24 strike missions. I'm almost at level 22 now. Need some better weapons. My pea shooters were doing no damage against those enemies. I was exhausted after those 2 strikes last night.

I'm deaf after those two strikes last night...lol. Sorry I left the chat, but I couldn't hear a thing. Sounded like fun though.

RC-1136
09-18-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm deaf after those two strikes last night...lol. Sorry I left the chat, but I couldn't hear a thing. Sounded like fun though.

No problem, Lob. I know my line "Oh Shit! I'm Donw" was repeated often. I died 58 times during the 2 strikes. It would take almost a full clip of my Pulse Rifle Ammo to take down one Deng. Crazy. It was fun, but exhausting.

sam007
09-18-2014, 08:21 AM

No worries, it was funny seeing RC with his marshmallow gun doing damage to level 24 mobs. That's where all the commotion was about, if either South or myself went down, the mobs just had to look at RC and we'd wipe, so it was pretty intense at times. It took us a good 45m to complete the 2nd strike mission, not enough DPS as a group. But South has a good tactic for taking down that boss on Mars, Dust Palace.

sam007
09-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Thanks Stains and Beans for helping me complete my "Heroic" Shrine of Oryx bounty. I figured Lvl12 version would be a breeze to do solo, but those bastards were a lot tougher than I was expecting. Glad I picked up the "10 Hive Ultras or Majors" bounty as well before I headed out there, since that's what the place was crawling with!

NP, I was using my alt Warlock, would have stayed alive more often had I used my Hunter.

Gink
09-18-2014, 08:33 AM
NP, I was using my alt Warlock, would have stayed alive more often had I used my Hunter.
You and Stains both handled it well with 11's. Pretty sure I got my lvl 20 ass killed 3 times in about 45 seconds making dumb mistakes in the boss fight.

SouthtownSlayer
09-18-2014, 11:48 AM
RC - "OH SHIT"
NPC Voice - "GUARDIAN DOWN"
Beans/Southtown - "LOL, Incoming Revive RC"
RC - Thanks

Rinse / Repeat story x54

End of War Story!!!

Madlob75
09-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Who's up for some PvP tonight? Go in as a six-man fireteam and check it out. I haven't played it since the beta so I'm interested in seeing all the maps and game modes.

SouthtownSlayer
09-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Who's up for some PvP tonight? Go in as a six-man fireteam and check it out. I haven't played it since the beta so I'm interested in seeing all the maps and game modes.

I'm game....what time EST?

mechatool
09-18-2014, 12:26 PM

Count me in. I played 5-8 matches and really enjoyed PvP (much better than I thought I would). Its fits my style better of run and gun.

On second thought….Count me out….I didn't know South was game too! LOL.

REMEC87
09-18-2014, 01:52 PM

I'd be down too.

Madlob75
09-18-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm game....what time EST?

Depends on when I can get the women and children to bed and go looking for glimmer. 9:45ish.....(2145 in Southtown-ese or 1:45 Zulu tomorrow)

Ullrsdog
09-18-2014, 02:36 PM

I hear :blabla: :blabla: then I get :bored: and I go back to :fish2:

Madlob75
09-18-2014, 02:55 PM

$60 will cure your pain. I'm still shocked the master of stats has not gone all orb crazy. How else are we supposed to know how many seconds until the next wave of baddies, or the probability of loot chests in a specific area based on the number of players and the time of day in eastern servers.

mechatool
09-18-2014, 03:56 PM

Come on Dog…Go ahead and pick the game up! I'm not a fan of Halo and therefore I didn't expect to like the game. The shooting mechanics are great and the couple of PvP matches I played were enjoyable. Coming from a CoD background, a run and gun style works well in Destiny PvP. I think you would like the game.

Ullrsdog
09-18-2014, 04:10 PM
$60 will cure your pain. I'm still shocked the master of stats has not gone all orb crazy. How else are we supposed to know how many seconds until the next wave of baddies, or the probability of loot chests in a specific area based on the number of players and the time of day in eastern servers.

:laugh: that alone now make me tempted :laugh:

SouthtownSlayer
09-18-2014, 04:55 PM

Holy crap man!! I'm sorry, it was probably me and my ear blowing microphone level, I know I can get a bit loud when I play but didn't realize that my mic level was set to eardrum explosion! after reading this I was wondering if it was me that was part of / or the problem so I checked my mic level settings and nearly freaking went deaf when testing it out! It's lowered now and please in the future if I'm playing with one of you assholes and hurting your ears please let me know I need to turn my loud ass down! Again, sorry to those who've had to deal with me and my loud ass!

Peace, love, and F you RC!!! :becky:

TonkaToys
09-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Thanks BeanTown for helping me out on that strike last night. It took forever; I think I managed to get to bed at 2.30am.

I was surprised the other dude stuck around so long. Some other fella abandoned ship after his first death and he was the highest ranking player.

Spike Forehand
09-19-2014, 05:37 AM

See you soon. :cavalry:

Spike Forehand
09-19-2014, 06:46 AM
Great times last night with Lore and Grandpa. Deep into the Mars missions and on the verge of getting Level 20. Continue to be impressed with how the game brings you along and keeps throwing more and harder enemies at you in kind of a perfect accelerating pace. The maps and the firefight areas are all really well designed.

We also played a crucible match, which wasn't as bad as I remember the beta being, but still soul-crushing regardless. Way too COD-ish for my taste. My 52-year old reflexes just don't have it in them to win many 1-on-1 gunfights with people 1/4th my age. I like that there were some vehicles in there though.

Madlob75
09-19-2014, 07:14 AM
Did a little farming last night and ended up with a legendary fusion rifle from a blue engram, a little bit better helmet and boots, and a ton of plasteen and weapons parts from all the scraps. Sorry Spike that I seemed to leave right as you got there. I had some time to kill before dinner and I was just ending when you came in. Mecha and I went back to that spot later and had some luck. We kept killing the knight though and had to keep starting over.....guess he couldn't handle our swagger. Crucible games last night we good I thought. Battlefield it is not, but that's a good thing. I thought our fireteam did ok considering our nooby factor was pretty high. After that we were going to try the VoG, but Mecha and Grandpa got carded at the door so we had to leave.

RC-1136
09-19-2014, 07:16 AM
http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428814874/2305843009215141134/166382853?_

I actually managed to have a positive KDR in this match. First time ever.

sam007
09-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Yeah, PvP, not my thing, the time to kill, and run and gun, just does not permit "precise" shooting when they're jumping all over the place and getting hulk smashed or nova bombed. I don't get too excited about getting PvP kills but last night, it was enjoyable when they would eat my blade. :lol:

But I just handed in another daily bounty and got another exotic weapon bounty. This time I'll research the ones at my disposal and pick the appropriate one. :lol:

sam007
09-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I was doing the Venus Patrol Bounty and it brought me to the first stage of the Vault of Glass, 6 players were already attempting to open the Spire, so I decided to help out to see what it was all about. Even being the 7th player there, it was not a walk in the park but did get an idea of what is going on. Will post in Vault of Glass thread.

Major Stains
09-20-2014, 06:34 AM
Thanks to Southtown and Tonka for the games last night, and a very quick kill feast on Mars with Spike.
Not sure copious amounts of ale combine too well with trying to play Destiny, but it was fun all the same.
Tonka must have been crying with laughter watching me try to get my drunk ass up to that chest on the ledge...7th time lucky!

I still don't know what to do with all the items like special coins etc?
At one point, I think Southtown wanted me to look at his coin purse!!!
But that's another story...

Madlob75
09-20-2014, 08:14 AM
Damn Harry Potters with their dark arts. We ALMOST had it. My palms were sweaty. Even though we didn't complete the strike, it was fun. Thanks for the good times Remec and Badger.

Beano
09-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Well I've just about completed the crucible grind for the exotic hand cannon. Turns out dinsdale was also struggling on this so we worked together. I managed to jump from 100 points up to 468 out if 500. Finally started having some good games and pulled my kdr into the positive side woot.

TonkaToys
09-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Well I've just about completed the crucible grind for the exotic hand cannon. Turns out dinsdale was also struggling on this so we worked together. I managed to jump from 100 points up to 468 out if 500. Finally started having some good games and pulled my kdr into the positive side woot.

Well done mate. Nice to see Dins lurking around, even if he doesn't come here any more.

Major Stains
09-23-2014, 12:32 PM
I thought I'd better clear the air and just confirm that it wasn't me that was the first player to reach level 30, just in case you were wondering! :ar15::bounce:

sam007
09-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Jack, such a lucky guy, gets a purple engram, only to get an exotic piece of chest armour.

We played a few story missions for him to complete his story then played a level 24 strike vanguard mission.

Madlob75
09-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Are there missions that will get you exotic gear? I heard you talking about disassembling blue fusion rifles for an exotic hand cannon. Is that from bounties or something else?

mechatool
09-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Are there missions that will get you exotic gear? I heard you talking about disassembling blue fusion rifles for an exotic hand cannon. Is that from bounties or something else?

In other news, today marks the first day The Queen's Wrath event is available. Her emissary is in The Tower throwing new bounties your way, along with "challenging mission modes". It's apparently be worth doing, with Unique Legendary and Rare Gear set to go to participants.

Anybody wants to join me for the Queen's missions tonight?

johnnyh1976
09-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Made it to level 21 last night grinding with one of my co-workers. Got a purple engram got it decoded for a blue leg armour......was hoping for a purple helmet.

Have not yet farmed the earth cave.....but made it to level 21 after 4 strike missions and 2 matches in the crucible. Having a blast for the last 2 weeks.

sam007
09-23-2014, 05:11 PM

It is an exotic weapon bounty, but its gone stale for me, have not gotten a single blue fusion rifle in a long time, 5/10 right now.

