PDA

View Full Version : Defeating Atheon

sam007
10-19-2014, 08:31 AM
After last nights debacle of a rag tag fire team of 6 guys hastily assembled, its apparent when not every is on the same page or have not gone through the Raid enough times to understand what's going on, its gonna be very difficult to beat the Raid if and when Bungie implements the 3 player random teleport. After 1 hours worth of attempts, one rage quit and that was it, I had enough of that one players antics.

Here's what I propose. Our strategy will be all 6 players on the middle island, this means jumping skills onto a small area , DPS until, 2/3s remaining, a defender titan bubbles, then wait to see which 3 get teleported.

Here's my thinking, even if you're squishy and lack DPS, you're gonna be protected from the relic bubble and your damage will be buffed from time's vengeance.

When the inside team figures out which side they have been teleported to, the outside team, then clears that side of the plate and do their best to clear all supplicants, those damn jihadding super harpies.

At the end of the day "everyone" needs to know what is going on and what to do.

SouthtownSlayer
10-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Below is the video of the Aetheon event last night from the perspective of someone (me) that get's ported to the inside.

Rumor has it that Bungie is looking at porting random people into the portals vice the 3 furthest from Aetheon.
What does this mean?
This means no matter your location you may get ported and have to one of two things; relic holder or oracle killer!
Like Beans mentioned, everyone is going to need to learn each role for this kill that way we're not spending 1 hour trying to figure it out, please use this means (forum posts) to ask questions and we'll try and get you an answer asap.

On a final note...Great job last night to everyone that participated and looking forward to doing it again soon!

I am unaware of how to use the Relic and would like to learn how, can someone please post the buttons used while carrying it? Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyDQbZqUrk&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyDQbZqUrk&feature=youtu.be)

REMEC87
10-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Nice video south! For those times you had to go through the portal again I'm pretty sure you don't have to circle around. When I missed it I literally backed up back into the portal and it worked.

SouthtownSlayer
10-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Nice video south! For those times you had to go through the portal again I'm pretty sure you don't have to circle around. When I missed it I literally backed up back into the portal and it worked.

Thanks Remy, I've tried pretty much everything and for some damned reason going around the portal seems to be the only thing to work for me. :joystick:

RC-1136
10-20-2014, 08:09 AM
That might have been the calmest that I've ever been in one of your vids, Southtown. This was great.

I've been ported inside a couple of times and I'm OK taking down the Oracles. I just suck with the shield.

I think the self revive with the Warlock Sunslinger class is going to be a big plus when we run the raid on hard. Especially since your super gets recharged when the inside team comes through the portal.

sam007
10-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Below is the video of the Aetheon event last night from the perspective of someone (me) that get's ported to the inside.

Rumor has it that Bungie is looking at porting random people into the portals vice the 3 furthest from Aetheon.
What does this mean?
This means no matter your location you may get ported and have to one of two things; relic holder or oracle killer!
Like Beans mentioned, everyone is going to need to learn each role for this kill that way we're not spending 1 hour trying to figure it out, please use this means (forum posts) to ask questions and we'll try and get you an answer asap.

On a final note...Great job last night to everyone that participated and looking forward to doing it again soon!

I am unaware of how to use the Relic and would like to learn how, can someone please post the buttons used while carrying it? Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyDQbZqUrk&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyDQbZqUrk&feature=youtu.be)

Who's that awesome relic holder? :wink:

Nice video, I should find some clips so everyone can see my POV. next time we raid, we coordinate and figure out which run we'll post.

sam007
10-20-2014, 08:34 AM

Nice tip, I never thought about just backing up. :lol:

But here is what I noticed when you don't get teleported. You're touching another player as they are going through. Just like JK (jr. kindergarten), single file. :lol:

sam007
10-21-2014, 12:25 PM
http://youtu.be/RsM2V8DHu98

Killing the Gatekeeper, opening the portal, defending the sync plates from Praetorians, then shifting when the first Relic is outside.

sam007
10-21-2014, 12:29 PM
http://youtu.be/FcSkP6z0TEo

This is what is expected for the Relic holder to do when being teleported inside.

sam007
10-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Last night running a titan, I've noticed a change in killing the mobs on venus and mars.

I would shield smash them, they took some damage, "bubbled" up, then I'd end up dead. That was on mars. The solution to that, is to have the 2 fire team members put a round each into the hobgobblins so they bubble up and then the Relic Holder can shield smash them until they die.

On the venus side of things, those pesky prartorians sometimes do not take damage or even heal up! Needless to say, on our last attempt last night, my palms were sweaty knowing Atheon was almost down and if I went down cause of the praetorian not taking damage and I end up dead, would have sucked.

Sometimes even Time's Vengeance did not start and one time, we we're left standing on the middle island without a relic bubble once I used it up. I think if that happens again, we just find a pillar to hide behind. :lol: The thing I noticed was if I went through the portal before Time's Vengeance started, it would not start at all. Relic holder should go through once the last Oracle is killed.

sam007
10-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Raid

Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass
Fixed an exploit

Looks like everyone is gonna have to get their act together now. :lol:

RC-1136
10-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Looks like everyone is gonna have to get their act together now. :lol:

Should make it a lot more interesting. I got pretty good at running the relect in the Templar stage the other night. I hope it transfers over.

Jasonbharmon
10-28-2014, 07:01 PM
I just finished the normal raid today. It was not bad at all. It may have helped that the entire squad was 28 or 29. But the random stone warp was not a real issue

sam007
10-30-2014, 07:22 AM
The first phase against Atheon, retrieving the Relics, it can be soloed. Send a few rockets at the Gatekeeper, then take the left path and kill off the Praetorian. Grab the Relic and get out.

Then everyone shifts to open the right portal and protect the Conflux.

Retrieving the Relic on Venus can be a 1 person job to kill the mobs off.

Relic holder can super the Gatekeeper, put down the Relic, send a rocket to kill him off, pick up the Relic, smash the rest of the mobs, then a 2nd person can just come in a retrieve the Relic.

Egress with the 2 Relics and protect the Conlfux. :lol:

sam007
11-05-2014, 09:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yE_0Un494Y&feature=youtu.be

This is one reason why not to activate the left portal if the inside team gets teleported to Venus.

sam007
11-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Turns out, there are many ways to skin this cat!

Outside players can even go through portal and help kill oracles!

Relic holder and put down the Relic and DPS with own weapons.

sam007
11-13-2014, 08:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-ZmcYtnHc&index=2&list=PL7ZT527F40tFrV7np3S27dbNSxL_duYo8

sam007
11-28-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm watching this dude Ramez through PS4 and there is a way for the relic holder to draw aggro so Atheon stays still.

Doing this negates the centre island strategy. Looks a lot more fun too.

Also when all your ammo is depleted, it regens really fast while fighting Atheon. No idea if it applies to normal mode.

sam007
11-30-2014, 09:18 AM
I think we've been using the defender titan's super all wrong.

You guys can save it for the oracle phase with weapon's of light to give level 29's a buff! Still using the #1, #2 call out though.

The relic holder should hold the bubble up until everyone has gotten off the centre island and into a safe zone. Everyone needs to start to leave with 5s left with Time's Vengeance. The time it takes to do a 180 to see where you're jumping or get the skill down of jumping blind backwards and onto safety. :lol:

Also, during the Gatekeeper phase, the blessing of light bubble on the "mars" side, can be placed closer to the Gatekeeper on that left path that I saw Lob take one time.

All these little things just save time or give us more time.

sam007
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Here's what I noticed last night with using up my ammo.

The only time I left 1 round, I got an instant ammo replenish.

When I used up all the ammo, I did not get an instant ammo replenish.