PDA

View Full Version : Week 7

Retro
09-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Return of Brees. His first game back, oh goody! Sadly, still no Stafford for me yet so Rex Grossman gets the start.

Saints started well going up 13 - 0 pretty quick. I was protecting against the pass way too much and they ran the ball all over me. Came back with a Hail Mary pass to end the half 13-7. Made my defensive adjustments in the second half to shut down the run. Put a lick on Brees and knocked him out a few plays. When he came back on the next series, he was not the same as his passes were off. I stuck with the run and took the pressure off of Grossman by giving Bell the ball for 28 carries and 146 yards (Bush had 7 attempts and Leshoure had 3 late in the game).

Final Score: Saints 19 - Lions 28

donhardeone
09-15-2014, 06:38 AM
I had a much harder time with the Ravens than anticipated. They completely shut off my run game, and the $@^&!% wind eliminated my long pass game again. Tough sledding on offense, but my defense held strong. Two trips to the red zone and held them to field goals both times. The one touchdown they got was my own bonehead mistake of calling a terrible defensive play that they took advantage of. That being said, I had a heck of a time stopping their passing attack for some reason. Between that and my inability to convert 3rd downs against them, it wound up being close.

Final Score: Falcons 20 - Ravens 14

donhardeone
09-15-2014, 11:04 AM
We have two 1-4 teams and two 1-5 teams facing off this week as well. Here's hoping for win number 2 for both Raider and Freak!

LandShark
09-15-2014, 11:59 AM
I was getting beat by the giants with less than 3 minutes left when my interwebnet thingy crashed. Eli was something crazy like 17-21.

HardlyCapable13
09-15-2014, 12:05 PM
I was getting beat by the giants with less than 3 minutes left when my interwebnet thingy crashed. Eli was something crazy like 17-21.

Likely story... :boink:

TheFreak75
09-15-2014, 01:07 PM
I've been having the same issues with my internet as well, I think ATT was bought by someone else and I think they've been changing things around because it comes an goes all the time

TrojanTeacher
09-15-2014, 06:04 PM

Lag switch crashed, eh?