I don't know of any specific mission to get exotic gear besides getting lucky with the strange coin which can get your exotic gear from the Xur.

sam007
09-23-2014, 05:19 PM
In other news, today marks the first day The Queen's Wrath event is available. Her emissary is in The Tower throwing new bounties your way, along with "challenging mission modes". It's apparently be worth doing, with Unique Legendary and Rare Gear set to go to participants.

Anybody wants to join me for the Queen's missions tonight?

I saw that this morning, just more stuff to grind. :lol:

Hopefully I can get on after I get out of the doghouse tonight. :lol:

Major Stains
09-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the games Gink, sure helped having you as wing man as my little pea shooter still seems in adequate against the bosses.

Gink
09-25-2014, 02:37 AM
Anyone got any tips for getting kills in crucible with void damage as a hunter? Don't seem to have any skills or nades that do void damage unlike the other classes. I've got rare fusion, sniper, rocket, and machine guns with void damage but feel like trying to rack up kills with those I'll be dying more than killing and not amass 500 points anytime soon.

Madlob75
09-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Last night was fun, but it could have been much better. Finished two Wrath missions, a couple of purple engrams, cryptarch packages. I ended up with legendary chest armor and helmet that I already had...fail. An exotic gauntlet for the Warlock class and legendary boots for the Hunter class.....fail. Guess I'm stuck at 25 for now. I'm going to spend tonight loot caving and farming iron to get ready for the VoG this weekend. I may not even bother with the Queen's missions depending on the bounties.

RC-1136
09-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Last night was fun, but it could have been much better. Finished two Wrath missions, a couple of purple engrams, cryptarch packages. I ended up with legendary chest armor and helmet that I already had...fail. An exotic gauntlet for the Warlock class and legendary boots for the Hunter class.....fail. Guess I'm stuck at 25 for now. I'm going to spend tonight loot caving and farming iron to get ready for the VoG this weekend. I may not even bother with the Queen's missions depending on the bounties.

Gray's Anatomy and Parenthood are on tonight so I get to play all night. 2 of the queens bounty's are to beat the eye at the end of the devils lair and that Riskis guy in the short mission in the Cosmodome. The other 3 are PVP bounties.

TonkaToys
09-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Gray's Anatomy and Parenthood are on tonight so I get to play all night. 2 of the queens bounty's are to beat the eye at the end of the devils lair and that Riskis guy in the short mission in the Cosmodome. The other 3 are PVP bounties.

:biggrin: laughed at how your schedule (like mine) is dictated by the other half's viewing predilections.

Did the Eye this morning - will be hitting Riksis tonight hopefully. Still a lowly level 20 though.

RC-1136
09-25-2014, 01:03 PM
My kids are off from school so I had my 7 y/o beat the Devil's Lair for me. I already have 1 ticket to the Queen's wrath. Hooah.

theczech99
09-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Thanks Spike for joining me tonight! I was playing Destiny remotely on the Vita when I thought I saw Spike. I had to pause to see for sure since the screen is so small. Once I realized it was him I killed the Vita to continue with the controller. I'm very impressed at how fluid the transition works.

I did learn that a level 4 player can only take one hit from a level 8 enemy.

Spike Forehand
09-26-2014, 05:33 AM
Thanks Spike for joining me tonight! I was playing Destiny remotely on the Vita when I thought I saw Spike. I had to pause to see for sure since the screen is so small. Once I realized it was him I killed the Vita to continue with the controller. I'm very impressed at how fluid the transition works.

I did learn that a level 4 player can only take one hit from a level 8 enemy.

Yeah - was great to run with you again Czech.

Bit of a fail on my part taking us to the loot cave. Read today that Bungie had patched it so enemies only spawn there every 40 seconds instead of 6 seconds like it used to be - LOL.

Spike Forehand
09-26-2014, 05:36 AM

Goes to show what a dumbshit I am. I think I ran both of those missions last night with Czech and hadn't picked up the bounties -DOH!

Major Stains
09-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the games Snowblind.
After I spent a while joining you at the loot doorway, I read that I had to be level 20 or above to benefit...Doh!

Random moment of the night was kicking a football around The Tower!!!
Weird.
(I'm trying to upload the picture, but Tinypic or the Team MP site isn't letting me)

Spike Forehand
09-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Saw you guys doing Vault of Glass last night. How'd it go?

REMEC87
09-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Saw you guys doing Vault of Glass last night. How'd it go?

It was 5 hours of stress/frustration, and fun. We called in at around 2 am on the last part....will take it up tonight at the same time.

FYI - if Beeano asks you to jump off a cliff, don't do it, it's a trick :)

FeelinKorny
09-27-2014, 11:24 AM
I swear one of these days Im going to get some Destiny action with the X1 folk. Im still a level 15 warlock. I played it for a few minutes today but damn Minecraft. I really want to play some Destiny but Minecraft always sneaks it.

