PDA

View Full Version : R6: Siege War Stories

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Gink
11-29-2015, 08:53 PM
You know what to do. Post your Rainbow Six: Siege war stories here!

OldSchoolMike77
12-01-2015, 05:17 AM
I just finished a 5 hour block of R6:S and I wanted to share my experience with the rest of the MP's.

First let me start out by saying NOT one single time was there an issue with connecting to the server like there was so many times in beta testing. Every match loaded quickly without delay.

The new maps were a lot of fun to play with everything from mansions, to strip clubs, to a passenger jet. The maps also look great as well.

The new operators introduced offer a great variety of gadgets to use. I really enjoyed playing with Sledge on offense and Jäger on defense. With 20 operators in the initial launch you str certain to find one that fits your style of play.

My only complaint is that you cannot upgrade or unlock operators in between maps. Instead you have to back out and reconnect.

I will also say this, the first couple of squads I joined there was no teamwork and we lost, we lost a lot! When I teamed up with friends in s squad and we l worked together, we won every single match we played.

I look forward to playing this again soon, but for now I have to go get my 1 hour of sleep before work.

Reply to this thread and share your thoughts on Rainbow Dix Siege. What did you think?

TPH7
12-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Glad to see it was a good experience for you. I can't wait for it to begin for me. The final mission looks really good And Could Have Had A Story To It quite easily. Hope it gets delivered soon so I can try the new maps. Which is the fave so far?

donhardeone
12-05-2015, 08:16 PM
For a pre-ordered game, I have had almost no time to even play this game this week. Finally finished up the situations earlier today. I find them to be a great way to familiarize yourself with some of the operators and the actual gameplay and tactics required. I wish there were more of them honestly.

I tried a bit of lonewolf Terrorist Hunt, and it is pretty darn difficult playing on realistic by yourself. I alo got in a few rounds of multiplayer so far, and the game is exactly what I expected: If you communicate as a team you win, if not you get demolished. Time will tell what kind of player this game attracts, but so far I have been lucky to get matched with teams who use their mics and pick their operators strategically.

donhardeone
12-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Got in several rounds with Teach last night. We won some, we lost some, we killed some of our own hostages... so, yeeeeaaahh. Last night was the first time I really experienced server issues since launch, but they were not overly frustrating.

TrojanTeacher
12-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Good fun playing the last three days. The only annoying thing is playing with randoms that either don't talk (why even get this game, then) or that just complain how awful we're all doing when they are the ones that die first (hahaha!!).

donhardeone
12-27-2015, 03:30 PM
The game was my nomination for GOTY already, but with more MPs joining in on the fun this game is even better! Gotten in several games the last few days with Teach, Freak, and LandShark! Looking forward to getting in some rounds with Rabbit, Retro, HC, Sportschamp, and others soon!

LandShark
12-28-2015, 10:09 AM
This game is really enjoyable. Thanks for the games Don, I'm still learning the maps but this is a game I can enjoy for a while, if they add new maps fairly soon it will definitely be my goty.

Spike Forehand
12-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Great games yesterday with Bravo and Treedom early and Remec and Southtown later. Terrorist Hunt addictive as hell. I especially like the Rescue Hostage mode. Bomb Defuse needs a bit if a nerd as its really hard if you have any randoms in ur group.

Hoping the MP popularity of this game continues.

Major Stains
12-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks to Bravo, Remec, Treedom and TPH7 for nursing me through my first proper games since the alpha/ beta.

Maybe my tactics of drinking Sambuca and not using a mic could play part to any confusion caused in those matches! Good times and Happy New Year.

Helmethead1031
01-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Great time with Spike and majorstains tonight. A couple of intense terrorist hunt matches. It was my first time playing with Team MP members and I'm glad I've joined this group. Looking forward to many nights with great people.

donhardeone
01-02-2016, 02:15 AM
Great evening of fun with a lot of MPs tonight! Started out with a full squad (RedDawg, SportsChamp, Tom4Long, myself, and Red's friend) going through both Terrorist Hunts and Multiplayer matches. Great times were had. Jumped back on later and joined up with SportsChamp, Retro, and Lockwood on terrorist hunts and a custom multiplayer map. Between hearing "RUN!!!!", "Damn C4!!!", and "Failure"...we managed to have a load of fun.

Some much needed fun on an otherwise crappy week. Thanks!

Retro
01-02-2016, 02:18 AM
Great evening of fun with a lot of MPs tonight! Started out with a full squad (RedDawg, SportsChamp, Tom4Long, myself, and Red's friend) going through both Terrorist Hunts and Multiplayer matches. Great times were had. Jumped back on later and joined up with SportsChamp, Retro, and Lockwood on terrorist hunts and a custom multiplayer map. Between hearing "RUN!!!!", "Damn C4!!!", and "Failure"...we managed to have a load of fun.

Some much needed fun on an otherwise crappy week. Thanks!

The best part had to be the two R6 n00bs me and Lockwood laying a beat down on the vets....

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/Retro_022/beatdown_zpsisdqz1u6.jpg

donhardeone
01-02-2016, 08:52 AM
The best part had to be the two R6 n00bs me and Lockwood laying a beat down on the vets....

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/Retro_022/beatdown_zpsisdqz1u6.jpg

Looks Photoshopped to me. Heh

Spike Forehand
01-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Great time with Spike and majorstains tonight. A couple of intense terrorist hunt matches. It was my first time playing with Team MP members and I'm glad I've joined this group. Looking forward to many nights with great people.

Great playing with you and Stains too Helmet!!! I think Normal mode Terrorist Hunt is great for a group of 3 people who take their time and work together on comms.

