PDA

View Full Version : BFH PATCH #1 - Patch Notes 3/31/2015

donhardeone
04-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Below is taken from the Battlelog forums for those who may not frequent that site...

2015-03-31 21:37
Hi everyone,

Here's a list of many of the changes and fixes we'll have coming in the near future.

As usual, I don't have an exact date for you - that will be forthcoming once we pass Cert and all that other good stuff. Note that there are some issues fixed that are not covered by these notes.

BUG FIXES:
- Fixed a server crash in Rescue
- Increased the character limit in the MapList to support up to 150 maps in a rotation
- You can now set the time limit to 0 and it disables the time limit instead of instantly ending the round in Blood Money
- Various fixes for server crashes with rental servers (multiple issues addressed)
- Fix for the timer in Conquest freezing when the user set the time limit higher than 800
- Fix for MP squad join issue where after the squad leader gets disconnected, a new leader cannot kick members or disband
- Fix for the patch awarded in released game for reaching Rank 10 in the Beta
- Fix for Derailed Levolution where players were teleported to origin of Point B and killed in some circumstances
- Fix for crash if the UI is disabled in the .cfg file
- Fix for Bloodmoney exploit in HH where players could access the money pile through the floor/roof
- Fix on XB1 for players using invite/join on friend after Quickmatching
- Fix for the Uzi's weapon license cost, setting it to the correct value of $50,000
- Fix for X360 players being unable to invite friends while playing Rescue
- Fix for a rare crash in the Customize screen
- All platforms, miscellaneous low frequency crash fixes

GAMEPLAY CHANGES:
- Conquest tickets increased (CQL 999, CQS 600)
- Greatly decreased nearby bullet impact flinch; your aimpoint will not shift from rounds striking the environment near you
- Fixed some issues with FLIR/IRNV
- RPG reduced to 1 ammo from back of cars, with smaller explosion radius overall thus requiring more skill to use effectively
- TDM friendzones have been adjusted for better spawning
- Rescue / Crosshair exploit where players could skip the round start time by hitting START or ESC has been fixed
- Couch health reduced and repair rate decreased to a miniscule amount, making the Couch the one-off it was intended
- Player should no longer Quickmatch into servers with unsupported numbers of players
- K10: Reduce max damage to 33 and min damage to 8
- Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs
- HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58
- .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective
- FMG-9: increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective
- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board
- AKM min damage reduced to 24

If your favorite fix isn't listed here, don't despair - we're working hard every day to improve the experience, and we're always listening to feedback. Keep sharing your thoughts and point of view, and continue to engage in constructive dialog with us and each other.

Thanks for playing, and see you on the Battlefield!

Kind regards,
Thad aka @dirtydeathdog
DDD Lead MP Designer / Visceral / Battlefield Hardline Twitter: @dirtydeathdog

Major Stains
04-07-2015, 08:46 AM
So they haven't fixed 'being repeatedly killed by dirty hodad team mates that join the other side'? (I'm looking at you Southtown)

HardlyCapable13
04-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Are you kidding me with this?

- RPG reduced to 1 ammo from back of cars, with smaller explosion radius overall thus requiring more skill to use effectively

So we already have little to no defense against the helicopters and the armored vehicles, now they make it even less? They do realize a helo flying around has UNLIMITED ammo to take you out repeatedly, but are requiring us to hit them with ONE rocket, which probably won't even kill them? This is the biggest complaint I have of this game; not having a anti-vehicle loadout.

Major Stains
04-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Are you kidding me with this?

So we already have little to no defense against the helicopters and the armored vehicles, now they make it even less? They do realize a helo flying around has UNLIMITED ammo to take you out repeatedly, but are requiring us to hit them with ONE rocket, which probably won't even kill them? This is the biggest complaint I have of this game; not having a anti-vehicle loadout.

I totally agree.
A well tooled up heli with a decent pilot is a major pain in the ass in this game.
I didn't see the rpg/rockets being OP in any way, having just one ammo would make it fairly pointless as in my experience most vehicles took a couple of well aimed shots to take them out.

