PDA

View Full Version : Season Two OR Start a New League?

Retro
10-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Option 1:

Stick with what have. An Owner Mode league.

Option 2:

Create a new league using created coaches.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

OPTION 1

Pros:
League already in place
Teams have been built and established.

Cons:
Teams are too spread out with minimal chances for head to head games.
Owner mode has a bug that does not allow teams to make a proper amount of money, limiting what we can do.

OPTION 2

Pros:
Opportunity to set up two divisions, one in each league, made entirely of human players = guarantees a minimum of 6 player vs player games each regular season.
Coach mode = no ticket price or merchandise management, just running the football side.
Fresh start for members who are not experienced Madden players who now have a better understanding.
Better/more experienced player will not get top level elite teams.

Cons:
Lose what some of us have built in the current league.
Low chance of getting your preferred team.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

You decide. But we need to decide before we get into the current offseason.

HardlyCapable13
10-25-2014, 04:36 PM
I could go either way really. I love the work and progress I've put into my team, especially Teddy, and that would suck to lose. I also have AP to lean on. And the Vikes are my team!

But if people want to change it up I'm fine with that too.

I really wish we could start a league with empty teams and have a fantasy style draft. That would be fun.

donhardeone
10-25-2014, 04:39 PM
You forgot a Pro under Option 2...HC loses Peterson, right? Ha!

I'm pretty pleased with how far I got with a sub-par Falcons this season, so I wouldn't be upset if I got to see if I could build off that success. However, if I had my preference I would likely vote to start a new league to make it simpler and more likely we would play against one another. Though all of my losses came to you lot, not the computer.

I believe MP3DAMO has Madden, and he may be interested in joining in the league.

Retro
10-25-2014, 04:47 PM
We currently have 8 players (Airease is for awhile and not sure when we will see him again).

We could go one of two ways if starting a new league.

1. Take the 4 best players and put them in one division and the 4 less experienced players put them in another division

or (and my preference)

2. Take 2 from the best player group and two from the less experienced group and put them in one division and then do the same with the other 4 players. Then give the less experienced players the best teams in those divisions and the top players the worst teams.

Retro
10-25-2014, 04:48 PM
There is an option to do a fantasy draft (ewww).

ScoobySnacks
10-25-2014, 04:49 PM
I'll go with option 2, don't care what team I get as long as it's not the Ravens - I hate the Ravens.

TrojanTeacher
10-25-2014, 04:50 PM
I have never run an owner mode and mostly had no idea about what to do. Most of my stuff was delegated.

i would prefer to play against people. I don't have a team that I prefer to have, so I don't care what team I get. Maybe the best players should get the worst teams to create a better challenge within the division as was suggested. I'm okay with that.

Option 2 for me.

Retro
10-25-2014, 04:56 PM
There is also the issue of picking who exactly makes up the 4 in the "best of" group and who the other 4 are.

As for divisions, the AFC East and the AFC South are pretty clear cut so one of those would be good. The NFC is a little trickier, with maybe the NFC South being the best split between the 4 teams.

TheFreak75
10-25-2014, 04:59 PM
I like option 2

donhardeone
10-25-2014, 05:02 PM
NFC West maybe? I know that Arizona is doing well IRL this season, but they were pretty easy to beat in-game this season IMO. Seahawks and 49ers in top, Cardinals and Rams in bottom.

Retro
10-25-2014, 05:03 PM
NFC West maybe? I know that Arizona is doing well IRL this season, but they were pretty easy to beat in-game this season IMO. Seahawks and 49ers in top, Cardinals and Rams in bottom.

Yup, I'd be good with that division.

Retro
10-25-2014, 05:16 PM
NFC West & AFC South?

Seattle Seahawks - Raider
San Francisco 49ers - Don
Arizona Cardinals - Scooby
St. Louis Rams - Retro

Indianapolis Colts - Freak
Houston Texans - Landshark
Tennessee Titans - HC
Jacksonville Jaguars - Teach

????????????????????????????????????

donhardeone
10-25-2014, 05:20 PM
works for me.

Retro
10-25-2014, 05:50 PM
If everyone is good with the divisions and team selection, post a YES and I'll create the league and send out the invites. It will be CREATED COACHES ONLY. You must create a new coach when joining.

HardlyCapable13
10-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Yes. And yes for everyone else too. Now start it.

Retro
10-25-2014, 06:37 PM
League is created.

Name: TEAM MP2
Password: teammp

When you join, select the team you are assigned above. You must also CREATE A COACH!

donhardeone
10-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Joined and ready

HardlyCapable13
10-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Ok, good to go. Where are the substitution sliders posted?

TrojanTeacher
10-26-2014, 01:45 AM
Good to go! Coach Wes Mantooth at the ready for the Jaguar Superbowl run.