Gink
09-27-2014, 11:29 AM
I apparently did something to piss off the Traveller yesterday. 4 hour session and for the first time in the game I didn't make any noticeable progress or get a single item better than what I already had.

1 Hour working on a "Complete 5 Matches of Clash" bounty + Exotic Weapon "500 Void Kill points". Started with 111 points, ended with 65.
Thought I'd do the level 24 Vanguard Strike playlist for marks + loot. Playing a "random" strike turned out to be devil's lair, over and over again. Loot was level 16 rares at best.
3 Runs on the daily heroic story mission, not a single loot reward. Plus my third run I hit a public event on the way to skywatch, got 4 marks for gold on it, then received 0 marks instead of 5 for completing the mission.
Got the Cryptarch up to level 7. Went to grab my mail. Instead of the usual 2 decoherent 1 legendary engram only received 2 rare loot engrams for some more throwaways.
Finished up hunting spirit blooms on Venus. Most successful portion of the session. I saw a spirit bloom, I picked the spirit bloom, I got a spirit bloom in my inventory.

sam007
09-27-2014, 06:25 PM
It was 5 hours of stress/frustration, and fun. We called in at around 2 am on the last part....will take it up tonight at the same time.

FYI - if Beeano asks you to jump off a cliff, don't do it, it's a trick :)

Yeah, but it was a fun 5 hours, especially the platform jumping stage. :lol:

There were many memorable moments last night.

You taking orders from Beano without hesitation. RC trying to make the platform jump under pressure. Guys getting pushed off. Running around trying to figure out what to do, not having enough ammo. Blowing oneself up while detained. Avoiding the Gorgons. :lol:

sam007
09-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Good attempts last night for VoG, only to realize we're light on the DPS as a group.

Like Beano mentioned before, the sure way to get purple gear is doing the Strike Playlist to gain XP and Marks. Its a grind, but you know you'll get a piece of kit which suites you.

Southtown mentioned his son and MadyB complete missions together, its makes the farming and grinding go by a lot faster.

Late, late, late in the night, Beano, Mitch and myself attempted the Weekly Nightfall and it was thanks to Mitch's little hidie hole and Beano's clutch kill that gave us the pass. That strike mission is definitely worth doing each week when you're ready. Its not gonna be easy thats for sure.

Major Stains
09-28-2014, 10:05 AM
My iPad has decided to work again, so I do have proof that it wasn't a beer fueled Destiny/ FIFA hallucination....

There is football in the future!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2nrq882.jpg

Spike Forehand
09-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Good times again last night running Queen's Wrath missions with Grandpa, Epic, and Lore. We also dropped in on new MP Fencehead for a mission too. Good times.

I was able to go all the way from 22 to 24 by picking up a legendary helmet in the first mission and a legendary chest piece in the second. Super sweet. We played a couple of more, but alas no boots or gauntlets.

As you face a lot more higher-powered enemies, the game definitely demands more patience and tactics - I'm really enjoying that part of it.

I still am not clear on what types of weapons cause damage against what type of enemies and that causes me some frustration as I may not be carrying all the right weapon types. It really became clear when we were battling a horde of Level 24 psions with the blue cloud around them. I couldn't seem to come up with the right weapon to cause them any damage at all.

I'm gonna go in search of a youtube video that explains it better but if anyone knows of one please post.

Spike Forehand
09-28-2014, 10:29 AM
My iPad has decided to work again, so I do have proof that it wasn't a beer fueled Destint/ FIFA hallucination....

There is football in the future!

Stains - shocked and horrified at your stunning lack of cultural sensitivity. Please try to learn the difference:

The one on the left is a SOCCER BALL - the one on the right is a FOOTBALL.

http://www.fieldgoalkicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/football-vs-soccer-ball.jpg

sam007
09-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Good times again last night running Queen's Wrath missions with Grandpa, Epic, and Lore. We also dropped in on new MP Fencehead for a mission too. Good times.

I was able to go all the way from 22 to 24 by picking up a legendary helmet in the first mission and a legendary chest piece in the second. Super sweet. We played a couple of more, but alas no boots or gauntlets.

As you face a lot more higher-powered enemies, the game definitely demands more patience and tactics - I'm really enjoying that part of it.

I still am not clear on what types of weapons cause damage against what type of enemies and that causes me some frustration as I may not be carrying all the right weapon types. It really became clear when we were battling a horde of Level 24 psions with the blue cloud around them. I couldn't seem to come up with the right weapon to cause them any damage at all.

I'm gonna go in search of a youtube video that explains it better but if anyone knows of one please post.

The elemental damage will make more sense after this hopefully.

http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?10684-Weekly-Nightfall-Strike

Spike, make sure you're doing the Daily Heroic Story, the Weekly Heroic Strike as they drop upgrade material and strange coins for even better gear.

There is a lot to this game and it just gets deeper as you level up some more. My guess is the ultimate goal is level 30, so you can take on the level 30 Raids. (from what i heard, so don't hold me to it)

Gink
09-28-2014, 11:53 AM
What's the best way to get ascendants? I hit 27 and have lots of upgrades left to do on my armor/weapons.

I should end this week with 77 marks left over, be able to get to 150 after the reset and pick a new gun from the vanguard arms dealer. My exotic bounty for thorn is mocking me, but not going to burn myself out grinding crucible without a decent void weapon.

What's the best use for motes? Spent my strange coins on my "knucklehead radar" helmet, but have 25 or so motes

Major Stains
09-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Stains - shocked and horrified at your stunning lack of cultural sensitivity. Please try to learn the difference:

The one on the left is a SOCCER BALL - the one on the right is a FOOTBALL.

http://www.fieldgoalkicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/football-vs-soccer-ball.jpg

Lol.. No no no, the one on the right is a throwball...

It is widely known that around the year 2645, during the Golden Age, the Traveler forbid the use of the word soccer until the end of time.
And all funny shaped balls were made round in the image of the Traveler...here endeth the lesson!

REMEC87
09-28-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm level 27 but just by a lady's pubic hair as RC would put it :)

RC-1136
09-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah, but it was a fun 5 hours, especially the platform jumping stage. :lol:

There were many memorable moments last night.

You taking orders from Beano without hesitation. RC trying to make the platform jump under pressure. Guys getting pushed off. Running around trying to figure out what to do, not having enough ammo. Blowing oneself up while detained. Avoiding the Gorgons. :lol:

It was fun, but very challenging. I am the worst platformer ever. I'm still exhausted from the first night.

sam007
09-29-2014, 07:14 AM
What's the best way to get ascendants? I hit 27 and have lots of upgrades left to do on my armor/weapons.

I should end this week with 77 marks left over, be able to get to 150 after the reset and pick a new gun from the vanguard arms dealer. My exotic bounty for thorn is mocking me, but not going to burn myself out grinding crucible without a decent void weapon.

What's the best use for motes? Spent my strange coins on my "knucklehead radar" helmet, but have 25 or so motes

Daily Heroic Story missions, do the hardest level if possible to get 2X the Ascendent material.

Your first Public Event can also give you one, if you're lucky.

The Raid also gives Ascendent material, dismantling Exotic armour.

Use the Mote of Light to get exotic engram, its worth 500 XP when you decrypt it with the Cryptark.

RC-1136
09-29-2014, 07:40 AM
https://games.yahoo.com/news/call-duty-destiny-servers-downed-085800143.html

A-hole hackers. They cost me a completed strike last night without me dying. I lost connection with about a minute left.

Major Stains
09-29-2014, 02:13 PM
https://games.yahoo.com/news/call-duty-destiny-servers-downed-085800143.html

A-hole hackers. They cost me a completed strike last night without me dying. I lost connection with about a minute left.

Lizard Squad has not explained reasons for its attack, though days before it wrote on Twitter: " We're predicting a lot of mad gamers this weekend".

My question is how do they have the time to orchestrate these attacks in between going to school and spanking the monkey over Justin Bieber posters?

TonkaToys
09-29-2014, 03:21 PM
That's the emergency button for when mum comes in.

Oh Justin, ohh Justin...
-door opens, mad rush to pull up trousers

Uh Hi mum just hacking destiny

FeelinKorny
09-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Any X1 players still really active? Im about to hit level 18 and I want to do some strikes with peeps and level up and what not.

johnnyh1976
09-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Any X1 players still really active? Im about to hit level 18 and I want to do some strikes with peeps and level up and what not.

I'm fairly active on this one. Will be bouncing back and forth between Destiny, Forza, and BF4 for the next little while. Would love to fire up in a party for some strikes and other game types.

FeelinKorny
09-30-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm fairly active on this one. Will be bouncing back and forth between Destiny, Forza, and BF4 for the next little while. Would love to fire up in a party for some strikes and other game types.

Good good. I played for a few minutes with HC (who thinks Destiny is the best game ever) while free roaming. But I want some legit peep action.

HardlyCapable13
09-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Good good. I played for a few minutes with HC (who thinks Destiny is the best game ever) while free roaming. But I want some legit peep action.

Yeah....about that...

Gink
09-30-2014, 11:31 PM
I want some legit peep action.

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/files/2008/03/peeps.jpg

FeelinKorny
10-01-2014, 06:21 AM

Dude.....that was amazing.

sam007
10-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Less than 25% to kill off the Boss for this weeks Nightfall, only to have my internet crap out and leave Beano and Dins hanging around. I hope they at least got to complete the Nightfall. I thought it was the usual PSN going down or Destiny server. After I tried to get on the internet to check, that's when I clued in and tried everything possible to see if all I needed was a modem or router reset.

That did not get me back in the game so I called it an early night.

HardlyCapable13
10-01-2014, 08:21 AM

Well played sir.

mechatool
10-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Less than 25% to kill off the Boss for this weeks Nightfall, only to have my internet crap out and leave Beano and Dins hanging around. I hope they at least got to complete the Nightfall. I thought it was the usual PSN going down or Destiny server. After I tried to get on the internet to check, that's when I clued in and tried everything possible to see if all I needed was a modem or router reset.

That did not get me back in the game so I called it an early night.

I can run this with you tonight.

sam007
10-01-2014, 10:10 AM
I can run this with you tonight.

If you're not level 28 with near max damage with your primary and the correct elemental damage, purple and red/orange, also as close to max damage as possible, but minimum 250 damage, you won't survive.

If you cannot even survive the Weekly Heroic, you won't stand a chance in Nightfall.

For poops and giggles, we can try, but don't expect to survive if you peak too long. :lol:

Gink
10-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the games Beans, sorry I was totally strategically unprepared for the Nightfall. Was quite the learning experience, appreciated the tactics pointes.

sam007
10-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the games Beans, sorry I was totally strategically unprepared for the Nightfall. Was quite the learning experience, appreciated the tactics pointes.

np, playing from the middle of the platform, not a good idea, you're exposed to too many angles and makes it really hard to get revived. The ramps at least provide some cover. I keep forgetting I can go stealth.

Gink
10-02-2014, 01:13 PM
np, playing from the middle of the platform, not a good idea, you're exposed to too many angles and makes it really hard to get revived. The ramps at least provide some cover. I keep forgetting I can go stealth.

That strike came up again in the playlist later last night, so got some more practice in sticking to the ends of the ramps. Only had a few challenges with the mobs that spawn out the doors, but that probably would have been less an issue with a fireteam that was communicating, and all using the same strategy than it was with randoms doing random things.

Spike Forehand
10-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I think you guys might be talking about the boss that me, Lore, and Grandpa just couldn't beat last night in the Weekly Heroic Strike.

If so, it's the one with the dude who fires both rockets and lasers and who spawns at one end of the room, stands there for a bit, and then moves down the middle to the other end of the room. On each side are platforms that you can either traverse across the top or across the bottom.

We had one try where we got him about 1/3 of the way down, but we kept getting slaughtered by all the additional enemies that would spawn from doors on the sides.

I did notice that he seemed susceptible to grenade damage.

We finally gave up after like 4 tries cause it was getting late. We were all level 25's, so I think we were still a little underpowered and we also had severe ammo shortage problems from having to take out the guy in the tank just before that.

Anyone know the name of that strike? I wanna look up some youtube tips.

Gink
10-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Anyone know the name of that strike? I wanna look up some youtube tips.

Dust Palace maybe? Unless that's the other mars one with the flayers...

Like Beans said, staying at the end/ramp opposite the boss works better than trying to take cover up on the platforms. I'd always snipe from behind the crates, but that method falls apart at higher levels.
I usually just snipe the guy in the head over and over between the rounds of fighting off mobs.

Spike Forehand
10-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Picked up an exotic sniper rifle playing the strike playlist. Damn if that thing isn't badass. Ammo auto-re spawns after a short cool down so you basically never run out. Pretty awesome.

RC-1136
10-03-2014, 06:52 AM
XUR is selling an exotic pulse rifle this weekend. Damn. I wanted a fusion rifle.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/xur-destiny-week/

He is actually kind of useless to me. Unless I get the engram, the only other thing I can buy is the gauntlets. The ones I have now have more defense and light and they are even leveled all the way up. Not sure it's worth it.

Gink
10-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Picked up an exotic sniper rifle playing the strike playlist. Damn if that thing isn't badass. Ammo auto-re spawns after a short cool down so you basically never run out. Pretty awesome.
Ice Breaker? I got mine from the cryptarch the other night, it's pretty sweet. Wrecks the solar shield wizards and centurions. Its going to make it hard to choose what to equip once I have an exotic primary.

sureMOE
10-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Xur screwed me out of 23 motes of light, what an ass. I have ZERO desires for a freakin' dumb ass Titan helmet that I can't even trade to my friends...stupid Bungie. Should have saved for for one of those fancy armbands instead. :(

Madlob75
10-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Xur screwed me out of 23 motes of light, what an ass. I have ZERO desires for a freakin' dumb ass Titan helmet that I can't even trade to my friends...stupid Bungie. Should have saved for for one of those fancy armbands instead. :(

You converted 23 motes of light to ascendent shards...good trade if you ask me.

RC-1136
10-03-2014, 12:07 PM

You can disassaemble to Exotic gear for shards? I might have to try that.

REMEC87
10-03-2014, 12:20 PM
You can disassaemble to Exotic gear for shards? I might have to try that.

