PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks vs. Lions (NFC Championship, Take 2) READ THIS SECOND!!!

TrojanTeacher
10-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Time: 7:20 PST
GAME 2
-------------------------

As in the first game, there were many amazing, weird catches. Rare fumbles, lots of tipped passes that should have gone for INT's or even pick-sixes. Shenanigans all over the place. This time, those shenanigans favored me though (i.e. warping Sherman).

Game starts with Retro getting possession first, but I was able to hold him. So after he punts to me, I was able to break off a 47 yard rush with "Skittles". Retro had the right defense, but for some reason, they did the completely wrong thing. Lynch had to fight off 2 tackles, but he was gone.

SEAHAWKS 7
LIONS 0

Retro gets the next two scores by hitting two FG's and the game gets really close.

SEAHAWKS 7
LIONS 6

On my next possession I get to get my own FG and push my lead by three.

SEAHAWKS 10
LIONS 6

The 2nd quarter is starting to dwindle down, Retro gets another FG.

SEAHAWKS 10
LIONS 9

After another long drive by Retro, he gets the ball to the 1 yard line. He has 0:01 left in the 2nd quarter. He decides he's going for it, I decide to take a time out to give my line some more time to rest. I set up a goal line defense that is going to rush the gaps to make sure BELL doesn't get in. I sold out all my players except for 3 DB's. Retro contemplates kicking a field goal, but he decides to go for the TD. Lucky for me, my safety tips the pass and the half ends. PHEWWWWW!!!

Both games have been stressful, I've been clinching my mouth together for so long that it's starting to feel sore. HAHA!! THE NERVES!!!!!

-------------------------------
HALFTIME
-------------------------------

2nd half begins, after he drives down the field in about 15 plays, he scores. He decides to go for 2 and gets it.

SEAHAWKS 10
LIONS 17

On the very next possession, it takes me one play with Lynch to go 81 yards for the TD. YAY!!! The bad thing, my defensive line is TIRED.

SEAHAWKS 17
LIONS 17

Update: BELL (Lions RB) gets injured. YAY!! Broken thumb, BUT he returns to play. I mean, who needs a thumb to play football, right???

4th quarter, Retro is driving down the field. He's withing the 40 yard line. BELL (remember the injured guy with the broken thumb?) carries the ball and gets whalloped and FUMBLE!!! I guess you do need a thumb to carry the football.

3:47 left to go in the game, I decide that I need to start killing time while I move the ball. I'm able to get 1st downs with passing plays and running plays. I get the clock within 1 minute and am able to get another first down. Now, it's just time to eat up the clock and get close enough to kick a FG. I just need 5 yards in 2 downs to achieve this. SUCCESS!! After Retro uses up all his time outs and I use up all of mine, there are 0:02 left in the game and I need to make a 41 (?) yard FG. The kick is up, it's straight enough, it's long enough, IT'S IN!!

FINAL
----------------------
SEAHAWKS 20
LIONS 17
----------------------

Moral: Take the FG while you can, or you might lose by 3. :becky::becky: