PDA

View Full Version : Season 2: week 13

HardlyCapable13
01-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Have I ever told you how much I hate the confidence system? My QB gets a win, rating of 126.3, 167 yards, 3 TDs and no interceptions. Gets +1 confidence for throwing 3 TDs, but -3 confidence because "I had a horrible game". Yeah, that's such a horrible game. You should go and throw no where near receivers next game. So annoying.

I also noticed the new QB I brought in last year from free agency got a -50 confidence for not knowing the playbook. Well, wouldn't you think the confidence would go up over time as he learns it? Nope. Not in Madden.

TrojanTeacher
01-08-2015, 04:46 PM
HC, I don't think you got +1 AND -3 in the same game.

Usually, it list the last three events that happened to his confidence or XP.

So...

+1 I had a 3 TD
-3 I had a bad game

Could mean that the "+1" was for the last game and the "-3" was for the previous game. Did you win or lose the last game?

HardlyCapable13
01-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Nope. Was for same game. You can look at the fluctuations by week.

HardlyCapable13
01-11-2015, 06:55 PM
To reiterate this point, Wolfe (my QB) has won 4 straight, throwing over 100 yards in each, at least 1 TD in each, and no picks. Clinched a wildcard spot and beat a 13-0 team. Yet each week he has received -3 confidence for "having a terrible game".

I really hope they ditch the confidence failure next release.

donhardeone
01-11-2015, 07:14 PM
I think the "terrible game" is tied strictly to completion percentage. One game earlier this season in Team MP2, Kaepernick was NFC offensive player of the week with 300+ yards passing and 3 TDs and no picks...he still "had a terrible game" and lost confidence. Those are impressive numbers in game or real life. One game I had over 400 yards passing and 4TDs, but threw 3 interceptions. No confidence boosts for having a great game or being solid in the redzone (all of my TD passes but one were from outside the redzone), and I had -4 for two interceptions and -10 for three interceptions (I think those confidence numbers are right). If we wouldn't have won the game I would have lost 15+ points in confidence for havign a pretty awesome game considering how poor of a passer I am.

In several ways the confidence system works well I think. For the ways it fails though, it fails hard (quarterbacks having terrible games, receivers not contributing enough, defenders not getting enough tackles). The only way every offensive player in my squad would get positive confidence is if we were playing on the rookie setting. That of course would kill my defensive players confidence levels. I will say though, the confidence system definitely adds a new wrinkle to gameplay which cannot be ignored.

I am happy for the system today though, as I am certain Smokey would have kicked my tail tonight if Wilson's confidence wasn't shot to hell. Since it was, even the simplest of screen passes sailed 10 yards over their target.

HardlyCapable13
01-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Since it was, even the simplest of screen passes sailed 10 yards over their target.

Which, again, doesn't reflect realism at all. Just because an NFL caliber QB has a bad game one week, doesn't mean he forgets how to play the game the next week.

TrojanTeacher
01-11-2015, 08:14 PM
My team was pissed, HC, Borthles threw for over 300+ yards and our running game had 120+ yards. I don't think they liked losing and they took it out on the Jets.