PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Weapon Bounty

sam007
09-17-2014, 07:28 AM
http://destinynews.net/guides-exotic-bounties/

Wish I would have read up on this before I picked one, but thankfully, the reward is a fusion rifle.

Jasonbharmon
10-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Depleted hand cannon blows! Working on the 500 points in pvp... 5 for a kill with void damage and -2 for a death...

Gink
10-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Depleted hand cannon blows! Working on the 500 points in pvp... 5 for a kill with void damage and -2 for a death...

Yup, that was the first exotic bounty I picked up. Still on that portion of it. In the meantime I've received the exotic bounties 3 more times, completed the one for the Bad JuJu pulse rifle, and am nearly done with the Dubious Task one. Both of their PvP requirements were easily doable in an hour or so. I finally got a legendary void shotgun and am slowly starting to accrue the void kills, but I also just received Last Word in the mail from the cryptarch, so not sure how hard I'll pursue it, though I'm sure Thorn is probably a better hand cannon.

Jasonbharmon
10-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Well the first 250 points were brutal... After learning the ropes I got the second 250 needed in about an hour. I used control the most because it was easier to get behind people and blast them with the shotty. Now just to kill the boss. Hopefully I can get on tonight and link up with some MP

sam007
10-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Well the first 250 points were brutal... After learning the ropes I got the second 250 needed in about an hour. I used control the most because it was easier to get behind people and blast them with the shotty. Now just to kill the boss. Hopefully I can get on tonight and link up with some MP

Let me work on mine this afternoon and help you out as I need it as well.

You'll need to add me, and btw, what level is your character? I did with with Beano to help him out and its a Nightfall type mission.

Jasonbharmon
10-10-2014, 10:26 AM
I am 26 almost 27. Mostly legendary with an exotic rifle

sam007
10-10-2014, 01:51 PM
466/500, oh so close.

Gink
10-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Bah, think I only have 80 or so. Won't be home for another 1.5 hours, so doubt I'll get to 500 in time to join you guys.

sam007
10-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Bah, think I only have 80 or so. Won't be home for another 1.5 hours, so doubt I'll get to 500 in time to join you guys.

I've had this bounty for like 2 weeks, so its nice to complete it to open up a slot, but now that I'm learning about Raid gear, I see no point in upgrading Exotics besides the Ice Breaker, but since it is available for purchase, its not that special anymore.

Gink
10-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I've got Last Word, Icebreaker, Invective and Bad Juju. Aside from Icebreaker I haven't invested ascendants in any of them. I'd like to have Thorn just to check it out, and to finally get the bounty out of my inventory, but who knows how much I'd really use it.

Jasonbharmon
10-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Exotic weapons are supposed to get a big buff.

Jasonbharmon
10-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Well one bonus was I got my crucible max points trophy since it took me so long.

Gink
10-13-2014, 12:47 AM
I still haven't finished Thorn, and got offered the bounties for the Machine Gun and Fusion rifle today, as well as Toland's Legacy even though I already completed it. I just groaned. Chasing another exotic bounty is about the last thing I want to do.

Madlob75
10-13-2014, 05:48 AM
I've only received one exotic bounty. I've turned in multiple bounties at a time, and on a daily basis. How do you all keep getting these?

RC-1136
10-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Anyone know where the Dead Ghost is for the Shattered Memory Fragment?

Mad, It seems like I get them on the days where I complete all the bounties. I think you might have a better chance then. Not positive about that, though.

Gink
10-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Mad, It seems like I get them on the days where I complete all the bounties. I think you might have a better chance then. Not positive about that, though.

Might be right about that. There weren't anymore on offer and I turned in 3 at once. Every time I've gotten then I'd turned in 2-3, but hadn't noticed that it has usually been after I'd done all or nearly all for the day.

sam007
10-13-2014, 10:43 AM
I've only received one exotic bounty. I've turned in multiple bounties at a time, and on a daily basis. How do you all keep getting these?

Random chance is all it is.

Some take forever to complete and just end up taking up a spot for vanguard bounties.

On another note. Bad Juju is a beast when you unlock String of Curses!

Before you unlock all the abilities, it sucks. I only started to gain XP with it cause all other weapons I have are maxed out. Once I started to use it with the Gunslinger and have Gunslingers Trance, its stable and you can get many precision kills with it, and in theory, you will never have to reload!

I would say, Bad Juju is a Hunter's primary, but I will see how it works when I have the stability perk active on the rifle with the Warlock.

With Perfect Balance active, Bad Juju is a head shot beast when farming Fallen.

sureMOE
10-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Here you go RC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKzeMaG6pI

Anyone know where the Dead Ghost is for the Shattered Memory Fragment?

RC-1136
10-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Here you go RC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKzeMaG6pI

Thanks, Moe.

sam007
10-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Moe.

