PDA

View Full Version : Taking a hiatus

Airease
09-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Already been in touch with Retro. Taking a hiatus from the game and the league for a family emergency that came about.

Not this past Wednesday but the week before. My mom was carrying in my 6 month old after picking up my two older kids from school. She either missed the first step or slipped on some shoes at the bottom of the stairs and fell. Baby is ok but mom is not. She broke her femoral neck bone and had a partial hip replacement. She is rehab facility where she is getting therapy.

Since being in the hospital and now rehab. I have been taking care of her house. Along with getting the kids from and to school. As well as getting my 6 year old to and from a sitter. It has been tough playing my games for the weekday games.

So until everything returns to normal taking a hiatus from the madden league. Retro is putting me on Auto. And will try to play as I can.

Retro
09-14-2014, 08:31 PM
You're all set up bud, it's ready for you when your ready to return. Take of your mom. Hope the rehab goes well.

HardlyCapable13
09-14-2014, 09:10 PM
See you on the return. Hoping all goes well.

donhardeone
09-15-2014, 06:28 AM
Sorry to hear that man...take care of the family first man. I hope the rehab goes well for her, and good luck with it all man.

SouthtownSlayer
09-15-2014, 06:59 AM
Sorry to hear that man! Hope everything goes well for your mom and family!

mechatool
09-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Sad news. Take care, be strong and hang in there.

TheFreak75
09-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear that man, hope your mom recovers quickly and is ok.

Major Stains
09-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Sorry to read this.
It must've been a frightening time for everyone.
Wishing your Mum a speedy recovery and take care.

TonkaToys
09-15-2014, 05:44 PM
Jeepers, I wish her a speedy recovery.

TrojanTeacher
09-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Screw gaming, family first!

Airease
09-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone.

Update - mom is out of the rehab (why does that sound so wrong) facility. We gave her the option of coming home to our house. She declined and wanted to be in her own home. At least her home is single story so all her amenities are one floor.

Started going for therapy three times per week and making progress. No driving for at least another 4-5 weeks.

Hoping to return soon

HardlyCapable13
09-20-2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone.

Update - mom is out of the rehab (why does that sound so wrong) facility. We gave her the option of coming home to our house. She declined and wanted to be in her own home. At least her home is single story so all her amenities are one floor.

Started going for therapy three times per week and making progress. No driving for at least another 4-5 weeks.

Hoping to return soon

Good to hear. Glad your mother is on the mend.

Retro
09-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks everyone.

Hoping to return soon

Sounds like she's recovering well, glad to here it.