Also teamed up with OldSchoolMike and a few other guys later for more Hard Mode Terrorist Hunt. Tons of fun and a good challenge for a group of 5.

Noticed that to get the platinum trophy you need to win a Realistic mode terrorist hunt. My first 2016 New Year's Resolution!!

Major Stains
01-02-2016, 10:31 AM

They were some great games thanks.
I will get on comms tonight, but much after 1am and 'The Hammer' gets real angry when I wake up the kids! Lol.

I'm up for a challenge Spike, maybe not for a few weeks, but I will help clear out on realistic mode (although run like a screaming school girl when 'heavy breather guy' comes along the corridor.)

Major Stains
01-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Sticky Situations

Okay, so some of you already know that my game style mainly consists of floundering calamities peppered with occasional glimpses of brilliance usually accidental.

So it will be of no surprise to hear that during Situation #6 or something like that, you know, the hostage one down in the basement of one of the maps.
I do the usual barricade, set up a remote charge and throw one of my poisonous canisters somewhere, but didn't quite see where it landed.
The enemy storm in, I take one out, shoot another then deploy the gas. Oh, there it is, right next to the hostage. Oh, he is dying from my poison. Oh, he's dead.

Stains does it again. Borderline genius.

donhardeone
01-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Sticky Situations

Okay, so some of you already know that my game style mainly consists of floundering calamities peppered with occasional glimpses of brilliance usually accidental.

So it will be of no surprise to hear that during Situation #6 or something like that, you know, the hostage one down in the basement of one of the maps.
I do the usual barricade, set up a remote charge and throw one of my poisonous canisters somewhere, but didn't quite see where it landed.
The enemy storm in, I take one out, shoot another then deploy the gas. Oh, there it is, right next to the hostage. Oh, he is dying from my poison. Oh, he's dead.

Stains does it again. Borderline genius.

The two things I learned the hard way about Hostage mode the hard way...

1) When attacking, Fuze's cluster charge is more likely to kill the hostage than enemies.
2) When defending, Smoke's gas is more likely to kill the hostage than enemies.

Teach's first night playing with us, he killed the hostage with the cluster charge. I gave him hell about it, then two rounds later I did the exact same thing...shame, wallflowers and shame.

donhardeone
01-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Got in some fun rounds tonight with Bliss, Peppy, and Warlohn. In casual we dominated the competition...then we moved to rank (without our Irish luck) and got owned the first game. We managed to match pretty well the rounds after that though. Good to finally get in some games with Bliss and Peppy, whom I hadn't been able to get matches in with yet. Warlohn, always great to get in rounds with you...thanks for staying up late.

DeadChaos
01-05-2016, 04:58 AM
The two things I learned the hard way about Hostage mode the hard way...

1) When attacking, Fuze's cluster charge is more likely to kill the hostage than enemies.
2) When defending, Smoke's gas is more likely to kill the hostage than enemies.

Teach's first night playing with us, he killed the hostage with the cluster charge. I gave him hell about it, then two rounds later I did the exact same thing...shame, wallflowers and shame.

I'll admit that my cluster charge has also killed the hostage. Now I have to make sure to check the scenario before choosing an operator.

Major Stains
01-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Thanks to Bravo, Spike, Remec, and Treedom for the fun games last night.
Yeah, so what if we didn't set the world on fire with our madskillz. But it sure was a laugh, with a comedy of errors from all of us.

You would have laughed, when it got late (early) and I said I had to shut off my mic.
With just my earbuds in, I was still chatting away thinking you could hear me...Doh!
Sorry to Bravo for the slow revive in that last game, I couldn't hear what you were saying then I suddenly saw you bleeding out too late.

And finally thanks to TPH for the tips, look forward to getting in some games soon.

Bravo6
01-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Thanks to Bravo, Spike, Remec, and Treedom for the fun games last night.
Yeah, so what if we didn't set the world on fire with our madskillz. But it sure was a laugh, with a comedy of errors from all of us.

You would have laughed, when it got late (early) and I said I had to shut off my mic.
With just my earbuds in, I was still chatting away thinking you could hear me...Doh!
Sorry to Bravo for the slow revive in that last game, I couldn't hear what you were saying then I suddenly saw you bleeding out too late.

And finally thanks to TPH for the tips, look forward to getting in some games soon.

It's been a pleasure operated with all of you guys. :biggrin1:

Major Stains
01-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Thanks to EpicCal for those few games.
Then later on I joined Bravo6 and DeadChaos for some great matches.

I'm slowly learning where and when is a good time to swoop in and hit them hard, and when it's best to slowly infiltrate and let them come to you. Good times.

donhardeone
01-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Been having so much fun playing with different MPs almost every night lately!

Cheers to Red and Weasel for hanging around a few more rounds for me last night! Peppy showed up as well...sorry I left so abruptly, but my internet went out last night man.

GRRowl74
01-12-2016, 04:31 AM
Aaargh! Bloody "No Intel"! I've secured the hostage countless times, sawed through the reinforced metal walls with Thermite's supercharge, plucked off the baddies left and right, and still, still - I get smoked in the back alley - every. damn. time. Should terrorists be allowed to stand undisturbed between parked police cars shooting as you try to make a run for the extraction zone? Shouldn't - oh, I don't know - all the police? - be a deterrent for such a strategy? (Don't get me started on the airport. Should think the donut brigade in their countless squad cars would do something when a suicide bomber exits the plane, plods across the runway, climbs a freakishly tall ladder, then breathes in my ear before exploding both of us. I mean really.)

But I still think it's pretty awesome. I may have been playing a bit too much at games with kevlarskinned badasses who go from near death back to right as rain in a matter of seconds. Strange really, IRL my don't-get-shot strategy is bulletproof. Maybe I should stop running into buildings full of terrorists, boobytraps and scuba diver suicide bombers. Or just bring a few MPs.

donhardeone
01-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Another great night on R6S last night. It had been a long day, so figured I'd jump on and play 2-3 quick rounds. Several MPs on, so wound up playing for over 4 hours! Thanks for the good times guys.

I had some great rounds....

http://screenshotscontent-t5001.xboxlive.com/00090000040695e8-a5ebe71f-8de4-4d10-aa26-832468b8954f/Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=pgNLgDf5FCR37YVfWST5dS%2FjUht7DtgjMsd%2FTE4Ps9 c%3D&st=2016-01-15T15%3A05%3A56Z&se=2016-01-15T16%3A10%3A56Z&sp=r&__gda__=1452874256_01db4bb06fdd270531874e8e790707e 2

Other rounds I sucked and did the usual stupid crap...like TK-ing Peppy with C4. Heh.

Spike Forehand
01-16-2016, 12:04 PM
Spike saves the day for once....

Don't know if you guys have played with Rowdy and his buddy Keith. Pretty sure they don't have kids so won't be MP's, but they are freakin hilarious. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yak24t0pVgc

Major Stains
01-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Spike saves the day for once....

Don't know if you guys have played with Rowdy and his buddy Keith. Pretty sure they don't have kids so won't be MP's, but they are freakin hilarious. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yak24t0pVgc

Good skills that man. But sadly you officially lose the 'Worlds Worst Gamer' title with that fine display.

Bravo6
01-17-2016, 08:17 AM
What a lovely night yesterday. Major, TPH7, me and one girl from Ubisoft's R6 forum play couple of hours. We try first TH on

Realistic, but is too hard for us. For now... After that we play some Multi (so, so) with Frozen situation and finally we play on
Hard and guess... missions accomplished. :) Meanwhile i made first melee kill on Suicide bomber. :samurai:
Anyway Big Thanks to Stains and TPH7 for the Good Games.

Bravo 6 out.

Major Stains
01-17-2016, 02:30 PM
What a lovely night yesterday. Major, TPH7, me and one girl from Ubisoft's R6 forum play couple of hours. We try first TH on

Realistic, but is too hard for us. For now... After that we play some Multi (so, so) with Frozen situation and finally we play on
Hard and guess... missions accomplished. :) Meanwhile i made first melee kill on Suicide bomber. :samurai:
Anyway Big Thanks to Stains and TPH7 for the Good Games.

Bravo 6 out.

Good times. Thanks for the games guys.
Yep, that's the first time I've seen a suicide bomber stabbed in the face! Worked a treat. Not for the faint hearted though...
We will beat the game on 'Realistic', we were close on one round, but got bossed on the others. Lol.

I'm loving the cycle of games at the moment...R6 for my fix of sneaky sneaky, Hardline/ BF4 for my Leroy Jenkins/ Have a go Hero moments, and Star Wars for a bit of nostalgic fantasy pshew pshew! Just need to find time for some more GTAV and we're golden.

GRRowl74
01-19-2016, 04:42 AM
Can't seem to catch a break finding you guys at the right time. Will keep trying, though. If you see Grrowl74 playing any game except Fifa16(that's my son), please invite. Meanwhile - knifing a suicide bomber? That's not even 50/50, more like 90/10 for your team scraping you off the walls. Don't like them odds. I prefer looking at those c4 scuba divers through a scope.

Major Stains
01-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Meanwhile - knifing a suicide bomber? That's not even 50/50, more like 90/10 for your team scraping you off the walls. Don't like them odds. I prefer looking at those c4 scuba divers through a scope.

Shame I didn't think of capturing it...I had a good view of Bravo cutting him as I was bleeding out inside the train! lol
(I think 90/10 is generous)

Retro
01-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Got some great rounds in last night with Landshark, Peppy, SportsChamp, Matty and Freak.

Best moment was a certain MP being the last man standing, time running out and them throwing themselves off the roof a building and killing themselves rather than rappelling down. Classic.

Major Stains
01-19-2016, 02:41 PM
http://i.gifntext.com/34568-while-your-dead-squad-lie-watching-that.gif

GRRowl74
01-20-2016, 10:40 AM
I find I like to use Rook as operator during defense. I suspect it has to do with feeling a sense of purpose, usefulness for my squad. A bit of a fatherly moment there at the start, setting down a big bag of armour, like: "Get your kevlar here, lads." Bit of grey around the ears, might as well go with it.

But there's always someone though, who can't spare a second or two to be safe - just has to run outside in his pyjamas. Catch his death, he will. It might rain, you know. Bullets, certainly. Sicknote__49ers, he's like that. You know the type. Never wears a helmet riding his bike either, I suspect. Leaves us sitting at home with the bomb/hostage/mustard gas container, worried sick for him, while he runs off attacking the attackers. Mind you, he gets the job done. Wanna rack some kills, you better keep up. Fun guy to play with.(Major's gonna love that line.) Thanks for the games, man.

Tried a bit of Terrorist Hunt matchup too. What's up with people not talking? I mean, no prob hearing you breathe, and the occasional burp is excused, but a little "behind you!" or "I'm gonna throw this frag right now, so you might wanna move" would be much appreciated.

Oh, and - I killed my first teammate yesterday. One shot and he fell like a sack of potatoes. Did not anticipate that. He should really try to look less terroristy. Played on hard that time, does that mean no player markers? I guess it must, or I was more tired than I thought. Said I was sorry. Dude gave me the silent treatment. Unless he was still in character - as in, you know - dead. Oh well.

