PDA

View Full Version : Public Events

sam007
09-15-2014, 06:17 PM
I patrolled the whole map for Earth and found a couple of spots which have consistent events, just don't know when.

The Divide, you take down the spider crawler with like a 5m time limit. From spawn, take the right route.

The Airplane cemetery, you defend a cap point until 100%, each wave is stronger to the point of all Majors spawn from the drop ship. The sky turns dark when the event is about to start. From spawn, take the left route.

You can farm for loot chest and materials to kill the time. :lol:

I've gotten rare materials as a reward.

RC-1136
09-16-2014, 07:04 AM
I patrolled the whole map for Earth and found a couple of spots which have consistent events, just don't know when.

The Divide, you take down the spider crawler with like a 5m time limit. From spawn, take the right route.

The Airplane cemetery, you defend a cap point until 100%, each wave is stronger to the point of all Majors spawn from the drop ship. The sky turns dark when the event is about to start. From spawn, take the left route.

You can farm for loot chest and materials to kill the time. :lol:

I've gotten rare materials as a reward.

I completed 4 public events on the moon yesterday. Two in the evening then another 2 at night with Jake and Breaking. Took down a walker, an eye, a wizard and another one that I can't remember. Got some good swag and Vanguard Credits.

sam007
10-04-2014, 08:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcveCWt_6Sg&list=UUkmAjbIecTIjTQctolYeuDw

Interesting/

Gink
10-04-2014, 11:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcveCWt_6Sg&list=UUkmAjbIecTIjTQctolYeuDw

Interesting/

A lot of racing around just to hit 2 more events per hour than you can on earth. Probably worth it if the weekly reset is approaching and you are short on marks though. This week I was more focused on gaining rep than marks, but was still capped by Thursday. 6 Marks for Tiger Strikes, randomly hitting events while doing bounties and patrols, a couple marks per cryptarch level, etc. Too bad you can't accumulate crucible marks that fast. 2-3 per 10 minute match, plus time in between while it slowly finds players is a drag. I guess 50 crucible matches a week is nothing for the diehard PvP players though.

sam007
10-04-2014, 07:15 PM
A lot of racing around just to hit 2 more events per hour than you can on earth. Probably worth it if the weekly reset is approaching and you are short on marks though. This week I was more focused on gaining rep than marks, but was still capped by Thursday. 6 Marks for Tiger Strikes, randomly hitting events while doing bounties and patrols, a couple marks per cryptarch level, etc. Too bad you can't accumulate crucible marks that fast. 2-3 per 10 minute match, plus time in between while it slowly finds players is a drag. I guess 50 crucible matches a week is nothing for the diehard PvP players though.

I see it as the possibility to get Ascendent material. Also, lower level players can take part, unlike a Weekly or Nightfall, where you need to be a certain level to possibly get Ascendent material.

Once you get a new piece of kit and its better than what you have, which may already be leveled up to max, you'll need 18 pieces of Shards, better to have the materials stocked and ready to go.

Gink
10-04-2014, 07:37 PM
I see it as the possibility to get Ascendent material. Also, lower level players can take part, unlike a Weekly or Nightfall, where you need to be a certain level to possibly get Ascendent material.

Once you get a new piece of kit and its better than what you have, which may already be leveled up to max, you'll need 18 pieces of Shards, better to have the materials stocked and ready to go.
Definitely, though I've found it rare to get more than 1 ascendant a day beyond the reward for your first gold finish of the day. I never pass up an event, just not sure I'll go so far as planet hopping to hopefully catch 6 an hour.

sam007
12-02-2014, 12:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGeyIsm3wo

http://youtu.be/8uFAaFx0DdA