PDA

View Full Version : Iron Banner

RC-1136
10-07-2014, 07:29 AM
The PVP mode is open where you use your leveled up weapons and armor. I think I'm going to pass on this.

Madlob75
10-07-2014, 07:39 AM
The PVP mode is open where you use your leveled up weapons and armor. I think I'm going to pass on this.

LOL...I bet there are some guys out there that have been salivating for this to open up.

REMEC87
10-07-2014, 08:30 AM
LOL...I bet there are some guys out there that have been salivating for this to open up.

I doubt I'll get anything more than an ulcer trying this. Maybe if we squad up in one room...

sam007
10-07-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm some what curious to see what kinda damage these weapons can do without the balancing.

Gink
10-07-2014, 01:22 PM
I maxed out my crucible marks this week, that was an experience I never want to repeat. Though, with Iron Banner running, now might be the time to run around the "Balanced" mode working on my Thorn bounty. Maybe all the try-hards will be off in Iron Banner.

My experience in Balanced tends to be getting one-shotted with shotguns/fusion rifles, while my own guns take 2 shots at close range to get a kill. Just picked up the "Hide-and-Seek" shotgun yesterday though, maybe that'll make a difference.

Madlob75
10-14-2014, 09:38 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-explains-why-destinys-iron-banner-event-isn/1100-6422909/

Last week, Destiny (http://www.gamespot.com/destiny/) opened its competitive multiplayer Iron Banner event. Normally, the game balances the gap between higher and lower-level Guardians so they can play together, but the Iron Banner should have been different by taking players' levels into account.As GameSpot's Erik Tay told us last week (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-iron-banner-live-reactions-winners-take-al/1100-6422793/), that didn't seem to be the case. "I'm level 29 now and even when playing against a level 24 player, I couldn't really tell the difference," he said. "I also asked people I was playing with if they could tell the difference, and none of them said they could."
In Bungie's latest Weekly Update (http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---10102014/en/News/News?aid=12272), Senior Designer Derek Carroll explained why: "The way we pitched Iron Banner did make it sound like a 'no-holds-barred' playlist," he said. "In reality, we delivered what we felt would be a competitive experience for everyone, not just players at the level cap. The reaction from players seems to be: 'No, we want it to be bad for lower-level players. That’s the point!' We’re listening to that feedback, but this first Iron Banner is fairly conservative."
Carroll further explained that "time-to-kill" is the same when you're using higher-level gear against lower-level gear Guardians, but that the opposite is not true, so an enemy with lesser weapons will have a harder time killing you.
"To keep competition close and avoid unwinnable fights, the largest advantage you can have is around 7 levels," Carroll said. "So, if you attacked a target 20 levels above you, you’d have a fair shot at winning that fight."
Finally, Bungie said that it's listening to player feedback, and that the next Iron Banner event is "very likely" to have different rules.

sam007
10-14-2014, 09:53 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-explains-why-destinys-iron-banner-event-isn/1100-6422909/

Hone your skills and learn the maps in vanilla PvP. :lol:

I cannot wait to give this a try when they really take the gloves off. Fresh meat anyone? :lol:

REMEC87
11-21-2014, 08:55 AM
I am actually enjoying the iron banner this time around. I've been using a fully levelled vision of confluence and it is definitely a beast. Two or three MPs watching your back helps too.

RC-1136
11-21-2014, 09:57 AM
I am actually enjoying the iron banner this time around. I've been using a fully levelled vision of confluence and it is definitely a beast. Two or three MPs watching your back helps too.

Now that I'm level 30 with most of my weapons at 300 I am enjoying it, too. I just have to be less aggressive and stop trying to cap flags solo.

Switching to a scout rifle made a huge difference for me.

BusySignal
11-21-2014, 02:56 PM

I enjoyed providing the laugh of the night last night with my stellar 0.06 KDR one round. Yea you read that right. Just couldn't seem to find the right weapon to use so kept switching up. Finally landed on the Vision and a maxed shotty and began to improve. Next match was a positive KDR. I need the Iron Banner boots so will keep grinding.

sam007
11-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Looks like I missed out big time while away. :sad: from the videos I saw, it's worth grinding it out now since it's another alternative to getting to 30.

RC-1136
11-24-2014, 08:56 AM
I actually enjoyed playing it this time around. The Vision of Confluence is a beast. I also liked spraying and pray Atheon's Epiloge. 84 bullets is a lot of bullets.

Bungie did a good thing letting you get gear that has 30 light that you can work to get instead of waiting to get lucky in the Raid.

Danbo
11-24-2014, 09:13 AM
How fast can you get that gear playing the Iron Banner? I may have to can a few games tonight in hopes of getting up to 29 by the weekend to run it on Hard....

RC-1136
11-24-2014, 09:27 AM
How fast can you get that gear playing the Iron Banner? I may have to can a few games tonight in hopes of getting up to 29 by the weekend to run it on Hard....

It takes a little while, but if you do the bounties and buy the buff it will speed it up a bit. I have also heard that if you wear the emblem and shader it also gives you an XP boost.

Danbo
11-24-2014, 09:37 AM
It takes a little while, but if you do the bounties and buy the buff it will speed it up a bit. I have also heard that if you wear the emblem and shader it also gives you an XP boost.

