PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Vault of Glass Run 9/26 @ 9 or 10 PM EST

RC-1136
09-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Anyone interested at taking a run at this tonight?

SouthtownSlayer
09-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Count me in!

Level 26 Titan

Currently need 5 more strange coins to purchase an assault rifle from Xur!

RC-1136
09-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Count me in!

Level 26 Titan

Currently need 5 more strange coins to purchase an assault rifle from Xur!

Great. That's 2. Need 4 more.

REMEC87
09-26-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm down. lvl. 26 hunter

REMEC87
09-26-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm down. lvl. 26 hunter

I have to hit xur up for some legendary stuff before we go .

RC-1136
09-26-2014, 09:11 AM
I have to hit xur up for some legendary stuff before we go .

I still need 9 more rare coins for Xur's assault rifle. Don't think it's going to happen before the raid.

Madlob75
09-26-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm in, hit 26 last night (thanks to Remec for the relic iron hunt). Xur sucks for me this go around, but I'm doing ok on weapons. I can run Striker or Defender Titan.

mechatool
09-26-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm game. 26 level warlock. I can run void or sun class.

RC-1136
09-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Now we just need Beans or Beano. I think we'll need one heavy hitter with us.

sureMOE
09-26-2014, 11:26 AM
I hit level 24 Warlock last night, sorry I can't join you guys this go around, but I will be geared up and ready to go next time. Report back how it went!

RC-1136
09-26-2014, 12:45 PM
What time do you guys want to start the raid?

Madlob75
09-26-2014, 01:14 PM
What time do you guys want to start the raid?

Later the better for me...easier once the girls go to sleep.

RC-1136
09-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Later the better for me...easier once the girls go to sleep.

Should we start it at 10 then? I just watched a Tip Vid on it and it looks like it is going to suck. I can't see us finishing it without Beans and Beeano with us.

sam007
09-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Count me in, I should be good to go by 2100 est.

Spike Forehand
09-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Trip report needed.

:)

SouthtownSlayer
09-27-2014, 01:46 PM
RATED R

THIS VIDEO IS DEFINITELY NOT FOR WORK OR SHOULD BE LISTENED TO NEAR KIDS OR THOSE WHO YOU THINK SHOULDN'T HEAR WORDS THAT START WITH THE LETTERS F, S, A, C, and D!

- Sadly, I didn't get Remy following orders and killing us all! (This was probably the funniest moment of the evening)
- Proof that Remy is not a nice person at 5:30! (caught your ass trying to push me off the ledge you asshole)
- From this day forward RC shall be called Charlie Brown! (wait until the end of the video if your wondering what the hell I'm talking about)

Good times last night guys and for the record I got my ass handed to me for going to bed at 0230 and waking the wife up 2 1/2 hours before she had to get up for work!

Raid Members
Beano
Beans29er
RC
Remy
Breaking
Me

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76YuOAaQBf0&feature=youtu.be

Beano
09-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Private video?

SouthtownSlayer
09-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Yes, you can't see it?

I hope you can see it since I have party chat playing...some pretty funny stuff you guys say at times!

EDIT: Sorry all, I had it set to private vice Unlisted! Enjoy!

sam007
09-27-2014, 06:15 PM
I should be back on tonight around 2100, once the kids are in bed to continue the shenanigans. :lol:

Spike Forehand
09-28-2014, 11:18 AM
RATED R

THIS VIDEO IS DEFINITELY NOT FOR WORK OR SHOULD BE LISTENED TO NEAR KIDS OR THOSE WHO YOU THINK SHOULDN'T HEAR WORDS THAT START WITH THE LETTERS F, S, A, C, and D!

- Sadly, I didn't get Remy following orders and killing us all! (This was probably the funniest moment of the evening)
- Proof that Remy is not a nice person at 5:30! (caught your ass trying to push me off the ledge you asshole)
- From this day forward RC shall be called Charlie Brown! (wait until the end of the video if your wondering what the hell I'm talking about)

Good times last night guys and for the record I got my ass handed to me for going to bed at 0230 and waking the wife up 2 1/2 hours before she had to get up for work!

Raid Members
Beano
Beans29er
RC
Remy
Breaking
Me

Enjoy!

LOL RC: "I feel like Charlie Brown. I got a rock!"

RC-1136
09-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Southtown, this was awesome. Nice job.

I wanted to fast forward when I tried to get the relic.

I swear I almost started to cry @ 6:46 when Beano fell of the side of the ledge. We were so close that time.

sam007
09-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Got some good news, and some bad news.

The save resets this tuesday so we'll have to run through the whole thing again.

The good news was last night, 5 MP's (Beano, SureMoe, MadLob, Mitch and myself) and a friend (SureMoe's, thanks for inviting him!), ran through the phase we got stuck at and got to Atheon, the final boss. It was a good run through and Beano has a better idea of how to QB the raid. We honestly did it for poops and giggles, not having expectations of passing the phase. :lol:

We tried phase 1 a few times, only to get wiped when almost done, then on our screens, we got rewards such as 3 Ascendent Shards, then we're all like, we passed it! The game ended and we started on the next phase.

