PDA

View Full Version : Just an observation.

TrojanTeacher
11-13-2014, 03:51 PM
I've noticed, based on my last three games, that if the score is 0-0, the computer is very clumsy and easy to play against. As soon as you get a lead, it's like they all take an HGH shot and start dominating the gameplay. We are playing in ALL-MADDEN, right? It makes sense that the CPU would play harder; relentless even.

Anyone else experiencing this? I noticed that most of the games that I've won were close until the very end when I pulled away; most likely not giving them any time to turn-to-the-juice.

Retro
11-13-2014, 04:06 PM
We are on All-Pro. I can't say I noticed that. Against the Cowboys the CPU had a flawless opening drive for a TD. After that I shut down their offense. I won 34-18 and the points they scored after that opener were pretty much garbage time points.

TrojanTeacher
11-13-2014, 04:13 PM
ALL-PRO? Well, shit, now I'm embarrassed. LOL!!

Retro
11-13-2014, 04:22 PM
It's All-Pro base but the sliders make it more difficult than base All-Madden. I use All-Pro because it plays better, on All-Madden the CPU cheats. It's built in for AM that the CPU will base it's offence or defensive playcall on the specific play you have called so it always has the right "answer" and players in the right position.

All-Pro plays more "organic" but at it's base level it's too easy. So with some slider adjustments you get the difficulty and challenge of AM without the cheat factor.

HardlyCapable13
11-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Here's something I want explained with this stupid confidence system. I traded Scooby to get Carson Palmer. Not sure what scoobs did to him, but he had 9 confidence. I boosted that in game prep. Played my week 8 game with him as starter.
He ended up with the following stats:
Rating 101.9
Yards 171
Passes 15 for 23
1 TD
0 int

Yet, he got a -3 confidence for that game because "I had a terrible game." WTF is that?

Meanwhile, my RB Sankey gets a total of +7 confidence for the game because:
+5. That was a huge win at home
+1. We dominated the redzone
+1. I scored 2 TDs
Did I mention he only ran for 42 yards with an average of 2.5 YPC?

Seems pretty broken.

TrojanTeacher
11-14-2014, 11:12 AM
HAHA! That's weird. You win, but both players take it differently. Maybe it's because a Heisman Trophy winner expects more.

HardlyCapable13
11-14-2014, 11:18 AM
HAHA! That's weird. You win, but both players take it differently. Maybe it's because a Heisman Trophy winner expects more.

It's bullshit is what it is...

Retro
11-14-2014, 11:56 AM
That sim with Raider fucked up my team! Bradford going in was around a 55 in confidence, nothing special but it wasn't hurting him either. Some how came out of the game with a rating of 16!!! Turns out he threw 4 picks in the sim and fumbled.

He was a disaster to use against KC. Throwing ducks everywhere, the best completion's were to the KC defensive backs. And now I have to play the 49ers again! I have to check his confidence now, because KC is considered a rivalry game which will cost big. I'm suddenly going to be 4-4.

HardlyCapable13
11-14-2014, 12:05 PM
I hate the confidence system. Good idea, poor execution.

Retro
11-14-2014, 12:15 PM
I hate the confidence system. Good idea, poor execution.
I've found it to be pretty good so far, few problems.

HardlyCapable13
11-14-2014, 12:25 PM
I've found it to be pretty good so far, few problems.

Did you even read my Palmer post?

Retro
11-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Did you even read my Palmer post?
So out of how many games played, one problem?

HardlyCapable13
11-14-2014, 01:11 PM
So out of how many games played, one problem?

That's actually the first time I checked post game. I didn't realize it was there.

TrojanTeacher
11-14-2014, 01:15 PM
It's bullshit is what it is...

Haha! This made me laugh out loud. Thank goodness I'm on a break.

HardlyCapable13
11-18-2014, 03:32 PM
This confidence BS really hurts those of us who aren't the best passers. This week Palmer's post-game confidence went:
+1: we're on a winning streak
-3: my comp. Percentage was awful
-3: I had a terrible game

Rating was 78.2
12 of 25 for 137, 1 TD and no interceptions. I know the percentage isn't great, but really? He's one both starts with the Titans, no picks, and multiple touchdowns and confidence still declines? I'm having to use all my prep hours in getting his confidence number higher each week.

Retro
11-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Under 50% and less than 200 yards would be seen as at least a disappointment for a QB like Palmer.

HardlyCapable13
11-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Under 50% and less than 200 yards would be seen as at least a disappointment for a QB like Palmer.

So if you're a mediocre passer in the game than you're just destined to fail in that aspect. If you already suck, it shouldn't make you suck more by lowering your rating.

TrojanTeacher
11-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Blake Bortles eats up my XP cuz I always have to bring his confidence up. He had 2 TD's, 150+ passing, 10/16, and no INT's. I'm sure he's gonna bitch about how bad his game was after winning 41-7......

HardlyCapable13
11-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Blake Bortles eats up my XP cuz I always have to bring his confidence up. He had 2 TD's, 150+ passing, 10/16, and no INT's. I'm sure he's gonna bitch about how bad his game was after winning 41-7......

That's what I'm saying. I could see if I threw 3 picks, but when my confidence is just below 50% yet threw a TD and no picks, I don't think confidence should go down. It's a game! We're not all pro calibre QB's here.

And yeah, I didn't throw 200 yards but with my skill vs Ravens D with 7 minute quarters, that's not bad.

Retro
11-18-2014, 05:27 PM
So if you're a mediocre passer in the game than you're just destined to fail in that aspect. If you already suck, it shouldn't make you suck more by lowering your rating.
Do well, get rewarded. Suck and get punished. I got rewarded with Stafford and now I'm getting hammered with Bradford. Seems realistic to me.

donhardeone
11-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Given the shortened quarters (which I prefer BTW), it is almost impossible to reach the stats and reps that a lot of the players want. Even my best defenders take hits to their confidence because "they didn't get enough tackles" and you are unlikely to get all of your WRs and the RB the number of reps they want to contribute.

Overall I like the confidence system. It does create problems for leagues that shorten quarter lengths. It also is brutal for those of us who are not fantastic passers. Even if I had Peyton Manning with an all star Oline and WRs, I'd still lose confidence weekly due to my mediocre ability as a passer.

Retro
11-18-2014, 10:25 PM
I did make a change to the CPU defence from the last league to this one, I made their pass coverage and play reaction better. Maybe I should pull it back slightly?

HardlyCapable13
11-18-2014, 10:42 PM
I would be happy if we could nix this stupid confidence thing. I'm sure they'll either forego it or fix it for next year, but it just doesn't work in its current state.

donhardeone
11-18-2014, 11:14 PM
I did make a change to the CPU defence from the last league to this one, I made their pass coverage and play reaction better. Maybe I should pull it back slightly?

I don't know if that is the problem. Maybe it's because I made a significant upgrade in teams, but I feel better overall. I don't feel like the issue we are seeing is the defense making amazing plays, rather our QBs making some horrible throws. I mean you've seen some of them in our two games. A few bad throws have been me and poor choices, where there are times I have a wide open man an the QB throws the ball 10+ yards overthrown.

The biggest difference I have seen between last season and this season is the ability to throw of defenders like they are some middle-school third-stringer. So many shrugged off sacks and crazy YAC by the RBs every week.