PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone planning on coming back for the Taken King?

RC-1136
08-13-2015, 08:13 AM
If not I'm thinking of finding a new clan to run raids and do other activities with. Unless SW Battlefront is epic (which so far it doesn't lool like it will be) Destiny will be my primary game for a while. I know a lot of people have issues with it, but it fits with the amount of time I have to put into a game a week very well. I don't have the time to put into games like Elder Scrolls or Fall Out.

marineice5 LH
08-13-2015, 08:32 AM
If not I'm thinking of finding a new clan to run raids and do other activities with. Unless SW Battlefront is epic (which so far it doesn't lool like it will be) Destiny will be my primary game for a while. I know a lot of people have issues with it, but it fits with the amount of time I have to put into a game a week very well. I don't have the time to put into games like Elder Scrolls or Fall Out.

I am planning on playing Taken king as I play Destiny often, atleast till Black ops 3 comes out

RC-1136
08-13-2015, 08:34 AM
I am planning on playing Taken king as I play Destiny often, atleast till Black ops 3 comes out

Unfortunately, you play on the XBOX.

Retro
08-13-2015, 08:37 AM
No one is playing Destiny? I thought that's all everyone on PS4 played?

Major Stains
08-13-2015, 11:06 AM
As much as I'd love to say I'll join you guys. It'll probably be a no for me.
I have a good mate wanting me to join him completing Far Cry 4 and play GTA V when he isn't doing that.
I miss playing BF4 and Hardline, with the new features coming through.
I am addicted to trophy whoring on Lego Jurassic World.
I love the newly purchase digital downloads of Journey and Everybodys Gone to the Rapture.
I enjoy jumping in for some random Rocket League mayhem.
I have Rorys PGA and FIFA15 calling me, but collecting dust I type.
I have a keen eye on upcoming Rainbow Six, Seige. And I hope Star Wars is half decent too.

Oh and I have a family that selfishly demand my time too!

Really hate to see people consider leaving for other clans, but there is just so much damn choice out there now.
Maybe if we hit Destiny forums hard with a recruitment drive, then you wouldn't need to leave for greener pastures!

Gink
08-13-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm going to say no... though I know I'll probably end up picking up the content eventually. I try and resist, but never can. I definitely don't see myself playing regularly or keeping up on levels and gear though.
I'm more interested in ESO these days, but am lagging behind on that. Plan to start Witcher 3 when I get a chance. And of course I will be giving up everything; sleep, social life, etc for Fallout 4, and trying to play some SW Battlefront at the same time. So it's a good thing Destiny will be around for 9 more years, I can come back to it when there's a lull in other games.

Spike Forehand
08-13-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm still in RC. The Taken King changes look pretty exciting, and I'm pumped for a new raid.

Spike Forehand
08-13-2015, 04:13 PM
No one is playing Destiny? I thought that's all everyone on PS4 played?

Still a few MP's and extended/former MP's playing it, but definitely a fall-off from where we were pre-House of Wolves. I find it more and more likely that I play something else when I log on in the evenings. That being said, if someone's raiding and has a spot I'm there - still enjoy raids a lot.

HardlyCapable13
08-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Really hate to see people consider leaving for other clans, but there is just so much damn choice out there now.
Maybe if we hit Destiny forums hard with a recruitment drive, then you wouldn't need to leave for greener pastures!

Are you crazy?!?! It's much easier to leave than to put time into the clan!

Spike Forehand
08-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Are you crazy?!?! It's much easier to leave than to put time into the clan!

And posts like this are what drive people away

HardlyCapable13
08-13-2015, 04:40 PM

You may be right, and I apologize if I've offended anyone. It just drives me crazy that people can't be bothered to bump a recruitment thread from time to time, yet threaten jumping ship because people aren't playing a certain game as much as they were.

Again, I'm sorry for the rude post and letting my emotions speak before my brain could catch up.

Spike Forehand
08-13-2015, 04:49 PM
NP man - I flashed a little there too and am sorry as well.

It's just that RC has been one of the leaders of MP on the PS side - always willing to team up, friendly towards everyone, never a bad word, and a champion cusser to boot. IMO he was asking a simple question of those players who stopped playing Destiny about if they are coming back. I'm sure it was not a complaint or whine about the size of MP or the efforts of recruiting or anything like that.

HardlyCapable13
08-13-2015, 04:59 PM
NP man - I flashed a little there too and am sorry as well.

It's just that RC has been one of the leaders of MP on the PS side - always willing to team up, friendly towards everyone, never a bad word, and a champion cusser to boot. IMO he was asking a simple question of those players who stopped playing Destiny about if they are coming back. I'm sure it was not a complaint or whine about the size of MP or the efforts of recruiting or anything like that.

I know, and agree. I'm a dolt. (when's the last time you heard that word?)

yeawithcheese
08-13-2015, 07:57 PM
i am really wanting to get back into destiny before taken king but struggling to find motivation

Major Stains
08-13-2015, 09:18 PM

Hope nobody misinterpreted my post either.
I was just stating that it would be a shame to see RC go, as he is a valued member of the team.
I only really replied because I wanted explain my situation. I know you guys know I'm unlikely to hit Destiny again, as it wasn't really my bag.

(Plus I think RC was looking in the direction of the guys playing ESO)

Gink
08-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Hey now, enough talk about members leaving, especially old timers.

Remember folks, we are a non-monogamous team. If your needs aren't being fully met here, and you have to step outside the team to find a squad for your favorite game, we accept that. We don't encourage it, but it's better than breaking things off.

We'll still be here when you come slinking back in the morning. MP 4 Life!

Retro
08-14-2015, 06:44 AM
Pretty sure RC was just saying he may need to go find others to play the game with. I know the feeling, it's what I do with Madden. Doesn't mean I'm leaving!

RC-1136
08-14-2015, 07:38 AM
Pretty sure RC was just saying he may need to go find others to play the game with. I know the feeling, it's what I do with Madden. Doesn't mean I'm leaving!

Exactly, Retro. I meant I would find another Destiny Clan to play with. Recruitment is great, but there are already 2 other huge "Dad" Destiny Clans. It's going to be hard.

To be honest, I rather play with the guys that I've been gaming with here since my MW2 and BFBC2 days. I just wish they liked Destiny as much as I do.

We did have 6 guys together last week end to run the 2 raids. It was the most fun that I've had with the game in a long time.

EPIC50CAL
08-14-2015, 02:33 PM
I wish I could say yea but destinyis not my thing. I stoped playing lvl 26 so i dont think anyone want to play with me anyway lol.

johnnyh1976
08-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Exactly, Retro. I meant I would find another Destiny Clan to play with. Recruitment is great, but there are already 2 other huge "Dad" Destiny Clans. It's going to be hard.

To be honest, I rather play with the guys that I've been gaming with here since my MW2 and BFBC2 days. I just wish they liked Destiny as much as I do.

We did have 6 guys together last week end to run the 2 raids. It was the most fun that I've had with the game in a long time.

That was last Friday and I had fun as well. The other in our group was a good friend of mine and my wedding photograper...a non-mp. We have a small group of us that is on mostly every night and we get together usually once a month for Destiny LAN parties....last one went to 3:30 AM.

I'll have to get some more games in with you all for sure because like RC said, some of us have been playing together since BC2..fuck that was a great game.....

Sorry to say but Team MP is stuck with me.

Sneaken1
08-14-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm all in and never left but I can only play on my days off. So Tuesday and Wednesday night I put in as much time as I can. Seems like most MP's aren't on when I am :(

I've never done any of the raids yet hope to eventually though!

I'll probably split my time between Destiny and BO 3. ESO is good but it hasn't hooked me yet sadly.

Anyway if you ever see me in I'm up for anything, crucible, iron banner, strikes, doesn't matter to me.

mechatool
08-18-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm probability picking up the Taken King. I also believe SureMoe, Radioplay, & Kamikazi are picking up the DLC. I haven't played Destiny in a month because there isn't anything new to accomplish and I have been playing Batman Arkham Knight. Looking forward to gaming with everyone again.

Snowblind
08-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Never really left,but i am getting ttk and plan on playing for a long time.

Major Stains
09-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Does a kick ass soundtrack on an exciting trailer make me want to buy this upcoming instalment? ... HELL YEAH!

Does the fact in need to buy the previous DLC that come with the full game put me off? Yes it does a bit.

I'm might just watch the trailer when I need my Destiny fix :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvf2cAIUtk&sns=em

Snowblind
09-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Does a kick ass soundtrack on an exciting trailer make me want to buy this upcoming instalment? ... HELL YEAH!

Does the fact in need to buy the previous DLC that come with the full game put me off? Yes it does a bit.

I'm might just watch the trailer when I need my Destiny fix :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvf2cAIUtk&sns=em

If you buy the new taken king it comes with all the dlc, they are trying to extend a hand to the people who quit plating at level 20. And you get an xp boost to take any character to level 25 so you can jump right back in. I bought the TTK collectors edition so I might have a code for the first 2 dlc to pass on to any fellow mp's who want it, but not sure how that will work.

Spike Forehand
09-02-2015, 06:50 PM
They were talking in one of the podcasts I listen to about what a good time it is for first-timers or those who fell behind to enter back in, especially cause you can get TTK plus the original game and DLC's for a decent price and you can start at level 25 and be doing Vault Raids in a couple days.

cmore24
09-05-2015, 07:50 AM
TTK release time is estimated at 2am PDT / 5am EDT on Sept 15.
Better have some strong coffee.

Sneaken1
09-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Tuesday update will have the weapon balancing and new crucible modes from what I hear. I'll be on around 9ish eastern if anyone is up for some pvp

Major Stains
09-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Tissues at the ready Destiny fans!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQhu7UgJKlM&sns=em

cmore24
09-09-2015, 05:04 AM
yesterday I couldn't play since the download took forever )-:

Major Stains
09-09-2015, 10:25 AM
yesterday I couldn't play since the download took forever )-:

I thought I had a pretty decent internet connection, but the download was estimating 48 hours!!!
Must be overloaded at Bungies end...

Sneaken1
09-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Some people have had results changing there ps4 dns settings to Google's servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

To get better speeds.

Sneaken1
09-09-2015, 02:39 PM
My first impressions on the pvp is pulse rifles are the new top tier. Autos feel better but not great. And the high rate of fire auto scout rifles are good too.

Shotguns still make hamburger all day.

cmore24
09-10-2015, 10:55 AM
We did 3 new pvp maps. It reminded me how I hate new maps. I always get lost. But we got 3 new grimoire cards which was nice !

cmore24
09-15-2015, 01:36 AM
2h25min to go to the new TTK starts...