PDA

View Full Version : The Vault of Glass

sam007
09-15-2014, 06:21 PM
I suppose we can leave pointers for those who do the raid later.

Badgerute
09-16-2014, 10:50 AM
I suppose we can leave pointers for those who do the raid later.

It is going to take me a while to be eligible (lvl 26 correct?). Looking forward to it. Man I'm tired of beating that spider and giant eye.

GB-James
09-16-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm ready to roll with the VoG. I'll provide info when I start to work through it.

Gink
09-16-2014, 05:31 PM
It is going to take me a while to be eligible (lvl 26 correct?). Looking forward to it. Man I'm tired of beating that spider and giant eye.

Shouldn't you have moved on to the giant ogre by now? That one's way more fun.

sam007
09-17-2014, 06:41 AM
You guys geared up and ready to give this a shot?

TonkaToys
09-17-2014, 09:38 AM
I'm ready to roll with the VoG. I'll provide info when I start to work through it.

Glad to see you made it back GB-James - looking forward to catching you in game again.

Badgerute
09-17-2014, 10:39 AM

Negative. Stuck at 23 I believe. Didn't get any good gear last night to move the meter. Did the devil's lair loot run you posted and didn't get anything that good. Disappointing.

SouthtownSlayer
09-17-2014, 01:42 PM

Still level 22!!

Damn you low end light gear!!!!!

sam007
09-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Ok, this is what I know so far having taken part in the Raid as a 7th player when I stumbled upon 6 players doing the Raid.

Getting from capture point to capture point quickly is very important. From what I noticed, there are 4 spawn points. Going in a clock wise circle is the best option, going counter clockwise, you need to go up and the only way is to hit certain platforms to continue to ascent.

Getting a 3rd person into the fight where the mobs are in important, but then that leaves only 1 guarding a capture point and there is one yellow mob and 3-5 red mobs with him.

Having high DPS is crucial.

If I recall how to get there from a Patrol, I can show you guys and hopefully run into a fire team doing to Raid.

If you're not a level 26, don't even bother.

SouthtownSlayer
09-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Ok, this is what I know so far having taken part in the Raid as a 7th player when I stumbled upon 6 players doing the Raid.

Getting from capture point to capture point quickly is very important. From what I noticed, there are 4 spawn points. Going in a clock wise circle is the best option, going counter clockwise, you need to go up and the only way is to hit certain platforms to continue to ascent.

Getting a 3rd person into the fight where the mobs are in important, but then that leaves only 1 guarding a capture point and there is one yellow mob and 3-5 red mobs with him.

Having high DPS is crucial.

If I recall how to get there from a Patrol, I can show you guys and hopefully run into a fire team doing to Raid.

If you're not a level 26, don't even bother.

My son and his friends started this raid last night and got past the first stage...I will get some pointers from him on what they did after I get home from work today.

Communications are cruicial and unneeded chat should be kept for after everyone is done for the night...After killing the first boss they came to a long curvy tunnel that they had to manuever though as a raid without being detected by mobs, if you get detected you start over from the checkpoint.

sam007
09-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Good to know Chief!

On another note, just curious to see who is committed to doing this Raid when they reach level 26 and beyond? Its gonna take more than one sitting and we need 6 players.

If you can get your primary to do a base minimum damage of 277 (which is where I am at), you're gonna be fine. I would even say 250 is OK for a group average, but more DPS is better.

Using elemental damage is also important to take down the shields quickly.

TonkaToys
09-23-2014, 05:28 PM
I'd like to, but by the time I'm that level, Destiny 8 will be out.

Badgerute
09-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Good to know Chief!

On another note, just curious to see who is committed to doing this Raid when they reach level 26 and beyond? Its gonna take more than one sitting and we need 6 players.

If you can get your primary to do a base minimum damage of 277 (which is where I am at), you're gonna be fine. I would even say 250 is OK for a group average, but more DPS is better.

Using elemental damage is also important to take down the shields quickly.

I'm in. This raid will be the single greatest moment of my life. No hyperbole.

Madlob75
09-23-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm in. I've been leveling up my defender subclass for this.

mechatool
09-23-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm in and should hit close to level 26 by this weekend...fingers crossed.

sureMOE
09-23-2014, 08:10 PM
I am in but am only at level 15. My family leaves on Saturday for a week, so I am going to have some major game time. I expect to spend all weekend grinding out my guardian to get up to 26. It's time to get my priorities straight!! Family's just been dead weight! :gamer:

Gink
09-23-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm getting close to 25. Got another legendary armor piece in the mail from the cryptarch, but of course it was gauntlets, which are what I bought from vanguard yesterday. Think I have my auto rifle up to 257 or so, and enough relic iron for another upgrade. Doubt I'll take it all the way to 300, gonna save those ascendant bits for a hand cannon, or a scout rifle at least. Still, the auto rifle does have decent DPS.

Should be able to grind up enough vanguard marks for another piece of armor and a significant light boost shortly. 26 by weekend should be totally doable. Count me in if there's a spot open.
Though if we start on the weekend we'll only have through monday night to finish, right?

SouthtownSlayer
09-24-2014, 05:20 AM
Count me in! With the new Queen's Wrath mission the armor seems fairly easy to achieve for level 26. My primary concern is my damned weapons, still rolling with the blues and not willing to part with weapon parts to upgrade until I get a legendary weapon. Almost done with my Dead Orbit faction so probably going to purchase a new weapon with my crucible marks so I'm not; as we say, "shooting marshmallows" at the baddies!

Madlob75
09-24-2014, 07:12 AM
So how long will the VoG take? Surely not 14 hours.

If we need another player, I suggest MadyB....he's like a cool, quiet Southtown. They sound the same on comms...just not as Southtowny...lol. Seriously...you guys sound just alike. Is that your nephew?

SouthtownSlayer
09-24-2014, 07:27 AM
So how long will the VoG take? Surely not 14 hours.

If we need another player, I suggest MadyB....he's like a cool, quiet Southtown. They sound the same on comms...just not as Southtowny...lol. Seriously...you guys sound just alike. Is that your nephew?

I talked with Rogaine yesterday and he and some friends completed the raid in about 2 1/2 hours.

Yeah foo he's my 24 year old nephew and yup we sound pretty much the same only difference is since I left Burque (Albuqueruque) back in 92 I sort of lost the slang / way of speaking like a New Mexican! For those of you that may have traveled through New Mexico or live in the four corners area you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm sure he'd like that, he's really enjoyed grouping and talking with you guys, thanks for including him in your adventures.

Sadly, I can't say this video is just a joke, damned New Mexicans actually talk and say this shit! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Yy0iWVC00&index=9&list=PL2E9905AB5B2BC1A C

Ullrsdog
09-24-2014, 09:02 AM
I talked with Rogaine yesterday and he and some friends completed the raid in about 2 1/2 hours.

Yeah foo he's my 24 year old nephew and yup we sound pretty much the same only difference is since I left Buque (Albuqueruque) back in 92 I sort of lost the slang / way of speaking like a New Mexican! For those of you that may have traveled through New Mexico or live in the four corners area you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm sure he'd like that, he's really enjoyed grouping and talking with you guys, thanks for including him in your adventures.

Sadly, I can't say this video is just a joke, damned New Mexicans actually talk and say this shit! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Yy0iWVC00&index=9&list=PL2E9905AB5B2BC1A C

OH shit now that was seriously funny!!! So very very true...anytime I'm in southern Colorado you can pick out who is from NM headed up north for a little vacation or you left the damn heat and transplanted to CO.

Uglyduck213
09-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Sheeeiiit South, I'm a Lopez in N.Az, thats every day around here mixed with a little "res-ser-vation".

I'm up for the Vault. Hit 26 last night and am on the hunt for a better weapon now. The queens bounties helped. Only problem is I'm in a wedding this weekend so I may not have time to kick it off.

Uglyduck213
09-24-2014, 08:33 PM
While looking up the exotic scout rifle on the Destiny wiki it said that it can sometimes be found in loot chests in the Vault of Glass raid. It made me think that doing a little pre-mission recon might be helpful to find good loot during the raid instead of hunting around for it.

RC-1136
09-25-2014, 08:12 AM
I hit level 26 last night and ready for the raid. I still need to find a better primary, though. Hoping to buy something from Xur this weekend.

Anyone want to give this a go on Friday night? Double XP BF4 this weekend so I'm going to be playing that Sat and Sun to try and get to Level 130.

sam007
09-30-2014, 03:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It9JwokQvvE

His recommendation, level 27 and above with DPS.

So far I have yet to find an outside team video of what they are doing and where they go to avoid the super jihadding harpies. He did mention a middle platform in the video.

Madlob75
09-30-2014, 03:58 PM
I tried getting on the pillar that night and was killed, wonder if just constant movement helps. The problem for me was not the ones I could see, it was those sneaky SOBs that sneak up behind you.

sam007
09-30-2014, 04:12 PM
I tried getting on the pillar that night and was killed, wonder if just constant movement helps. The problem for me was not the ones I could see, it was those sneaky SOBs that sneak up behind you.

Yeah, I kept getting killed the same way, from blind side. those suckers move fast and in swarms of 3. I did notice they move, then stop.

I honestly was too scared to leave the pillar I was on. :lol:

sureMOE
09-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I read on review that thought the away team had the hardest job...with Beano running QB, I felt like getting teleported is the easy job. Those harpies are the painful part. I am taking every chance I get to farm Vanguard points so I can get a couple legendary weapons before we go again. I also have enough mote of light and strange coins for Xur next time he shows up. I am definitely all for going another round at this thing. Overall, we did pretty damn good last night...just that dying thing seems to have gotten in the way of the win! ;)

sam007
09-30-2014, 04:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saGWdcjlUFM

Pretty interesting cover spot on top of left gate.

sureMOE
09-30-2014, 05:12 PM
I am doing the Vault of Glass tomorrow with Joel (TK_421), Kamakazi and SuperFly. We need two more for a full team. Any takers?

