PDA

View Full Version : Clan Wars

Raider
11-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Letting everyone know that if you want to join the Call of Duty Clan Wars, you must sign up through the Advance Warfare App. Currently their are 58 players listed in our Clan War app, yet only 18 people are signed up on the forum as active for the game itself here on the site (for xbox). With that being said, if you are wanting to be a part of the clan wars, please sign up using the Advance Warfare app (clan name is Team MP). We are deleting all people not active on the list on Friday evening so that we have a fresh clean list of actual participants before the Clan Wars start. You may always join later, but to start out everyone on the list must be active.

Thank you,
Raider

SouthtownSlayer
11-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Before the first official Clan War for Call of DutyŽ: Advanced Warfare begins, it’s time to see where you stack up in the competition!

In order to prepare for Clan Wars, we are running a 24-hour qualifying event this weekend on the 22nd and 23rd. The results of the qualifying event will determine which division each Clan will be placed in for the first full Clan War engagement.

Call of DutyŽ Clan Wars Qualifying Event

Qualification begins Saturday, November 22nd at 12PM PST / 9PM CET and lasts through Sunday, November 23rd at 12PM PST / 9PM CET. The qualifying event will track individual Clan member wins across the following Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, Uplink, Hardpoint, Search & Destroy, Search & Rescue, andCapture the Flag. Core, Hardcore, and Classic variants all apply.

Based on performance, Clans will be placed into either the Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum division. Note that the Active Roster is not in effect this weekend. All Clan members may participate in the qualifying event, regardless of roster status.

SmokeyCheese1
11-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I was partying like a Rockstar in Boston. No way I was playin any AW for this. Howd it go?

SmokeyCheese1
12-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Clan wars stArts tomorrow!

antagonizer
12-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Can't believe we are in platinum divi with just 18 people

SmokeyCheese1
12-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Was it my connection or did you quit right after I got on antagonizer?

antagonizer
12-04-2014, 01:20 PM
I took a break. Couldn't join your game and u didn't seem to be able to join mine. I figured a message or something would of let me know u were interested me and red backed out so we could party up with u. Then I lost red. Not sure if Xbox joining system was messed up. Wanted to play with u.

SmokeyCheese1
12-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Yeah. I tried lots to join on you. I even sent you a message asking to join your party. I don't know what's up. It also says I'm in a party when I'm not.

antagonizer
12-04-2014, 07:26 PM
I just noticed message now sorry I was sending u freak and raider invites but couldn't seem to get anyone to join. Trying to play now and it looks like I can't even find a lobby looking at a hard reset to see if that fixes it.

SouthtownSlayer
12-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Which game modes are we focusing on?

SmokeyCheese1
12-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Whatever we win the most at as a team I guess. I tend to score in the Top 2 every time I play HC TDM. So for me that makes sense. But Im pretty good at other HC team modes so long as the team communicates and we can all get on the same page.

SouthtownSlayer
12-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Whatever we win the most at as a team I guess. I tend to score in the Top 2 every time I play HC TDM. So for me that makes sense. But Im pretty good at other HC team modes so long as the team communicates and we can all get on the same page.

Red and I are currently working HC KC

SouthtownSlayer
12-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Update:
"rudykoch: We plan to resume the Xbox clan war at 9am pst/ 6pm cet today. Get ur clans ready #AdvancedWarfare #CallofDuty #AWClanWars
http://twitter.com/rudykoch/status/541263944250556416"

Update:
"rudykoch: We are keeping theXBL Clan War paused. We will re-evaluate at 8am PST / 5pm CET. Stay Tuned#AdvancedWarfare #CallofDuty #AWClanWars
http://twitter.com/rudykoch/status/541128527794290688"

"rudykoch: Xbox 360 / Xbox Onematches will not count while the XBL Clan War is paused. #AdvancedWarfare#CallofDuty #AWClanWars
http://twitter.com/rudykoch/status/541129342428782592"

johnnyh1976
12-06-2014, 12:04 PM
So much fun last night. Doesn't seem to be a lot of XBox love for Destiny(my love/hate with it continues....much better with a group)....so I will continue to make COD my go-to game for a while. Prestieged last night and looking forward to trying some different SMG's this time around.

I'll be on tonight for sure, hopefully the clan wars are up and running the way they should be. See y'all tonight....Hoser Landshark signing out....'eh!!

SouthtownSlayer
12-06-2014, 12:14 PM
1406 EST Update:
"rudykoch: The Xbox Clan Waris back on! Grab a drink and get ur clan online! #AdvancedWarfare #CallofDuty#AWClanWars
http://twitter.com/rudykoch/status/541307807526424576"

1303 EST Update:
"TreyBeachhead: 10am pst / 7pm cet update. While the Xbox live situation is improving it hasn't fully resolved. We will not resume the war before 11am/8pm
http://twitter.com/TreyBeachhead/status/541291762522669056"

1222 EST Update:
TreyBeachhead: We'll evaluatethe Xbox issues each hour to see if the war can resume. If it can't resume by2pm pst/11pm cet the Xbox war will be cancelled
http://twitter.com/TreyBeachhead/status/541281623711309824

1208 EST Update:

"rudykoch: Xbox 360 users arestill experiencing connectivity issues. We will not resume the XBL Clan Waruntil things are stable. stay tuned.
http://twitter.com/rudykoch/status/541278089108402180"

Toxic Avenger72
12-06-2014, 04:36 PM
w00t! Team MP is currently holding HC KC.

Harshfence
12-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Sweet! Keep it up!

johnnyh1976
12-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Had a blast last night...funny moment was when I joined up with Raider, Retro, The Freak, Antagonizer......joined in the game on the opposite team and was accused of and reported for boosting because of an 0-6 start.....end of game I had a much better score than the guy that accused me of boosting....had a good rip at him.

So other than that, really starting to like hardcore mode. Never really played it. Gonna try to get on tonight and will join up with the crew anytime around or after 9PM EST....Cheers mates!!

antagonizer
12-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Can we look at and post who is going wanting to be active each time for war. Wondering if we had a smaller number playing we would stand a better chance at keeping something. Not sure how that one clan managed to take all the nodes. Must be up all the time or really good players. I had a lot of fun playing this weekend, there will be times I can't play so I will be asking to be taken off of active roster for war. I wonder if that post numbers for different division sizes.
I am starting to like hctdm but I am getting sick of all the camping. That game style has to be so boring. If in my old age I could read the gamer tags better I would be calling these people out in the lobby.

SouthtownSlayer
12-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Can we look at and post who is going wanting to be active each time for war. Wondering if we had a smaller number playing we would stand a better chance at keeping something. Not sure how that one clan managed to take all the nodes. Must be up all the time or really good players. I had a lot of fun playing this weekend, there will be times I can't play so I will be asking to be taken off of active roster for war. I wonder if that post numbers for different division sizes.
I am starting to like hctdm but I am getting sick of all the camping. That game style has to be so boring. If in my old age I could read the gamer tags better I would be calling these people out in the lobby.

I've never been a fan of HC anything but after playing HC KC with you guys, I really enjoy it, seems like that and ground war are my game modes now!! Good times this weekend!

Not sure if it would work, but the "upcoming events" section that Gink added may help in showing who will be active for upcoming clan wars, it's easy to use and keeps from having to scroll up and down and figure out who is going to be there. Just an idea.

Retro
12-08-2014, 10:48 AM
If in my old age I could read the gamer tags better I would be calling these people out in the lobby.

Easy fix, get a bigger TV!

antagonizer
12-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Nice retro I already have a 50 in. Think that is big enough. I think between the coloring and font it's just hard to read. Even the app for clan wars is hard to read and I'm not able to make text larger to read.

But hey if I can get enough donations I would be willing to get a larger TV

SmokeyCheese1
12-09-2014, 09:37 AM
So the scoring system is confusing to me. I posted the question last night on the AW forums about how clans score wins. One user said each person playing gets a win. So if 6 clan members get a win, then that counts for 6 wins for the clan. But it did not seem that way when we played.

Hell I contributed 35 wins in HC TDM but NONE of them added up.

Thoughts??

SouthtownSlayer
12-09-2014, 10:25 AM
So the scoring system is confusing to me. I posted the question last night on the AW forums about how clans score wins. One user said each person playing gets a win. So if 6 clan members get a win, then that counts for 6 wins for the clan. But it did not seem that way when we played.

Hell I contributed 35 wins in HC TDM but NONE of them added up.

Thoughts??

If someone already holds that area your wins count towards the reduction of however many wins they have and your win total will be locked at what you had prior to the opposition "taking" the location.

for example...

CLAN X has captured a 20 point location (It will say DEF next to their name and show their clan picture, I think this stands for DEFEND)
Team MP has 10 points but can't advance their points until they and any other clans drop CLAN X to 0, at this time wins count towards the reduction of CLAN X's defense
Once CLAN X loses the location your wins; starting at were you left off at (10), will advance towards capturing it

hope this didn't confuse you to much....your #'s more than likely counted but that location was probably already captured so they counted towards reducing whatever the total was.

antagonizer
12-09-2014, 11:13 AM
The clan that took first either played all the time or had good players that could take any game style they played. Anytime we started to get them low they jumped to that mode and raised it back up. Next war they will more then likely be in a different bracket then us.

antagonizer
12-09-2014, 11:18 AM
I think we did well, the pausing of war for Xbox didn't help us at all, I also think we had a few who were inactive which didn't help us. I understand it, maybe we should try like a check in list so we get put into divisions with the same number of active people.

SmokeyCheese1
12-09-2014, 02:04 PM
If someone already holds that area your wins count towards the reduction of however many wins they have and your win total will be locked at what you had prior to the opposition "taking" the location.

for example...

CLAN X has captured a 20 point location (It will say DEF next to their name and show their clan picture, I think this stands for DEFEND)
Team MP has 10 points but can't advance their points until they and any other clans drop CLAN X to 0, at this time wins count towards the reduction of CLAN X's defense
Once CLAN X loses the location your wins; starting at were you left off at (10), will advance towards capturing it

hope this didn't confuse you to much....your #'s more than likely counted but that location was probably already captured so they counted towards reducing whatever the total was.

That all makes sense. And Id like to believe you. But I played HC TDM strictly for 3 hours totally up 22 wins. The defender had 22 win but their count never dropped.

I'll have to pay more attention next time. I could just not be seeing things.

SouthtownSlayer
12-09-2014, 02:32 PM
That all makes sense. And Id like to believe you. But I played HC TDM strictly for 3 hours totally up 22 wins. The defender had 22 win but their count never dropped.

I'll have to pay more attention next time. I could just not be seeing things.

The clan that won our division was; very very very did I mention....VERY active so it's possible they had members actively playing HC TDM keeping their DEF #'s from dropping or it could be the fact that the app is a piece crap and was having issues, other than that I have no idea, sorry!

SmokeyCheese1
12-09-2014, 02:59 PM
That's true. They could've been playing at the same time.

So do we get anything for holding objectives for a short time? Or do you have to have a cap at the conclusion of the war?

I think next time we should pick an objective - hammer it down - then leave 1 member there or whatever to fortify it while the others decide on which mode to attack next. I kicked major ass last night on TDM - calling in 2 Paladins in one match on Terrace and Solar. All other games were around 2.5kd.

Retro
12-09-2014, 03:00 PM
These clan wars would be so much better if were done like tournament ladder matches.

SmokeyCheese1
12-09-2014, 03:13 PM
I agree. This is more of a marathon type of clan war.

antagonizer
12-09-2014, 08:31 PM
When did u play smokey? I believe one night they had to pause the war because of the ddos attacks(Friday?) so nothing would have counted when paused.
This app isn't as good as the last one I would agree. Hard to read, long load times and not updating fast. It does show at the bottom when a clan gains or loses a point.

SmokeyCheese1
12-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Sunday afternoon. I know they paused it. I was on with you when they did that.

JennRal
12-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Yeah, hopefully the active roster will be more accurate this time around. It is a hard thing to nail down!

JennRal
12-16-2014, 07:42 AM
My two cents: Everyone who participated in the last clan war should be automatically put on the next clan war's active roster. If you did not participate, but plan on doing so, you can request to be added to the active roster. If you need to be taken off, you can request to do so, but will then have to request to be added back on.

Raider has the ultimate say, as he is the one who has to manage the list. I'm just trying to think which would be the least amount of work for him.

antagonizer
12-16-2014, 10:40 AM
I think they have another one planned for this weekend

johnnyh1976
12-18-2014, 10:02 PM
I found out that I have to cover our later/closing shift tomorrow night so I won't be joining for this week. Have my wife's Christmas party on Saturday and I'll be in no shape for COD when we get home.

Maybe next time.