PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Level 26

sam007
09-19-2014, 11:41 AM
This is what I did to get to level 26.

I farmed kills and loot chests and got lucky with 2 engrams which rewarded me with 2 pieces of legendary.

I did strike missions for Vanguard Marks and XP, do the daily bounties as well.

Pick a Faction or stick with Vanguard for your purple gear. (to purchase)

To date, I've only purchased 2 pieces of Vanguard gear and 1 off the Xur to get me into the 27 club.

Farming kills for engrams for Cryptark decoding, each time you level up with him, he sends you a postmaster package of more engrams.

Its repetitive and grindy. Now that I know what the heck is going on, not a single engram as rewarded me with any more purples but now, it seems like the game for me at least, has turned into Strange Coins and Mote Light farming to get more gear off the Xur. Oh and Ascendent material farming to upgrade the gear.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/09/17/destiny-how-to-get-guaranteed-legendary-and-exotic-items.aspx

SouthtownSlayer
09-19-2014, 11:49 AM

The factions max at lvl 3 (not sure about Vanguard), any levels after level 3 reward you with a legendary item waiting for you at the postmaster.

Major Stains
09-19-2014, 03:50 PM
This is what I did to get to level 26.

I farmed kills and loot chests and got lucky with 2 engrams which rewarded me with 2 pieces of legendary.

I did strike missions for Vanguard Marks and XP, do the daily bounties as well.

To date, I've only purchased 2 pieces of Vanguard gear and 1 off the Xur to get me into the 27 club.

Farming kills for engrams for Cryptark decoding, each time you level up with him, he sends you a postmaster package of more engrams.

Its repetitive and grindy. Now that I know what the heck is going on, not a single engram as rewarded me with any more purples but now, it seems like the game for me at least, has turned into Strange Coins and Mote Light farming to get more gear off the Xur. Oh and Ascendent material farming to upgrade the gear.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/09/17/destiny-how-to-get-guaranteed-legendary-and-exotic-items.aspx

I must have a different version of the game, because the game I have just has jumping, dancing and stuff.
I wouldn't know what a Xur was if it bit me on the Cryptark!

Spike Forehand
09-20-2014, 09:29 AM
I must have a different version of the game, because the game I have just has jumping, dancing and stuff.
I wouldn't know what a Xur was if it bit me on the Cryptark!

I'm with you there Stains. I used to have fallen cryptarches but I put some Dr. Scholl's in my upgraded green boots and I'm good to go.

Now that I'm level 20 at a bit of a loss for what to do. That area you ran across me in last night in Mars, though, appears to be one of the chest farming/kills farming areas. I also still got a couple of the final strikes to do -I know for sure Venus and Mars - to do so that's top of my list I guess.

Spike Forehand
09-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Was so excited to get a purple body armor last night, but when I opened it it was for the Warlock class. FML.

I've been farming and doing missions a little at a time since I got to level 20 on Thursday, and still am only about 1/2 way to 21 and didn't move the bar at all on Saturday night.

If anyone does an inspection on me, let me know if you think I'm doing something wrong.

Madlob75
09-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Was so excited to get a purple body armor last night, but when I opened it it was for the Warlock class. FML.

I've been farming and doing missions a little at a time since I got to level 20 on Thursday, and still am only about 1/2 way to 21 and didn't move the bar at all on Saturday night.

If anyone does an inspection on me, let me know if you think I'm doing something wrong.

Beeano said that doing Strike missions is the way to go. I've been stuck on 23 for several days. Even spent almost a whole night farming and running chests. I'll do some strike missions with you if you want.

Gink
09-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Beeano said that doing Strike missions is the way to go. I've been stuck on 23 for several days. Even spent almost a whole night farming and running chests. I'll do some strike missions with you if you want.

That's good to hear, because farming public events for vanguard marks is going to burn me out long before I get enough to buy all the gear I'd need.
Is there any extra bonus to the weekly strike mission? I looked at the description and didn't see anything in the rewards that sounded that much better than the vanguard strike playlists. I'd still like to do one, but with no matchmaking, have to wait for a fireteam of folks willing to hit a level 22 strike. I only finally made 22 yesterday.

RC-1136
09-22-2014, 09:14 AM

I got some decent stuff last night doing the strikes. I got a pair of boots that pushed me almost to level 24 after being stuck on 22 for a week.

Major Stains
09-22-2014, 02:34 PM
I got a pair of boots that pushed me almost to level 24 after being stuck on 22 for a week.

They must be some sexy Ugg boots!

johnnyh1976
09-22-2014, 04:19 PM
I hit level 20 over the weekend. Received a helmet that had +2 light did some stike missions...nothing...crucible....nothing 2 hours...still level 20 and got a new helmet with +5 light.

Going to do some more strike missions tonight and see what happens but now I can totally see the where the grinding comes in. Really want to hit level 26 for the raid missions.

Although I wish the story was a little more engaging, I really enjoy this one and I'm wondering if the 2 expansions will take us to the other 6 planets that have yet to be explored.

All in all though, there is lots to do in this game and looking forward to more and running through again as a different class.

Gink
09-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Although I wish the story was a little more engaging, I really enjoy this one and I'm wondering if the 2 expansions will take us to the other 6 planets that have yet to be explored.

I noticed there are grimoire cards waiting to be unlocked for Jupiter and I think Mercury, so I'm hoping we'll at least visit those. Pretty sure the Vex turned Mercury into a machine, but who knows who lives on/in/around Jupiter.

Gink
09-22-2014, 06:26 PM
After stalling out at 22 for a few days, I just cashed in 65 vanguard marks for a new pair of gloves and jumped straight to 24. That was a nice surprise! Still have 41 marks squirreled away towards the next set, just have to wait for the weekly reset to get more marks. I guess chasing public events can pay off.

Beano
09-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Yeah grinding out bounties for rep and strike missions for marks is the way to go. You can pick up legendaries pretty easy that way. Also dont forget that upgrading your legendaries will also increase your light level. To do this you need ascendant shards from public events and higher level strikes.

sam007
09-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Doing the Daily mission on a harder level also grants you Ascendent material rewards, which is what you'll need to get beyond level 27.