RC-1136
10-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I kept getting killed the same way, from blind side. those suckers move fast and in swarms of 3. I did notice they move, then stop.

I honestly was too scared to leave the pillar I was on. :lol:

I didn't have too much trouble on that higher pillar on the left that I was on. I could cover the right gate pretty well too from over there and had a jump shot at the boss. I am interested in trying that spot next to the gate.

I got teleported several times the other night and had no issues doing that job.

Right now I'm working like a mother F'er to increase my DPS. I finally have a legendary Auto Rifle and I'm hoping XUR has a rocket launcher or fusion rifle to buy this weekend. My armor right now is decent and I should have it higher by the weekend once I get another shard.

mechatool
10-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Still level 26, but I picked up a Legedary Hand Cannon and only 100 more points to rank up to vanguard 3. My DPS is now good with an Exotic heavy machine gun (Arch, blue), and the hand cannon. I'm ready for the raid.

RC-1136
10-01-2014, 09:49 AM
I have to honest. I am obsessed right now with finishing this. It has already taken a toll on me. I think I got sick from staying up to 2 AM on Friday night and hen 1 AM on Saturday. Now I am committed to beating it. What ever it takes.

sam007
10-01-2014, 10:08 AM
You will need purple damage weapons to take down the Pretorian.

Pace yourself RC, you can burn yourself out with this type of game.

RC-1136
10-01-2014, 10:27 AM
You will need purple damage weapons to take down the Pretorian.

Pace yourself RC, you can burn yourself out with this type of game.

No way. Let's do this. Leeeeeroooooy Jenkinsssssssss!

sam007
10-01-2014, 11:22 AM
No way. Let's do this. Leeeeeroooooy Jenkinsssssssss!

What's the over/under for survival when facing your first batch of level 28 mobs? :lol:

Forget minutes, lets do seconds. :lol:

RC-1136
10-01-2014, 11:30 AM
I thought they were all level 26 mobs.

sam007
10-02-2014, 09:18 AM
OK, I had a chat with Thanatos and he explained how to defend the outside using Titan defenfer, Warlock and Hunter.

Titan bubbles like crazy to generate orbs. Then Warlock and Hunter get damage buff from Weapons of Light.

Spam those grenade when the damage buff is active.

All three protect the same sync plate.

Now all we have to do is get back there. :lol:

He said the inside team is the critical team as if they eff up, its a wipe and its less forgiving for the outside team protecting the plates.

RC-1136
10-02-2014, 09:32 AM
OK, I had a chat with Thanatos and he explained how to defend the outside using Titan defenfer, Warlock and Hunter.

Titan bubbles like crazy to generate orbs. Then Warlock and Hunter get damage buff from Weapons of Light.

Spam those grenade when the damage buff is active.

All three protect the same sync plate.

Now all we have to do is get back there. :lol:

He said the inside team is the critical team as if they eff up, its a wipe and its less forgiving for the outside team protecting the plates.

I think we can get back there. The hardest part for me will be gliding to that platform to kill the Nexus Boss. I'm just hoping that XUR has an Exotic Weapon that will make a difference for me. It's like Christmas Eve for me today waiting for him to show up in the Tower tomorrow.

Madlob75
10-02-2014, 10:08 AM
That sounds like a good strategy, and stay spread apart enough that a single Harpy can't jihad the whole group. I just wish that the Defender bubble wasn't breachable. I'm hoping for an auto rifle from Zur, even though he had one last week. My scout rifle is good, but not in close quarters like that. I also read somewhere that its not only the weapon damage but your light level that makes a difference. Ex: A light 28 will have greater damage than a level 27 with the same weapon.

sureMOE
10-02-2014, 12:17 PM
We ran the vault of tears last night. Got to the sync plate part and had real problems pulling this part of. We needed some more strategy. We were getting close, but couldn't quite cut it. I think we didn't have enough guys running aggressor classes or fusion rifles with void damage. The praetorians kept taking the 'outside' team down. But we got through everything else just fine. Lore had some issues getting the platform jumping stuff to work, but made it in the end...some of the stuff we were doing was pretty tough for those who can't float like Warlocks. Joel showed us a trick last night for the middle boss that made him as easy as beating the Nexus on Venus. Really cool platform to hide on and all you have to do is just be patient and know when to do some damage. I enjoyed this raid and plan on making it a weekly thing! Any time you guys are running again, I have officially gone through all the parts, so add me to your fireteam!

SouthtownSlayer
10-02-2014, 12:38 PM
That sounds like a good strategy, and stay spread apart enough that a single Harpy can't jihad the whole group. I just wish that the Defender bubble wasn't breachable. I'm hoping for an auto rifle from Zur, even though he had one last week. My scout rifle is good, but not in close quarters like that. I also read somewhere that its not only the weapon damage but your light level that makes a difference. Ex: A light 28 will have greater damage than a level 27 with the same weapon.

Do you have a specific group that you guys have spawning in to get the relic? Or, are you guys getting ported into "sand" or "jungle" randomly?

sureMOE
10-03-2014, 12:41 PM
We have at least 3 of us that are running the Vault of Glass tonight and starting at the sync plates with the Praetorians. We need 2-3 more. Any takers?

REMEC87
10-03-2014, 01:05 PM
We have at least 3 of us that are running the Vault of Glass tonight and starting at the sync plates with the Praetorians. We need 2-3 more. Any takers?

I may be interested but I can only play until midnight EST

RC-1136
10-03-2014, 02:20 PM

I might be, but I would like to run it from the beginning again and hit a couple of chests that we missed the first time around.

Madlob75
10-03-2014, 02:30 PM
I might be, but I would like to run it from the beginning again and hit a couple of chests that we missed the first time around.

I'd like to do the beginning as well.

sam007
10-05-2014, 09:43 AM
After multiple attempts last night trying to take down Atheon and seeing some more videos today. We're going about it the wrong way with the gear we already have.

Beano should be outside with his Ice Breaker, endless ammo and crazy crit damage, on top of the left side portal.

I should be inside cause I've got rocket launchers (Void and Fire, both 291) with tracking warheads, makes taking down the Praetorians really fast and I've got a Fire Damage Fusion rifle @ 277 which also makes taking down the Oracles really fast, not to mention Golden Gun, endless spam once Time's Vengeance is active. I also can carry 7 rockets cause of my armour so we've got 7 rotations to take down Atheon since we are surviving to the Enrage stage of the fight. The quicker the inside team clears the Oracle, the better.

We need a reliable Relic holder who knows that they are doing. We'll recruit one of the Omega guys if we need to, sorry guys.

The outside team running around to keep the portal clear of super harpies is chaotic, so maybe the stationary tactic will be better for us as a group.

RC can stay outside and use that Void bomb to clear out many super harpies. No idea if you can do a stationary jump Nova Bomb from the plate pillar

Also all team members should use the tracking grenades so all we do is spam them and they will take care of the super harpies while we all DPS.

Southtown, can play inside cause he can bubble the moment the teleporting team exits.

Those have been the 4 constant players for the weekend Raid, The Omega guys have offered to help out, but I would like to give it another shot as Team MP. Its starting to get annoying since we're surviving 75% of the fight. We need to change up out tactic cause we cannot expect a different result doing the same thing.

The inside teleporting team, once out, just makes a bee line to the most rear part of the map and DPS, no one should die if this is executed correctly.

SouthtownSlayer
10-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Beano should be outside with his Ice Breaker, endless ammo and crazy crit damage, on top of the left side portal.

Agree

I should be inside cause I've got rocket launchers (Void and Fire, both 291) with tracking warheads, makes taking down the Praetorians really fast and I've got a Fire Damage Fusion rifle @ 277 which also makes taking down the Oracles really fast, not to mention Golden Gun, endless spam once Time's Vengeance is active. I also can carry 7 rockets cause of my armour so we've got 7 rotations to take down Atheon since we are surviving to the Enrage stage of the fight. The quicker the inside team clears the Oracle, the better. We need a reliable Relic holder who knows that they are doing. We'll recruit one of the Omega guys if we need to, sorry guys.

The inside wasn't much of a problem in terms of taking down the oracles, it's more of "Reliable Relic holder" that isn't Beano who is very great with the Relic (See below video) but as you mentioned above, he must be outside with the damage that he is able to push out. I prefer to have dedicated MP members there vice someone else but being that we are "fun" clan the "Real Life" comes first as it should so I'm recommending we have a sign up with a set time/date (with a sign-up deadline) for these raids so we know who is actually going to be there and if there aren't enough people saying they will be there by the deadline then we ask others to assist.

I don't mind being the Relic guy but remember, it's a learning process so be patient!!!

The outside team running around to keep the portal clear of super harpies is chaotic, so maybe the stationary tactic will be better for us as a group.

RC can stay outside and use that Void bomb to clear out many super harpies. No idea if you can do a stationary jump Nova Bomb from the plate pillar

Also all team members should use the tracking grenades so all we do is spam them and they will take care of the super harpies while we all DPS.

Inside guy so no input for this sorry

Southtown, can play inside cause he can bubble the moment the teleporting team exits.

The only thing that makes this hard is when stepping through the portal (walking or running) there is always that chance of getting ported to the other side, it's random (happened to me A LOT) so you have to run around the portal and step back through (see video below), with that being said there won't be a bubble available for the inside team.

Those have been the 4 constant players for the weekend Raid, The Omega guys have offered to help out, but I would like to give it another shot as Team MP. Its starting to get annoying since we're surviving 75% of the fight. We need to change up out tactic cause we cannot expect a different result doing the same thing.

Agree

The inside teleporting team, once out, just makes a bee line to the most rear part of the map and DPS, no one should die if this is executed correctly.

Shown in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzbCKtIGLDk&feature=youtu.be

Gink
10-05-2014, 01:07 PM
It would be good to know when these raids are happening, if there are open slots, etc.

I've yet to set foot in the VoG, guess I should watch vids so I know what we're facing. Being west coast it can be hard to make eastern times work. We're eating dinner after your kids are in bed, etc. But I've got to get in on it eventually!