Now it rings a bell, its in a room near a statue at the intersection before you head into the Academy. I hope you have your 10 rare fusion rifles ready to go as well. :lol:

RC-1136
10-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Now it rings a bell, its in a room near a statue at the intersection before you head into the Academy. I hope you have your 10 rare fusion rifles ready to go as well. :lol:

I have 8 so far. I haven't dismantled any of the ones that I got yet.

Madlob75
10-13-2014, 02:06 PM
I've been saving all of mine waiting for this bounty. Really want to get them out of my vault.

Gink
10-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Random chance is all it is.

Some take forever to complete and just end up taking up a spot for vanguard bounties.

On another note. Bad Juju is a beast when you unlock String of Curses!

Before you unlock all the abilities, it sucks. I only started to gain XP with it cause all other weapons I have are maxed out. Once I started to use it with the Gunslinger and have Gunslingers Trance, its stable and you can get many precision kills with it, and in theory, you will never have to reload!

I would say, Bad Juju is a Hunter's primary, but I will see how it works when I have the stability perk active on the rifle with the Warlock.

With Perfect Balance active, Bad Juju is a head shot beast when farming Fallen.
I'll have to work on Bad Juju more at some point. Last Word kind of sucked at first too, until a couple unlocks and realizing it seems to be intended as a rapid hip-fire high damage weapon. Almost like having a shotgun that shoots slugs as a primary. It's fun now, though I don't get as many head shots with it, so most enemies take 2 quick shots, and need to be close-medium range.

Have been working on leveling it along with the whoever's revenge legendary sniper I picked up in the vault. Almost no recoil, void damage, and aoe combustion on crit kills. Pretty decent.

Jasonbharmon
10-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Anyone going to be around at noonish today? I have the Invective to complete a weekly heroic (and I need coins).. And then I'm on the last step of thorn. Hfd and beans have tried but we need 3 it's too tough! Hopefully I'll catch a couple of you 26+ peeps this afternoon;)

Gink
10-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Anyone going to be around at noonish today? I have the Invective to complete a weekly heroic (and I need coins).. And then I'm on the last step of thorn. Hfd and beans have tried but we need 3 it's too tough! Hopefully I'll catch a couple of you 26+ peeps this afternoon;)

I should be on around 3 PST this afternoon if you don't find a full fireteam before then.

Jasonbharmon
10-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Beans helped me with the heroic. Which finished invectus and gave me enough coins for my exotic helm. And 2 ransoms I found online helped finish thorn! Great day! Thanks again beans!

Uglyduck213
10-18-2014, 04:40 PM
That is a good day! Nice pick-ups!

Gink
10-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Finally took the time this weekend to work on the last 250 "void points" for Thorn. It got harder after the shotgun range nerf, but Hide and Seek has a range/accuracy perk that balances that out pretty well. Did the last 150 in quick skirmish rounds. Biggest problem there was getting the maps that are best for close quarters and having the entire opposing team quit shortly into the match. The match I finished on was kind of funny, other team was 3 titans who spent the whole match hiding in their bubbles and still managed to lose.

Jasonbharmon
10-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Would have been easy if we had the void damage AR...

Gink
10-20-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm going to need a hand with Xyor the Unwed. If there's a couple of folks available sometime in the next day or two. I'm usually available 3pm-5pm and 10pm-12am pacific time. Odd times for easterners, I know.
Seems like the super Knights have Arc shields, and the Wizards of course have Solar shields. I can run either Gunslinger for solar or Bladedancer for arc, depending on what others bring to the party. Can bring the Icebreaker as well.

Jasonbharmon
10-20-2014, 11:23 PM
This was really tough and I was able to get it done with randoms. We hid in the entry room behind where a shrieked spawns... Let the adds trickle to us. Crazy hard but we got we dun. I can help if you ever see me around.

Jasonbharmon
10-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Is Suros a ton better than Shadow Price? Trying to decide if I want to buy it or not. shadow is a beast

REMEC87
10-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Is Suros a ton better than Shadow Price? Trying to decide if I want to buy it or not. shadow is a beast

I love my Suros Auto Rifle but I've never tried the shadow price before.

sureMOE
10-24-2014, 12:05 PM
I have both Suros and Shadow Price and I definitely like it quite a bit better. I feel like it's a precision damage magnet because it's slower firing than the shadow price and has more bullets. It's good to have shadow price as a backup because of the fact that you can only equip one exotic. But overall, I really like the gun!

Madlob75
10-24-2014, 02:00 PM

I have been contemplating the same. I love the Shadow Price, but the slower fire rate while ADS of the Suros makes me want to try it out.

sam007
12-02-2014, 12:04 PM
With the latest patch, I'm seeing it's really important to have legendary weapons to support your favourite Exotic primary.