PDA

View Full Version : Updates and Patches

Gink
09-27-2014, 11:13 AM
http://kotaku.com/bungie-is-starting-to-fix-destinys-loot-1639688827

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes

Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.

Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes

Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let's be honest—even if you don't, we all know they were blues already...

SouthtownSlayer
10-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Patch 1.0.2 is now live!!

Summary:
With this patch, we address some widely-discussed concerns with how Engrams are earned and claimed. Strikes have become more rewarding, and the rewards gained from them are more predictable. Also affected is the rotation of maps that appear in the Crucible.

Cryptarch

Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher

Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before

Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher

Chance for Legendary gear increased

Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)

Rewards

Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:

Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)

Known issues

When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
You will still get the XP bonus, you just won't see it in the UI

Crucible

Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists

RC-1136
10-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Patch 1.0.2 is now live!!

Summary:
With this patch, we address some widely-discussed concerns with how Engrams are earned and claimed. Strikes have become more rewarding, and the rewards gained from them are more predictable. Also affected is the rotation of maps that appear in the Crucible.

Cryptarch

Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher

Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before

Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher

Chance for Legendary gear increased

Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)

Rewards

Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:

Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)

Known issues

When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
You will still get the XP bonus, you just won't see it in the UI

Crucible

Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists

Let's hope for some good stuff.

Gink
10-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Well, blues decrypt to blues now. I can confirm that. Haven't picked up a legendary engram so far, I have a feeling they are going to be more rare than ever. The cryptarch isn't even sending them in the mail.
Ammo drops seem to have been reduced, I'm finding myself constantly out of special ammo, and going through significant portions of a strike without finding any more.
Haven't noticed any increase in loot/rewards from heroic missions, strikes, etc. So that's disappointing.

--------

Maybe I spoke too soon. After another post-patch session, heroic story still rewarded nothing, but 3 vanguard tiger strikes in a row sent me back to the tower with half a cryptarch level's worth of blue engrams. His package for level 11 was 1 blue 1 purple, and the purple decrypted to an exotic sniper rifle. The exotic was just luck, but it is looking like strikes are rewarding a lot better than they used to.

sureMOE
10-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Got a legendary yesterday and it did indeed decrypt to legendary. I think Loot Cave 2.0 just got a whole lot more interesting. :D

Gink
10-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Got a legendary yesterday and it did indeed decrypt to legendary. I think Loot Cave 2.0 just got a whole lot more interesting. :D

Honestly I think the strikes are a better payoff anymore than loot caves. Drops are good, rewards are improved, 6 marks per is nice. I just wish they gave a bit more reputation. With the thousands you need to get to level 3 with a faction, 25 per strike seems a bit weak. 100-150 would be more appropriate. Patrols and bounties are still the fastest combo for reputation gain in my experience. And gaining reputation and marks = guaranteed legendaries.

sureMOE
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM
I have so much more luck getting legendary drops in the cave than anywhere else. I wish I got more in strikes, but I always just get blue stuff. I agree, the Loot Cave is not an ideal way to play, but since I have maxed out my marks for the week already, I need something to feed my farming habit! Hahahaha. I will continue with Daily Missions and hit a community mission every day, but now I am just grinding to get to 28 or 29. Xur just can't come fast enough!

Madlob75
10-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Just in time for my fully leveled-up Auto Rifle..here is the 10/14 update. Its long so I'll put in in a spoiler drop down. They need to fix the whole loot cave thing, but if they keep removing enemies from areas there will no one to shoot.

The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.
We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.
General

Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
Classes

Titan

Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended

Warlock

Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons

General

Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping

Auto Rifles

Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Hand Cannons

In-air accuracy now increased

Scout Rifles

Base damage increased by 6%
Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

Shotguns

Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Exotic Weapons
Vex Mythoclast

Base Damage decreased by 34%
Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

Pocket Infinity

Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

Perks

Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities

Strikes

Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary

Raid - Vault of Glass
Templar Encounter

Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations

The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan

Gink
10-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Anyone else having issues since the latest patch? I noticed 90% of the updates were for "increased stability", but I've been disconnected more in the last 2 hours than in the previous 2 months. Can play a while and then it's every 5 minutes getting booted. Lucky to complete a patrol, don't dare trying a strike.

REMEC87
10-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Just in time for my fully leveled-up Auto Rifle..here is the 10/14 update. Its long so I'll put in in a spoiler drop down. They need to fix the whole loot cave thing, but if they keep removing enemies from areas there will no one to shoot.

The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.
We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.
General

Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
Classes

Titan

Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended

Warlock

Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons

General

Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping

Auto Rifles

Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Hand Cannons

In-air accuracy now increased

Scout Rifles

Base damage increased by 6%
Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

Shotguns

Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Exotic Weapons
Vex Mythoclast

Base Damage decreased by 34%
Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

Pocket Infinity

Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

Perks

Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities

Strikes

Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary

Raid - Vault of Glass
Templar Encounter

Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations

The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan

After I was joking about accidentally deleting stuff, I actually deleted my legendary sniper rifle by accident!

Danbo
10-29-2014, 08:12 AM
After I was joking about accidentally deleting stuff, I actually deleted my legendary sniper rifle by accident!
Lars Eller brain sneeze. :P

Madlob75
10-29-2014, 08:28 AM
I am so paranoid of this. We pick up so much useless crap that it becomes automatic to just hit the square button. There should be a lock feature that you can place on weapons that won't allow you to dismantle them. Or maybe have a separate area, like your inventory, where weapon/armor pickups go.

sam007
12-01-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm hoping the latest patch brings back players.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---12012014/en/News/News?aid=12433

No more farming material required, it can now be purchased with Marks.

RC-1136
12-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm hoping the latest patch brings back players.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---12012014/en/News/News?aid=12433

No more farming material required, it can now be purchased with Marks.

I can finally use my Vanguard Marks now on something useful.

It also looks like you will get Destination Materials from the Heroic Story now too. I'm guessing Destination Materials are Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium. Another well thought out patch by Bungie. It seems to me that they are still listening to the community.

sam007
12-01-2014, 03:49 PM
They've increased the amount of glimmer needed to upgrade armour and weapons.

Ascendent material is still needed for legendary weapons and armour, so it was not a complete waste as I initially thought.

Materials can still be farmed, though I'm not sure if still as abundant as pre-patch.

Loot chests still reward material and glimmer.

The exotic weapons buff is awesome! So many more usable options now for the raid.

Gink
12-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Hmmm, might have to hop in and see how my many exotics work now. Already dumped a lot of ascendants into them, but might have a couple still not upgraded.
Doubt this will be enough to bring me back to the game though, it would still be doing the same things over and over and being stuck at level 29.5, or putting too much effort for a game into coordinating a group of 6 to raid each week in the off chance I'd actually get the raid boots I need to hit 30.

Glad so many of you are still enjoying the game. I got a good 200 hours out of it. No regrets.
I'd think they'd take the fact that there are 2-3 very busy websites devoted to finding groups for raids, nightmare, etc to be an indication that matchmaking might be a good idea for every activity. It's better not playing with randoms, but randoms are better than not playing at all...

DLC will probably drag me back in though.

sam007
12-01-2014, 06:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md2z6ApulEk&list=UUYPe4nOymFwkoG3GxIFc5YQ

I played around with all the exotics in the Waking Ruins on Praetorian's. Hard mode may not be as hard anymore if you have a maxed out Vex. :lol: