PDA

View Full Version : Final Stand

Retro
09-09-2014, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqDy6D9DZz8

We are ready to start talking about Battlefield 4: Final Stand, and we have a lot to talk about. In the Battlefield 4 Premium video we released a few months ago, we gave players their first glimpse at the high-tech action that awaits. In the weeks ahead we’ll also show you a lot more of that monstrous little drone and the other exciting new toys that will be in Final Stand.

With Final Stand, we knew from the start that we wanted to evolve the Battlefield experience and offer weapons and vehicles that behave differently than anything else on the battlefield. Taking place on the artic landscape of Russia, where the scientists of today are experimenting with technology that will define the battlefields of tomorrow (Battlefield 2142, anyone?), Final Stand will deliver four maps that are unique and distinct. With its military installations set against a wintry landscape, expect intense, infantry-focused combat.
Players will also discover secret prototype weapons and vehicles that further tie into the fiction around Final Stand, and to some extent the Battlefield series. This includes a Battle pick-up rail gun that fires a single round of powerful kinetic energy, and the hover tank prototype, which uses eight experimental jet propulsion engines to nimbly move around the battlefield. We have a few more surprises up our sleeves that we’ll share with you in the weeks ahead.
We definitely had a lot of fun designing these maps and the future-tech weapons and vehicles of Final Stand and hope you guys have as much fun with them as we do. That’s why we want you to start playing them now. Starting today we are going to be testing pre-release versions of the Final Stand maps on the CTE (Community Test Environment).

HardlyCapable13
09-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Fine, guess I'll have to re-download this game to check it out.

Are they EVER going to fix the loadout issue? That's been my biggest turn off from the game since it's been playable.

johnnyh1976
09-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Although Destiny just came out and will be my main game for some time to come, BF4 is also going to be a steady one since I added premium a while back and loving the experience on the XBOne.

RC-1136
09-10-2014, 08:52 AM
I like the snow maps, but WTF is up with that hover tank?

HardlyCapable13
09-10-2014, 09:05 AM
I like the snow maps, but WTF is up with that hover tank?

Awesomeness, from the sounds of it. Futuristic militarized weaponry. Seems interesting.

RC-1136
09-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Awesomeness, from the sounds of it. Futuristic militarized weaponry. Seems interesting.

Watched Xfactors vid of him playing White Out. It looks like the Futuristic weapons won't be real game changers and do look like fun. The maps look cool, tool. I just hope you can play Rush on them.

TonkaToys
09-10-2014, 11:18 AM
No sign of that flying machine gun drone thingamajig that they had in the previous vid.

RC-1136
09-15-2014, 07:38 AM
It looks like Dice had put a bigger emphasis on Rush for these new maps. I hope so, because I really miss it. I miss those sweaty palm moments when you're down to you last tickets. Or trying to defuse an MCOM when the other team is down to zero tickets. Those are my favorite BF moments.

REMEC87
09-15-2014, 10:45 AM
It looks like Dice had put a bigger emphasis on Rush for these new maps. I hope so, because I really miss it. I miss those sweaty palm moments when you're down to you last tickets. Or trying to defuse an MCOM when the other team is down to zero tickets. Those are my favorite BF moments.

I remembered that we played so much rush in BC2 that we'd have specific strategies on how to attack/defend each objective, which one to take out first,etc... Conquest was an after thought back then.

RC-1136
09-15-2014, 11:49 AM
I remembered that we played so much rush in BC2 that we'd have specific strategies on how to attack/defend each objective, which one to take out first,etc... Conquest was an after thought back then.

Yep. I even found a Arica Harbor Rush How To Vid that Dinsdale made on Youtube. Good memories.

Spike Forehand
09-15-2014, 05:47 PM
My biggest disappointment with both BF3 and BF4 has been the erosion of Rush as a game mode played by MP's.

Ullrsdog
10-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Take a look...X-factor gives some news. Sounds like Final stand may be coming out in Nov. Hardline should release March of 2015, Battlefront should be released Holiday 2015, and BF5 for Holiday 2016.