Major Stains
01-21-2016, 07:50 AM
I find I like to use Rook as operator during defense. I suspect it has to do with feeling a sense of purpose, usefulness for my squad. A bit of a fatherly moment there at the start, setting down a big bag of armour, like: "Get your kevlar here, lads." Bit of grey around the ears, might as well go with it.

But there's always someone though, who can't spare a second or two to be safe - just has to run outside in his pyjamas. Catch his death, he will. It might rain, you know. Bullets, certainly. Sicknote__49ers, he's like that. You know the type. Never wears a helmet riding his bike either, I suspect. Leaves us sitting at home with the bomb/hostage/mustard gas container, worried sick for him, while he runs off attacking the attackers. Mind you, he gets the job done. Wanna rack some kills, you better keep up. Fun guy to play with.(Major's gonna love that line.) Thanks for the games, man.

Tried a bit of Terrorist Hunt matchup too. What's up with people not talking? I mean, no prob hearing you breathe, and the occasional burp is excused, but a little "behind you!" or "I'm gonna throw this frag right now, so you might wanna move" would be much appreciated.

Oh, and - I killed my first teammate yesterday. One shot and he fell like a sack of potatoes. Did not anticipate that. He should really try to look less terroristy. Played on hard that time, does that mean no player markers? I guess it must, or I was more tired than I thought. Said I was sorry. Dude gave me the silent treatment. Unless he was still in character - as in, you know - dead. Oh well.

:becky: Brilliant War Story... love it! Thanks man, that cracked me up.

donhardeone
01-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Got some great rounds in last night with Landshark, Peppy, SportsChamp, Matty and Freak.

Best moment was a certain MP being the last man standing, time running out and them throwing themselves off the roof a building and killing themselves rather than rappelling down. Classic.

Hrm...which MP would do something like that. heh

Retro
01-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Hrm...which MP would do something like that. heh

Not who you think. (I promised SportsChamp I wouldn't say...... oops)

GRRowl74
01-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Might have played BF4 recently, and thought he still had his parachute on.

Major Stains
01-21-2016, 03:27 PM
Might have played BF4 recently, and thought he still had his parachute on.

I get that when playing SW:BF and no medic appears to revive me!

GRRowl74
01-22-2016, 06:23 AM
I. Love. This. Game!
Played through the situations ops and got to play the last mission - article 5, on campus. Always wanted to see an american college up close. Not exactly the tour I had in mind though. A bit - dim, so to speak. But the opening, and the ending cut - wow, that was just beautifully done. I mean, I grew up with games like Leisure Suit Larry, where the pixels were the size of a postage stamp. Well, maybe a bit smaller.

But this is awesome. Got to play with a few using mics. None talking at the start, as usual. They're shy, you know, bless their little hearts. But I did a little stand up rutine, and then a few of them mic'ed up - possibly to shut me up, what do I know.

It got a lot more interesting, not to mention fun - after that. Even the silent ones started listening and teaming up to play the objective. I love when that happens. Sadly, after completing article 5, I lost touch with my teammates, so I had to start over w matchup on TH. Can't help it, I love killing AI's. Except scuba divers, the b-stards. May they all trip on their shoelaces and blow themselves up.

Anyway, used the same tactic here, with much success. Ended up playing a team with 3 mic's and two silent types. Owned the MF AI's. Talk the talk, folks, then you walk the walk. Boom!

Btw - am I spamming this thread? Just let me know, I can take it. Or If I might be mouthing off in the wrong place, please redirect. My aims improving btw. I kill stuff now, and die less. True story.

(Oh, and if you're in the mood for some funny R6S-videos, take a look at H2ODelirious on youtube. He's got a couple vids up with a few full rounds. Great fun to watch, his team's hilarious.)

TonkaToys
01-22-2016, 07:05 AM
Keep on talking Grrowl - here and on your mic

It is good to see your stories

GRRowl74
01-22-2016, 07:22 AM
Thanks, Tonka! Btw - is there a war stories thread for BF4? Got a good one there.

Major Stains
01-22-2016, 07:54 AM
Btw - am I spamming this thread? Just let me know, I can take it. Or If I might be mouthing off in the wrong place, please redirect. My aims improving btw. I kill stuff now, and die less. True story.

Spam away GRRowl. Loving your narrative. Well, it beats hearing how good Tonkas football team are! :boxing: (eh, eh, caaalm down eh laaa)

And I look forward to hearing your story in the BF4 War Story (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?9824-Battlefield-4-War-Stories) thread.

DeadChaos
01-22-2016, 12:08 PM
I. Love. This. Game!
Played through the situations ops and got to play the last mission - article 5, on campus. Always wanted to see an american college up close. Not exactly the tour I had in mind though. A bit - dim, so to speak. But the opening, and the ending cut - wow, that was just beautifully done. I mean, I grew up with games like Leisure Suit Larry, where the pixels were the size of a postage stamp. Well, maybe a bit smaller.

But this is awesome. Got to play with a few using mics. None talking at the start, as usual. They're shy, you know, bless their little hearts. But I did a little stand up rutine, and then a few of them mic'ed up - possibly to shut me up, what do I know.

It got a lot more interesting, not to mention fun - after that. Even the silent ones started listening and teaming up to play the objective. I love when that happens. Sadly, after completing article 5, I lost touch with my teammates, so I had to start over w matchup on TH. Can't help it, I love killing AI's. Except scuba divers, the b-stards. May they all trip on their shoelaces and blow themselves up.

Anyway, used the same tactic here, with much success. Ended up playing a team with 3 mic's and two silent types. Owned the MF AI's. Talk the talk, folks, then you walk the walk. Boom!

(Oh, and if you're in the mood for some funny R6S-videos, take a look at H2ODelirious on youtube. He's got a couple vids up with a few full rounds. Great fun to watch, his team's hilarious.)

All I remember from Leisure Suit Larry back in the day was getting aids from the same prostitute multiple times.

GRRowl74
01-22-2016, 12:50 PM
All I remember from Leisure Suit Larry back in the day was getting aids from the same prostitute multiple times.

Good times.

GRRowl74
01-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Picture this. Defense. You're securing the hostage, locking down da house. Reinforced walls going up, boobytraps drilled in, barricading doors. You know the drill, the whole place sounds like a busy construction site.

I'm boarding up the room next to the room with the hostage, cuz it's a nice vantage point on the long corridor leading to the stairs, and there's a platform right outside the window there, so that's a popular spot for AI enemies to attack. I've personally plucked down quite a few terrorists queing up outside the window to get iced. It's fun, in a fish-in-a-barrel kind of way. Only these fish shoot back. Not very good on "normal", but they do shoot.

Anyway, so I'm going about my business, hammering and screwing away, teammates popping in and out of the room on their different errands. I must have forgotten to pay attention to the timer, cuz I see a teammate in the corner of my eye, and he's just standing there. I remember thinking - hm, that's odd, and I'm just about to tell him to go board up that last window, I was just about to do it myself.

Then I realize he's not my teammate. He's just standing there, like - not looking straight at me for a second, as if Harry Potter just lent me his magic blankie. Just past him, I see his colleague poking his gun through the window - the same window my current "roommate" climbed through just a second ago, the same window I f-ing forgot to board up in time.

And then it all happens at once, they start shooting, I yell to my team "They're here! They're here! They're in here! With me! I thought it was a teammate, I thought it was one of you!" Of course they say nothing, carrying on like it's just that annoying neighbour making a racket again.

So I'm yelling for help, backing away from the window and my newfound "roomie", shooting up the place like a western saloon, bullets flying everywhere, and finally, by sheer dumb luck (didn't even L2, I was so freaked out) I manage to kill the terrorist standing right in front of me. Then I reload. And proceed to shoot his mate waiting patiently in the window like a friggin' hot dog vendor.

Smoke, blood, broken glass and flying woodchips settling around me, I finally get a response from my team:

"You allright, Grrowl?"

Yeah. Never mind. I'm good.

Major Stains
01-22-2016, 04:08 PM
I hope he offered you some mustard and onions with that hotdog! Lol
That'll learn you for keeping your poor neighbours awake...

GRRowl74
01-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Bad day for mic marines, the radio rangers, the hifi heroes, backtalk brigade. Complete radio silence. Only speakers I was able to find during my rounds were a couple of frenchmen. And they talked. All. The. Time. Of course they were speaking french, so I couldn't understand them. But I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me. Sounded much like the french at the end of Monty Python's Holy Grail. " I fart in your general direction!" Silly people.

Major Stains
01-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Silly people.

http://i.giphy.com/pZXqPpygK0lAk.gif

GRRowl74
01-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Hahaha - that's the one. Gold.

Major Stains
01-26-2016, 08:21 AM
Thanks to Spike, Treedom, and Remec for the quick games last night.

It had been a good few days since I'd played this and I was still in 'super twitchy panic' mode after a long weekend of BF4. Add in the fact it was stoopid o'clock which meant I was mute (as in no mic, not the operator Mute) and I proved to be of little help getting us through those hard modes later on.

@Spike, if only I knew the international sign language for "shoot me in the foot because I'm pretty f'ked up here" lol.

Still, this game is fantastic to go back to, especially with a group of MPeeps watching your 6...

GRRowl74
01-26-2016, 08:54 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160126/86f4399a88e66b369e5c443b76caa6cb.jpg

Nice! Envy you the MP teammates. Mute randoms with the occational halfhearted mic just isn't the same.

Major Stains
01-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Before I lock this thread because of vicious rumours that I team-killed a MP on our first meet, I just want to say thanks to those that squaded up last night.

As a loyal MP, I felt it was my duty to ease the suffering of a comrade in peril as a suicide bomber came charging in. OK you probably had it covered, but it was for the best! It's how I would want to go out...Lol
It wasn't the best start on my behalf, having to bail on GRRowl because of a family drama. But we managed to get back into a decent squad a little later.

TPH, DeadChaos, and Art joined us and it was good to fill a squad.
This is one game that takes me a while to get back into, my brain races ahead and I end up doing the stupidest things that get me killed.

Practise, practise.

Thanks again guys.

GRRowl74
01-27-2016, 06:06 AM
Well, Major, as much as I'd like to say that I had my crosshairs trained between the eyes of that heavy breathing squba diver, C4-lugging monster, finger pressing down on the trigger, ice running through my vains as my cool head analyzed the situation with lightning clarity - I think we both know that statement would fall into the same credibility category as Bill Clintons famous "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Truth is, by that point my eyes were closed, my bullets were busy making holes in the ceiling, and I was blindly backing the hell up, probably right into your line of sight. Wouldn't even have noticed the TK if it hadn't been for the kill cam. Those bombers - even the sound of one running against me almost makes me forget my name. Fact is it felt kinda good seeing your name and Ashes face on the kill screen rather than that generic "Terrorist" and a picture of a cloud of debris settling on the floor.

All the same, I'm still looking to pay you back. Has to be genuine though, can't be on purpose. With my excellent team protection skills I gather we don't have to wait that long. Btw - kid issues are understandable, that's why we're MPs to begin with, right?

