PDA

View Full Version : CoD AW War Stories

Retro
11-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Got in a bunch of rounds with Freak, HC and Antagonize. A little Domination, some Hardpoint and a fair amount of Kill Confirmed.

Nice variety in the maps, I was concerned they would all be sterile futuristic type maps but there was a really solid mix. The vertical element adds a nice new twist to how you play though I must say the trailers greatly exaggerate how much jumping around there is.

So far it's a winner and a lot of fun.

HardlyCapable13
11-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Not a huge a CoD fan, but I'm really enjoying it.

RC-1136
11-04-2014, 09:06 AM
I watched my son play a little and played a few rounds myself. It reminds me too much of a Treyarch CoD game which is a huge personal negative. It isn't as smooth as the "Infinity Ward" engine and all the sounds seem muffled to me. I think some weapon balancing is going to need to be done.

I have to say, though, that the MP ran pretty flawlessly for me on Day 0 which is impressive.

I liked the Exo-Suit features more than I thought I would, but my main dislikes of this game come from the fact that it reminds me of a Treyarch game.

Retro
11-04-2014, 11:21 AM
X1/PS4 version of AW runs on the IW Engine.

RC-1136
11-04-2014, 12:45 PM
X1/PS4 version of AW runs on the IW Engine.

Really? Wow. The game has a Treyarxh feel to me. That's surprising.

I see a big difference in the fluidity of the gameplay compared to ghost.

Retro
11-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Another night with Freak, HC & Antagonizer. Got in some solid rounds of Domination, then made the mistake of playing "Momentum". Oh that was a giant ass kicking. I like the mode though, think we just need some practice as a group.

antagonizer
11-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Fun sting last night with everyone. Enjoying the game even thou u can't hold target and get my butt handed to me. Hoping time will improve that. Movementem was fun but a huge ass whooping on two games wow.

FeelinKorny
11-05-2014, 07:20 AM
So far the only Peep Ive played with was Able Archer. I really like the game. But my inner dudebro mentality is coming out. I have fun when playing which is all that matters. But when my k/d is .65 it makes me want to rage! But this happens every call of duty. I just need to unlock some weapons and attachments. Find my game modes and get into my groove. Hopefully I can get in with some more peeps. Im always open to invites.

So far Ive played TDK, hardcore TDM, hardcore kill confirm, hardcore domination. infected and uplink. Going from my normal hardcore modes to uplink is a little rough because its core, but damn I have a blast playing uplink.

HardlyCapable13
11-05-2014, 08:49 AM
made the mistake of playing "Momentum". Oh that was a giant ass kicking. I like the mode though, think we just need some practice as a group.

Not sure I want to play that mode anymore unless they fix the spawning. Countless times literally spawning right in front of an enemy. These maps are small, but not THAT small.

antagonizer
11-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey korny don't worry about the k/d when playing certain modes. Have fun.

HardlyCapable13
11-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Hey korny don't worry about the k/d when playing certain modes. Have fun.

What's a k/d? :shocked:

SheepDog320
11-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Well first night without my wiimote went better than I expected, but will deffinatley take some getting used too. I like most of the maps so far, played for several hours still don't think I played all of them yet. Leveling up the ak47 until I unlock a better gun. Looking forward to some matches with MP's, still havnt figured out how to add my clan tag guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Retro
11-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Sorry I couldn't get in the chat tonight, my son had been playing for awhile and he left my headset on the ground which is a big no-no. The "Ninja" (that would be our cat, Ferb) moved in and swiftly assassinated his mortal enemy, the headset. This marks assassination #6 for the Ninja. He took great pride in yet another kill by quickly bringing the carcass to me and dropping it at my feet. He was either looking for praise for his accomplishment, or offering a warning that I never again bring another into the house. He then proceeded to follow my wife to bed and go to sleep, in my spot.

Tomorrow I will sneak headset #7 into the house.

Retro
11-07-2014, 01:27 AM
still havnt figured out how to add my clan tag guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Go into the "Operator" menu and I believe it is under "player card".

SheepDog320
11-07-2014, 01:29 AM
That's a lot of money on headsets, that cats lucky he's not mine!!!!

HardlyCapable13
11-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Sorry I couldn't get in the chat tonight, my son had been playing for awhile and he left my headset on the ground which is a big no-no. The "Ninja" (that would be our cat, Ferb) moved in and swiftly assassinated his mortal enemy, the headset. This marks assassination #6 for the Ninja. He took great pride in yet another kill by quickly bringing the carcass to me and dropping it at my feet. He was either looking for praise for his accomplishment, or offering a warning that I never again bring another into the house. He then proceeded to follow my wife to bed and go to sleep, in my spot.

Tomorrow I will sneak headset #7 into the house.

Wireless? Only took our cat one headset before I made that decision.

Retro
11-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Wireless headset is coming home today.

SheepDog320
11-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Speaking of headsets, if you want a cheap good headset, my turtle beach nla's from my Wii u work with the ps4. You can get them for less than 20 bucks online.

FeelinKorny
11-08-2014, 09:06 AM
I had some fun playing with the peeps last night. I had to quit because it got to the point where I would stand still but my guy would teleport all over the place. I couldn't even do something as simple as walk straight. Besides that one match though I haven't had any other issues (except a random kick to dashboard).

Now that my connection has been good the last couple days Ive been going positive k/d wise and im being more useful in the objective games. But Ive been playing mainly core modes since my new found good connection and that's where I do best.

I also finally unlocked the IMR. My favorite gun. I knew it would be from the trailers and videos I watched before release.

Retro
11-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Hot damn I sucked last night. I'll put blame on the fact that I was stuffed with pizza and was in a sleepy state. Yup, we'll go with that.

johnnyh1976
11-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Fun games last night. I stunk it up in hardcore mode, but it was totally fun to join in and play with some MP crew again. I can't get the app to work on my phone so I can't get into the clan through the app for clan wars and such...bummer.

Going to see if it will work on my tablet.

This is one of the first COD games in a while that I will have at the top of my playlist for a while and will make the efforts to try to prestiege.

Cheers!!

FeelinKorny
11-09-2014, 09:00 AM
So Ive come to the conclusion, if your not doing very good and feel like your gun is weak. The very first Assault rifle, the BAL. Its so overpowered its not even funny. Ive been using the AK and with a K/D of .60 and a winning % of .30. Absolutely horrible. I could not get more then 3-4 kills a match, never went even or positive, couldn't hold down an objective. I just flat out sucked.

I decided to use the BAL since Ive heard people cry its overpowered. My K/D in 10 matches went up to .80

In last 5 matches I had a K/D of 1.70, 2.30, 3, 5 and 2.50 won every match and was at the top of the leader board. Same exact loadout set up except all I did was use the BAL. Doesn't even take half a clip to kill somebody in core. I had multiple double and triple kills. I got one of those walking spider tank things in one of my drops mid match. That thing was freaking amazing. I got 10 kills with it in a matter of seconds.

Then I also realized I could customize my scorestreaks. So now my sentry gun shoots rockets and my UAV lasts longer.

So my advice is to forget about all the other guns, just use the BAL and abuse it until they nerf it.

johnnyh1976
11-09-2014, 11:37 AM
So Ive come to the conclusion, if your not doing very good and feel like your gun is weak. The very first Assault rifle, the BAL. Its so overpowered its not even funny. Ive been using the AK and with a K/D of .60 and a winning % of .30. Absolutely horrible. I could not get more then 3-4 kills a match, never went even or positive, couldn't hold down an objective. I just flat out sucked.

I decided to use the BAL since Ive heard people cry its overpowered. My K/D in 10 matches went up to .80

In last 5 matches I had a K/D of 1.70, 2.30, 3, 5 and 2.50 won every match and was at the top of the leader board. Same exact loadout set up except all I did was use the BAL. Doesn't even take half a clip to kill somebody in core. I had multiple double and triple kills. I got one of those walking spider tank things in one of my drops mid match. That thing was freaking amazing. I got 10 kills with it in a matter of seconds.

Then I also realized I could customize my scorestreaks. So now my sentry gun shoots rockets and my UAV lasts longer.

So my advice is to forget about all the other guns, just use the BAL and abuse it until they nerf it.

I may give that a go tonight....I figured out the companion app and set it up on my tablet. I've sent out the request to join the clan...looking forward to clan events and such.

TonkaToys
11-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Cheers for the advice on the BAL. I've only played one MP match and it was me (level 1) and loads of level mid-twenties! Still managed to do OK though - bottom of the table, but .8 k/d

I've been trying the campaign, but it really gives me motion sickness if I play it for too long. Never had that from BF games, only COD.

johnnyh1976
11-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Fun games again last night running with the SBox Mpeeps....I am not sure what was going on but I could not hear anything from the in game chat...so that was a bit frustrating on my end but still fun as I was still getting double XP for some reason.

The BAL is a beast!!

If you guys send invites when I'm on and I don't join up right away....hope you're not offended. I have some of my friends that I play music with that I hop on with and also my wife loves COD so we split screen together.

But I will say it's fun to play with MP's again. Had a blast in BF4 then Madden and Destiny came out...but AW is one of the best COD games in years so much fun!!

johnnyh1976
11-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the games last night Jenn and Antagonizer. I saw all of the invites.....my wife and I were playing split screen and were in a small party with our neighbor and my daughter's old daycare teacher. They quit but my truck driver potty mouthed wife did not want to join up with the Mpeeps out of fear of her not doing well.

Long story short, I had a blast. Loving this COD so far and last night before crashing had a game of free for all that was a multiple "XBox Record that!!!" game.

johnnyh1976
11-24-2014, 05:05 PM
[VIDEO]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154939581385691[VIDEO]

Harshfence
11-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Had a good time with some MPs yesterday. It has been a while and I had a great time. I am still trying to figure out the XBone invite/join thing since this was the first time playing online with friends since I got it last spring. I am really enjoying this COD. I am not as good at this one...yet! :) But, I think I actually have more fun playing this one than the others. I think it is the boost jumping. I think it is fun to fly around like that, but I don't really care for Halo (hmmm). Anyways, for what it takes out of realism of movement it adds to the fun...IMO.

I look forward to playing with you guys again. :)

I really like playing HC Domination and capping a flag using the cloak and watching the other team run right by you. It is rather laughable as you take them out because they don't see you while you are capping it. LOL

MPIBRINGPAIN
01-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Hardcore Domination has always been my go to game mode. I'll make sure I've still got you on my list and maybe I'll se you there soon!

SmokeyCheese1
01-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Im personally enjoying this game. Not as much as BO2 but still liking it. Seems they've worked out the lag bugs - game was horrid when it first came out for a couple weeks even after that. So much so I almost threw it away.

Ive finished up my camo challenges for the A/Rs. Now working on SMGs. The grind............

Im still upset the progress for "Challenges" resets when you prestige. Ive completed a few challenges many times over if you count all of the progress over each prestige.

johnnyh1976
01-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Im still upset the progress for "Challenges" resets when you prestige. Ive completed a few challenges many times over if you count all of the progress over each prestige.

Same here. I love this entry in the COD franchise and see myself going through the prestige ranks. But was not impressed that when you carried a gun over, you had to unlock everything for it again...kind of a bummer. I think on my next prestige, I may carry over a late level perk or something as getting to level 25 or so is pretty quick.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for DLC maps.

MPIBRINGPAIN
01-13-2015, 08:59 AM
I had a great time playing last night with some MP's. It sucks I can only ever get on for a few games at a time. And to top it off my kids broke ANOTHER headset! but I had a few good one with SmokeyCheese, Jennrall, and antagonizer, I hate playing against other MP's though, it's such intense gaming when all you think is "hold your own! don't let them make you look bad!" lol.

antagonizer
04-21-2015, 09:12 AM
Things are pretty inactive for most on this game. I have taken over trying to run the app side of this for mp. To try and keep us active and doing well (also making it fun for the active cod players) I have benched anyone who hasn't played in last 2 clan wars or has not had 3 wins or more.
If u plan on playing in the wars please contact me before the war starts and I will unbench you. Either thru here or in app.
Anyone can still play the game this only affects clan wars.