We got stuck with the outside team not knowing how to handle those super harpies that blown themselves up when near you.

So my guess is we'll give it another shot tonight and having DPS and agility is key for the outside team.

RC-1136
09-29-2014, 07:43 AM
Got some good news, and some bad news.

The save resets this tuesday so we'll have to run through the whole thing again.

The good news was last night, 5 MP's (Beano, SureMoe, MadLob, Mitch and myself) and a friend (SureMoe's, thanks for inviting him!), ran through the phase we got stuck at and got to Atheon, the final boss. It was a good run through and Beano has a better idea of how to QB the raid. We honestly did it for poops and giggles, not having expectations of passing the phase. :lol:

We tried phase 1 a few times, only to get wiped when almost done, then on our screens, we got rewards such as 3 Ascendent Shards, then we're all like, we passed it! The game ended and we started on the next phase.

We got stuck with the outside team not knowing how to handle those super harpies that blown themselves up when near you.

So my guess is we'll give it another shot tonight and having DPS and agility is key for the outside team.

The vid that I watched said that you have to stand on the pillars to avoid the Harpies. You take little to no damage up there when they explode.

Beano
09-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Yep good point RC. I think we can kill this guy tonight. Here's the deal. For the final phase we have one guy on each sync plate using the pillars. The 3rd defender roams between the 2 plates and backup incase one dies. This makes it so relic carrier doesn't have to call the shift we were doing last night.

When the "away team" comes out if the portal we all collapse on that island between the 2 plates. The boss now has a debuff for 30 seconds where he takes 5X damage. With 2 seconds left the away team jumps backwards and the defenders go back to their spots. Rinse repeat and collect.

sureMOE
09-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Yep good point RC. I think we can kill this guy tonight. Here's the deal. For the final phase we have one guy on each sync plate using the pillars. The 3rd defender roams between the 2 plates and backup incase one dies. This makes it so relic carrier doesn't have to call the shift we were doing last night.

When the "away team" comes out if the portal we all collapse on that island between the 2 plates. The boss now has a debuff for 30 seconds where he takes 5X damage. With 2 seconds left the away team jumps backwards and the defenders go back to their spots. Rinse repeat and collect.

Thanks for letting me join in on the fun last night! It was great seeing the whole thing go down! I am up if you need another tonight, but if you already have a crew that started this, I can wait. Anyone interested in running this later this week after it has reset? I have Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday nights free. I will check in with you all once I get on tonight. Thanks for your patience with me! Those damn suplicants/harpies are going down in my nemesis book.

RC-1136
09-29-2014, 10:41 AM

I got a couple of legendary guns now (one with void damage) and I hit level 27 last night. I think I'm going to call out sick tomorrow so I can stay up a little later tonight. I really want the loot from the raid so lets finish the fight.

Uglyduck213
09-29-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm in again. After 2000 mountain time is usually when the boss passes out.

Madlob75
09-29-2014, 11:05 AM
If i'm around and you all need another warm body let me know. I'm working on 3 hours of sleep though, so the earlier the better.

mechatool
09-29-2014, 11:14 AM
I'll be around tonight If another member is needed.

sureMOE
09-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Mechatool and Madlob...SuperFly and Kamakazi want to try this later this week. We could find a 6th and give it a go! Interested?

mechatool
09-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah, we can give it a go.

REMEC87
09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
I'd be down tonight too.

SouthtownSlayer
09-29-2014, 01:09 PM

Asked my son about this last named and he mentioned that the Hunter's in the raid use Golden Gun when his debuff is active.

From the looks of things, you guys are going to be raiding late during the week so I won't be able to join but if you guys need someone on the weekend let me know.

sureMOE
09-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Asked my son about this last named and he mentioned that the Hunter's in the raid use Golden Gun when his debuff is active.

The Warlock also has a nova bomb you can unlock that shoots a straight projectile. Might be useful for when he's debuffed as well, should give the same hurt as the Hunter...unless Hunter's gun is Solar.

Uglyduck213
09-29-2014, 01:54 PM

I think this illustrates what you're talking about Beano

skip to 3:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRYzLiUzzxM

sam007
09-29-2014, 02:29 PM
We can make this Raid a regular gathering as opposed to doing those mindless Bounty Missions.

Once during the week and again on the weekend so no body misses out. Obviously if the weekday Raid is a success, those participants won't get any more loot for the rest of the week, but I'm game for helping out. Next week, no idea what the bonus damage will be but that Void Damage Exotic Rocket Launcher is coming along quite nicely. I mindlessly spent all my glimmer on ammo reloads and realized I need it for upgrades later. :Cry:

sam007
09-29-2014, 02:31 PM
The vid that I watched said that you have to stand on the pillars to avoid the Harpies. You take little to no damage up there when they explode.