10% each according to Destiny Wiki....

Cloak/Bond/Mark also gives a 10% boost...But need to save glimmer for gear!

Madlob75
11-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Phew..just made it. I was bound and determined to get both the boots and gauntlets before IB ran out. It was getting VoG HM kind of late for me when I had to go on a Glimmer run to get enough to buy the gauntlets. Overall, I enjoyed the event and it was a nice change of pace to patrol missions. I'm ready for some more VoG!!

Danbo
11-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Phew..just made it. I was bound and determined to get both the boots and gauntlets before IB ran out. It was getting VoG HM kind of late for me when I had to go on a Glimmer run to get enough to buy the gauntlets. Overall, I enjoyed the event and it was a nice change of pace to patrol missions. I'm ready for some more VoG!!

Well I failed at my goal of getting some RAID Gear from the IB event. My efforts were hindered by unexpected PMS. Although I'll admit I did enjoy the luvyduvy time :)

Danbo
12-15-2014, 12:36 PM
So the Iron Banner is back with tomorrow's reset. Can't wait to see what we can get out it this time! I hope we can get access to some Raid-Equivalent gear again.

Ullrsdog
12-15-2014, 12:48 PM
So the Iron Banner is back with tomorrow's reset. Can't wait to see what we can get out it this time! I hope we can get access to some Raid-Equivalent gear again.

Is it worth me even trying this...I need new boots for sure and could use a few upgrades for sure, but don't want to get my ass handed to me repeatedly.

I think I can commit to playing some rounds tomorrow, but I'll be hit or miss all week with so many holiday events going on.

Danbo
12-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Is it worth me even trying this...I need new boots for sure and could use a few upgrades for sure, but don't want to get my ass handed to me repeatedly.

I think I can commit to playing some rounds tomorrow, but I'll be hit or miss all week with so many holiday events going on.

If you can get a few matches in every day, you can probably get some decent 27-30 Light...(before upgrades) So it IS worth it.

Madlob75
12-15-2014, 01:38 PM

Depending on the gear, its not too bad. The up side is you can go 0-12, but win every game and get what you need. Its all about wins. Well, I take that back a little, you do need to do the IB bounties that require kills to make things go faster. Look at the glimmer costs as well, it was really high last time.

RC-1136
12-15-2014, 02:01 PM
I don't think I'm going to be spending a lot of time playing IB this time. To much new stuff to still do.

Ullrsdog
12-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Depending on the gear, its not too bad. The up side is you can go 0-12, but win every game and get what you need. Its all about wins. Well, I take that back a little, you do need to do the IB bounties that require kills to make things go faster. Look at the glimmer costs as well, it was really high last time.

If you can get a few matches in every day, you can probably get some decent 27-30 Light...(before upgrades) So it IS worth it.

So it sounds like I'll be playing some on Tuesday then....I did get one Legendary Rocket Launcher this weekend while running around with Busy, it's one of the new ones so it's Badass! other than that I have 4 rare weapons "the strangers rifle" that you get at the end of the single player, a hand cannon that I have yet to use, an Auto Rifle, and a shotty that I don't use. So I guess I grab them and go for it. I really need to get some coins and vanguard marks too...maybe I should play tonight as well.

cmore24
08-01-2015, 05:41 AM
I did this week my first iron banner.
Rank 1 was easy.

What's the best strategy to get rank 5 ?
What are do's and don'ts ?

Do you need to get it in one week ? Or I can spread it over several weeks ? What is 'standing' compared to 'reputation ?'

I plan next week to get rank 5.

How many days is iron banner ? How do I see how much time is remaining ?

Is forming a team preferred over matchmaking ?

Serge

Gink
08-01-2015, 12:56 PM
I did this week my first iron banner.
Rank 1 was easy.

What's the best strategy to get rank 5 ?
What are do's and don'ts ?

Do you need to get it in one week ? Or I can spread it over several weeks ? What is 'standing' compared to 'reputation ?'

I plan next week to get rank 5.

How many days is iron banner ? How do I see how much time is remaining ?

Is forming a team preferred over matchmaking ?

Serge

First, please do a bit of browsing/searching before starting a new thread. Oftentimes you will find there is already a thread discussing the topic you want to post about. I've merged your iron banner thread into the original iron banner thread.

As to the Iron Banner, you have 1 week to raise your rank and purchase the various rewards that unlock for doing so. Like most things in Destiny, the Iron Banner week starts on Tuesday and ends Monday.
It takes a lot of matches to get to level 5, more specifically a lot of winning matches. You can buy boosts that last 12 hours and give you more Iron Banner rep on a win, these can be pretty useful. IIRC, the further into the week you get, the more they boost the rep you get from a win.

Forming a team would definitely be preferred over matchmaking, since it's all about getting wins, a coordinated group can make a huge difference. Matchmaking when you're trying to grind out a few more wins can be extremely frustrating. Even with matchmaking though, a week is plenty of time to get to rank 5. The last Iron Banner I did, I got multiple characters to level 3 to buy Etheric Light. Pretty sure I could have gotten a single character to 5 easily in the same time.

Good luck out there!