Lack of shards has me stuck at 27, but I keep working on the DPS side. My usual kit right now is legendary hand cannon, ice breaker, legendary void machine gun. But I've also got Bad Juju, a legendary Solar sniper rifle, legendary pulse and auto rifles. So can mix and match to what is needed. Just have to keep dumping XP on all of them and collecting ascendants to raise up that damage.

SouthtownSlayer
10-05-2014, 01:26 PM
It would be good to know when these raids are happening, if there are open slots, etc.

I've yet to set foot in the VoG, guess I should watch vids so I know what we're facing. Being west coast it can be hard to make eastern times work. We're eating dinner after your kids are in bed, etc. But I've got to get in on it eventually!

We haven't been starting until around 2200 EST, so in a way actually sucks for the us EST peeps during the week but should be good for the MST / PST peeps!
Is there anyway to get some sort of sign-up calender on the site? I'm sure this would be really difficult but would be nice for planning this stuff out vice us just shooting from the hip.

Lack of shards has me stuck at 27, but I keep working on the DPS side. My usual kit right now is legendary hand cannon, ice breaker, legendary void machine gun. But I've also got Bad Juju, a legendary Solar sniper rifle, legendary pulse and auto rifles. So can mix and match to what is needed. Just have to keep dumping XP on all of them and collecting ascendants to raise up that damage.

I checked out your gear / weapons and you would definitely be a benefit to the dps, really all you need to do now is get your feet wet and join in.

REMEC87
10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
I'd be down as usual. My FPS might be average but I know how to use it :)

My auto rifle exotic is continuing to level up...desperately need more ascendant mat'l but that'll come.

Sorry I could help you this weekend but I decided for a change to have a social life.

SouthtownSlayer
10-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I'd be down as usual. My FPS might be average but I know how to use it :)

My auto rifle exotic is continuing to level up...desperately need more ascendant mat'l but that'll come.

Sorry I could help you this weekend but I decided for a change to have a social life.

My "FPS" suck with my secondary, currently working a crap load of crucible to get my faction up so I can purchase the legendary fusion rifle!

Dude, no need to apologize for having a social life, hope you had fun last night!! cheers bro!

Madlob75
10-05-2014, 04:11 PM
I would also like to be a part of the VoG if there is room, but understand if you need higher DPS to complete it. If I'm on, just shoot me an invite.

Gink
10-05-2014, 04:41 PM
We haven't been starting until around 2200 EST, so in a way actually sucks for the us EST peeps during the week but should be good for the MST / PST peeps!
Is there anyway to get some sort of sign-up calender on the site? I'm sure this would be really difficult but would be nice for planning this stuff out vice us just shooting from the hip.

Yeah, I usually am on 1500-1700 and 2200-2400 PDT. 2200 EST is dinner time, though the wife says as long as she knows ahead of time and its not every night she's okay with it. She understands the Destiny addiction.

I'll look into a sign up calendar. Might be quickest to use a google Calendar, might be able to embed it into a forum thread or something.

I checked out your gear / weapons and you would definitely be a benefit to the dps, really all you need to do now is get your feet wet and join in.

Most of my top guns haven't been levelled much, but I'll keep working on that. I've got 20 or so asc energies stashed waiting to decide which guns will be most useful to spend them on.

I've got 135 crucible marks and am level 2.5ish with dead orbit, so a little more work and I'll be getting another legendary there.

REMEC87
10-06-2014, 08:06 AM
I think we made some headway on the vault of glass last night. Beeano, Mad, and I seemed to hold our own last night on the outside.

After being teleported inadvertently several times last night I realize that being the away team is a bit tougher. Although I started to get the hang of it...especially when you walk through the portal and find yourself right back where you started. Very disorienting.

I will probably not be on Monday and Tuesday.

SouthtownSlayer
10-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I think we made some headway on the vault of glass last night. Beeano, Mad, and I seemed to hold our own last night on the outside.

After being teleported inadvertently several times last night I realize that being the away team is a bit tougher. Although I started to get the hang of it...especially when you walk through the portal and find yourself right back where you started. Very disorienting.

I will probably not be on Monday and Tuesday.

Who was the relic holder?

REMEC87
10-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Started with RC but he was having connection issues. Ended up being Beans who did a bang up job for never having done it before. Got the boss to less than halfway on our best attempt

mechatool
10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm always down to run the VoG. By the time I log in at night, the raid team already together. I'm now level 27 and have the Red Death pulse rife (260, about to level up the damage), fusion rife (solar 257), and machine guns (solar 257, or arc 274).

sureMOE
10-06-2014, 10:29 AM
I am ready to go this week as well! I got a fusion rifle that does Void damage and is almost up to 300...this thing is a praetorian shredder! Best weapon I have. Once we turn over tomorrow and I can start getting my vanguard marks again I am going to be buying the shadow prince. I have a legendary primary, but the rate of fire is so high that I don't like using it and won't use ascendant energies to upgrade it. I am also stocked up again for Xur's next visit. When are we going in again?

Also...I am level 28 now and can go in as Voidwalker with Nova bombs.

sam007
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeNz0B_pjyE&list=UUkmAjbIecTIjTQctolYeuDw

After so many attempts, my hunch about beating the boss was confirmed. Its about execution, not gear.

Each week, we've had different members taking part in the Raid, hard to build chemistry that way.

Even though we've had a rag tag Raid team each time, getting to Atheon has not been a problem, its taking him down.

I tried being the Relic holder, its not an easy position, you really need to have your head on a swivel with cleansing and keeping the inside team close together and cleans some more.

REMEC87
10-06-2014, 12:58 PM
That video had some great tips. I think we definitely need to hit him harder after the away team returns, particularly up close with that Titan tip. They said as little as three rounds to bring him down... We can do three rounds guys!

I know that my view was partially obscured by the portal. I didn't want to leave my pillar but I'm think I should move up a bit closer behind that column to the left of the right portal.

sam007
10-06-2014, 01:02 PM
That video had some great tips. I think we definitely need to hit him harder after the away team returns, particularly up close with that Titan tip. They said as little as three rounds to bring him down... We can do three rounds guys!

I know that my view was partially obscured by the portal. I didn't want to leave my pillar but I'm think I should move up a bit closer behind that column to the left of the right portal.

Yeah, the right side does not have a clear line of sight if Atheon shifts. The left side is the same, except for on top of the portal.

I mean, if the super harpies are cleared, get a better line of sight to help out. You can have Gunslinger as subclass and GG the heck out of Atheon during Vengence. I was able to get 9 shots off within 30 seconds when outside. If you can connect with all of them, I was doing about 1300 per shot, so call it another 10k of damage, on top of Beano's 10+k each crit shot, that's a good average. I noticed the Relic shield L1+R1 super blast, did about 5k per connected shot for me.

Madlob75
10-06-2014, 02:14 PM

I had the same mindset. My view was completely obscured by the portal, but my feeling was that I was more important holding that spot. Tonight I'm going to equip my homing rocket launcher. Its not the highest DPS, but I can acquire fast, launch and go quickly...better than nothing. I had some luck throwing nades over the top, but I could never get a clear line of site.

sureMOE
10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
When I played the one time that Beano was running the relic I was able to get off 3 Nova bombs and two rockets before we had to bail off the island. You can definitely get a good chunk of damage on the boss in the allotted time that we have our damage buff going on.

Yeah, the right side does not have a clear line of sight if Atheon shifts. The left side is the same, except for on top of the portal.

I mean, if the super harpies are cleared, get a better line of sight to help out. You can have Gunslinger as subclass and GG the heck out of Atheon during Vengence. I was able to get 9 shots off within 30 seconds when outside. If you can connect with all of them, I was doing about 1300 per shot, so call it another 10k of damage, on top of Beano's 10+k each crit shot, that's a good average. I noticed the Relic shield L1+R1 super blast, did about 5k per connected shot for me.

sam007
10-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Hard mode, what's this I hear, no reviving? :confused:

RC-1136
10-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Hard mode, what's this I hear, no reviving? :confused:

I just did some research. You can revive, but only after you complete the stage. Wow that's mean.

Madlob75
10-07-2014, 12:30 PM
http://youtu.be/WRc9B1SG-C4

Whoa

RC-1136
10-07-2014, 01:19 PM
http://youtu.be/WRc9B1SG-C4

Whoa

Wow. Pushed the mother f-er right off the side. Nice.

sureMOE
10-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Very interesting Templar Boss Fight tips and a way to (supposedly) get a 5th chest to appear while playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_rmnyQV5bg

sam007
10-10-2014, 06:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkwoZZd2y6c

Looks like looting VoG is gonna be a weekly event now. :lol:

sam007
10-11-2014, 05:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSIggFG4KP8

I was using the same rocket launcher as him in the beginning, then I switched to Truth, which is void damage, but it looks like the way to go is with the Gjallarhorn.

But its pretty cool to see a 2 man team take down Atheon.

I just finished watching the whole video, simply insane!

Apparently, you can put down the relic and pick it back up!

Too many good pointers to take in, will need to watch it again to catch it all.

sam007
10-14-2014, 02:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyea2C0Iph0

Ullrsdog
10-14-2014, 02:59 PM
what happened after I beat An-it-an-the-alone....she dropped this...

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag42/Ullrsdog/thisisit_zps2ebfd2af.jpg (http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Ullrsdog/media/thisisit_zps2ebfd2af.jpg.html)

Madlob75
10-14-2014, 03:39 PM

Please follow City-wide guidelines

Beano
10-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Come on someone log in for VOG

SouthtownSlayer
10-15-2014, 05:26 AM
Come on someone log in for VOG

If I would've known we were running VoG, I would've logged on. (hint: use the nice scheduling tool Gink made to create the event)

RC-1136
10-15-2014, 07:23 AM
I'll be up for running it on Friday. Stuck in East Bumblefuck Canada. Everyone sounds like Beans up here. And Tim Hortens Coffee is the worst.

REMEC87
10-15-2014, 07:40 AM
I'll be up for running it on Friday. Stuck in East Bumblefuck Canada. Everyone sounds like Beans up here. And Tim Hortens Coffee is the worst.

I hear East Bumblefuck is nice this time of year. Does Beans sound different to you? I never noticed.

Stop being a hoser, eh? You can make fun of East Bumblefuck and you can definitely make fun of Beans, but lay off the coffee dude.

RC-1136
10-15-2014, 08:01 AM
I hear East Bumblefuck is nice this time of year. Does Beans sound different to you? I never noticed.

Stop being a hoser, eh? You can make fun of East Bumblefuck and you can definitely make fun of Beans, but lay off the coffee dude.

I'm in Lethbridge. You don't sound as Canadian to me as Beans does. I miss my Guardian. :-(

sureMOE
10-15-2014, 01:59 PM
We have 4 guys running the VoG tonight at 9:30pm PST...after we finish weekly heroic and nightfall. We need 2 more if anyone is interested. Thanks!

sureMOE

sam007
10-15-2014, 02:25 PM

:lol:

REMEC87
10-15-2014, 03:32 PM
We have 4 guys running the VoG tonight at 9:30pm PST...after we finish weekly heroic and nightfall. We need 2 more if anyone is interested. Thanks!

sureMOE

I thought we were doing this scheduling on the board Gink setup so that it was a first come, first serve setup? Maybe my settings are messed up and I apologize if it's user error (aka me).

Its a bit late for a week night start for me but if you anyone is up for a Saturday night attempt, let me know. Ill put it on the board.

Ullrsdog
10-15-2014, 03:49 PM
I thought we were doing this scheduling on the board Gink setup so that it was a first come, first serve setup? Maybe my settings are messed up and I apologize if it's user error (aka me).

Its a bit late for a week night start for me but if you anyone is up for a Saturday night attempt, let me know. Ill put it on the board.

It's Rem...he'll spawn back in with 5 tickets left and you'll lose the game! oh wait wrong forum... :banplease:

sureMOE
10-15-2014, 04:39 PM
No, you are not mistaken. It was just a last minute thing that popped up today. I am going to put an official post up on the calendar for Sunday night for a run at the Vault, but I thought I would just see if anybody was up for a short notice start on it tonight. Please don't yell at me REMEC...I am a Minnesotan and you are Canadian...we are practically brothers! *sniff*

Gink
10-15-2014, 08:10 PM

sureMOE

With any luck I'll be able to get on around 10. Don't hold a spot if someone else is available, but if I make it on and see there's room for me I'll join up.

Gink
10-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the invite last night Moe! Even though I didn't get any loot aside from a pile of energy and a few shards, or got enough sleep, it was fun, and good experience in the vault. Hope to make it Sunday for the second half.

sureMOE
10-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the invite last night Moe! Even though I didn't get any loot aside from a pile of energy and a few shards, or got enough sleep, it was fun, and good experience in the vault. Hope to make it Sunday for the second half.

Thanks for joining us dude! It was great to have you on board! I don't think we would have made it nearly as far without you! I am super impressed with how fast we cleared the first plates, I swear it was no more than 10 minutes. Also, it's nice to know how to defeat the templar boss the normal way. Although:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvuf__lCw04

So there's always that!

Gink
10-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Ha! Does it have to be 5 Warlocks to knock him off the edge?

In the future I doubt it'll take nearly as long to take out the Templar, last night was a lot of trial and error. As long as no shield breaking shots miss and he's dead before Enrage it isn't too tough once everyone in the group knows what's going on and are always watching for Oracles and either clearing harpies from their area or helping their neighbors. My biggest problem was breaking my containment bubble quickly and not losing time to be doing damage on the Templar.

I think you're right about the first area. It was over before I knew it. I expected to be killing wave after wave of Praetorians, but don't think there were more than 8-10 tops on the right side, and that's between top and pit. They never managed to steal right plate back from us, don't think they got center either. Left side struggled for a minute or two, but recovered quickly.

jacknighttamer
10-16-2014, 11:33 PM
I can run it on Friday at10 east time

sam007
10-17-2014, 08:58 AM
I can run it on Friday at10 east time

http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=41&day=2014-10-18&c=2

:wink:

REMEC87
10-17-2014, 09:04 AM
http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=41&day=2014-10-18&c=2

:wink:

Your link is for Saturday

SouthtownSlayer
10-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Your link is for Saturday

Show's Friday for me, but have heard people say over chat that is show's Saturday so I put the day / time in the post.

Gink
10-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Show's Friday for me, but have heard people say over chat that is show's Saturday so I put the day / time in the post.

First I've heard that the schedule is displaying wrong times for some folks.
Shows Friday 7:00pm for me, correct for my timezone... it should show everyone the correct time/date for the timezone they have set in their account settings.

sam007
10-19-2014, 08:33 AM
There is no such thing as a "free lunch" when raiding. :lol:

Madlob75
10-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Sorry if I messed you guys up last night. As I joined the Fireteam, my daughter got out of bed and wouldn't get back in. After several minutes of, "it's too light and too dark in my room" I realized that I was not raiding tonight. Next time.

Major Stains
10-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Sorry if I messed you guys up last night. As I joined the Fireteam, my daughter got out of bed and wouldn't get back in. After several minutes of, "it's too light and too dark in my room" I realized that I was not raiding tonight. Next time.

Sounds like a typical night in MPville... :biggrin:

SouthtownSlayer
10-19-2014, 02:44 PM

No apology required Crazy Lobster, it's the little one that you had to take care of that makes us MP!

RC-1136
10-20-2014, 07:57 AM
No apology required Crazy Lobster, it's the little one that you had to take care of that makes us MP!

Agreed. You made Stewie's day, though since he got to complete the raid before Jake did.

I have to say that it is so nice to have the proper armor and leveled up weapons so I don't have to feel like I'm being carried through the raid anymore.

sureMOE
10-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Last night we did a run through the raid that is the smoothest I have seen so far, by far. We went from the beginning of the Gorgon's maze (the people who hadn't run it that week still got their loot chests!) to beating Atheon in 1.5 hours. I was pretty shocked at how quickly I was signing off and heading to bed! We had some awesome team work thanks to Madlob, Jake, Beans, REMEC and my buddy Joel. Thanks for joining at the last minute guys! That worked out awesome.

Beans, I would love to know a breakdown of how to handle the relic in the last two phases.

Here's a tip for when everybody bubbles up and will probably more apply to when 3 random people get teleported in. We were trying to stack 6 guys in the bubble, which worked pretty well. Pro tip from the guys last night was to stay away from the column because of the splash damage will kill you. When you are stacked up with 6 guys, it seems like we could have 3 guys in the back running normal guns or heavy machine guns and the 3 guys in the front running Warlock nova bombs (the one that shoots straight like a projectile), Hunter golden guns and rocket launchers. Rocket launchers will shoot out of the protective bubble but will blow you up if someone is standing in front of you, so they should not be used from the back row. If we had 3 guys up front using that kind of firepower and standing still, we could be pretty efficient in taking Atheon down. I tried at one time last night to stay out of the bubble and shoot rocket launchers from next to the gate up to the right, but the harpies killed me while I wasn't paying attention. Someone was standing on the gate to left where the harpies couldn't get them, maybe you can stay there and just shoot rockets. Is there a benefit to being in the bubble other than protection?

Overall, it was a super great run last night and I am glad to finally have beaten Atheon! Now it's on to collecting raid gear and figuring out a strategy to beat this all on hard mode. Thanks for joining last night guys!

sam007
10-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Last night we did a run through the raid that is the smoothest I have seen so far, by far. We went from the beginning of the Gorgon's maze (the people who hadn't run it that week still got their loot chests!) to beating Atheon in 1.5 hours. I was pretty shocked at how quickly I was signing off and heading to bed! We had some awesome team work thanks to Madlob, Jake, Beans, REMEC and my buddy Joel. Thanks for joining at the last minute guys! That worked out awesome.

Beans, I would love to know a breakdown of how to handle the relic in the last two phases.

Here's a tip for when everybody bubbles up and will probably more apply to when 3 random people get teleported in. We were trying to stack 6 guys in the bubble, which worked pretty well. Pro tip from the guys last night was to stay away from the column because of the splash damage will kill you. When you are stacked up with 6 guys, it seems like we could have 3 guys in the back running normal guns or heavy machine guns and the 3 guys in the front running Warlock nova bombs (the one that shoots straight like a projectile), Hunter golden guns and rocket launchers. Rocket launchers will shoot out of the protective bubble but will blow you up if someone is standing in front of you, so they should not be used from the back row. If we had 3 guys up front using that kind of firepower and standing still, we could be pretty efficient in taking Atheon down. I tried at one time last night to stay out of the bubble and shoot rocket launchers from next to the gate up to the right, but the harpies killed me while I wasn't paying attention. Someone was standing on the gate to left where the harpies couldn't get them, maybe you can stay there and just shoot rockets. Is there a benefit to being in the bubble other than protection?

Overall, it was a super great run last night and I am glad to finally have beaten Atheon! Now it's on to collecting raid gear and figuring out a strategy to beat this all on hard mode. Thanks for joining last night guys!

Here is what I noticed when using the bubble on the island. Its not a glitch. If a part of the bubble catches that small pillar, its inside the bubble so any splash damage will kill the closest person to it. What I did was made sure the bubble does not even touch that pillar and any splash damage was absorbed by the shield and everyone inside was safe.

Using a rocket launcher while inside the relic bubble is a safety hazard. :wink: forget about back blast, its making sure there's no friendly in front! :lol:

Everyone in the middle is for protection and DPS cause of the buff of Time's Vengeance. If and when Bungie makes the change so its 3 randoms that get teleported, it does not matter where you stand and you might as well get that added 2/3s of DPS before a titan bubbles for protection, then getting teleported.

The last two phases of Atheon.

It depends on the DPS of the ones going in to get the Relic. I was able to "solo" it one night. Take down the Gatekeeper, Praetorians, grab the Relic and get the hell out. This is the stage in which the outside team protected the left plate. Once the Relic is out, the team must shift to protect the Conflux and open the right plate/portal. Then the Relic holder and another goes through to grab the other Relic and get back out.

The sequence for that is Relic holder smashes the mobs while the 2nd takes out the Gatekeeper. #1 Relic holder needs to cleanse #2 Relic holder. Once both Relics are in hand, go back through the portal and everyone protects the Conflux. Then when the Relics disappear, its onto final stage of taking out Atheon.

Madlob75
10-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Moe, I've tried just staying on the left pillar and I didn't have a clear line of sight to the target. If the right has a clear shot, then staying might be the better option. I would wait to fire until the middle team starts laying into him though to draw fire away from that side.

sureMOE
10-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Moe, I've tried just staying on the left pillar and I didn't have a clear line of sight to the target. If the right has a clear shot, then staying might be the better option. I would wait to fire until the middle team starts laying into him though to draw fire away from that side.

Good to know Lob, thanks!

I also wanted to point out something that the 'home' team was doing yesterday. We had two guys on the left side, REMEC on the pilar in the middle of the left plate and Madlob up on top of the left gate and then me on the pillar in the middle of the right plate. One thing that worked really really well is that the suplicants come in waves...left side...right side...left side...right side. I think they rarely come at the same time. Whenever they were on my side, REMEC and Madlob concentrated on shooting across to my side to weaken or take out the suplicants so that by the time they got to me they were weaker and easier to kill and then when that wave was done, I would do the same for their side and weaken or destroy the suplicants for them. This was super effective and made them very manageable. I think this is the most efficient way I have seen dealing with those pests. The other thing to be clear of is that when the relic holder says they are coming out of a certain gate, that you focus all fire on whatever suplicants may be still loitering around that gate so as not to sneak up on the 'away' team and blow them up when they come through and are disoriented.

RC-1136
10-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Good to know Lob, thanks!

I also wanted to point out something that the 'home' team was doing yesterday. We had two guys on the left side, REMEC on the pilar in the middle of the left plate and Madlob up on top of the left gate and then me on the pillar in the middle of the right plate. One thing that worked really really well is that the suplicants come in waves...left side...right side...left side...right side. I think they rarely come at the same time. Whenever they were on my side, REMEC and Madlob concentrated on shooting across to my side to weaken or take out the suplicants so that by the time they got to me they were weaker and easier to kill and then when that wave was done, I would do the same for their side and weaken or destroy the suplicants for them. This was super effective and made them very manageable. I think this is the most efficient way I have seen dealing with those pests. The other thing to be clear of is that when the relic holder says they are coming out of a certain gate, that you focus all fire on whatever suplicants may be still loitering around that gate so as not to sneak up on the 'away' team and blow them up when they come through and are disoriented.

Throwing a grenade that tracks targets right after the supplicants spawns also softens them up for easier killing.

Madlob75
10-21-2014, 07:14 AM
Good run last night. We got much further than I expected considering how late we started (and beginning with only five of us). The RNG gods were kind to me as I picked up a set of Raid Gauntlets and the void sniper rifle. Had we started about an hour earlier we could have finished no problem.

RC-1136
10-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Good run last night. We got much further than I expected considering how late we started (and beginning with only five of us). The RNG gods were kind to me as I picked up a set of Raid Gauntlets and the void sniper rifle. Had we started about an hour earlier we could have finished no problem.

We got to the Templar in about 30 minutes. I only died once up to that point and it was because I fell of the side. The raid gauntlets let you get more super energy from killing Praetorions or Oracles which is awesome when using the self revive or titan bubble.

sam007
10-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Some of us are ready for hard mode. :wink:

Good job last night to all those who were part of the rag tag, last minute raid team.

REMEC87
10-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Some of us are ready for hard mode. :wink:

Good job last night to all those who were part of the rag tag, last minute raid team.

I feel pretty good about all parts except the Templar...I haven't played it since the patch.

sam007
10-21-2014, 07:53 AM
I feel pretty good about all parts except the Templar...I haven't played it since the patch.

You'll be fine, I started a new thread to discuss the Templar stage in particular and what to look for to prevent the Templar from teleporting. Baby steps for everyone taking part in the raid, most of use are geared up now.

http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?10724-Defeating-the-Templar

sureMOE
10-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Last night was unbelievable! We started the Vault of Glass at 9:40 PST and flew through it with speed I have never experienced before. We beat Atheon, after numerous resets and a last stage substituion, by 11:40pm!!! 2 hours and we would have been faster if we could have gotten our act together on Atheon! We even got the elusive 5th chest and can confirm it's legit! We pushed the Templar off with grenades to keep him from teleporting. I would expect that you won't be able to do that for much longer, so take advantage of it while you can. What an amazing run last night. I think we are going to take a shot at Hard mode on Friday night! Thanks Jack for the last minute substitution. You made our night!

Danbo
10-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Can't wait to join you guys :) Sounds really fun.

Madlob75
10-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Is anyone interested in running VoG as a training session? I tried out the Relic with Aetheon last night and failed miserably. It would be good for me at least to go in with the sole purpose of trying different roles and not worry that we aren't finishing things fast enough. Have everyone try different roles in certain areas, then move on when we're ready.

sam007
10-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Is anyone interested in running VoG as a training session? I tried out the Relic with Aetheon last night and failed miserably. It would be good for me at least to go in with the sole purpose of trying different roles and not worry that we aren't finishing things fast enough. Have everyone try different roles in certain areas, then move on when we're ready.

I'm down with that. Last night I played the left sync plate for the first stage of the raid with Remec and now see why they die so often over on that side compared to the other 2.

The plate is between two different elevations of where the mobs spawn. At least thats what I noticed.

sureMOE
10-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Once you've completed it for the week, can you just choose what stage you want to play or do you have to start over again? I am up for practicing new areas, I am trying to get to hard mode and hoping to find some people tomorrow night that may want to give it a whirl and see what happens. I am feeling pretty comfortable with the relic at most stages, but need to understand the 'away' team more on the sync plate battle before Atheon. Let me know when you guys are going in again and if you are up for hard mode, look for me tomorrow night.

mechatool
10-23-2014, 11:14 AM
If any spots are open when I log in, I'll join. I watched videos, but need to run through it to really get a grasp of the different roles.

REMEC87
10-23-2014, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't mind some time with the relics just in case they do randomize it eventually

REMEC87
10-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Would also like to see the 3rd panel on the first part and be on the away team for the last stage too.

REMEC87
10-25-2014, 07:29 AM
We completed the VoG in 1hour and 37 minutes last night. Southtownslayer, breaking nobody, Beanstwoniner, RC-1136, madlob, and myself.

Could have done it quicker but old man southtown's bladder kept acting up :)

sam007
10-25-2014, 02:19 PM
We completed the VoG in 1hour and 37 minutes last night. Southtownslayer, breaking nobody, Beanstwoniner, RC-1136, madlob, and myself.

Could have done it quicker but old man southtown's bladder kept acting up :)

You also forget a certain somebody not following directions again. :lol:

sureMOE
10-29-2014, 09:55 AM
We went and cleared the VoG last night and that new patch to Atheon is a giant pain in the ass!! We were still able to get it together and take him down, but the random teleport really causes far more wipes than before. It's really really hard to have a plan for the away team when you can't predict who's going to be there. There were lots of missed oracles, death by the Praetorian on the Mars side, cleansing problems, etc, etc. I would expect it's going to take a couple weeks for everyone to get comfortable with all of the parts. Also, the grenade trick still works on the Templar boss. So what rewards did I get for my trouble? Another f*cking pair of dumb ass stupid ass boots for the Warlock...that's number 3 with nothing else. I am really starting to resent this messed up loot system! :(

mechatool
10-29-2014, 10:57 AM
We went and cleared the VoG last night and that new patch to Atheon is a giant pain in the ass!! We were still able to get it together and take him down, but the random teleport really causes far more wipes than before. It's really really hard to have a plan for the away team when you can't predict who's going to be there. There were lots of missed oracles, death by the Praetorian on the Mars side, cleansing problems, etc, etc. I would expect it's going to take a couple weeks for everyone to get comfortable with their parts. Also, the grenade trick still works on the Templar boss. So what rewards did I get for my trouble? Another f*cking pair of dumb ass stupid ass boots for the Warlock...that's number 3 with nothing else. I am really starting to resent this messed up loot system! :(

Thanks for letting me run the Raid last night! Sorry I had to bail with my 11 month old running fever. I thought we made it to the end stage real fast. Looking forward to doing it again.

RC-1136
10-30-2014, 06:50 AM
Sorry I had to bail on the raid last night. I did get my last piece of raid armor.

sam007
10-30-2014, 07:02 AM
Sorry I had to bail on the raid last night. I did get my last piece of raid armor.

That's cool, we managed to beat Atheon in 15m once you left. :lol:

I now know I can solo retrieving the Relic for the first phase against Atheon. :lol:

RC-1136
10-30-2014, 07:13 AM
That's cool, we managed to beat Atheon in 15m once you left. :lol:

I now know I can solo retrieving the Relic for the first phase against Atheon. :lol:

That figures. lol. I was just exhausted and feel it today. I couldn't stay up any longer. How was the random teleporting? I guess it wasn't too hard if you beat him in 15 mins.

REMEC87
10-31-2014, 09:37 AM
My destiny app says I have now completed the VoG 5 times now with the fastest time being 1h10m. Can anybody beat that time?

RC-1136
10-31-2014, 10:12 AM
My destiny app says I have now completed the VoG 5 times now with the fastest time being 1h10m. Can anybody beat that time?