Enjoy the Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0z-kyjtug&index=1&list=UUXN76fKLJUFeMK12fAN5Gug

Ullrsdog
11-17-2014, 02:47 PM
So a few days ago this was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqASgDjjQE0&list=UUw7FkXsC00lH2v2yB5LQoYA

The Final Stand DLC should be out tomorrow and the Phantom Program is giving us a bow and arrow...not the cross bow but sounds to be about the same. The PC guys are seeing the C100(I think that's for Colonel 100) knife in the stats menu...and YES IT HAS A BI-POD!!!!! on the PS4 I only saw a new Tanto knife. No new rumors about the fabled bonus DLC that was rumored a few months back but I'm still a big proponent...honestly DICE should be throwing us a real sorry we fucked up gift, not the stupid battlepacks and 2XP weekends...and no not a knife with a bi-pod.

Major Stains
11-17-2014, 02:54 PM
A silencer for my knife would be good!
Hopefully see more MPs coming back from Destiny to get some shooting with gravity!

RC-1136
11-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Hopefully see more MPs coming back from Destiny to get some shooting with gravity!

Nope. I'm not. I played about 5 hours post patch a couple of weekends ago and the game still had every single issue it had for me prior to it. The game was literally unplayable for me.

Even if I was still having fun with BF4 I wouldn't be that excited for all of the gimmicky futuristic elements that are in this DLC.

To add more salt to the wound, I opened up 2 Battlepacks today and got stugots in them.

Ullrsdog
11-17-2014, 04:56 PM

I'll Bring cookies, bourbon, beer, gin, chips, and some snacks I found here in Colo...who's in!!!

Madlob75
11-17-2014, 05:31 PM
I think my BF days may be done....at least for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping that Destiny and Far Cry bring me right into Battlefront, but we'll see.

Spike Forehand
11-17-2014, 05:37 PM
So a few days ago this was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqASgDjjQE0&list=UUw7FkXsC00lH2v2yB5LQoYA

The Final Stand DLC should be out tomorrow and the Phantom Program is giving us a bow and arrow...not the cross bow but sounds to be about the same. The PC guys are seeing the C100(I think that's for Colonel 100) knife in the stats menu...and YES IT HAS A BI-POD!!!!! on the PS4 I only saw a new Tanto knife. No new rumors about the fabled bonus DLC that was rumored a few months back but I'm still a big proponent...honestly DICE should be throwing us a real sorry we fucked up gift, not the stupid battlepacks and 2XP weekends...and no not a knife with a bi-pod.

Yes - I think buying premium for BF4 was my worst spent $50 ever. Very disappointing that release after release there were issues with every one.

If they wanted to try to make it up, I think a re-release of the BFBC2 maps would be cool and would draw me back. :)

I will probably load up the new DLC and play a little to just see the new maps, but will probably prioritize Far Cry and Destiny for the next little bit. May re-buy GTA5 at Xmas as well if others are playing it.

Major Stains
11-18-2014, 05:25 PM
A fair sized update followed by 6.34 GB for Final Stand.

And already the forums are awash with negativity.
Some saying assault class is broken with medi packs only working when not being suppressed and other such things.

Kids these days don't know the meaning of a broken game.
Back in my day you had to have the volume just right on the cassette player to load the damn game, then it would crash after 15 minutes, and there were no updates/ patches, and blah blah blahhhh.

REMEC87
11-18-2014, 05:36 PM
A fair sized update followed by 6.34 GB for Final Stand.

And already the forums are awash with negativity.
Some saying assault class is broken with medi packs only working when not being suppressed and other such things.

Kids these days don't know the meaning of a broken game.
Back in my day you had to have the volume just right on the cassette player to load the damn game, then it would crash after 15 minutes, and there were no updates/ patches, and blah blah blahhhh.

I was hoping to get back to the battlefield tonight but in light of this, the destiny reset and the iron banner starting up again, it's not looking good....sigh

Major Stains
11-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Played a few games.
Got destroyed by hill hugging whippersnapper snipers on Hanger 21.
Then just got overrun on Giants of Karelia. Just because I am truly shit!
Ok maps, and no game breaking glitches that I could see.

