PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands on X1 and PS4

HardlyCapable13
01-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Those holding onto hope that the Borderlands games will be brought up to the current gen are in luck. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection was announced for the X1 and PS4, combining BL2 and The Pre-sequel with all DLC for both into one game for 50 / $60 USD. March 24 for North America, March 27 internationally. I guess they didn't think BL1 was worth up-porting.

Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel are coming to Xbox One and PS4 in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.

The pack, which covers Handsome Jack's story line, includes both games listed above and all of their DLC for 50 / $60 USD. Yes, that includes all the extra character customization packs, in addition to the larger campaign add-ons

DLC is still on the way for The Pre-Sequel, so The Handsome Collection includes a season pass. As new DLC rolls out, you'll have access to it.

Additionally, a special "Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition" for The Handsome Collection is on the way. It costs 270 / $400 and comes with a remote-controlled Claptrap. It looks and sounds like Claptrap, and it rolls around on one wheel. Check it out in the gallery below.

Claptrap is controlled using a free app for Android and iOS phones and tablets. It includes a camera in its eye, so you can see where its headed. The special edition also includes 12 Vault Hunter lithographs.

Only 5,000 Claptrap-in-a-Box editions will be sold worldwide.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection comes to North American on March 24, and will be available internationally on March 27.

source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/20/new-bundle-brings-borderlands-2-and-pre-sequel-to-next-gen?abthid=54be5c6222b9677476000007

Gink
01-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Hmmmm, if you can move your characters over like going from PS3 -> PS4 Diablo III this will be awesome. Otherwise I'm not sure I want to go through the story/missions/etc all over again. Loved the characters in Presequel, but the comedy lacked vs. the others, and just the idea of doing all the fetch missions across all the mostly empty maps again has kept me from even a second playthrough.

HardlyCapable13
01-20-2015, 09:24 PM
I hear you Gink. I'm not a fan of the series at all, but one of my friends loves it so I'll probably pick it up to shoot bandits with him.

Gink
03-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Character transfer is a bit tedious, but better than not having it. The wife wanted to start 2 all over from the beginning, but I still transferred some prime loot over, and all our badass ranks. There's really no new content, it's just the same old Borderlands on our new systems.

SouthtownSlayer
03-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Character transfer is a bit tedious, but better than not having it. The wife wanted to start 2 all over from the beginning, but I still transferred some prime loot over, and all our badass ranks. There's really no new content, it's just the same old Borderlands on our new systems.

Didn't realize you could do a character transfer, knowing this now I may actually pick this up and finally finish the Tiny Tina dungeon!