PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Trophy: Flawless Raider (planning)

cmore24
07-01-2015, 07:13 AM
Like to start a discussion to plan for a flawless raid with 6 people of same clan.

questions
1. can we find 6 MP and lock for 2h (no rushes)
2. what would be a good time?
3. VOG or CE
4. which character each would need to be
5. each person role, relic holder, etc
6. do we need a practice run to get the roles right
7. other points ?

on 1.
Spike4Hand wanted to join
need 4 more.

on 3.
personally I have more experience and fun on VOG. and lvl 26 seems so easy now.
But I can agree that to CE as well. We'll need a few practice runs.

on 4.
I'll go with titan defender. Play defensive ?

on 5.
once we find 6 people and a time slot, we can do later a separate blog on this and map out per checkpoint.

on 6.
if VOG, I don't need.
if CE, I do need.

on 2.
- depends on timezone we live in. I live in Brussels which is 6h ahead of NY, 9h ahead of SFO.
- weekends are best. 4pm Brussel, =10am NY, or later.
- 2nd option is weekday 11pm Brussel time, =5pm NY, etc
I assume we need some time to assemble a team so I propose July 11th or 12.

Sneaken1
07-01-2015, 07:38 AM
Ah man I'd love to do this but the time frame is going to be a killer for me :(

I'm eastern time and usually can't get on till 9pm.

32 warlock but no experience in vog or ce. I would also like to do a trials team someday

cmore24
07-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Ah man I'd love to do this but the time frame is going to be a killer for me :(

I'm eastern time and usually can't get on till 9pm.

32 warlock but no experience in vog or ce. I would also like to do a trials team someday

you have to play VOG !!! its just the best thing I have experienced so far in multiplaying. HUGE world. And lvl 32 is easy. We had to learn it at lvl 25 and 26, and got lost many times. WL is OK but self res doesn't count for flawless unfortunately (it counts as a death).

weekdays is out.
would weekends work for you ?

Doing a few practice runs maybe needed for all of us. Papas love to educate their children...

Sneaken1
07-01-2015, 10:56 AM
I need to, half tempted to try soloing it just to have seen it once.

Depends I do shift work so every week is different.

I have a lvl 25 titan, I could probably get him to 30 in a couple days if that would be more helpful

TonkaToys
07-01-2015, 11:28 AM
I haven't tried VoG yet but have just levelled up my Titan to 30 - will need to get the DLC first though but willing to do that.
What kind of damage weapons are needed? I've only got 1 exotic shotgun thingy.

PS: are you in the MP Destiny Clan https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/114818

Spike Forehand
07-01-2015, 04:16 PM
I'm definitely down to try. Got a Level 34 titan, a 33 warlock, and a 33 (soon to be 34) Hunter.

How about this Thursday night (July 2) at 9:30PM ET? We used to have pretty regular Thursday night raids until HOW came out, now they are more or less whenever there's a group of 6 that wanna do it.

Sounds like you also need the "clan tag" trophy. If so, we'd need to make sure whoever participates is wearing that tag. A pretty good percentage of the guys most of us play with are actually not MP's, but more like "friends of MP's" and so may not be wearing the tag.

Would be really good if we could get Beanstwoniner and/or RC to help. They are both MP's and are really good/flawless at running the relic in VOG or sword in Crota. I think Beans could take down crota with his eyes closed at this point.

EDIT: Just noticed you are on Belgium time - so the 9:30PM ET thing I guess would be out. I suggest we try to find the 6 and get a commitment for a Sunday afternoon EDT. That seems to be a time when some of the evening guys are on.

cmore24
07-02-2015, 01:59 PM
I haven't tried VoG yet but have just levelled up my Titan to 30 - will need to get the DLC first though but willing to do that.
What kind of damage weapons are needed? I've only got 1 exotic shotgun thingy.

PS: are you in the MP Destiny Clan https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/114818

yes, I am. Ready to go.
BTW, no need to buy th DLC for VOG. it comes with the base package.
no special need for gun if you ar lvl 28 or higher. Vision of Conflux and Icebreaker are my personal favorite for VOG.
also some vod shotgun and machinegun are usefull.
There seem to be enough experience people we can get everyone across. I found VOG hugely rewarding. its difficult at first, but after 3-5 trials and a guide expalining strategy, you'll be a pro. Steep learning curve. Really fun.
We probably need at least 3 experienced which seems possble.