I didn't particularly enjoy having my load out reset and having to go through that again.

Hope to catch some MPs soon, as it was tough going solo.

Gink
11-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Well, I've got the update downloading. Might check it out late tonight, we'll see. I've still only played BF4 briefly since getting the PS4. I found it totally disorienting, the higher fidelity graphics looked really weird to me, like a fishbowl, and I totally sucked at it. But I did just picked up Premium in August, so should try and get a little bit of my money's worth out of it.

Badgerute
11-19-2014, 11:11 AM
BF4 is going out with a whimper. These new maps are a combination of the maps I've hated most. It is one part Armored Kill (the snow mountain) and one part Naval Strike (the sub base) that equals terribleness.

Major Stains
11-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the games Gink.
It's amazing how much more enjoyable this game is with even one MP in your squad.
We were getting whipped on Hanger 21 out in the open, but once we started holding down the hanger the tide turn for a close win. Not saying we were instrumental to the victory (with my crappy 7-14) but it was fun.
Hammerhead was good too, once we ratted them out of the hill.

I know these maps are NS on ice and lack imagination, but the game is running pretty smooth for me for the first time in 10 months.

Gink
11-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I was hoping for snow maps more like Port Valdez and Nelson Bay, wide open spaces and mountainsides and such aren't fantastic.
I think I'm starting to adjust to the next gen graphics that have just been looking squirrely to me, and actually started to get some kills after a few rounds.
Was definitely nice to have an MP to squad with. My first round or two of lone wolfing and sucking terribly were not much fun.

I did get booted from the game once, during Hangar 21 I think, but managed to load it back up, queue up and rejoin you to find you were still climbing up that same damn hillside towards the hangar. Better than the PS3, where a BF4 crash generally locks the entire console up and takes 10 minutes or so to get back in.

Ullrsdog
11-24-2014, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn4xHqnwjwo

I know that many of you have no desire to play BF4 but I could use some help...you need 4 players to unlock the newest phantom mission. Everyone needs to have completed all the phantom missions, have to find hidden dogtags on one of the new maps, and then equip phantom camo on guns and solider, wear the phantom dog-tag and one of the new ones to finally get to the bow. then enter a 15+ number code...PHEW!!!!

RC-1136
11-24-2014, 02:41 PM

I know that many of you have no desire to play BF4 but I could use some help...you need 4 players to unlock the newest phantom mission. Everyone needs to have completed all the phantom missions, have to find hidden dogtags on one of the new maps, and then equip phantom camo on guns and solider, wear the phantom dog-tag and one of the new ones to finally get to the bow. then enter a 15+ number code...PHEW!!!!

I wish I could help you, Dog, but just reading this gave me a headache.

Madlob75
11-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Wish I could help, but I never finished all the other Phantom assignments. Maybe if Beano can take some time away from orcs and dragons he could help. I see Badger playing too.

mechatool
11-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Wish I could help, but I never finished all the other Phantom assignments. Maybe if Beano can take some time away from orcs and dragons he could help. I see Badger playing too.

Same here Dog. I never completed all the Phantom Assignments.

SouthtownSlayer
11-24-2014, 04:07 PM

I'd help but still need to finish the last Phantom mission but have all the ones prior to that completed.

REMEC87
11-24-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd help except southtown told me not to talk to pot smoking hippies from Colorado...particularly those that supposedly work as park rangers. He was quite specific :)

Madlob75
11-24-2014, 05:37 PM
How people figure this stuff out amazes me.

Gink
11-24-2014, 06:00 PM
I don't even know what a phantom mission is, so I probably haven't done them.

Major Stains
11-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Had quite a shock the other night.
Playing up on the peak of Hanger 21, I run into some kind of Pod cannon.
Thinking that Pod must mean 'Projectile Of Destruction' or something sad, I press square and take aim at an enemy chopper.
What came next was quite unexpected. Nearly hit the copter (quite literally) and found myself at the bottom of the mountain...fantastic...AGAIN! AGAIN!

PS I would happily help a pot smoking park ranger but I fear I am just too bad at this game plus I have no idea what you are talking about!