Mine says 40m 35s, but I never did the complete raid that quick. It must have been one of the times where we picked up the raid somewhere in the middle. I do think we need to do a legit speed run on it. One where we don't have to stop for chests. Just run like hell through the whole thing.

sam007
10-31-2014, 11:44 AM
I can only find the completions, no time for me. I've also checked Bungie.net and same thing. I must be missing something. :lol:

RC-1136
10-31-2014, 11:53 AM
I can only find the completions, no time for me. I've also checked Bungie.net and same thing. I must be missing something. :lol:

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Gink
11-01-2014, 11:34 AM
You have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Took me forever to find, I checked Grimoire, then Advisors, before finding the stats under Guardian. 50m 57s. Gotta be a partial run. Before the patch I ran it start to finish with a group that cheesed both Templar and Atheon and it was still just shy of 1.5hrs

sam007
11-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Took me forever to find, I checked Grimoire, then Advisors, before finding the stats under Guardian. 50m 57s. Gotta be a partial run. Before the patch I ran it start to finish with a group that cheesed both Templar and Atheon and it was still just shy of 1.5hrs

Much better description as to how to find the time, then "scroll down" :lol:

sam007
11-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Just giving you guys the heads up but I'm going on vacation starting on the 15th and will be back on the 22nd.

Better get your Relic holder pants on in the mean time. :lol:

RC-1136
11-03-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm going to wait until I get my Titan rank up above 27 before I run the raid with it again. I've been a liability to the fire team this week. I will run it with my primary because I really want Atheon's Revenge. Or what ever the Raid pulse rifle is.

RC-1136
11-03-2014, 12:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS_B00VJwOs&list=PL7ZT527F40tFrV7np3S27dbNSxL_duYo8

Vid on how to handle the Relic.

REMEC87
11-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Don't forget to sign up for tonight's VoG run. Difficulty tbd....

RC-1136
11-05-2014, 12:53 PM

I didn't see an event scheduled for tonight, but I will be there.

REMEC87
11-05-2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=61&day=2014-11-5&c=2

Madlob75
11-05-2014, 01:10 PM

I'm in....although I did get the major stink eye last night from SWMBO. The kind of look a grown woman gives a grown man when he says something about last night being important because Nightfall restarted.

RC-1136
11-05-2014, 01:22 PM
http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=61&day=2014-11-5&c=2

It says RSVP'ing is closed.

REMEC87
11-05-2014, 03:15 PM
It says RSVP'ing is closed.

I think you're doing it wrong lol.

Mine says it's still open until 10pm tonight.

Badgerute
11-05-2014, 04:30 PM
When I was a young boy, a man named Xur molested me. True story.

Madlob75
11-05-2014, 06:10 PM

I was on the moon yesterday and saw some discarded armor and weapons with your name in them. Your character was laying there in a heap of disuse. It was a sad site.

sam007
11-05-2014, 06:53 PM
I was on the moon yesterday and saw some discarded armor and weapons with your name in them. Your character was laying there in a heap of disuse. It was a sad site.

The moon? You mean its not that spooky pile of stuff in the old Skywatch loot cave?

REMEC87
11-05-2014, 08:28 PM

Is that why you traded in destiny? That's right, we know!

How many burgers were you able to buy with the proceeds? The first step is admitting you have a problem.

RC-1136
11-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Is that why you traded in destiny? That's right, we know!

How many burgers were you able to buy with the proceeds? The first step is admitting you have a problem.

That's what I heard. That you sold the game for burger money. Your name should be be whimpyute from now in.

"I will gladly sell Destiny on Tuesday for a burger today."

sam007
11-06-2014, 09:11 AM

Lob was correct, he did see the remains on the moon. Or is that Beano's carcass? :confused:

sam007
11-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Mech, Halloween was last week and he's still going back for treats. :lol:

Another MP's cherry has been popped.

Can you spot him? :lol:

Thanks Mech for running the Raid with us, even though he's gotten his loot for this week.

sam007
11-06-2014, 09:17 AM
That's what I heard. That you sold the game for burger money. Your name should be be whimpyute from now in.

"I will gladly sell Destiny on Tuesday for a burger today."

http://wimpysdiner.ca/

If Badger's ever in Ontario. :lol:

Gink
11-06-2014, 09:32 AM
You all must be getting pretty efficient with the raid runs. I logged on a few minutes past 10pm PST and there wasn't an MP in sight.

sam007
11-06-2014, 09:35 AM
You all must be getting pretty efficient with the raid runs. I logged on a few minutes past 10pm PST and there wasn't an MP in sight.

Under 2 hours, anything beyond that and its brain farts all around. As proven from last weeks attempts.

Not to mention, most of us are 29/30 and Lob and RC are getting a crack at being the Relic holder. The group needs like 3 reliable Relic holders.

sam007
11-06-2014, 02:31 PM
The remains of a Guardian were discovered when patrolling the moon.

Possible victims, Southtown or Beano. :lol:

RC-1136
11-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Under 2 hours, anything beyond that and its brain farts all around. As proven from last weeks attempts.

Not to mention, most of us are 29/30 and Lob and RC are getting a crack at being the Relic holder. The group needs like 3 reliable Relic holders.

Yeah. Last night was the first time that I could use the relic and not get everyone killed inside. We would have done it real fast, but we tried that BS route to the Templar and 3 times we made dumb mistakes when we were one more teleport away from beating Atheon.

sam007
11-07-2014, 10:28 AM
I just noticed, at each checkpoint of the raid, our ammo gets replenished.

RC-1136
11-07-2014, 11:09 AM
I just noticed, at each checkpoint of the raid, our ammo gets replenished.

I noticed that too last night. Originally, I thought I walked over ammo on the ground.

BusySignal
11-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Are there runs planned tonight/this weekend? Want to run my Hunter class. Is there a sign up?

sam007
11-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Are there runs planned tonight/this weekend? Want to run my Hunter class. Is there a sign up?

I'll be on around 2100 hrs. est. and plan to run a raid at 2200 hrs. est. for those who have missed out during the week. :smile: You got yourself a spot.

sureMOE
11-10-2014, 12:42 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ltt30/sga_consider_not_using_grenades_on_atheon/

A really good read about how to optimize killing Atheon. TL;DR is that you don't use grenades and Nova bombs because it makes Atheon move around a lot more making him harder to kill and your team more prone to wipes...especially useful for hard mode.

sam007
11-10-2014, 03:34 PM
I was never really a fan at spamming grenades anyways. :lol:

How did last nights attempt on hard mode go?

RC-1136
11-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I was never really a fan at spamming grenades anyways. :lol:

How did last nights attempt on hard mode go?

I'm running it on hard tonight. Join me if you dare. 10 EST or earlier if we have 6. Getting it done. I checked and check point rewards are difference for hard and normal so we will get loot even if we've run it already this week.

sureMOE
11-10-2014, 03:58 PM
We made it to the sync plates and almost made it through the sync plates. We had one time where we were super close but our team was dropping like flies on the right plate outside the right gate. I got my gloves finally, so I was super super happy and am on the road to 30 now. We had a really successful night and I felt like everybody was pretty chill...very low frustration for how hard it was at times. I think the only bad moment was when I gave crap to Madlob for running ahead of the guy that was leading us through the Gorgon maze because I wasn't sure if he knew the Gorgon's behaved differently...then I realized I sounded like an ass! Hahahaha, sorry Madlob! Also, he got his first chance at cheesing the Templar and getting the 5th chest. Overall, it was super fun and I am excited to run it again. I think we are permanently moving to hard mode now and I will probably reserve normal for my alt character that I am trying to level up...but it's only 22 still, ouch. Sorry we didn't do it on Saturday, it would have been fun running it with you.

TL;DR - hard mode is a two night adventure for now

sam007
11-10-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm running it on hard tonight. Join me if you dare. 10 EST or earlier if we have 6. Getting it done. I checked and check point rewards are difference for hard and normal so we will get loot even if we've run it already this week.

I was gonna have a relaxing night before the reset but if you're gonna have a go at it, I'm in!

sam007
11-10-2014, 04:52 PM
We made it to the sync plates and almost made it through the sync plates. We had one time where we were super close but our team was dropping like flies on the right plate outside the right gate. I got my gloves finally, so I was super super happy and am on the road to 30 now. We had a really successful night and I felt like everybody was pretty chill...very low frustration for how hard it was at times. I think the only bad moment was when I gave crap to Madlob for running ahead of the guy that was leading us through the Gorgon maze because I wasn't sure if he knew the Gorgon's behaved differently...then I realized I sounded like an ass! Hahahaha, sorry Madlob! Also, he got his first chance at cheesing the Templar and getting the 5th chest. Overall, it was super fun and I am excited to run it again. I think we are permanently moving to hard mode now and I will probably reserve normal for my alt character that I am trying to level up...but it's only 22 still, ouch. Sorry we didn't do it on Saturday, it would have been fun running it with you.

TL;DR - hard mode is a two night adventure for now

The Gorgon's maze is a breeze, even with the "new" additions. Same path, with a slight change in timing, nothing we have not passed before.

REMEC87
11-10-2014, 04:52 PM
I was gonna have a relaxing night before the reset but if you're gonna have a go at it, I'm in!

I'm in too!

sureMOE
11-10-2014, 05:04 PM
The Gorgon's maze is a breeze, even with the "new" additions. Same path, with a slight change in timing, nothing we have not passed before.

Have you made it through hard mode? We end up going up the rocks again because of that stationary Gorgon in the old path, would be interesting to see a video of how you guys are passing it now without going vertical.

sam007
11-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Have you made it through hard mode? We end up going up the rocks again because of that stationary Gorgon in the old path, would be interesting to see a video of how you guys are passing it now without going vertical.

http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?10771-Gorgon-s-Labyrith&p=310716#post310716

Just watch the video, its fairly simple after you find the cone rocks.

And no, we only got to the Oracles stage.

sam007
11-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Just throwing this out there, but I was thinking, since I'm gonna be gone for 8 days soon, do you guys want to "speed run" the Vault tonight on normal mode, twice and then do hard mode tomorrow night?

We start at 2100 hrs. est. tonight if we do, but even if we try hard mode, getting an extra hour would help out too.

RC-1136
11-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Just throwing this out there, but I was thinking, since I'm gonna be gone for 8 days soon, do you guys want to "speed run" the Vault tonight on normal mode, twice and then do hard mode tomorrow night?

We start at 2100 hrs. est. tonight if we do, but even if we try hard mode, getting an extra hour would help out too.

I can't be on until at least 21:30, but I'll be up to speed running it after that.

REMEC87
11-12-2014, 02:49 PM
I can't be on until at least 21:30, but I'll be up to speed running it after that.

I'd be down to speed run VoG at 21:30 too if you need me.

mechatool
11-12-2014, 05:57 PM
I down with the speed run.

SouthtownSlayer
11-12-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm a no go, have a long drive down to the Pentagon tomorrow; I hate D.C. traffic!!!!

Madlob75
11-12-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm a no go, have a long drive down to the Pentagon tomorrow; I hate D.C. traffic!!!!

Yeah, that trip to the Pentagon can be a bitch.

sam007
11-13-2014, 08:01 AM

Does that mean you're ready to put down the xbox controller? :lol:

Heck, I've got an 8-10 hour drive this saturday morning. :Cry:

Madlob75
11-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Great run last night guys. I think we finished just under an hour and could have shaved off several minutes at that. I'm sure I missed the weapons of light bubble strategy, but that was key. I think we took Atheon down after two passes through the gates? Really looking forward to Hard mode tonight.

sam007
11-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Great run last night guys. I think we finished just under an hour and could have shaved off several minutes at that. I'm sure I missed the weapons of light bubble strategy, but that was key. I think we took Atheon down after two passes through the gates? Really looking forward to Hard mode tonight.

I'm sure we could have taken a few minutes off our time had RC not lead us the wrong way in the Gorgon's maze to the 2nd chest. :lol:

You not falling off during the Templar fight after you bubbled. :lol:

Remec not dying so often. :lol:

Mech not dipping his (camel) toe in the green goo. :lol:

And me, not having the Mars Gatekeeper drop on my head after I had killed him. :lol: (He was right above the Relic when he died)

REMEC87
11-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Remec not dying so often. :lol:

died)

I was a squishy level 28 with my helmet equipped. The only place I felt the extra golden gun shot came in handy was at the last stage to kill oracles after being teleported. If I would have run the raspberry chest piece through the first half I wouldn't have died as much.

sam007
11-13-2014, 11:13 AM
I was a squishy level 28 with my helmet equipped. The only place I felt the extra golden gun shot came in handy was at the last stage to kill oracles after being teleported. If I would have run the raspberry chest piece through the first half I wouldn't have died as much.

For hard mode, when you're running low on ammo and all you have left is your super, I'm sure you'll think other wise. :wink: Not to mention generating orbs for the rest of the team to pick up so they can use their super and the cycle starts all over.

And since when is a level 28 on normal mode considered "squishy"? :lol:

RC-1136
11-14-2014, 08:26 AM

Your new avatar is a little stupid looking.

REMEC87
11-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Your new avatar is a little stupid looking.
I concur. My Peter/Che Guevara is the epitome of class :)

Uglyduck213
11-15-2014, 03:18 AM
Good run tonight guys! There was a learning curve without our MP Raid Guides but you all stuck it out. Strong work! Thanks for your patience while I learned the ropes with the relic on the Templar stage. I'm looking forward to knocking out Atheon with you now!

sam007
11-15-2014, 06:42 PM
I miss raiding already. Lol

Madlob75
11-17-2014, 06:55 AM
Good little tactic.

http://youtu.be/bjwuQi4hWj0

SouthtownSlayer
11-17-2014, 08:32 AM
I miss raiding already. Lol

I don't, freaking catching up on some long needed sleep as well as not having to hear my wife bitch at me for continuously hitting snooze on the alarm in the morning!

RC-1136
11-17-2014, 10:22 AM
I don't, freaking catching up on some long needed sleep as well as not having to hear my wife bitch at me for continuously hitting snooze on the alarm in the morning!

Who the hell is this? A new TeamMP member?

Madlob75
11-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Who the hell is this? A new TeamMP member?

Must be one of those XBone guys....never heard of him. Welcome to the Team!

Ullrsdog
11-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Must be one of those XBone guys....never heard of him. Welcome to the Team!

HAHAHAhaAAAA is that what you'll say about me when I leave for Final Stand this week? I will likely play some destiny tonight, I need to complete some patrols on Venus I think, and I need to kill some dude on Mars. I just hit level 15 so I guess I can start working on my sub-class??? I guess I should be asking you guys though.

REMEC87
11-26-2014, 10:03 AM
So? VoG run tonight? I know Danbo is in.... Can we get 4 others?

mechatool
11-26-2014, 10:28 AM
If you start 10 central or later, I'll run normal with y'all. It should only take an hour on normal.

Madlob75
11-26-2014, 10:57 AM
So? VoG run tonight? I know Danbo is in.... Can we get 4 others?

I'm in

Danbo
11-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Can we say 9PM Eastern?

10 Central is a little late for me :/ On friday I won't have any trouble with a later hour for VoG Hard....provided I make it to 29.

REMEC87
11-26-2014, 11:57 AM
We usually try to run it around 9:30-9:45EST. On regular it takes a bit over an hour.

Spike Forehand
11-26-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm in!!

sam007
11-26-2014, 01:30 PM
So speed run normal tonight? I've got lots of ground to make up after missing a week. :lol:

2130 hrs. est. start for first run.

2300 hrs. est. start for second run.

Its all posted under the calendars section. :wink:

sam007
11-26-2014, 01:49 PM
If you start 10 central or later, I'll run normal with y'all. It should only take an hour on normal.

Speed run #2 works perfect for CST. guys. :lol:

mechatool
11-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Count me in for 2nd speed run tonight.

sam007
11-26-2014, 04:02 PM

Does that mean you're "forever lost in the dark corners of time"? :lol:

Madlob75
11-26-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm in and should be good for both runs. That's assuming my night-owl 6yo falls asleep.

Spike Forehand
11-26-2014, 06:38 PM
In for the first and will join the second if ur short handed. If not I'll be Far Cry 4ing if anyone wants to join me for some coop.

Danbo
11-27-2014, 08:49 AM
Last night's first run was interesting. I think we got better as a group yesterday. Two of yesterday's wipes are entirely on me. But those of you who know me, know that I rarely make the same mistake twice! For some reason, I had forgotten what came between the Gate Keeper and Atheon. Beans was yelling at me to get out, and I was sure I was headed in the right direction! :attention:
But like I said: next run will be better and I think that before long, any 6 of us will be able to get passed the raid on normal with our eyes closed. I thought the first part up until the Templar was near flawless, which is very encouraging.
I got the Chest piece, a considerable amount of shards and Praedyth's Revenge. Very satisfied with the haul and can't wait to do it again!

sam007
11-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Last night's first run was interesting. I think we got better as a group yesterday. Two of yesterday's wipes are entirely on me. But those of you who know me, know that I rarely make the same mistake twice! For some reason, I had forgotten what came between the Gate Keeper and Atheon. Beans was yelling at me to get out, and I was sure I was headed in the right direction! :attention:
But like I said: next run will be better and I think that before long, any 6 of us will be able to get passed the raid on normal with our eyes closed. I thought the first part up until the Templar was near flawless, which is very encouraging.
I got the Chest piece, a considerable amount of shards and Praedyth's Revenge. Very satisfied with the haul and can't wait to do it again!

Yeah, sorry dude, the "yelling" is out of urgency cause during the Gatekeeper stage of retrieving the Relics, there is no need in anyone being in there, its just understanding what's going on, that's all. With a few more runs on normal, you'll be ready for hard mode, cause every second counts.

The double retrieval is off the list now, we'll stick to left, then right, that way its less confusing. Two have already chimed in about how they prefer to do one gate at a time.

Just last night, I just wanted to get through it as fast as possible to see if we could have run it again, but having you and Spike, whom have not run it as much as the 4 of us, that's just not possible and I expected too much from the group. That's my fault and I'm sorry for that.

Spike Forehand
11-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Yeah - good run last night.

I definitely learned that my scout rifle "Vision of Confluence" is the way to go on the oracles - even though it's not fully leveled. I was trying to use my fully leveled auto rifle "Shadow Price" thinking that it was better. Once I switched to "Vision" was knocking down oracles way faster.

I also had a few embarrassing ridiculous rookie fails - falling off platforms, firing rockets inside bubbles, etc. - and a shit-ton of missed oracles that I'm sure slowed us down a bit. Overall though I think my raiding is definitely improving having run it a couple of times now. I felt pretty comfortable covering the right side during the first part of the templar stage and was able to hit a little bit of rhythm with the oracles toward the end. The platforms I'm pretty much able to keep down to less than 1/2 dozen attempts (sorry - I will probably never get better at that).

First priority is definitely to get "Vision" fully upgraded. Likewise I wanna get "Hezen's Vengeance" (solar rocket launcher) and "Kabr's Brazen Grips" (my new gauntlets from the Hard raid on Tuesday night that can go to 329) fully upgraded so that I can wear them and get a little closer to 30.

This game continues to amaze.

Danbo
11-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeah, sorry dude, the "yelling" is out of urgency cause during the Gatekeeper stage of retrieving the Relics, there is no need in anyone being in there, its just understanding what's going on, that's all. With a few more runs on normal, you'll be ready for hard mode, cause every second counts.

The double retrieval is off the list now, we'll stick to left, then right, that way its less confusing. Two have already chimed in about how they prefer to do one gate at a time.

Just last night, I just wanted to get through it as fast as possible to see if we could have run it again, but having you and Spike, whom have not run it as much as the 4 of us, that's just not possible and I expected too much from the group. That's my fault and I'm sorry for that.

No apologies needed. We are MP, and a lot is expected of us every single day outside of gaming. I don't see why it should be any different in-game :)

Danbo
11-27-2014, 10:38 AM
I also had a few embarrassing ridiculous rookie fails - falling off platforms, firing rockets inside bubbles, etc.

I don't think any of us are 100% fail proof :P The Templar's bubbles don't always show up, and sometimes show up late or at odd times...if you got a launcher, odds are you're gonna blow yourself up at times!
As for the platform jumping, my double jump makes it easier...

This game continues to amaze.

Yes, I really can't wait to see how far they will bring the game!

REMEC87
11-27-2014, 10:50 AM
There is definitely a learning curve to this game. I got a few more attempts with the relic last night on Atheon stage...messed up a couple of times but had some success as well.

There was talk about 1st/2nd shooter with regard to the oracles. This is a must if we are to ever make hard mode a regular success.

A tip for those that don't know...hitting an oracle as soon as it starts appearing will stop any further hit point increases thus making them easier to destroy. Learn the pattern, know the pattern :)

REMEC87
11-27-2014, 10:57 AM
As to the yelling, I would like to apologize to our American friends for the outbursts...what did you really expect from a bunch of lumberjack/baby seal clubbers? We are heathens after all.

At least we are apologetic after the fact :)

Danbo
11-27-2014, 11:18 AM
As to the yelling, I would like to apologize to our American friends for the outbursts...what did you really expect from a bunch of lumberjack/baby seal clubbers? We are heathens after all.

At least we are apologetic after the fact :)

I believe the term hosers was used excessively...

REMEC87
11-27-2014, 11:40 AM
I believe the term hosers was used excessively...

Sorry for that, eh!

BusySignal
11-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Man it sucks to miss out on the raiding but trading in the controller for a steering wheel is oh so much fun too. See you guys Sunday or Monday. 5183

Spike Forehand
11-29-2014, 03:49 PM
I added an event to the calendar for a normal raid tonight if there's enough interest.

I think you guys ran Hard mode last night, or will you ruin it again tonight? I think I still need a few more normal mode raids before I'd be comfortable trying Hard again.

Also - Beans I think the times are screwed up on the ones you scheduled. They show as 5:30PM to me.

http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/calendar.php?calendarid=2

Madlob75
11-29-2014, 05:44 PM
After Beans told me about Super Good Advice and oracles, I've started leveling mine up. Watch his ammo count.

http://youtu.be/dLTMid1K79A

sam007
11-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Just how many people still need to run normal to get experience and gear in order to run hard?

State class and level and your best weapons you use for the raid to give me an idea.

Example:

Level 27 Gunslinger, Legendary non-raid primary, Praedyth's Revenge, Exotic Heavy. etc.

Thanks.

Madlob75
11-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Level 26 Hunter, exotic helmet, Vanguard gauntlets. I think I have all the main normal weapons: VoC, AE, Hezens, Pradeths. Looking for gear.

sam007
11-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Here's another idea to keep things fresh, Flawless run attempts on sunday night if we've gotten hard mode done for the week?

Spike Forehand
11-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Titan, Level 29.5,
Primary: Vision of Confluence (fully leveled)
Secondaries: Icebreaker (fully leveled)/Praedeth's Revenge (not used yet)
Heavies: Hezen's Revenge (awaiting energy to level)/Thunderlord (barely used).

For Armor, I have fully leveled Armamentarium chest piece, fully leveled Legendary helmet and boots, and fully leveled Kabr's Vengeance gauntlets I picked up on a raid.

I think I'm in good shape with weapons and armor, but I just need more experience and fully understanding all phases in the Templar and Atheon stages - where to stand, when to hide, where the "safe" spots are. I'm getting there though.

Just started working on a warlock - long way to go on that one. I think I'm at Level 7.

Thanks for all your help Beans, Madlob, RC, etc. in seeking to pull those of us up to a fully ready place and having patience in getting us there. I would love to see us be able to have lots more guys to run raids with in every night of the week and time zone. Especially when the DLC starts dropping and we have two (or more) Raids per week available.

That being said, I bumped the recruitment thread on the Bungie site. Could use some love from others to keep it "at the top":

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/81267113/0/0/1

sam007
11-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Secondaries: Icebreaker (fully leveled)/Praedeth's Revenge (not used yet)

How could you have not used it yet? :confused: Best sniper rifle, IMO.

Spike Forehand
12-01-2014, 12:57 AM
How could you have not used it yet? :confused: Best sniper rifle, IMO.

Everyone keeps saying that. Tough to give up the regenerating ammo of the Icebreaker.

Perhaps I'll use it w my secondary warlock when I get it leveled up to 20.

Danbo
12-01-2014, 09:03 AM
I wanna run it at least one more time one normal with my hunter before I try hard.

Hunter 29, Gunslinger
Primary: Atheon's Epilogue will be fully upgraded(my backup is the fully upgraded Suros)
Secondary: Praedyth's Revenge half upgraded...will be 3/4 upgraded by the time we do the raid.
Heavy: This is where I fall short with a mere Rare Launcher (Void).

I'm also leveling a warlock this week, who will be ready for raiding possibly next week.

Danbo
12-01-2014, 12:00 PM
@Beans, when did you want to organize this run?

sam007
12-01-2014, 12:23 PM
@Beans, when did you want to organize this run?

I've scheduled for 3 hard mode runs from wednesday to friday, so everyone gets a chance with their main. The weekend will be saved for normal run since you get double the loot roll for hard item drops (from hard mode, you don't want to waste it on normal roll, IMO) and for guys running their alts that still are not level 29.

Just be patient if the early hard runs during the week get filled as we have 4 regulars.

As long as you stick with the game plan, you'll be fine, it's all about execution during Atheon.

Danbo
12-01-2014, 12:32 PM
I'll book my spot then on Hard Mode.

Spike Forehand
12-01-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm probably out till the weekend unless we can get up a normal mode for Thursday night. Last night's normal went past me bedtime and I've got a shit week at work, so wouldn't want to take a spot on a hard raid and not be around to finish it. Will be on for nightfall, weekly, and dailies though on Wed and Thursday night.

BusySignal
12-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Titan -lvl 29.75
All armor currently maxed
-Helm of Saint (light 30)
-Kabr's Brazen Grips (light 30)
-Durga-GNT (light 27)
-Iron Regalia (light 30)

Primary - VoC (maxed)
Atheon's Epi (288)
Secondary - Hide & Seek (maxed)
Heavy - Gjallarhorn (maxed)

Have a Hunter class that all I need are shards and materials to get to 30.

Danbo
12-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Here is some interesting news regarding today's patch: source (http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12433)

General

In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:

Dismantling unwanted Exotics
Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins

Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

5th chest just became that much harder to get:

Raid

Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates
Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform

RC-1136
12-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Here is some interesting news regarding today's patch: source (http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12433)

General

In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade

Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

Raid

Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates

No more Cheesing the templar. lol

sam007
12-01-2014, 02:27 PM

General

Raid

WTF! so my stock pile of ascendent material is useless now? :Cry:

We were never good at cheesing the Templar with grenades anyways, now its all platform cheese. Ice Breaker anyone? :lol:

Danbo
12-01-2014, 02:29 PM
WTF! so my stock pile of ascendent material is useless now? :Cry:

I don't think RAID gear counts as exotic. So those will still need to be upgraded via those damn shards :P

Spike Forehand
12-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Anyone up for a VIG speed run tonight ( Saturday). Wanna try out my nice shiny new level 30 Titan!

I'll be on about 9:30 EST. Also still need to do the nightfall.

Madlob75
12-21-2014, 05:08 PM
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/madlob75/6d88c90377f9bcdf62ac5f9c377d8435_zpsdb911dcf.jpg

The first-time raider landed VoC and a nice sets of boots. It was real nice Clark.

Ullrsdog
12-22-2014, 08:27 AM
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/madlob75/6d88c90377f9bcdf62ac5f9c377d8435_zpsdb911dcf.jpg

The first-time raider landed VoC and a nice sets of boots. It was real nice Clark.
but your scope chopped me out of the pic :sad: however the ghost hand that appears to be groping Breaking is pretty fun!

Thanks for the help guys, in NO WAY do I know whats going on but I'll certainly run it again with you all.

SouthtownSlayer
12-22-2014, 08:47 AM
but your scope chopped me out of the pic :sad: however the ghost hand that appears to be groping Breaking is pretty fun!

Thanks for the help guys, in NO WAY do I know whats going on but I'll certainly run it again with you all.

When I started reading the post, I couldn't figure out who Lob was talking about until I saw your name and arm! CONGRATS!!

Madlob75
12-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Yeah, not the best picture...I need to get some pointers from Beans.

Ullrsdog
12-22-2014, 09:44 AM
When I started reading the post, I couldn't figure out who Lob was talking about until I saw your name and arm! CONGRATS!!

THANKS!!! and I got a cool primary VoC after I beat down that bastard...thanks for the revives guys...
So 1 raid and already a primary Beans :boink: I did really start to like the VoC after I used it to shred the fire shield on a wizard...too bad it only hits to 300. Based on Lob's video I'll likely hang onto it but will be looking for more upgrades.
Now I need to know what to actually do instead of running around like a nutjob!

I also need to know how to get a Vanguard commendation? That way I can just cheat and buy a legendary piece of chest armor.

Ullrsdog
12-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Yeah, not the best picture...I need to get some pointers from Beans.

no worries...let's just run it again...

BusySignal
12-22-2014, 12:03 PM
I also need to know how to get a Vanguard commendation? That way I can just cheat and buy a legendary piece of chest armor.

I believe it is one commendation for each Vanguard rank achieved. Looks like you are almost to Rank 3 so you should get one shortly.

Madlob75
12-24-2014, 09:36 AM
How did it go last night?

sam007
12-24-2014, 10:56 AM
How did it go last night?

Effed up!

Thank goodness its normal mode. :lol:

We did the right side fight with the Tempar (looking at the Templar from spawn, for orientation) Mech suggested it, so we just went with it, since we've done pretty much ever method out there, it was fun, but chaotic.

It was funny for me having to relearn all the buttons with the Relic since I've switched my button layout to "Jumper", which I like alot with the hunter.

Dog got some gear again, if I recall and a couple of us got skunked with Ascendent material.