cmore24
07-02-2015, 02:05 PM
yes, I am. Ready to go.
BTW, no need to buy th DLC for VOG. it comes with the base package.
no special need for gun if you ar lvl 28 or higher. Vision of Conflux and Icebreaker are my personal favorite for VOG.
also some vod shotgun and machinegun are usefull.
There seem to be enough experience people we can get everyone across. I found VOG hugely rewarding. its difficult at first, but after 3-5 trials and a guide expalining strategy, you'll be a pro. Steep learning curve. Really fun.
We probably need at least 3 experienced which seems possble.

yes, if we can do flawless with all from same clan, we get 2 golden trophies.
its a good motivation to get a few more recruits.
For flawless I recommend to be lvl 28 at least for VOG normal or lvl 32 for CE normal

yes, the weekend seems best place to start. like sunday July 5th ? I know holliday season starts. What is the best way on Team MP website for everyone to leave they availability ? Doodle ?
weekdays is better for 3-gardian games like POE.

Spike Forehand
07-02-2015, 02:28 PM
yes, if we can do flawless with all from same clan, we get 2 golden trophies.
its a good motivation to get a few more recruits.
For flawless I recommend to be lvl 28 at least for VOG normal or lvl 32 for CE normal

yes, the weekend seems best place to start. like sunday July 5th ? I know holliday season starts. What is the best way on Team MP website for everyone to leave they availability ? Doodle ?
weekdays is better for 3-gardian games like POE.

In addition to posting here, you should also send a note via PSN to the MP Destiny guys. I have found you're likely to get a better response there than here if you are talking Destiny-specific issues. (ADMINS - please don't shoot me - just telling the truth)

I can send a note later tonight to the PS4 Destiny MP's looking for interest in a Sunday July 5 try at Flawless Raider. Should we say 2PM EDT?

Spike Forehand
07-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Have we decided whether to run VOG or CE?

I'm still thinking that CE may be easier/less risky, and our Team MP Horseshoe method is proven to work really fast as long as we have a good sword-handler (Beanstwoniner would be best).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY1_pMPhWfE

The tricky part will be getting everyone through the thralls - which is still really hard to do with noone dying - and then the bridges - which could not be cheesed for flawless raider.

VOG, on the other hand, the tricky spots would be the Templar - which once again we could not cheese - and then you have the very high risk platform jumps.

All told, I'm still thinking CE may be a little less risky overall, just cause we are so damn good at the end game. Once we all make it through the thralls then we have a really good shot at it from there.

Sneaken1
07-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I can't make Sunday, got the call from the railway to work :(

cmore24
07-03-2015, 02:24 AM
In addition to posting here, you should also send a note via PSN to the MP Destiny guys. I have found you're likely to get a better response there than here if you are talking Destiny-specific issues. (ADMINS - please don't shoot me - just telling the truth)

I can send a note later tonight to the PS4 Destiny MP's looking for interest in a Sunday July 5 try at Flawless Raider. Should we say 2PM EDT?

Yhx ! Am learning whats the best way that works. Love u to hold my hand and walk me to these 2 difficult throphies...
(not exactly sure how to send on PSN a note to MP destiny group. I am unaware how to make chat groups on PSN or to know who they are. you probably refer to the 'message' window where you can select a whole bunch of your friends ? if so I still need to actually make team MP folks my friends on PSN first I think. Can someone again send me the destiny MP group names ?)
the next 2 days I'm off hiking, but sunday I should be back around 4pm EST/NY.

cmore24
07-03-2015, 02:27 AM
Have we decided whether to run VOG or CE?

I'm still thinking that CE may be easier/less risky, and our Team MP Horseshoe method is proven to work really fast as long as we have a good sword-handler (Beanstwoniner would be best).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY1_pMPhWfE

The tricky part will be getting everyone through the thralls - which is still really hard to do with noone dying - and then the bridges - which could not be cheesed for flawless raider.

VOG, on the other hand, the tricky spots would be the Templar - which once again we could not cheese - and then you have the very high risk platform jumps.

All told, I'm still thinking CE may be a little less risky overall, just cause we are so damn good at the end game. Once we all make it through the thralls then we have a really good shot at it from there.

lets start with CE normal than since you have a strategy. I myself am less familiar with it than VOG, but that means is a great opportunity to practice and learn.
Spike, if you can help get a team together the next days/weeks, I owe you one.

cmore24
07-03-2015, 02:34 AM

2pm EDT might be tight for me. Possible but I'll confirm sunday morning. 3 or 4pm is safer for me if its all the same for you.

TonkaToys
07-03-2015, 04:28 AM
Add yourself to the Active Players list and then send an invite to everyone who has their name on that list.