I didn't know exotic could be broken down to ascendant material....interesting

Spike Forehand
10-03-2014, 01:12 PM

Haven't bought anything from him yet, but sounds like Xur is like the freakin' cable company.

Can we get a little competition going up in this bitch Bungie?

Spike Forehand
10-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Ice Breaker? I got mine from the cryptarch the other night, it's pretty sweet. Wrecks the solar shield wizards and centurions. Its going to make it hard to choose what to equip once I have an exotic primary.

Yeah - that's it. It basically one-shotted anything that didn't have a shield in the Level 22 strike that I was running through with Czech.

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz281/spike4hand/icebreaker_zps57900fba.jpg

Gink
10-03-2014, 02:51 PM

How many shards do you get out of an exotic? I've got 50+ motes and it seems like Xur is one offering non-cosmetic items for them. Figured I might get exotics useless to me, but will have to make the decision between stashing for new characters later, or breaking down into shards, since I seem to get 1 shard to every 5 energies these days.

Kind of sucks that queen's wrath legendaries no longer break down to shards. I guess it made shards too easy to get, but without that, there's basically no point in doing queen's wrath missions. The bounties are only good if I've got nothing else to do. Get a bit of experience. But the rep doesn't go to my faction, the diplomat sells basically nothing useful, and it's a lot of work for legendary chest and helmet armor that's no better than what I have and only breaks down to normal material.

Yeah - that's it. It basically one-shotted anything that didn't have a shield in the Level 22 strike that I was running through with Czech.

Yup, I ran quite a few level 24 strikes with it yesterday and was mightily impressed. Can't wait to get its damage bumped up, and unlock the perk to make enemies combust for area damage.

Gink
10-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Heh. Bought 2 exotic engrams from Xur. Received an exotic helmet for each of the classes I'm not. Is it Xur or the Cryptarch being a dick?

Major Stains
10-05-2014, 03:19 AM
Thanks to Grandpa and Busy for hand holding me and my BB gun through Mars.
I made the mistake of trying my Hunters other profile during the end of one level...big mistake.
And glad Busy joined me in the Black Garden as that would have been tough on my own.
Cheers guys.

sam007
10-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Finally!

Upon seeing the snap shot, I should have stood over to the left on my screen, so I'm not right in the middle. :lol:

RC-1136
10-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Finally!

Upon seeing the snap shot, I should have stood over to the left on my screen, so I'm not right in the middle. :lol:

Looks good. It feels great to finally pop our VOG cherry. I can finally relax.

REMEC87
10-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Finally!

Congrats guys! I wish I could have been a part of it but just happy TeamMP beat it.

If there is anyone else who wants to run VoG, let me know; maybe we can do a run through later this week.

SouthtownSlayer
10-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Not sure what else was looted from Atheon, I received the below:

Shader
Atheon's Epilogue (http://destinydb.com/items/3074713346-atheons-epilogue#1.MMv4Um38)

RC-1136
10-07-2014, 08:43 AM

Shader
Atheon's Epilogue (http://destinydb.com/items/3074713346-atheons-epilogue#1.MMv4Um38)

I got the Vision of Confluence.

http://destinydb.com/items/2149012811-vision-of-confluence#1.MmFFufm8

RC-1136
10-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Congrats guys! I wish I could have been a part of it but just happy TeamMP beat it.

If there is anyone else who wants to run VoG, let me know; maybe we can do a run through later this week.

I definitely want to run it again. I would like to run it straight through one time.

I'm just happy my router didn't crap out on me during our run last night. I have a Belkin Router. They did some kind of update that didn't work. (Maybe they are partners with Dice). I called Comcast today and they said they've had a bunch of complaints from people using Belkin Routers. I've tried to get in touch with Belkin with no luck. F them. I'm going to Best Buy at lunch and buying the Apple Router. The only thin that we have that does not run Apple software is our gaming systems.

Madlob75
10-07-2014, 09:13 AM
I only got the shader and some ascendant.

RC-1136
10-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I only got the shader and some ascendant.

Still better than Beano. He got the rock this time.

SouthtownSlayer
10-07-2014, 09:31 AM
I definitely want to run it again. I would like to run it straight through one time.

I'm just happy my router didn't crap out on me during our run last night. I have a Belkin Router. They did some kind of update that didn't work. (Maybe they are partners with Dice). I called Comcast today and they said they've had a bunch of complaints from people using Belkin Routers. I've tried to get in touch with Belkin with no luck. F them. I'm going to Best Buy at lunch and buying the Apple Router. The only thin that we have that does not run Apple software is our gaming systems.

I had a Belkin and freaking hated it, went to the Post Exchange and bought a Netgear router and freakin glove it, I have so much control of my network (i.e. when my kids do dumb shit I block the MAC for all their electronics and they have to figure out which book they want to read). Like I posted on the sign-up, I'm game for tonight as long as we start on time!

