PDA

View Full Version : Special and Heavy Weapon

sam007
09-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Elemental damage bonus.

Every wonder what the "red, blue and purple" icons are for? Ever wonder why certain mobs have a certain glow to them?

Use the matching weapon colour to take down the mobs shield faster.

Its good if the fire team each has a different elemental damage weapon so there is no kit switching while in a fight and it then becomes their job to attempt to take down the mobs shields.

TonkaToys
09-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Brilliant info thanks - I was wondering what those meant and why sometimes shields went down fast and sometimes not.

sam007
09-28-2014, 11:06 AM
With some more time under the belt, the elemental damage is more clear now.

Fallen = Blue
Vex = Purple
Hive, Cabal = Red

Primary weapons do little damage reduction to their shields and you'll need to switch quickly to your primary once their shields are down to conserve Special and Heavy ammo.

You can prepare your weapons before each mission, but you will lose the ammo you've collected.

For Nightfall, throw those guidelines out the door.

Jasonbharmon
10-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Not very colorblind friendly:(

TonkaToys
10-14-2014, 07:51 AM
True...

Star shape is Arc damage which is Blue, so use against Fallen
Flame shape is Solar damage which is Red/Orange, so use against Hive / Cabal.
Swirl shape is Void damage which is Purple, so use against Vex.

http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/Damage+Types

Jasonbharmon
10-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Yah unfortunately on the harder missions get a little tricker, Wizards are fire and Knights are arc I believe.. Crazy crazy but thanks for the break down!

sureMOE
10-14-2014, 12:29 PM
This shield stuff is going to be really interesting for this weeks Heroic and Nightfall. We will have Wizards with solar shields, shanks with solar shields and Captains with Arc shields. I am not looking forwards to those swarms of shanks in all 3 battles with the orange shields, it will finally make this Strike quite challenging!

Gink
10-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Yah unfortunately on the harder missions get a little tricker, Wizards are fire and Knights are arc I believe.. Crazy crazy but thanks for the break down!

and for Cabal, Centurion's are Solar/Fire, but Psion's are Void.
I usually run Solar specal and Void heavy, but that only works well if I'm Bladedancer with lots of Arc skills. With Gunslinger I get overloaded on Solar and have no Arc. Trying to be ready for everything is hard to do.

sam007
10-16-2014, 07:26 AM

Breaking still needs to get this part of the bounty done, he can he our 3rd. :lol: Try to arrange it so we can get it done together. Hope you can make it for east coast evening.