It maybe worth using the MP calendar to book a time...

http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/calendar.php?calendarid=2

Spike Forehand
07-03-2015, 08:49 AM
2pm EDT might be tight for me. Possible but I'll confirm sunday morning. 3 or 4pm is safer for me if its all the same for you.

I'll update the note to say 4PM EDT instead of 2PM.

Looks like we had a solid four - me, you, Snowblind, and Breaking - who can definitely run the sword good. Tonka is a maybe, so we got room for one more.

Perhaps since you and Tonka will be pretty new to CE let's call it a dry run/practice.

Spike Forehand
07-03-2015, 01:31 PM
So I noticed on reddit that you can get "Raiding Party" on Prison of Elders level 32 and above, maybe we should work on getting you that first (I already got it from a while back) as for it we'll only need MP's. Me, you and snowman I think should be able to plow through that easily.

Then, we'll have a better chance at a full group of 6 on a Sunday afternoon for a flawless raider attempt and we won't have to worry about whether all 6 have the MP tag on. For Flawless Raider it has to be CE or VOG. Looks like the general consensus is that CE is the easier raid to get it with.

cmore24
07-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Great idea. Yes for flawless we do not need all MP. Its new to me that POE with 3players count as all-clan raid. BTW there are 2 all-clan trophies, one on strikes and one on raid. I actually need both. I can imagine the POE counts as a strike one.

TheFreak75
07-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Whenever you need another player, send me invite

cmore24
07-04-2015, 02:16 PM
What's recommended character for CE? Which super ? Which guns?

Spike Forehand
07-05-2015, 10:22 AM
What's recommended character for CE? Which super ? Which guns?

For Titans, I definitely recommend striker titan for the first phase so that you can super mobs of thralls. For the end game it's a bubble titan with the "Blessing of Light" modifier to create the bubbles to protect everyone from the boomer knights and Crota. I'll definitely be bringing mine as he's my only 34. I also have those AC/D0 gauntlets that cause AOE damage when you get meleed - those are super good in the early part too.

For Warlocks, seems like Nova Bomb is definitely the way to go and that can be super helpful in the early part.

For Hunters I use Blade Dancer in the early part and then golden gun at the end. Make sure that for Blade Dancer you have the perk that causes you to go invisible if you get meleed.

No matter what class, it helps to have armor on that regens your super pretty fast in the first thrall part.

For guns, I like something that shoots pretty fast and is easy to aim. I mostly use Fatebringer cause the secondary damage from the exploding thralls helps, but I think I'm gonna try using Vestian Dynasty next time just cause it shoots so damn fast.

johnnyh1976
07-05-2015, 11:30 AM
I'd love to run a raid and get that trophy, sadly I'll be out all afternoon with my girls and then off to a birthday party for my nephew.

Spike Forehand
07-05-2015, 06:00 PM
We only ever got up to 4 today, so we just practiced the thralls part for a while. Almost 3-manned it a couple of times. I think the key is staying close together as you activate the lamps. It seems whenever someone dies it's when the lamp gets activated too early, someone is late getting there and doesn't get the weight off, and then they start falling behind and die.

I think you also have to be lucky with the knight and the cursed thralls as those also screwed up our runs several times.

Definitely will try next week the same time - like around 2:30 - 3:00 EDT.

With six players I think we can do it.

TonkaToys
07-06-2015, 06:44 AM
Sorry I missed it - I managed to get on later but it looked like you had all finished.

cmore24
07-06-2015, 06:53 AM
Spike,

it was great fun !
Because I wasn't so familiar with CE (I had done it like a handful of times only) and with LFG groups you rarely get to actually practice, just run.
It is really fantastic that you took the time to explain it and allow us jointly to practice. I encourage other MP members or friends to join in next time. I expect us to make it to the bridge flawlessly next weekend. We almost made it this time already.

I agree with your analysis and strategy proposal. It requires some discipline. At the hill where we stranded a few times there is soooooo much going on that the amazingly crazy fun makes me forget any logic. But I promise to some mental training for it now that I know what to do. it should make me less reactionairy and more predictable.

One thing that may help us is that we agree on one leader who instructs the rest rather than leave it open for anyone to say what to do.
Think about simple instructions you would need to coordinate the others. Like 'lamp', 'move on up hill, 'don't stop at next lamp', 'knight on left'...