Ullrsdog
10-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Finally!

HOLY CRAP!!! talk about ultra GAY!!! Nice work guys, looks like a pretty intense sequence to play through.

sam007
10-07-2014, 09:57 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! talk about ultra GAY!!! Nice work guys, looks like a pretty intense sequence to play through.

Don't knock it until you try it. :lol:

It was a matter of execution after we figured out what tactic to run, when we finally went with Relic holder, puts up a bubble and inside team DPS while in the bubble, it worked. Made my job easier from then on, just take out mobs, cleanse, teleport, cleanse some more, jump to island, bubble up, give inside team the 5s warning, jump back, wait to teleport, rinse and repeat.

We actually were down to 0s for Time's Vengeance, which means, it was time to get teleported again.

Ullrsdog
10-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Don't knock it until you try it. :lol:

It was a matter of execution after we figured out what tactic to run, when we finally went with Relic holder, puts up a bubble and inside team DPS while in the bubble, it worked. Made my job easier from then on, just take out mobs, cleanse, teleport, cleanse some more, jump to island, bubble up, give inside team the 5s warning, jump back, wait to teleport, rinse and repeat.

We actually were down to 0s for Time's Vengeance, which means, it was time to get teleported again.

We'll see...16 days until I close on my house and then we'll see where our budget sits over the next few weeks. Then I'll know if I am able to spend on some non-essentials.

mechatool
10-07-2014, 10:51 AM
We'll see...16 days until I close on my house and then we'll see where our budget sits over the next few weeks. Then I'll know if I am able to spend on some non-essentials.

See you on Destiny in a few weeks!!

sam007
10-07-2014, 11:00 AM
See you on Destiny in a few weeks!!

Happy grinding. :lol:

sam007
10-07-2014, 11:09 AM

Shader

Chief goes from no loot to something most desired for that damn Thorn hand cannon bounty.

BTW, did the vanishing platform jumping give you a bad experience? The inside team was all suppose to go to the middle island, ya know. :lol:

All I got was the shader and some Ascendent material, which is fine by me.

REMEC87
10-08-2014, 07:06 AM
After VoG last night, I decided to stay up and be part of a bean salad to do the nightfall and regular weekly. We also did the daily heroic.

I was instrumental in my teams victories when I found a great vantage point when trying to escape the wrath of the last boss. Sometimes having a smaller DPS works :)

PS: my DPS is still a very adequate size...never got any complaints :)

RC-1136
10-08-2014, 08:07 AM
After VoG last night, I decided to stay up and be part of a bean salad to do the nightfall and regular weekly. We also did the daily heroic.

I was instrumental in my teams victories when I found a great vantage point when trying to escape the wrath of the last boss. Sometimes having a smaller DPS works :)

Wow. You were up way past your bed time. I'm exhausted and almost killed the carpool by almost falling asleep at the wheel this morning.

That VOG run was pretty epic if you ask me. It took us about an hour and a half. I don't think we wiped until we got spotted in the Gorgon Labyrinth.

I got some sweet swag, too. I got 5 ascendant shards, 3 ascendant energies, the Ice Breaker Sniper Rifle and the Found Verdict Shotgun which has an auto fire upgrade.

I need to finish the Nightfal Strike, but want to run the weekly heroic at the very least tonight since there is a bounty for it. I also have to do some serious farming to upgrade what I have now. I turning into a DPS whore.

sam007
10-08-2014, 08:11 AM

Its named after you now Remec, its forever known as Remec's Pearch. :lol:

Nightfall, you have to find hidie holes or you won't survive the onslaught of mobs and their shields.

From what I'm getting, each stage in our progress to level 30 doing bounties, nightfall, raids, is to build up our skills so we avoid dying. You cannot have a death on hard mode for VoG.

SouthtownSlayer
10-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Chief goes from no loot to something most desired for that damn Thorn hand cannon bounty.

BTW, did the vanishing platform jumping give you a bad experience? The inside team was all suppose to go to the middle island, ya know. :lol:

All I got was the shader and some Ascendent material, which is fine by me.

Got the following last night...

Atheon's Epilogue (wish items were tradeable)
Found Verdict (http://destinydb.com/items/892741686-found-verdict#1.MmQcRoQ8)
Corrective Measure (http://destinydb.com/items/152628833-corrective-measure#1.MowIihO8)

I would gladly trade the 3 of these items in for that lovely Ice Breaker (http://destinydb.com/items/3118679308-ice-breaker#1.MmRPofI8) you got last night!! Congrats bro!

I wasn't to sure what I was supposed to do in the middle that first time so I stood back and watched what was going on, now that I figured it out I did it last night and it is definitely the way to go! (that is of course if you give us at least 5 secs to turn around before dropping the shield!!)

Good times last night and nice work to everyone involved getting this done in about 1 1/2 hour.