PDA

View Full Version : Defeating the Templar

sam007
10-21-2014, 07:39 AM
After another run of the VoG last night, where to stand and what to look for to prevent the Templar from teleporting is "easy".

The teleport locations are like the 5 dots of a die. If we can hold the Templar in the middle, its the 4 corners which will spawn the red circle with a blue light beam emitting from the middle, which goes to the ceiling of the map, so its visible if your view is not obstructed. Before we actually pick up the relic, for those who don't know where the teleport locations are, we can walk through as some are obvious from the "burn" marks on the ground.

Certain spots will require a defender titan to bubble and hold that position.

Lob did a good job with the Relic with his alt last night so he'll be familiar with the Relic during the Atheon stage if needed.

The image is what the teleport location looks like. Put a body in there until the red ring turns white, but expect many red minotaurs to spawn.

sam007
10-21-2014, 12:27 PM
http://youtu.be/7NuYkstgszs

Its not a perfect run, but to give you an idea of what happens on the right side if you need to play there.

I fell back too early when the Fanatics came out as i thought defending the Conflux was over.

sam007
10-21-2014, 04:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1p0wFSZjCI&list=PLaClVCO_xcnvfYNfcu6PJ7Zp6UnPglxtH

Now that I understand what's going on, this is a pretty good guide.

Gink
10-21-2014, 04:43 PM
What's the main benefit of preventing the Templar from teleporting? From what I've heard it just causes more enemies to spawn. Only problem I've noticed with it teleporting was the few times I failed to notice the circle appear right behind me and had him teleport right on top of me. Once we got in the habit of calling out both oracle locations and where the templar was going to teleport to, it was pretty easy to rotate as needed to stay out of the way and maintain good firing lanes at the same time.

sam007
10-22-2014, 06:50 AM
What's the main benefit of preventing the Templar from teleporting? From what I've heard it just causes more enemies to spawn. Only problem I've noticed with it teleporting was the few times I failed to notice the circle appear right behind me and had him teleport right on top of me. Once we got in the habit of calling out both oracle locations and where the templar was going to teleport to, it was pretty easy to rotate as needed to stay out of the way and maintain good firing lanes at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyea2C0Iph0

sam007
10-22-2014, 08:58 AM
http://youtu.be/NZxYadH_cqY

The 5th loot chest location.

sam007
11-07-2014, 10:31 AM
http://youtu.be/WHjufw24wIM

sam007
11-13-2014, 08:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxe1Ewj9z8&index=3&list=PL7ZT527F40tFrV7np3S27dbNSxL_duYo8

I much prefer running this strat over the other one.

Danbo
11-13-2014, 09:21 AM
I had a run at the Vault last night with some Canadian counterparts last night. Rewatching this video I wonder if they patched anything? You guys seem to be fighting from the top. Is that a sound strategy? Taking out the oracles and shooting at the templar as soon as the shield drops?! We weren't able to beat him after trying for about an hour and a half (including the oracles phase...)

I was just wondering what the best way is as of today: November 13th...!!

sam007
11-13-2014, 11:22 AM
I had a run at the Vault last night with some Canadian counterparts last night. Rewatching this video I wonder if they patched anything? You guys seem to be fighting from the top. Is that a sound strategy? Taking out the oracles and shooting at the templar as soon as the shield drops?! We weren't able to beat him after trying for about an hour and a half (including the oracles phase...)

I was just wondering what the best way is as of today: November 13th...!!

Was the whole fire team using maxed out weapons? If not, that plays a factor in taking the Templar down quickly.

The platform cheese was used by us a couple of times so we have an idea of what needs to be done on hard mode. The Relic holder needs to know how to stay alive and kill the two hidden oracles and the harpies.

There are many ways to skin this cat and no idea which method you guys were using. Was it a random group? Random groups, IMO, tend to not do so well if they don't know what they're doing and especially when they're not on the same page.

Danbo
11-13-2014, 11:29 AM
I joined in with some Francophone guys...some of them seemed to know eachother. But for the sake of things, lets say they were randoms. Took us an hour to get passed the oracle phase. Took me 15 minutes to even figure out what an oracle was :P I just wasn't seeing them since I was focusing on mobs.

As for the strategy, we just kept moving from cover spot to cover spot. The templar kept porting elsewhere. And we eventually got overwhelmed by harpies. I asked a few times about taking out the oracles before they infect us, but no one answered. It was a bit frustrating to be honest.

sam007
11-13-2014, 11:53 AM
I joined in with some Francophone guys...some of them seemed to know eachother. But for the sake of things, lets say they were randoms. Took us an hour to get passed the oracle phase. Took me 15 minutes to even figure out what an oracle was :P I just wasn't seeing them since I was focusing on mobs.

As for the strategy, we just kept moving from cover spot to cover spot. The templar kept porting elsewhere. And we eventually got overwhelmed by harpies. I asked a few times about taking out the oracles before they infect us, but no one answered. It was a bit frustrating to be honest.

Ok, I see.

Order of priority to kill.

Oracles

Hobgoblins

Minotaur

Goblins

Each 2 man team plays an area, if possible, the same positions during the Conflux stages. The red mobs spawn from the same locations.

For the Templar, I would say the easiest way to kill him is the platform cheese, but since many of us have beat him so many times and out level normal mode, we decided to dance with the Templar himself and prevented him from teleporting a a few times.

Danbo
11-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Ok, I see.

Order of priority to kill.

Oracles

Hobgoblins

The guys said the hobgoblins on the platforms respawn, so we ignored them. Is that true?

For the Templar, I would say the easiest way to kill him is the platform cheese, but since many of us have beat him so many times and out level normal mode, we decided to dance with the Templar himself and prevented him from teleporting a a few times.

Plateform Cheese?

How do you prevent him from teleporting?

And forgive me for being such a noob. I should have gotten this game when it came out.

sam007
11-13-2014, 02:44 PM
The hobgoblins can also one shot you too. :lol: (So I would not ignore them)

If you platform cheese, you cannot prevent teleport. SureMoe knows how to knock the Templar off, we've never done it. I mean, we tried and said it took too long if we're not doing it right.

How to prevent teleport refer to post #1 of this thread.

No worries, we were noob once too. :lol:

sureMOE
11-13-2014, 03:35 PM
The guys said the hobgoblins on the platforms respawn, so we ignored them. Is that true?

Plateform Cheese?

How do you prevent him from teleporting?

And forgive me for being such a noob. I should have gotten this game when it came out.

In order to cheese the Templar you need a couple warlocks running sunsinger. Everybody goes down to where the white cleansing light is at the bottom of the stairs (where the relic spawns) and you designate one person to hold the relic and use it specifically for cleansing only. When looking up the stairs from where the relic initially spawns there is a kind of 'cave' to the left at the bottom of the stairs where the ADDs spawn in the confluxes round. Your team will hide there to protect yourself from the Templar's blasts and go there to get a team cleanse when marked by an oracle. Warlocks will toss Sun grenades at the Templar which will stay in place and put a burn on his shield which will force him backwards. When Warlocks supers are ready, activate them and then proceed to lob grenade after grenade at him. Everybody else just kills Harpies the whole time and stays out of fire of the Templar. If done right it will force the Templar backwards and he will fall off the cliff with a full health bar. Then you get up into the spirit bloom chest room, go through the trap door and proceed to the 5th chest.

Danbo
11-13-2014, 03:46 PM
5th chest is gold right? If you already got it, you can't get it again?
Anything special about it?

If you guys are running this on normal in the next 4-5 days, please let me know! :) I'm not hell bent on doing it with those frenchies again :P

sureMOE
11-13-2014, 04:24 PM
5th chest is gold right? If you already got it, you can't get it again?
Anything special about it?

If you guys are running this on normal in the next 4-5 days, please let me know! :) I'm not hell bent on doing it with those frenchies again :P

5th chest spawns every time you kill the Templar without him teleporting. Very hard to do it normal because the moment you stand in his teleport circle he starts calling out Minotaurs. It will despawn if ANYBODY dies on the way to it because they will be respawned in the Gorgon maze. It's only materials in there, nothing exotic, no raid gear. It's not an amazing chest full of magical puppies, but it's something fun to do, and the trip down there is pretty cool (just like the secret passage from the first chest to the Templar or the second set of disappearing platforms by the Vex gate).

Danbo
11-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Meh! I Just want gear to level up! I'm 1-2 light away from 27...hoping Xur has some head gear this weekend.

sureMOE
11-13-2014, 05:43 PM
I would start with either Vanguard/faction gear or have someone help you run the weekly nightfall. Those are the two best places to quickly level up your guy. I have also heard the Tiger Strikes are pretty good too. We have a friend that has run VoG close to 30 times and he still can't get his damn boots, yet mechatool got gloves and boots in one drop on hard mode. VoG is definitely not dependable for gear drops and you may find your time used better elsewhere. However, if you are just running it for the fun aspect, then carry on! :D

Danbo
11-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Yeah I know about the strike play list. I have 3 legendary gears...didn't want to buy vanguard for the 4th cuz I'M waiting on a legendary helmet....Need mats to finish upgrading my purples...Shards are a rare commodity.

sam007
11-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah I know about the strike play list. I have 3 legendary gears...didn't want to buy vanguard for the 4th cuz I'M waiting on a legendary helmet....Need mats to finish upgrading my purples...Shards are a rare commodity.

Do level 28 daily with other MP's, just gotta be patient and wait for the cavalry to show up. :lol:

Also your first public event for the day may reward with ascendent as well.

Not to mention the raid, been getting nothing but ascendent lately, I'm getting "Beanoed" :sad:

sam007
11-27-2014, 11:11 AM
If RC ever misses another Oracle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

:lol:

Danbo
11-27-2014, 11:20 AM
If RC ever misses another Oracle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

:lol:

I hate you now. Couldn't stop watching til the end :P

sam007
12-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Turns out, the left side of the map is the safe spot when fighting the Templar. The side with the spirit bloom chest.

I'm watching this dude right now (live), twitch handle josh757. He's soloing it on hard mode!

The trick is to not engage the adds or oracles and lots of patience. No idea how well it will work with 6 players on that side, but there are safe spots.

The oracles, if not killed, will not spawn in. His theory is there is no "space" for them to respawn.

The adds go to the "back" of the map if we're out of sight, is also his theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoS2lGCakBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2rVlrldfMg

Danbo
12-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Too bad you can't get into the VoG solo :P

sam007
12-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Looks like when the enrage cycle kicks in, oracles stop spawning and won't get marked for negation.

It's just surviving to that point and staying near the relic to get cleansed.

Danbo
12-04-2014, 09:02 AM
We had a tough time with the Templar yesterday, but I think that once RC figured out how to nail the Hidden Oracle and we were able to take out the oracles that the templar was blocking....quite frankly our last try made it look easy! If we had to run it again, I don't see us taking nearly as much time.

RC-1136
12-04-2014, 09:19 AM
We had a tough time with the Templar yesterday, but I think that once RC figured out how to nail the Hidden Oracle and we were able to take out the oracles that the templar was blocking....quite frankly our last try made it look easy! If we had to run it again, I don't see us taking nearly as much time.

Yep. Here are somethings I learned last night with the Relic on the Templar stage. My left and right will be if you are looking at the Templar from the spawn point.

1. Stay behind the platform on the left across from the Spirit Cave Hidey Hole. The Harpies will leave you alone there. Some might shoot at you when you peak, but there is plenty of cover. You can hit the Templar with your super from back there. The only problem is when he is front right. You can only see a sliver and it's a tricky shot, but I will get to that later. You can also see the left hidden oracle easy from there and get to it no problem.

Sometimes Harpies will gather in front of the left side. These are the ones that shoot at the relic holder when he peaks, but even worse than that they get in the way of shooting the super at the Templar. If the guys up top can kill any or all of these it will make the relic holder's job a little easier.

2. Destroying the left hidden oracle. If you start the R2 smash too close to the oracle you won't hit it. When you have the relic hit R2 and a get a feel of how far the lunge is. You want to be just inside that distance to be able to hit the oracle. Also, when you do the R2 lunge it takes you a little to the right. You have to aim at the left edge of the oracle. Practice is the only way to get the real feel of it. By the end of the night I was killing the oracle first time every time. The most important thing is not to panic. You have time to kill the oracle even if you miss it the first time. If you are hiding behind the pillar on the left the Harpies will stay in the front of the map and will not be an issue when taking out that oracle.

3. When you shoot your super it will pull to the left a bit. This is important to know when the Templar is on the front right and you can only see a sliver of his shield. You have to aim a little to the right to avoid hitting the pillar on the left. This shot is a pain in the ass especially if there are Harpies in the way. Again please try and take out the harpies if you're not shoot at Oracles or the Templar.

I didn't take any serious damage while I was hiding behind the left pillar. I think a 29 can run the relic to let the 30's DPS on the Templar.