PDA

View Full Version : Season 2: Week 2

TrojanTeacher
12-16-2014, 01:12 PM
http://sas.suplitodomedia.com/articles_images/GamblersPalace/TBY-BUCCANEERS-vs.-JAX-JAGUARS.jpg

TAMPA BAY vs JAGUARS

This is probably one of the hardest fought games that I've played in a while. The QB from Tampa Bay, M. Glennon, was surgical with his passes to Vincent Jackson. Nothing crazy, just that the CPU was reading the defense well and then either choosing to throw OVER or UNDER the defense with great precision. He would take small chunks at a time and every once in a while go for screen plays which would/would not pay off. Choosing my defensive scheme was so hard. After the game my jaw was literally hurting because I was clenching my mouth almost to the point of grinding teeth. LOL!!! But, like the last game, my defense would step up and stop the drive once they crossed the 50 yard line.

I finally was able to get a FG in the 2nd quarter near the end of the half. Start of the third, they get an INT near THEIR redzone and kick another FG in. After that, again, it was a battle in the trenches and the punters were on full alert. In the fourth quarter I was able to get them stopped via two consecutive sacks and I get the ball back at the 15 yard line. I pass it for 10 yards and BAM, INT!!! SHIT!! So my defense held again, but their FG was good and I was down 6-3 with 1:25 seconds on the clock.

The kick sends me back inside the endzone, I take it out with my rookie that I picked in the 7th round and he breaks a 51 yard return! :clap2:
So I'm near the 50 yard line. I continue to move the ball, no time outs. I'm within range for the FG to tie it up and then I choose my play, but the screen glitches and what I thought would be a run became a passing situation. I try to avoid a sack but am brought down 12 yards behind the Line of Scrimmage. DAMN IT!! 43 seconds left ticking off the clock, 3rd down and VERY long, I notice they are in a COVER 0 formation (no safeties), I audible for my TE Mercedes Lewis to just go for a bomb in case they blitz me. YUP, they did, I have to hold until Lewis has a step on the LB and throw the ball. It's a perfect pitch and catch and Lewis scores with a 50 yard pass. The PAT is good, 10-6, Jaguar lead. I was able to hold off the 35 second on-slaught from the Bucs, game over.

Like I said, I was stressing that game. Way too close. Mistakes were almost the downfall of that game. I just can't understand how Bortles is doing so bad with passing against players that are so outmatched at times. I threw a bomb to Cecil Shorts III who had a +17 speed advantage. He was wide open, I throw the ball on pace, but yet the CB catches up magically and then picks it out of the air. I've been picked for INTS like that all season. I need to keep building his long pass trait some more I guess.

Lucky to have won.

FINAL SCORES
Jauguars 10
Bucs 6

B. Bortles 6/20 103 yards 1 TD 2 INTs (DAMN!!)
M. Glennon 17/27 112 yards 0 TD 0 INT

C.J. Spiller 15 Attempts 72 yards 0 TD 16 LONG
D. Martin 15 Attempts 22 yards 0 TD 5 LONG

HardlyCapable13
12-16-2014, 01:22 PM
I just can't understand how Bortles is doing so bad with passing against players that are so outmatched at times.

Confidence... :behindsofa:

Retro
12-16-2014, 01:31 PM
I have to take on the Lions this week, with my Rams coming off a loss at home to the 49ers. Super Bowl champs may be 0-2 real fast.

TrojanTeacher
12-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Bortles Confidence was at 85, shouldn't have been a problem.

donhardeone
12-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Bortles Confidence was at 85, shouldn't have been a problem.

How the heck do you throw 4 picks last week and still have a confidence of 85?!

HardlyCapable13
12-16-2014, 02:32 PM
How the heck do you throw 4 picks last week and still have a confidence of 85?!

Exactly. If I did that, I'd get -1500 confidence.

Retro
12-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Game started bad, opening kick-off is fumbled, but recovered. After trading a couple three and outs and a couple turn-overs by the Rams, Detroit opens the scoring the second quarter with 45 yard field-goal. Finally get the offence to settle down and drive down for a TD with 2:31 left in the first half, 7-3 Rams.

Quickly hold the Lions to 3rd and 9, seeing them come out in a 4 WR set I opt to blitz the SS and left side CB ....70 yard TD - Megatron. Lions now lead 10 -7 with 1:51 left in the half. Quickly drive into FG range and kick a 51 yarder, score tied 10-10 at the half.

Detroit opens with the ball and obviously confident after the Megatron TD, they proceed to shred my defence while also using up most of the 3rd quarter. Drive ends with an 8 yard run from Bush with 2:48 left in the quarter, Lions now up 17-10.

My own drive begins by shredding the Lions defence. Then just as quickly it dies at mid-field. Get a great punt that pins the Lions on their 4 yard line. They quickly get a first down, but on the next set of downs I sack Stafford twice to force 3rd & 14. Finally I get a break, sacking him again, this time he coughs up the ball, first down on the Lions 10. Two plays later, a 4 yard TD pass to tie the game 17-17 with 44 seconds left in the 3rd.

Defence dominates the 4th before I finally get a solid drive together and can chew up some time. On 3rd & 9 I have Torre Smith wide open on the Lions 3 yard line, pass sails over his head, 4th down with 2:35 left in the game. I kick the field-goal to go up 20-17.

Quickly force 3rd down, the Lions are in no-huddle with only a minute on the clock. Stafford launches a bomb to "you know who" so it's predictably a TD .....but NO! Intercepted by Janoris Jenkins as he leaps over Megatron!

Final: Rams 20 - Lions 17

TheFreak75
12-16-2014, 02:51 PM
I hate Madden!!!!!

TrojanTeacher
12-16-2014, 04:47 PM
If Megatron didn't come up with the ball, then it wasn't Megatron...or Retro moved Megatrons sliders for this game only. :boink: Haha. I keeeeed, I keeeeeeeeeeed.

HardlyCapable13
12-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Falcons 7
Titans 12

Meh game overall. Stupid game denied me an obvious safety (vid on my X1 timeline). Ended up getting a safety towards end of game though.

Flynn 14 of 22 for 107 1TD 1INT
Sankey 26 runs for 102

Sacked Ryan 4 times giving the Titans 15 sacks in 2 games.

donhardeone
12-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Scooby wins by a field goal in the last minute of the game. Close, well-fought game. Game came down to a few bad decisions on my part, and Scooby was able to adjust his routes pretty consistently to beat my sub-par corners. Aldon Smith got another pick, but was run down by a lineman...how does someone outrun Torrey Smith one week and get run down by an oversized lineman the next?!?!