Yeah, I did see something like that from YT videos, one on each side of the plates and one between, in case one goes down.

sam007
09-29-2014, 02:32 PM
So for the last phase, say 2100 est? bring your solar damage weapons. :wink:

I used both solar and void rocket launcher and solar does way more damage cause of the bonus.

Uglyduck213
09-29-2014, 05:16 PM
I may be able to swing that, a bit early but the ol'lady is understanding :)

Gink
09-29-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm 27 now. Hunter with legendary auto, pulse, and sniper rifles. Sniper does fire damage, plus a nice staggering effect on most enemies. And yes, Golden Gun is solar damage.

Ready to raid whenever there is a spot open. Tues/Thurs is best for me, since the starting times are usually early for PDT, but I should be able to get some leeway another night or two. Easier for me to do a few 2 hour nights than big 5 hour nights.

Spike Forehand
09-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Sadly, gonna probably not be able to raid for a long time. I'm Level 24 now, but leave for Switzerland for 2.5 weeks on Monday - won't be back until the 25th of October. By that time everyone will probably be sick of attempting the raid.

:(

I guess there will be other future content though.

Beano
09-30-2014, 09:48 AM
I thought the fireteam leader could restart the vault of glass even after it's saved? That would be nice as we could keep running it and farming it for upgrades..

Madlob75
09-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Did you all finish it?

Badgerute
09-30-2014, 10:38 AM
If anyone is doing it again, I'd like to join in. Let me know what gear is needed and I'll work on that. Thought I would be in this past Friday but I had to take my dog to the vet at 10 at night.

sam007
09-30-2014, 11:41 AM
If anyone is doing it again, I'd like to join in. Let me know what gear is needed and I'll work on that. Thought I would be in this past Friday but I had to take my dog to the vet at 10 at night.

Get better better gear. Purple damage specials and heavy is what you'll need and a primary upgraded as close to 300 as possible. Anything under 250 is not enough as some guys are running with blue gear maxed out.

@MadLob, no we did not finish. the outside team we had did not have enough DPS to take out the swarms of super harpies.

@Beano, the restart is for the first stage with the 3 plates outside on Venus. Had I done that, we would not have had access to Atheon.

Gink
09-30-2014, 12:01 PM
I've got primary and secondary at 267. Will probably get secondary to 300 before too long. Is 267 high enough on primary? I'd like to save ascendants until I get an exotic or at least a primary I like. I've got auto and pulse, but would prefer to only dump ascendants into cannon or scout.

Thought I was finally getting a legendary heavy last night, but the engram turned into 2 motes.

REMEC87
09-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Did you all finish it?

No , we didn't get through it. We had a few good runs but we need a bit more practice. I was getting the hang of the home crew with RC & Beans...that is when I wasn't dying from the kamikaze things.

I liked The suggestion that Brans had to switch to away team for practice in the event we were teleported accidentally.

Also, I think we needed to "break" from the middle island sooner...

sureMOE
09-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Our best run was getting the boss down about a quarter of the way. We had some great strategies going and it seems like we need hunter and warlocks in the center island with their aggressor subclass and rocket launchers leveled up. When Beano shielded me I was able to get off 2 rockets and 3 supers before he told me to clear out. If we could have one or two other people doing that as well, we might be able to get him down. I am working hard on vanguard marks over the next couple days to get weapons so I have a better DPS. I was doing just fine on oracles, but it would be nice to be able to conserve ammo.

Also, a tip for vanguard marks...if you see a community mission going on where it's taking down a big guy and you are too far away to get in on the action, because there are already too many guardians beating on it, just scope up a weapon and put some bullets into it from a distance. It will initiate the community event and you will pretty much get gold tier status, rewards and vanguard points for doing nothing. Happened to me twice today!

I am up for vault of glass this week if there is a team tackling it. Let me know!

Badgerute
09-30-2014, 01:38 PM
This seems super complicated. I'll just point my gun at bad buys and kill them and let you all do the strategizing.

REMEC87
09-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Sadly, gonna probably not be able to raid for a long time. I'm Level 24 now, but leave for Switzerland for 2.5 weeks on Monday - won't be back until the 25th of October. By that time everyone will probably be sick of attempting the raid.

:(

I guess there will be other future content though.

Poor you having to spend a few weeks in Switzerland. I can only imagine what a burden this must be lol

Spike Forehand
09-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Poor you having to spend a few weeks in Switzerland. I can only imagine what a burden this must be lol

I now - sounds bad doesn't it. Unfortunately this trip is for factory acceptance testing for new equipment so that means 6 days/week 10 hrs/day of standing on the factory floor watching equipment run and writing down results. We get Sundays off, but those days I will probably just lie in bed all day like a zombie.

Business travel is definitely one of those "grass is always greener" things. I hate it when I never travel for work - you get tired of being in the office every day with the same schlubs. When you do it too much though it's even worse IMO. This is my 8th trip to Europe this year, so I for sure would so much rather be home working a normal schedule, watching football on Sundays, and playing Destiny with you guys.

:Cry: