PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks vs. Lions (NFC Championship, Take 1) READ THIS FIRST!!!

TrojanTeacher
10-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Time: 6:00 pm PST
Game 1
-------------------------------------

Game starts and we're playing each other close. Punt after punt. Retro has some sort of hack that his kicker always puts the ball at the 2 yd line. Anyhow, from the 2 yd. line, I try to do a sweep to the left and he hits me at about the 4 yard line with SUH and Marshawn Lynch gets hit backwards and starts to stumble into the endzone. As he's starting to get his footing he gets hit by more DE's and I get tackled in the endzone. SAFETY!!!???? I called forward progress, but Retro said "Nope!".

SEAHAWKS 0
LIONS 2

I called Shenanigans while he laughed, but he got the call. On his next possession, he drives close enough to get a FG, still a close game.

SEAHAWKS 0
LIONS 5

On my next drive, near the end of the 2nd quarter, I start running hurry up defense (Retro said it was legal as I was within the 2 mins. of the half) and end up scoring with about 0:54 left in the 2nd quarter.

SEAHAWKS 7
LIONS 5

After the quick off, Retro does some sort of glitch and Megatron scores a touchdown with 0:20 left in the half.

SEAHAWKS 7
LIONS 12

---------------------------------
HALFTIME!!!!!
---------------------------------

During the 3rd quarter, Retro has to punt to me and puts me on the 2 yd. line. (SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!). I set up a Quick Slant pass play. I check to make sure it's a Quick Slant. I make sure to set my WR to go for a bomb by giving him a specific assignment. Again, THIS IS A PASS PLAY. After I snap the ball, Lynch gets the ball on RUN PLAY (???? WTF???) and since it was supposed to be a pass play, I was running backwards and get tackled (again) for a safety. Yeah, this game was not going my way.

SEAHAWKS 7
LIONS 14

After a change of possession, early in the 4th quarter, I was able to drive close enough to get a FG.

SEAHAWKS 10
LIONS 14

By this time, so many weird plays and things had occurred that both Retro and I had been basically bitching and complaining about calls, catches, warping players, etc. Well, I guess the KINECT had enough. It disconnected Retro for the game on his end. On my end it said something like this, "The opponent has been kicked from the game for 'excessive grievance'". HAHA!! Too much cursing RETRO!!! LOL!!! I have no idea what happened, but the game ended with me having possession of the ball after a punt by Retro with about 2:20 left in the 4th. I don't know if I would have been able to drive the ball with that much time to score, or if he would have been able to hold me. Either way, the game ended...and the re-match began.

Retro
10-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Kinect wasn't on. California server bias.

HardlyCapable13
10-22-2014, 11:45 PM
I'm not even going to bring up the fact that you simmed games and are in the Super Bowl...

TrojanTeacher
10-23-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure what happened with that KINECT issue. I know mine was off, you said yours was off. I think Madden just doesn't like you, you cussing cusser. :boink:

TrojanTeacher
10-23-2014, 12:05 AM
I'm not even going to bring up the fact that you simmed games and are in the Super. Bowl...

You're just mad cuz I beat Retro. Also, I think I'm going to sim the Super Bowl. Whaddaya think?

HardlyCapable13
10-23-2014, 12:07 AM
You're just mad cuz I beat Retro. Also, I think I'm going to sim the Super Bowl. Whaddaya think?

You'd win it with those Cheathawks.

Retro
10-23-2014, 12:18 AM
I lost because my offense was gimped without Stafford. Having to use quick short passes and runs only makes CJ & Tate useless.

Retro
10-23-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure what happened with that KINECT issue. I know mine was off, you said yours was off. I think Madden just doesn't like you, you cussing cusser. :boink:

But I wasn't! There was no reason too as I was WINNING! My defense in that first game had completely shut you down.

TrojanTeacher
10-23-2014, 12:46 AM
But I wasn't! There was no reason too as I was WINNING! My defense in that first game had completely shut you down.

Yeah, I no idea what happened. It kept saying LOADING.... Over and over again.

TheFreak75
10-23-2014, 04:53 AM
i'm not even going to bring up the fact that you simmed games and are in the super bowl...

lol!!!!

HardlyCapable13
10-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Very peculiar. Very peculiar indeed. :spy:

TrojanTeacher
10-23-2014, 10:05 AM
To be fair, I told Retro that we could just score the right amount of points (SEAHAWKS 10 - LIONS 14) on the restart and wait until 2:20 on the clock in the 4th and continue from there like it never happened. He opted to go for a new game.

ScoobySnacks
10-23-2014, 01:46 PM
I've seen the "excessive grieving" thing before. I was playing someone in ultimate madden online. It happened after about 6 or 7 offside penalties in a row. He was losing and the clock was winding down - he was doing it on purpose just to be an ass.

Retro
10-23-2014, 01:50 PM
The excessive grieving kick is only for lobby games. Why it even showed up for a disconnect in a CFM game is an obvious glitch.

TrojanTeacher
10-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Hey Scooby, I should be able to play tonight. I was at a concert last night and got in past 11 pm PST. I'll try to hit you up around 3 or 4 pm PST if possible.

ScoobySnacks
10-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Looking forward to getting destroyed by you - see you then.

Are we playing another season? at madden level?

ScoobySnacks
10-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Congrats to Trojan for winning the Superbowl 20-3.

I was totally outmatched.