Ullrsdog
04-07-2015, 12:33 PM
So they haven't fixed 'being repeatedly killed by dirty hodad team mates that join the other side'? (I'm looking at you Southtown)

That was us last night too...Beeano Czech and a couple others again Blackout, Johnny H, and me...then later teams got all switched up (new server I think) and again we were MP vs MP...sheepdog does not like C4 booby traps just so you know.

This is the biggest complaint I have of this game; not having a anti-vehicle loadout.

you can set up a vehicle with Anti air weapons in the trunk but that's about it.

HardlyCapable13
04-07-2015, 12:36 PM
you can set up a vehicle with Anti air weapons in the trunk but that's about it.

The lack of reciprocating firepower of a ground man vs a helo or armored truck is what has kept me away from the game lately. It really bothers me.

Ullrsdog
04-07-2015, 01:28 PM
The lack of reciprocating firepower of a ground man vs a helo or armored truck is what has kept me away from the game lately. It really bothers me.

I understand that...I was able to scare off a heli by simply firing back with one of the armored cars, and with a coordinated effort a few infantry guys could take down a heli pretty quick.

donhardeone
04-07-2015, 04:14 PM
It can be hella-hard to take down a heli with a full squad in it. Earlier this week I went two straight games where my squadmates never got taken down. We had a solid pilot and two people that were deadly on the guns. Myself and one other guy spent the entire time repairing, which we got fast repair perk enabled pretty quickly. One gunner was 29-0. I was 0-0 once I found my way to the heli, but still scored in the top 3 off nothing but repairs. Part of me liked it because I got major points and we won big, but TBH it was completely unfair for the competition. Stinger after stinger hit us, but we were repairing faster than they could damage us.

HardlyCapable13
04-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Exactly my point don. It's one thing in BF4 if you've got a ton of Engineer classes running around with RPGs and stingers. That actually gives the vehicles reason to worry from time to time. But like in Hardline, when you have a few people who actually grab a stinger/RPG and attempt to use it to take down a vehicle, it's a joke. I have no interest in grabbing a rocket launcher, as I can't use my normal gun and I'm never near my vehicle with the kit when a helo is stalking me.

Again, this is the reason I've been avoiding the game. It irritates me even more than snipers. And laughable that they're making it harder to take vehicles down...

TonkaToys
04-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Limited ammo (fuel) for Helis? Requiring a landing back at base and a delay to simulate reloading?

HardlyCapable13
04-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Limited ammo (fuel) for Helis? Requiring a landing back at base and a delay to simulate reloading?

Something like that. It's just unfair that these beasts that are pretty difficult to bring down have unlimited ammo, while you on the ground end up throwing rocks at them...

Can't wait for that stupid K10 to get nerfed. Last night was a joke. Every moron was running that gun. Impossible to win a gun battle vs that thing no matter the distance.

Retro
04-10-2015, 11:14 AM

I'd love for choppers to have limited fuel and ammo. I'd also like to see choppers have a slower respawn.

donhardeone
04-10-2015, 01:09 PM
The respawn fro chopppers is at least slower than it was in BF4. BF4 seemed to spawn new one instantly after destroy, at least BFH gives it ~45 seconds I think.

TrojanTeacher
04-10-2015, 02:17 PM
That's why, to me, Battlefield 2

http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/83/82131/Battlefield-2_SF_EF_AF1.jpg

is by far the best of the Battlefield series. Planes could not repair mid air nor could choppers. They needed to get back to their take-off point to repair and re-arm. Fuel was unlimited, but who cares about fuel. The game was perfectly balanced and the maps on that game were, and currently are, superior to the current games of BF. Again, JMO.

TrojanTeacher
04-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Also, I don't know what you guys are talking about with Helo's...I wish I was good at flying them... :wink: :wink:

Retro
04-10-2015, 02:28 PM
I still think BC2 is most balanced game I've played with BF2 a close second.

Retro
04-10-2015, 02:29 PM
I won't bring up R6 Rogue Spear as it's a completely different game.

TrojanTeacher
04-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Yes R6 is beastly, but the game itself is a whole different monster. Great series, but could never get into it for too long.