Once we are at the bridge, I think we need to agree on how taking out the 2 big monsters while others defend and take out the knights. We may need one titan with a bubble and this roman empire helmet as hiding place while 2 others are standing on the stones for sniping or rocket, etc.

next weekend I am available saturday and sunday, pretty much entire day. So we can try both saturday and sunday, and start even 8am EDT onwards.
Do we need doodle ?
during weekdays I can do 5-7pm EDT but not later.
really looking forward

Looking forward, I expect us to get to the bridge. Any strategic insight you can share ? still Titan striker of Warlock voidwalker ? Are there specific roles per player we need to think of ? any specific guns (sniper ?)

cmore24
07-06-2015, 07:26 AM
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/destiny/trophy/93124-Raiding-Party.html

we may find other people with similar goals here ?

cmore24
07-06-2015, 07:38 AM
good guidelines https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/101848483/0/0

Spike Forehand
07-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Spike,

it was great fun !
Because I wasn't so familiar with CE (I had done it like a handful of times only) and with LFG groups you rarely get to actually practice, just run.
It is really fantastic that you took the time to explain it and allow us jointly to practice. I encourage other MP members or friends to join in next time. I expect us to make it to the bridge flawlessly next weekend. We almost made it this time already.

I agree with your analysis and strategy proposal. It requires some discipline. At the hill where we stranded a few times there is soooooo much going on that the amazingly crazy fun makes me forget any logic. But I promise to some mental training for it now that I know what to do. it should make me less reactionairy and more predictable.

One thing that may help us is that we agree on one leader who instructs the rest rather than leave it open for anyone to say what to do.
Think about simple instructions you would need to coordinate the others. Like 'lamp', 'move on up hill, 'don't stop at next lamp', 'knight on left'...

Once we are at the bridge, I think we need to agree on how taking out the 2 big monsters while others defend and take out the knights. We may need one titan with a bubble and this roman empire helmet as hiding place while 2 others are standing on the stones for sniping or rocket, etc.

next weekend I am available saturday and sunday, pretty much entire day. So we can try both saturday and sunday, and start even 8am EDT onwards.
Do we need doodle ?
during weekdays I can do 5-7pm EDT but not later.
really looking forward

Looking forward, I expect us to get to the bridge. Any strategic insight you can share ? still Titan striker of Warlock voidwalker ? Are there specific roles per player we need to think of ? any specific guns (sniper ?)

I think if we go with James again we should let him do the call-outs about when to actually activate the lamps and move since he's the one who is throwing down the supers for the most part.

Alternately, if we can get Beanstwoniner pried away from his ESO adventures he's a really good lead as noone has run Crota more times than he has.

At the end of the thralls when we have to activate the bridge and wait for it to form, I think it should be pretty doable if we make sure and assign roles like this:

1 - Cover thralls from left
2 - Cover thralls from right
3 - Cover thralls from center
4 - Cover knights (from atop stone)
5 - Cover Ogres (from atop stone)
6 - Backup Cover for Ogres and Knights

After that, we'll need to work out the next bridge section and once again assign roles and similarly for the very last section.

I'll send another note out later this week to MP's and others to see who's into making an attempt again this Sunday.

Only problem I have is that I have a family event Sunday at 4PM, so I'd need to go from like 2PM EDT to 4 PM EDT. Let me know if that time works for you.

Spike Forehand
07-08-2015, 06:24 PM
good guidelines https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/101848483/0/0

Wow - that's really interesting.

If I'm reading this right, he's saying that you just use two experienced hunters who run through the Abyss alone and activate the bridge, while everyone else stays back at the place where you dropped in.

That makes a lot of sense since it's so common in the actual abyss for someone to die - I hadn't even thought of that way of doing it. I know for sure that both Dinsdale and Beans have run the Abyss solo with their hunters. We'll have to see if we can get one or both to run it on Sunday.

That takes away what I consider to be the riskiest part of the whole deal, which is the Abyss.

cmore24
07-09-2015, 05:47 AM
sunday 1pm EDT onwards works for me

cmore24
07-09-2015, 05:50 AM
Agree. even one hunter may work.
its just that while my titan and warlock are lvl 34, my hunter is behind on lvl30 and I have not completed the bladedancer yet. Working on it.
Hope of your you folks have a fully levelled bladedancer hunter.

alternatively, the approach we were on seems more action fun. with a little more coordination we'll get right it next time.

Spike Forehand
07-13-2015, 08:10 AM
I got my hunter to level 34 over the weekend maybe I'll practice the thralls a bit to see my chances.

cmore24
07-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Spike, Snow,...
Sorry I could not make it to the CE on Sunday.
Wife had planned a last minute something )-: