First. :lol:

SouthtownSlayer
12-05-2014, 11:05 AM
First. :lol:

What is this Crota's End you speak of?? :couch2:

Danbo
12-05-2014, 11:17 AM

I dare you to put the destiny disc into your PS4.

REMEC87
12-05-2014, 02:10 PM

It's not Crota's rear end we're talking about, Southtown. It's the name of the new raid for the expansion, the dark below lol

SouthtownSlayer
12-05-2014, 03:56 PM
It's not Crota's rear end we're talking about, Southtown. It's the name of the new raid for the expansion, the dark below lol

LOL yeah I know foo! Was just; what do these youngins call it....trolling!

sam007
12-05-2014, 07:05 PM

Look in the mirror and turn around, you'll see "Crota's End" and the "Dark Below".

You burned yourself out playing PvP. :sad:

sam007
12-06-2014, 11:24 AM
If there is still interest in the group, we should not even attempt this until there is content out on Youtube to help us and when we're level 31.

Danbo
12-08-2014, 04:40 PM
The race begins on December 9th at 1AM Pacific Time. You will not need to complete the other Missions, Quests, Bounties, or Strikes first. The Raid will beckon at Zero Hour.

-Bungie.net

If I was lvl 30 I would be gathering a party for tomorrow morning 8AM Eastern.

REMEC87
12-10-2014, 08:38 AM
http://kotaku.com/some-tips-for-taking-on-destinys-new-raid-crotas-end-1669076302

First video I found that shows how to complete the first two parts (vaguely). Also has reddit links to more tips.

Anyone up for trying to get first part done?

RC-1136
12-10-2014, 10:30 AM
http://kotaku.com/some-tips-for-taking-on-destinys-new-raid-crotas-end-1669076302

First video I found that shows how to complete the first two parts (vaguely). Also has reddit links to more tips.

Anyone up for trying to get first part done?

Count me in. I'm a glutton for punishment.

REMEC87
12-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Count me in. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Just the first part lol

mechatool
12-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Planet Destiny: Crota's End Guide - Lamp & Bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWDCaROadUg&list=UUYPe4nOymFwkoG3GxIFc5YQ

RC-1136
12-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Planet Destiny: Crota's End Guide - Lamp & Bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWDCaROadUg&list=UUYPe4nOymFwkoG3GxIFc5YQ

Holy Crap. I have a headache from just watching this.

mechatool
12-11-2014, 10:42 AM
DESTINY CROTA RAID GUIDE! Destiny Crota's End Raid Walkthrough Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wba3ZjFY5-A

Danbo
12-11-2014, 11:20 AM
First chest is just inside...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUSBcDTYH1g

Spike Forehand
12-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Just the first part lol

That's what she said. Now it's two kids later.

Holy shit does this look tough.

Definitely need to get another secondary other than Icebreaker fully leveled for the first part, as I think I'll need some really good crowd control on those thralls. Gonna work on getting Murmur leveled up as quick as I can this weekend.

Danbo
12-12-2014, 08:40 AM
That's what she said. Now it's two kids later.

Holy shit does this look tough.

Definitely need to get another secondary other than Icebreaker fully leveled for the first part, as I think I'll need some really good crowd control on those thralls. Gonna work on getting Murmur leveled up as quick as I can this weekend.

Murmur is a beast out of the box. I love how versatile it is. The only downside is switching mid battle requires 5 seconds of downtime to switch damage mode. I think Murmur is the way to go on the masses of thralls.

Spike Forehand
12-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Murmur is a beast out of the box. I love how versatile it is. The only downside is switching mid battle requires 5 seconds of downtime to switch damage mode. I think Murmur is the way to go on the masses of thralls.

I don't know - I was playing around with it a little last night. Definitely one-shots most unshielded targets, but the long time between shots concerns me a little.

I'l also leveling up Hard Light - the raid autorifle I picked up. Hated it at first cause of it's low impact compared to VOC, but as I get it leveled a little more it seems better. It absolutely spits bullets and has a 40-round mag.

Interested to hear from the guys who ran it last night - what do you think is best for the mobs of thralls in the first part?

sureMOE
12-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Hey guys, we ran Crota's end last night and wow! Just wow! We got past the first part...just barely. The second part kicked our asses. I am not going to give any details as to spoil it for people. The only input I can give is get your characters up to 31 and upgrade those weapons for higher DPS, every enemy is level 31 on the second part. I am super excited to go through more parts of this, and may be doing some more tonight. I will say that in the second part, the map design is gorgeous! Anybody else get very far on it?

sureMOE
12-13-2014, 04:07 PM
We have spent a total of 8 hours on the raid and only gotten to Crota. Haven't defeated him. Again I am not going to spoil any details but I reiterate the fact that you really want to be minimum 30 and ideally 31. We had two 29s and when you get to the last couple levels all the enemies go from 31 to 32 so all 29s are shooting marshmallows at them. It is a crazy and insane raid and I will leave you with this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Dq2xRiR--Bg/VIyrH8ebLvI/AAAAAAAAE-o/L57sSsh634c/w700-h1245-no/IMG_3783.png

sureMOE
12-14-2014, 02:08 PM
How to beat Crota. Wish I had seen this before last night! The relic holder definitely needs to have the chalice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWyZjq9OcZE

Danbo
12-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Anyone wanting to run crota tonight?

sureMOE
12-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Anyone wanting to run crota tonight?

We are going to give ourselves one more hour to go after Crota tomorrow night. I think we need 3 more. You could join us, but i am not sure you want to skip ahead to the end battle. Let me know!

Danbo
12-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Bah I dont mind skipping. Reset is soonafter anyways. I'm a 30 Hunter. Let me know!

RC-1136
12-15-2014, 10:14 AM
I asked Bobby nJoi about the Totems and this is what he said:

"Hey there,

Basically the bridge is like this - holding the center activates the annihilation totems, so whenever the center is active the totems will be too and need to be stood on (stand on the center ring with the grated floor, nothing else will prevent their activation) and they seem to stay off within a range once theyre turned off but approaching hive will turn them red again so they need to be turned back to blue.

The caveat is that once you have 3 people across they will need to do both the center (we'll call it the 'bridge' since thats what it activates) and the totems. So, if the bridge is active on the far side, the totems will be also active on the far side. What probably happened is you tried to activate the totems on the near side while the bridge was active on the far (or visa versa). They correlate to the side of the bridge that is active. Make sense?

One other tidbit, when you're down to 3 guys on the near side, there are safe zones by the left totem - look out toward the middle from the left totem adn you'll see two huge cylindrical platforms you can jump on top of and shoot from safely! Although the trick to this is getting the swordbearer in the open - he will hide sometimes pretty effectively so just dance around and bait him into the open before jumping over!

I'll be making videos on all the fights this week :)"

The Totems activate when the Bridge is activated. So when 3 guys make it to the far side the guys on the near side have to stay off the center ring so the totems on that side don't activate. We made that mistake last night.

I watched a video from someone else and the last guy on the near side should have a Ghallahorn to take down the last Sword Bearer.

sureMOE
12-15-2014, 11:44 AM
RC, did you guys get past the bridge this week?

RC-1136
12-15-2014, 01:05 PM
RC, did you guys get past the bridge this week?

Not yet. We started late last night and were working out the mechanics of it. I think we got it down now.

Danbo
12-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Not yet. We started late last night and were working out the mechanics of it. I think we got it down now.

If there are plans to get something done tonight and there is still space on the fireteam, let me know!

mechatool
12-15-2014, 02:37 PM
HOW TO DEFEAT CROTA - CROTA'S END RAID. here is the video Moe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bogdLtmH3Q

REMEC87
12-16-2014, 10:12 AM
So can we go get that free chest at the beginning tonigt with the reset. It'd be nice to get a piece of raid gear to start my progression to 32...

RC-1136
12-16-2014, 10:16 AM
So can we go get that free chest at the beginning tonigt with the reset. It'd be nice to get a piece of raid gear to start my progression to 32...

Yep. I also watched a video and there are more doors up the left side of where you spawn in. It said that the chest is behind the 2nd door 75% of the time.

Madlob75
12-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Will that chest drop raid weapons and gear?

RC-1136
12-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Will that chest drop raid weapons and gear?

I don't know if it drops gear, but it will drop Radiant Materials and can drop Exotics.

Danbo
12-16-2014, 11:01 AM
I don't know if it drops gear, but it will drop Radiant Materials and can drop Exotics.

COunt me in :)

sureMOE
12-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey guys. We brought Crota down last night! It was awesome! It took us two hours and a couple very close calls during that time, but we finally got an amazing run. Really sorry we didn't get you in Danbo, it filled up too early. :( We will have to get you in next time. We found some great techniques to bring him down and once we got our teamwork down and stopped our unnecessary deaths, we destroyed him fairly quickly! I ended up getting the Hunger of Crota for my drop! Target seeking AND cluster bomb, hell yes! Here's a pic of the raiding crew:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BXV9ELOFWDQ/VJBleNL7V2I/AAAAAAAAFBs/PYkDssLLqhs/w1600-h900-no/IMG_2779.JPG

sureMOE
12-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Also, I will post this here to help with the first part:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ADVbhcZiHkE/VJBmRFreKnI/AAAAAAAAFCU/AVsqLdjumjM/w1258-h1400-no/Messages%2BImage%281319313387%29.png

Danbo
12-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Hey guys. We brought Crota down last night! It was awesome! It took us two hours and a couple very close calls during that time, but we finally got an amazing run. Really sorry we didn't get you in Danbo, it filled up too early. :( We will have to get you in next time. We found some great techniques to bring him down and once we got our teamwork down and stopped our unnecessary deaths, we destroyed him fairly quickly! I ended up getting the Hunger of Crota for my drop! Target seeking AND cluster bomb, hell yes! Here's a pic of the raiding crew:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BXV9ELOFWDQ/VJBleNL7V2I/AAAAAAAAFBs/PYkDssLLqhs/w1600-h900-no/IMG_2779.JPG

No Problem! Always a next time ;)

RC-1136
12-16-2014, 12:22 PM

Nice work guys.

Madlob75
12-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Also, I will post this here to help with the first part:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ADVbhcZiHkE/VJBmRFreKnI/AAAAAAAAFCU/AVsqLdjumjM/w1258-h1400-no/Messages%2BImage%281319313387%29.png

I saw this....with a comment about jumping from #2 to #11 from some rock.

Danbo
12-16-2014, 01:28 PM
I saw this....with a comment about jumping from #2 to #11 from some rock.
I read it on reddit as well. Would like to see it done :) Although it will undoubtedly be patched eventually...!?

Danbo
12-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Just got my Icebreaker from the free chest!! and 2 radiant shards!

RC-1136
12-17-2014, 07:59 AM
We got to the Crota fight last night. We flew through the first stage. Only wiped once on the Bridge because I was an idiot and left my Totem trying to hit the Sword Barer with a rocket. It took us a while to beat the Deathsinger, but once we figured out the mechanic we took her down pretty easy. We quit at midnight because it was a school night. The Crota fight doesn't seem too hard once you get the timing down with bringing down Crota's shield and hitting him with the sword.

We haven't beaten this raid yet, but I am kind of disappointed in it. The VoG was a lot better IMO and a lot more challenging. There were more rolls for people to play and learn. I hate the Gorgon's Lair and the platforming needed to get to the vault, but it gave more the raid more variety. This raid feels like a glorified strike to me.

Danbo
12-17-2014, 08:38 AM
When is the next full run? I was on at 8:30 last night expecting to run this last night :/

RC-1136
12-17-2014, 09:01 AM
When is the next full run? I was on at 8:30 last night expecting to run this last night :/

Danbo, We were running it with our core group last night to try and figure out the mechanics of the raid and beat it for the first time. Once we get it down we'll be able to run it with all MP's. In the last stage during the Deathsinger fight the mobs are level 32's with a lot of Yellow Knights. If you're not a level 31 with fully upgraded weapons you're going to have a lot of trouble. I have an Icebreaker that is leveled up to 331 and I was having trouble taking down the Knights with headshots. There were a couple times where Beans had to calm me down because I was losing it. That part was hard as hell.

Danbo
12-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Danbo, We were running it with our core group last night...

Well Lrd knows I wouldn't wanna mess with the core group. :) Should have said so earlier: I would have saved myself the price of the game + the expansion.

RC-1136
12-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Well Lrd knows I wouldn't wanna mess with the core group. :) Should have said so earlier: I would have saved myself the price of the game + the expansion.

Danbo, That's not fair. We never said we needed people to run the raid last night. The six of us msged on the PSN privately that we were going to run the raid last night. We never advertised it here.

Once we figure out the raid we'll run it with everyone. We will also be running the VoG on hard. Everyone is at least 30 now so it will be a lot easier.

Danbo
12-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Look, I don't want to be the cause of drama. I hate being in the middle of this quite frankly. As of today Destiny is behind me. But the reason I'm pushing this forward is I don't want any new people coming to join team MP to ever have to deal with stuff like this. If I had just joined for Destiny, I would be long gone by now. So before you say "that's not fair" to me: Ask yourself what's fair to everyone, not just the "core group" (a group I didn't know existed before this morning).

That's all I got to say on this subject and I won't make any further comments or try to get in y'alls business.

RC-1136
12-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Look, I don't want to be the cause of drama. I hate being in the middle of this quite frankly. As of today Destiny is behind me. But the reason I'm pushing this forward is I don't want any new people coming to join team MP to ever have to deal with stuff like this. If I had just joined for Destiny, I would be long gone by now. So before you say "that's not fair" to me: Ask yourself what's fair to everyone, not just the "core group" (a group I didn't know existed before this morning).

That's all I got to say on this subject and I won't make any further comments or try to get in y'alls business.

I guess "Core" might not be the right word. This raid is brand new. Only 6 of us have beat it so far and no one form the "core". I have a group of six that I want to beat it with first. What is wrong with that? They are all MP's. We struggled through the VoG together. I want to beat it with them first. 4 of the 6 I've been gaming with since BFBC2. The other I've been gaming with since BF3.

I also know that we've helped many MP's run different things to help them level up their characters and collect gear. Beans and Madlob were running the Vanguard Strike list with Ullrsdog two nights ago. I can't tell you how many time I've run nightfall strikes with people for them to finish it just because I have the correct weapon damage buff.

I don't see why it is wrong for us to want to finish the raid first together.

mechatool
12-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Nice run on Crota! We almost took him down on the first run (he had just a sliver of health left). We finished it within 40mins.

SureMoe: Some of the guys had a question. How many rockets to take Crota down to a Knee?

sureMOE
12-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Nice run on Crota! We almost took him down on the first run (he had just a sliver of health left). We finished it within 40mins.

SureMoe: Some of the guys had a question. How many rockets to take Crota down to a Knee?

With guys at 31 and having one maxed Ghorn and one near maxed Ghorn (both old versions) it consistently took 3 rockets to make him kneel. We tried to cut it down to two rockets last night and use weapons of light, but even with extra bullets and an extra Truth rocket, 2 just wasn't enough. We will test again when we get a new maxed higher DPS Ghorn. A couple things we did with rockets that helped us out:

One person call out who's going to shoot what. Most of the time I called I would shoot 1 rocket and Kamikazi would shoot 2, then the next volley (you get two back to back shield takedowns for every carry of the sword if timed right) I would call out that I had 2 rockets and Kamikazi had 1. At times I would call out that I had no rockets so I would ask SuperFly or our other buddy Funk_One to take over one of the rocket spots and since we were missing one Ghorn, they would always fire 2 and Kamikazi would fire 2. (I am pretty sure Mecha and Superfly would shoot snipers from the upper left doorway to help, Mecha can confirm)
If you are playing the pit in front of the door where you enter Crota's area, you have to make sure you stay back away from the stairs and stay by the door. Thralls will jump up and intercept your lock-on and suicide on your rocket and before you can even recover from that your swordbearer is too close to Crota to survive. We wiped half a dozen times, at least, because of those stupid thralls
Do NOT wear ANY gear with heavy ammo perk that allows you to carry more. I just found out from reddit yesterday that this perk on armor is why you are losing your ammo when you die. If you wear gear that gets you to 31 without this perk, you will keep your rockets on death. This little fact saved me tons of ammo last night

Let me know if there is any other parts you guys want to know about. If we had combined last night with Tuesday night we would have had Crota done in 2 hours. This definitely seems easier than VoG.

Last thing...your swordbearer should be Hunter at all times, if you are not sure why, I can elaborate if you like.

mechatool
12-18-2014, 01:04 PM
For the most part, I was hitting Crota with Icebreaker unless the Knights were causing problems.

BusySignal
12-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Last thing...your swordbearer should be Hunter at all times, if you are not sure why, I can elaborate if you like.

Please do.

Spike Forehand
12-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Datto's guides seem pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ovBOq5ZZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpR2jcjaQco

sureMOE
12-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Please do.

Before we started with Crota we came across this trick on YouTube that showed that when the Swordbearer is a Hunter you can use a technique to protect yourself from Crota after you have done the first round of attack with the sword that prevents him from aggroing on you and gets you in a good place for the second attack with the sword before it disappears.

What you do is you have Bladedancer equipped and you use the melee causes invisibility. The moment you get done with the first attack on Crota with the sword you drop the relic and melee Crota then pick the relic back up...this causes you to go invisible and allows you to move towards the left side of his platform without him attacking you. Then you duck in the spot on the left side that allows you protection and go invisible again and get ready to move back. After shields are taken down a second time, attack him again and then jump off the front of his platform and head for the pit to repeat the sequence. The melee trick is a life saver but not perfect, every once in a while Crota will see the invisible Hunter and crush him, but it works at least 80% of the time.

sureMOE
12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
This was my reward for us killing him last night:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vpO6MWXf4aw/VJMqrJ_nubI/AAAAAAAAFDw/CnEuF4AHjFI/w1000-h1082-no/Screen%2BShot%2B2014-12-18%2Bat%2B11.24.33%2BAM.png

Ullrsdog
12-18-2014, 02:47 PM

I'll elaborate for you...it's because Hunters are BADASS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Beano
12-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Way to be on battlefield last night dog. You guys seen the reviews for this expansion? I sure hope we all come together again for Hardline.

Ullrsdog
12-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Way to be on battlefield last night dog. You guys seen the reviews for this expansion? I sure hope we all come together again for Hardline.

Well next time let me know Beeano...I played destiny Monday and Tuesday nothing last night (played cards) and hope to get online tonight, that is if the holiday concert (Daughters band Performance) doesn't go too long.

BusySignal
12-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Was Crota conquered last night?

RC-1136
12-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Was Crota conquered last night?

Yes he was. It took us a while, but once we got the timing it was pretty easy. I have to say beating him was kind of anti-climatic. When we beat Atheon for the first time I was ecstatic. It felt great. When we beat Crota it felt like we just finished a chore that we are just going to have to do again once a week. Like mowing the lawn. All in all I'm a little disappointed in this raid.

BusySignal
12-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Yes he was. It took us a while, but once we got the timing it was pretty easy. I have to say beating him was kind of anti-climatic. When we beat Atheon for the first time I was ecstatic. It felt great. When we beat Crota it felt like we just finished a chore that we are just going to have to do again once a week. Like mowing the lawn. All in all I'm a little disappointed in this raid.

Any decent loot?

REMEC87
12-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Any decent loot?

I got a poop coloured shader (maybe Crota used it on his actual END) and an LMG that I have yet to thoroughly test. I was hoping for some radiant material to upgrade the one piece of raid armor I have rec'd to date.

I agree with RC that the VoG is a superior raid...I was getting that chore kinda feeling too.

Ullrsdog
12-23-2014, 03:40 PM
I got a poop coloured shader (maybe Crota used it on his actual END) and an LMG that I have yet to thoroughly test. I was hoping for some radiant material to upgrade the one piece of raid armor I have rec'd to date.

I agree with RC that the VoG is a superior raid...I was getting that chore kinda feeling too.

Awesome!!! I want a crap brown shader! is it called Crota's Brown Trout?

Danbo
12-23-2014, 04:05 PM
My hiatus may be coming to an end. Wanna thank my significant other for hiding my copy of Destiny so I didn't sell it :P

Madlob75
12-24-2014, 09:43 AM
Good run last night guys. Now we just need to do it a billion more times to get the materials to level up.

sam007
12-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Good run last night guys. Now we just need to do it a billion more times to get the materials to level up.

2 completions. (check) :lol:

Hey, just because you got another full set of raid gear again, don't hate needing all that Radient material now. :lol:

CE is a short raid compared to VoG, the only way to get everyone through it, we're gonna have to run it twice in one night and the first session needs to get done in 1 hour so the 2nd run does not start too late.

That also means not falling asleep like someone here. :lol:

Spike Forehand
12-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks for taking me through my first Crota run last night.

Overall, I think the bridge part is the most interesting as it requires that everyone work together to accomplish a task. Almost like a corporate team-building event. (Interesting question: Which MP would you trust to catch you if you fell backward off a platform?)

The other parts are a little bit cluster-fucky (new verb - might trademark that one). I hate when we're all bunched up and trying to shoot over and around each other.

As others have said, I think VoG feels more epic.

Looking forward to finishing off Crota tonight.

Spike Forehand
12-29-2014, 05:54 PM
If you guys decide to take another run at Crota tonight let me know.

One theory that Madlob had was that we need to kill the ogres faster as it takes too long for them to get all the way down to the center.

I'm taking from that that Crota is on some kind of a timer until he gets enraged rather than some game event counter. Anyone know if that's true?

Any reason we can't just stay on the stairs to take the ogres out faster? Worth a try?

Madlob75
12-29-2014, 06:28 PM
If you guys decide to take another run at Crota tonight let me know.

One theory that Madlob had was that we need to kill the ogres faster as it takes too long for them to get all the way down to the center.

I'm taking from that that Crota is on some kind of a timer until he gets enraged rather than some game event counter. Anyone know if that's true?

Any reason we can't just stay on the stairs to take the ogres out faster? Worth a try?

That was Remec, but I agree.

Danbo
12-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Is there a schedule for this week? I would like to get my first run in. I leveled up to 31 as you guys requested...

Spike Forehand
12-30-2014, 11:54 AM
These guys took down ogres from the top of the right stairs. Looks like you need to watch for boomers though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA2sirwlzj8

Spike Forehand
12-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Is there a schedule for this week? I would like to get my first run in. I leveled up to 31 as you guys requested...

PSN messaging seems to be the best way to get it set up. Seems like the timing always centers around 9:30. Best bet to organize is to just send a message to all the MP's asking who wants in. If you send a message I'd be happy to join you Danbo. Still learning it, but always willing to try with whoever.

Ullrsdog
12-30-2014, 02:43 PM

I might run a bit tonight...but I'll be doing the daily / weekly / nightfall as I don't have Crota DLC. then again I may just wait until tomorrow morning when I have the day off, IF I don't get a nasty honey do list tonight.

Danbo
12-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Bad news Ullrs....the weekly and nightfall are DLC content :/

Spike Forehand
12-31-2014, 11:25 AM
I think I'm now ready to say that Bungie seriously fucked up the DLC.

If they really want to keep us involved for "10 years", then we need to show steady progress. I got as far as i could with the standard gear - 31 1/3 - and I have no hope of leveling further without running countless Crota's End raids - which are not that fun and we don't have enough guys in MP to even be able to run it. I can't imagine running it with randoms.

So what am I doing? Running countless bounties for Eris all to get a gun?

Meh - I think I'll just wait until the next DLC when I can again take a leap ahead by getting the new weapons/armor and hoping that the new Raid is better than this one. Probably pop in weekly to collect the first raid chest to see if I get lucky and get any raid gear that way.

johnnyh1976
12-31-2014, 05:03 PM

If they really want to keep us involved for "10 years", then we need to show steady progress. I got as far as i could with the standard gear - 31 1/3 - and I have no hope of leveling further without running countless Crota's End raids - which are not that fun and we don't have enough guys in MP to even be able to run it. I can't imagine running it with randoms.

Meh - I think I'll just wait until the next DLC when I can again take a leap ahead by getting the new weapons/armor and hoping that the new Raid is better than this one. Probably pop in weekly to collect the first raid chest to see if I get lucky and get any raid gear that way.

For me, there were not a lot of MP's on the Xbox side playing this. My friends and I burnt out quickly on this one....visually amazing and gameplay was addictive but it was tiring.

I totally see what you mean though Spike, a lot of players are already at the new level cap and the DLC has only been out for 3 weeks....10 years will span several game releases...if the future DLC does not contain a decent amount of content, players are gonna be pissed and at that point, the fecal matter is going to hit the air conditioning.

Madlob75
01-02-2015, 06:55 AM
Getting two swords at the same time.

http://youtu.be/-qaMSOenhjA

sureMOE
01-02-2015, 04:31 PM

I haven't been on in a while so I have just seen this. I could see if we have room on Tuesday at 8pm PST. Let me check and get back to you. Also, we are doing VoG tomorrow night and I am not sure we are full up yet. It's just going to be a regular run for my son to experience it, but the more the merrier!

Madlob75
01-07-2015, 08:36 AM
I got some good video of me trying to use the sword last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cm83yYtDns

I love my titan, but last night was the first time I felt let down by the class. I'll go back in and practice the jumps, or really cancelling the jumps.

Beano
01-07-2015, 01:26 PM

Top 10 worst rated games for all of PS4.

Danbo
01-07-2015, 02:35 PM
I haven't been on in a while so I have just seen this. I could see if we have room on Tuesday at 8pm PST. Let me check and get back to you. Also, we are doing VoG tomorrow night and I am not sure we are full up yet. It's just going to be a regular run for my son to experience it, but the more the merrier!

Thanks for the games last night. Really enjoyed running the Raid with you guys, even though I was no better than a zombie at 6.30 am this morning! :P Got some Raid Arm gear. Really glad.

Spike Forehand
01-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Top 10 worst rated games for all of PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Spike Forehand
01-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Interesting Crota's End run last night for me with Dante, Hatchiroku, (friends of focusman I think) and 3 other guys I didn't know. They had a save right at the end point. We spent about an hour and a half trying to climb the rocks at the back of the map - just to the left of the center Crota platform, and then climbing around to the room above the crystal room. Per the guy who was the leader, we could activate the crystal from up there and be able to easily DPS Crota from there and not have to worry about anything else.

Getting everyone up there was the hardest set of jumps ever - basically, I had to turn my controller over to the other guy to do it via shareplay as I was never gonna make that jump.

Once everyone was up there we discovered that no - you can't activate the crystal from the room above so we all had to jump down and run it normal, which took like three tries and half hour - lol.

Learned a lot and had fun though anyway.

Now I gotta find a time to get 5 coins tonight so that I can buy the upgraded icebreaker before Xur goes away. Pressure.

RC-1136
01-19-2015, 02:12 PM
http://youtu.be/VWAwRXFceOM

Good tips for running the Sword.

BusySignal
01-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Prelim from Reddit on Crota HM.
Changes to the fight:
No revives at all.
All enemies are 33.
The Abyss Ogres and Cursed Thralls are Majors (Yellow bar).
The Bridge has the same enemy modifications as the Abyss. Thralls appear not to be flinching from damage (can somebody confirm the no flinching?).
Ir Yut is the same enemy mods as Abyss. On Invigorate's run, the Wizard either regenned some health or there was a glitch on her health. Can somebody confirm?
Crota has the biggest changes by far, biggest is no chalice.
To take Crota, you have to kill Swordbearer and then a Gatekeeper knight that is spawning from the middle room.
There is a Major Wizard spawning to the left of Crota that bodyguards him.
Boomer Knights and all Knights in Crota are Majors.
PRIMARY WEAPONS DROPPING FROM ALL MAJOR PHASES

EDIT: Looks like Gatekeeper does not need to be down to take Crota. Sounds like Triplewreck (first group to finish I hear) took left strat and ignored Gatekeepers.
EDIT 2: The shader is Neon Blue.

Danbo
01-21-2015, 02:53 PM
That's brutal! :P

Anyone doing it on normal tonight?

Prelim from Reddit on Crota HM.
Changes to the fight:
No revives at all.
All enemies are 33.
The Abyss Ogres and Cursed Thralls are Majors (Yellow bar).
The Bridge has the same enemy modifications as the Abyss. Thralls appear not to be flinching from damage (can somebody confirm the no flinching?).
Ir Yut is the same enemy mods as Abyss. On Invigorate's run, the Wizard either regenned some health or there was a glitch on her health. Can somebody confirm?
Crota has the biggest changes by far, biggest is no chalice.
To take Crota, you have to kill Swordbearer and then a Gatekeeper knight that is spawning from the middle room.
There is a Major Wizard spawning to the left of Crota that bodyguards him.
Boomer Knights and all Knights in Crota are Majors.
PRIMARY WEAPONS DROPPING FROM ALL MAJOR PHASES

EDIT: Looks like Gatekeeper does not need to be down to take Crota. Sounds like Triplewreck (first group to finish I hear) took left strat and ignored Gatekeepers.
EDIT 2: The shader is Neon Blue.

BusySignal
01-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Not sure what if anything I'm doing tonight as I have a business dinner and not sure what time I'll be home.

Danbo
01-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Not sure what if anything I'm doing tonight as I have a business dinner and not sure what time I'll be home.

No problem! I quite literally konked out around 8.30PM anyways :P

Spike Forehand
01-22-2015, 05:37 PM
I have basically zero interest in attempting this on hard until I and everyone else on the Raid are Level 32.

Will run on normal tonight though if anyone's down for that.

RC-1136
01-23-2015, 09:29 AM
http://youtu.be/X3a09DT0z3c

The best vid I've found so far on tips for the raid on hard.

Danbo
01-23-2015, 09:37 AM
I have basically zero interest in attempting this on hard until I and everyone else on the Raid are Level 32.

Will run on normal tonight though if anyone's down for that.

Did you get this done last night? I was wanting to run it on normal mode last night, but since the group was running it to get hard mode done, I didnt think I'd find anyone to do normal mode...