PDA

View Full Version : Season 1: Week 5

TrojanTeacher
11-06-2014, 01:40 AM
Well, that's two losses in a row.

Against San Diego, I had shut down their offense for the whole game. As soon as I get the lead with 2 mins. to go, San Diego just moves the ball up the field and there was nothing I could do to stop them.

Against the Steelers, the game was close, but under control. With a score of 17 - 24 (Jaguars winning), I was able to injure Rapelesthberger and they bring in their backup. The back up begins to move the ball easily and their running back, BALL, requires three hits to bring down. After sacking the QB twice in a row, they have 3rd and 31. I blitz again, the back up QB gets hit THREE FRICKIN TIMES with defensive linemen and fights them off, then throws a bomb for almost 50 yards AND COMPLETES IT to a guy who was triple covered!!!! WTF!! Eventually, with the most awesome 2 minute drill I've ever seen, they get the ball into the endzone with 2 seconds left. They kick a FG in OT and I lose.

Very frustrating.

donhardeone
11-06-2014, 08:12 AM
The back up begins to move the ball easily and their running back, BALL, requires three hits to bring down.

I'm hoping week 5 is different, but in weeks 3 and 4 I have had a helluva time bringing down RBs. Scooby can confirm my week 3 matchup was just ridiculous how many times I would hit Ellington and he just never went down. Same thing for McCoy in week 4. I have the Chiefs this week, so I imagine since Charles is already hard to bring down he may require a dogpile every time to bring down.

HardlyCapable13
11-06-2014, 08:32 AM
he may require a dogpile every time to bring down.

He does.

TrojanTeacher
11-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Yup, I had PITT at the 2 yard line, 3rd and 10 on their last drive. They do an inside run, Bell bounces off two tacklers, jukes the third, spin move, then if it wasn't for my safety tackling him 35 yards later, they would have scored on that play. It's frustrating...but this morning I did a little reflection and said to myself, "Well shit, I'm playing with the Jaguars...". So I guess the universe is still intact.

I think the thing that got my is that in the PITT game, the backup was doing better than Rapelethsberger and was fighting off 2 to 3 D-Linemen per play. I should have recorded that stuff so you guys could have seen it. I was in shock. And the play where he fought of three would-be tacklers and launched a bomb into triple coverage (remember, this is the backup) and they completed it to basically seal the deal. I honestly dropped my controller in shock. If it was Ben, sure, I'll give you that, he's tough enough to dodge blocks, but Bruce Gradkowski (who the hell is that?)!

HardlyCapable13
11-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Browns 12
Titans 14

SMH

donhardeone
11-06-2014, 07:12 PM
And week 5 continued the stupidity that is "tackling" this go around. In all seriousness, did any sliders get changed between week 2 and 3?!?! Charles, Smith, Bowe, and every other Chief player found ways to shrug off safe tackles (A) and big hit tackles (X) with ease. Alex Smith shrugged off three different sack attempts from Ahmad Brooks, who has been a tackling machine...not like the guy is a horrible tackler with no fundamentals.
</rant>

Got handed my first loss of the season to honestly what was a subpar Chiefs team. I handed them the win in a way trying to throw so much against them in double-digit wind. When you combine low confidence QB and 12+ MPH wind, you get INTs. Held it close and it came down literally to the last 6 seconds of the game, where the Chiefs were able to put up an easy FG to win. They of course drove the distance of the field in under 2 minutes with more broken tackles than my team had actual tackles for the game. Don't mind losing, but dang this one leaves a bad taste.

HardlyCapable13
11-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Not to mention that vid you posted of Smith having a fucking eternity in the pocket. That was just stupid.

donhardeone
11-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Not to mention that vid you posted of Smith having a fucking eternity in the pocket. That was just stupid.

Happened a few times during the game actually...which is insane considering I have 3 of the top 10 sack leaders in the league. No matter which player I switched to, I just couldn't break free to get a run at him; apparently neither could my CPU controlled players either. Meh...on to week 6 I guess.

HardlyCapable13
11-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Yeah, not sure how the command promp works when rushing the QB and trying to break a block, but I always get red icon and fall down. No matter if I hit it perfect timing or now. It's weird.

Retro
11-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Perfect timing for a d-lineman is just for getting off the snap (hit RT when the ball is snapped). Then when the icon (and X or the A) pops up you have to hit it in time AND you will see a couple of see-through arrows at your players feet, you need to pick the direction you want them to go. The chances of success depend on your timing and the players Awareness, Play Recognition, Blockshedding, Finesse Moves, Power moves, Agility & Strength. Different traits will also play a role, like the Swim Move trait or the Bull Rush trait.

If your defender has a higher finesse move attribute, then more often then not you will see the A come up, while a player with higher power moves will produce a trigger for the X button. Adding in a trait will improve the chances of the move working.

Also, during a run play, it is far more likely that the A will come up and power moves and bull rushing are not good against the run game. The higher your players Play Recognition the quick they will read run or pass and the quick you will get prompted. The players awareness will help in reading how the opponent is blocking them.

Retro
11-06-2014, 08:47 PM
And week 5 continued the stupidity that is "tackling" this go around. In all seriousness, did any sliders get changed between week 2 and 3?!?! Charles, Smith, Bowe, and every other Chief player found ways to shrug off safe tackles (A) and big hit tackles (X) with ease. Alex Smith shrugged off three different sack attempts from Ahmad Brooks, who has been a tackling machine...not like the guy is a horrible tackler with no fundamentals.
</rant>

Got handed my first loss of the season to honestly what was a subpar Chiefs team. I handed them the win in a way trying to throw so much against them in double-digit wind. When you combine low confidence QB and 12+ MPH wind, you get INTs. Held it close and it came down literally to the last 6 seconds of the game, where the Chiefs were able to put up an easy FG to win. They of course drove the distance of the field in under 2 minutes with more broken tackles than my team had actual tackles for the game. Don't mind losing, but dang this one leaves a bad taste.

Hopefully in week 6, you'll be getting a second loss!

TrojanTeacher
11-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Haha!

donhardeone
11-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Surely I can beat the friggin Rams!!!

Retro
11-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Surely I can beat the friggin Rams!!!

Your odds got a bit better with Torrey Smith gone for 4 weeks.