Aside from getting shot in the head by the Major (our second meet tho, did you forget? I'd be hurt - if I wasn't dead already ;)), I also for the first time had the pleasure of playing a few rounds with a full team of MPs yesterday. It was exactly as fun as I had hoped it would be. Just sorry I didn't get to play with you longer - kid issues on my end as well. Youngest hasn't yet quite mastered the art of staying asleep till morning.

Still great fun, thanks to all - Articudo, DsBurton, DeadChaos, TPH7 and Major Stains. Awesome teammates, look forward to the next time already.

Last night still got me a bit annoyed at this game I've come to love. The whole business of teaming up with friends just seems way more complicated than it should be. There's definately room for improvement.

Meeting folks with mics have proven to be a challenge. They're hard to find, and when I do, they don't talk much, or don't care to cooperate. So teaming up with you guys is an awesome contrast to going it alone with randoms.

Also got to play a few rounds of PVP, which I seldom do since me and a few randoms get picked off like fish in a barrel against a half decent team. Playing with MPs however is a different story - and a victorious story at that. (Wow, do I ever shut up? Jury's out, but I'm done now anyway.)

A good evening, good gaming in good company. Good to be an MP.

Major Stains
01-27-2016, 05:01 PM
Starting a party on the PS as opposed to in game is usually the more reliable way to go if there are a few of you on. As there isn't a breakdown in communication if you get kicked etc. And those who have to stay quiet because of the nippers can still ping a few texts in the party.

Thanks again for the games GRRowl...
and if your eyes were closed how did you know it was our second date?

GRRowl74
01-28-2016, 03:01 AM
and if your eyes were closed how did you know it was our second date?

[emoji33][emoji23][emoji23]

Not familiar with the PS party function - can you join/start a game directly from there?

Major Stains
01-28-2016, 11:33 AM
[emoji33][emoji23][emoji23]

Not familiar with the PS party function - can you join/start a game directly from there?

You can start a PS party from the RS MP Community, or directly, but not in the R6 game. You have to back out to the home screen and invite people.
Battlefront however does allow you to start a party from within the game but still takes you to the same screen. Go figure!
There is a party text feature in the same lobby, but the joy of the 'mass' text is those who join late can see all the fun they missed!

GRRowl74
02-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Note to self: when throwing back a frag grenade, don't just pick it up. Throw it.

DeadChaos
02-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Note to self: when throwing back a frag grenade, don't just pick it up. Throw it.

I've done that but just to "test" how long it takes to explode...well that's what I tell myself. :wink:

GRRowl74
02-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Yes, I've heard you can "cook" them, as I understand it's called in badass geek/army lingo. Might be worth a try, since they take forever to explode, and even AIs know they should get out of the way.

On another note - have any of you played with Bandit at all? He can electrify reinforced walls, but also barbed wire. That last one is quite cool. In some maps, like the bank - there are a few places where you can punch through the floor to get to the vault. AIs love to come through the ceiling. Guess they don't like stairs. So, I put a bundle of barbed wire on the elevator, where the ceiling can be breached - and electrified it. Thing about barbed wire is you have to reach it to smash it. So these guys just jumped right in, and started doing the electric boogie. Seldom had grunts of pain give me so much smug satisfaction. Pretty much just to pluck'em down after that. Even got a few kills purely electric. From basically a car battery. That's gotta be a slow and painful way to go.

Major Stains
02-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Even got a few kills purely electric. From basically a car battery. That's gotta be a slow and painful way to go.

I can't believe that's enough to kill a man...
Hell Southtown even clamps one to his nipples for shits'n'giggles!

Can't wait to join MP Death Squad after a long week working away. See you out there.

GRRowl74
02-05-2016, 01:35 AM
This is what I'm going for. (Video: xKrayZee)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv-Rvx7h8yI

DeadChaos
02-05-2016, 05:13 AM
I had an epic game last night which ended in a tense win, 6-5. We lost most defence rounds as the bomb kept spawning in the garage of the house map so made life easy for the attackers to locate. Played a terrorist hunt after but 1st round ended in disaster as I was killed early by that blue light terrorist breathing down my neck. I did not run, I did not hide, stood my ground and empty a clip into him but unfortunately he still owned my ass. 2nd game, defending the hostage, we won. Hostage was well protected as there was 3 shields deployed around him so terrorists had no clear line of sight on him.

REMEC87
02-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Had some fun custom games last night with friends of Spike's. I appreciate the invite...this game is fun lone wolfing it but absolutely amazing when playing in a big group.

Spike Forehand
02-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Had some fun custom games last night with friends of Spike's. I appreciate the invite...this game is fun lone wolfing it but absolutely amazing when playing in a big group.

Yeah - that was a lot of fun. That guy Rowdy and his buddies crack me up. They got a big group - like 15 or so guys (and girls) - and I think they've been doing those custom games every night. Fun as shit. I think some of them are ex- or current military or something.

Major Stains
02-06-2016, 09:48 AM
-Terrorist Hunt
-Protect the Hostage
-Hard
-Presidential Plane

5 man squad defended first two waves.
Wave 3/3, last two operators are Bravo Six and I.
Bravo is down, I see him crawling towards me, bleeding out.
Under a hail of suppression fire I crawl towards him to revive my fallen teamate.
The hostage is under fire.
My shield prevents me from being able to revive Bravo (he looks a mess, dipping out of consiousness, mumbling about his loved ones back home, blood pumps out of mutliple flesh wounds).
The hostage has been hit too.
I panic, I hit the wrong button, I kill my teamate. A clean shot in the face. He is dead.
I stand tall, then feel a sharp pain, then no pain, a light, then dark, so dark.
I'm dead.
We lost.

That is all.

GRRowl74
02-06-2016, 10:26 AM
How do you confuse R2 with the square button, Major? Was this at 4 AM scoping through the bottom of a whisky bottle? [emoji6]

Sympathies for standing up, though. I do that all the time - so sure I was standing already.

Major Stains
02-06-2016, 10:52 AM
How do you confuse R2 with the square button, Major?

I can remember what shape a square is from my kids colour chart on the wall.
As for R2, you've lost me already with that crazy gamers lingo of yours!

Bravo's overwhelming silence on the mic replaced what should have been a "DUDE! WHAT THE FUCK?"

GRRowl74
02-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Apologies. "R2" should always first and foremost be the chum name of our most favourite deodorant shaped SW robot.

DeadChaos
02-06-2016, 01:42 PM
This is the crap I had to deal with last night......did not bug out it with all the operators though. My team mates probably thought I was an idiot crawling around on the floor as it was the only way I could see something.

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/12646863_10154104832977150_7828640532190422590_o.j pg

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/12525367_10154104831892150_8346207038059899237_o.j pg

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/12657759_10154104830912150_8507419419262146362_o.j pg

GRRowl74
02-07-2016, 05:42 AM
Man, that's a pain to play through, DC.

Thanks to every MP I had the chance to play with last night; DeadChaos, Articudo, Major S, Remec, Rowdy and his mate, I forget his name but he's a good egg. Saved my butt a few times. Got some really great rounds in, lots of fun. Damn that time difference, I've been paying the price this morning. This game truly shines through coop, and gets even better the more you get to know your teammates. We're still more about triage than strategy, I think - but we're getting there. And there truly is a lot more fun to be had in a major f*ckup (no relation, Major S. Or is there?) than in a well oiled swat operation.

DeadChaos
02-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Did not have that bug last night so I assume it only happens on the new map but today I encounter this one.....guy looks like he is moving on of those eboard contraptions. When he crouches or runs you can see his gun but that black figure still blocks his entire body.

http://youtu.be/Zj12ubSfKgc

Spike Forehand
02-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Great times again last night playing custom matches with Remec and Rowdy and his crew. So much fun when you get a group of 10 with similar skills and match up. Some real nailbiters. In one match, our team went down 0-2, won three straight to make it 3-2, then lost two straight for a crushing defeat.

GRRowl74
02-11-2016, 07:27 AM
So I run around a corner. Yeah, I know. Shouldn't be doing that. Damn well shouldn't be doing that with 7 pst health in a TH round on hard. Not while reloading, anyway. And of course, there's an AI crouched behind a moveable shield with a shotgun, just aiming wherever and kills me dead before I even see him. But here's the kicker. As I'm lying sprawled out on the floor, killcam showing me in slowmo just how stupid I look in my last moments on this digital earth, the terrorist decides to rub my face in it and yells:

- Spec ops my ass!

Now that's just rude. Not to mention hilarious. Kudos to whoever thought of that one, Ubi. Nailed it.

DeadChaos
02-11-2016, 08:02 AM
haha, now that you mentioned that I remember the wife earlier this week. She was chatting away while I'm in a gun fight so naturally I died trying to register her words in my brain while being fired upon. The terrorist said something which I did not pay attention too.....trying to contain my rage. Next she said:"did that guy just say I'll jump on your cock" lol. I was thinking to myself maybe if you kept quiet then we could of heard what he said.

GRRowl74
02-11-2016, 03:24 PM
she said:"did that guy just say I'll jump on your cock" lol.

Man, I'm dying to find out what he really said. [emoji38]

Literally, I suppose I have to.

Major Stains
02-14-2016, 06:12 AM
Thanks to Bravo for enduring my abysmal performance last night.
Not only is my mic still waiting for replacement parts, so I was my usual mute self.
I should have probably been fast asleep after a long day celebrating my youngest sons 7th Birthday (and a longer week working outside), but it was midnight and I fancied a few rounds.

But boy was I struggling. Maybe a few glimpses of brilliance, but I was usually picked off super early in most rounds by the cunning enemy.

Thanks for the games Bravo. Next time I shall strive for victory.

GRRowl74
02-14-2016, 08:15 AM
TH or MP, Major?

I find I get slaughtered in most MP matches. Casual my ass. Had a round where half my team had a clearance level of less than 20, up against a team where all players were 80+, top player at 110.

Spike Forehand
02-14-2016, 09:35 AM
TH or MP, Major?

I find I get slaughtered in most MP matches. Casual my ass. Had a round where half my team had a clearance level of less than 20, up against a team where all players were 80+, top player at 110.

I think my K/D in multiplayer right now is .2 - lol. That being said, I did get in a pretty well organized team a couple nights ago and we went something like 4-2 in 6 matches and it was very rewarding. You can still find some decent teams to play against.

GRRowl74
02-14-2016, 12:32 PM
True, Spike. Played MP with a full mic squad a few times, where people actually listen and work together, instead of running off to bleed out in some faraway corner of the map. Didn't win much, but it was still fun. That's kind of the point, IMO. Best would of course be to have a pool of 10 players split into two teams, and go costum rounds against eachother, then maybe change the teams around a bit after some rounds to shake things up. But that sort of thing isn't exactly organized in a heartbeat.

Major Stains
02-14-2016, 02:55 PM
TH or MP, Major?

The first few rounds were Ranked MP. Not sure where you see clearance levels, but we got pretty roughed up.
Casual was still pretty tough but it at least felt like we had a chance.
I fell into the trap of not going to sleep until we had a win, which invariably led to a later night than expected! LOL

I find that TH gets easier the more you play it because you get an idea of the AI patterns.
A few MPs on a squad usually secure a win on hard unless a few get taken out by a crazy, sprinting, wheezing, muthafather!

Multiplayer throws in a miriad of variables that can turn sour real quick.
Still a cracking game though.

GRRowl74
02-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Not sure where you see clearance levels

The whaddayacallit - the big fat button in front of the thumbsticks. Then just click on a player. Or don't, if you prefer no intel. ;)

Major Stains
02-14-2016, 05:12 PM
The whaddayacallit - the big fat button in front of the thumbsticks. ;)

Aah, I wondered if the 'whaddyacallit' did anything ever since I bought the console.
I always thought it was a faulty room service button on my DS4.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm lost ever since they stopped putting instruction manuals inside the box. Tight bastards, sod the trees.

GRRowl74
02-17-2016, 06:38 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160217/481b9acb333f3a4ffee87db72e52fd82.jpg

New personal best on defense, with my favourite D-man Bandit.

Getting better at placing the shock wires now. Think I frustrated my team when we were all waiting in the cellar - all dressed up, and no guests at the party. Just the steady grunts, groans, shrieks and screams of pain from the distance, slowly but surely buzzing points and kills my way. Probably got even more unpopular as I picked off the few lucky ones who made it past my most efficient buzz barriers ever.

23 kills, one assist. Next guy on the list killed 5, and that's only cuz they finally in frustration ran upstairs past one of my installations to head them off before the rest got shocked too. They should love me though, cuz that's the way of Rainbow team - "no I in team" and whatnot. Most randoms don't get that.

Bandit, I tell ya. What a shocker.

Grrowl out.

Spike Forehand
02-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Bandit, I tell ya. What a shocker.

I also use Bandit quite a bit as well - a little differently in MP than in TH.

-Electrified razor-wire when doing TH - put it at most likely passage points and you will rack up points - sounds like that's what you do?

- In MP, I'll electrify the walls to make it so both Thermite and Thatcher are needed to take down a wall.

GRRowl74
02-17-2016, 12:20 PM
-Electrified razor-wire when doing TH - put it at most likely passage points and you will rack up points - sounds like that's what you do?

Pretty much. Along with electrifying walls and trapdoors. The trapdoors are actually better than wire if they're in a corridor or similar - because the AIs can't break them. Wire will eventually break, usually if a bomber gets trapped there, his armour keeps him alive long enough for him to break it. Trapdoors I guess will be a good option for MP aswell, at least if the battery isn't in plain view.

- In MP, I'll electrify the walls to make it so both Thermite and Thatcher are needed to take down a wall.

Good tip, thanks. I find it's a nice combo if you have Frost on your team, to hide her welcome mat with electric wire. Or electrify a shield in a doorway and have her put the mat behind it. Not sure if you can electrify the mat itself though.

Major Stains
02-19-2016, 03:04 AM
Thanks to Grrrrrrowl and Coach for the great games last night. They were good fun.
Hopefully get my mic sorted tonight, so I will be more help on the comms side of things.
It was nice to game with MPs again after a spell away.
Good times

GRRowl74
02-19-2016, 06:26 AM
Grrreat fun, as always, Major. And Coach too. MPs for the win!

DeadChaos
02-22-2016, 02:50 PM
.....and a scene from Titanic.

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/12779168_10154140294637150_2404337975683316402_o.j pg

GRRowl74
02-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Doubt his heart will go on.

DeadChaos
02-24-2016, 07:51 AM
Thought I play a quick two TH matches last night and surprisingly it went quite well....

http://youtu.be/xqPTMTZFcEs

GRRowl74
02-24-2016, 08:54 AM
What, he didn't like your interior design? A true wood panel man at heart?

But seriously - what a complete moron. Or should I say ultimate moron.

Spike Forehand
02-24-2016, 09:12 AM
At least you accomplished the "Quick" part of the matches.

DeadChaos
02-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Don't know if I should just hang/shake my head or break my controller. Extremely frustrating especially if you just want a quick match. After that random shooting I joined another round and just before the match starts, "disconnected from host" so I thought screw this, going to bed.

DeadChaos
02-24-2016, 10:12 AM
What, he didn't like your interior design? A true wood panel man at heart?

But seriously - what a complete moron. Or should I say ultimate moron.

haha yes, it would be quite interesting to know how he picks his victims or maybe he has something against the French police.

GRRowl74
02-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Randoms! Aargh! They literally kill me. And figuratively as well, let's not forget. TKs, kicking without reason or warning, virtually no mics, and the few there are either are all French(no offense, just no communication) or some teen beatboxing Bieber while taking the defuser on a walkabout.

Some dipshit I actually friended a few weeks ago - my mistake - killed off half our team, said he was sorry, then went for his tea. Left his player standing there like a friggin mannequin.

Later I had another run-in with a bomber on Hereford base. Broke a window, and suddenly we were eye to eye - or at least gasmask to strange Outbreak-ish hoodie thingy. I backed up, tossing a few frags in - miraculously missing the window frame, and impressively killing a terrorist too. Not the bomber though.

Heard him legging it outside, breathing like an old pony with a cold. I see him coming around the corner. It's at night, so the lights are flashing intensely, metal sounds of his gear clonking together while he's running. Been there a hundred times. This is where I raise my gun too slow, run out of bullets, or just plain miss. I hastily assess my choices, fight or flight. I go for the latter, embracing my only advantage - I'm still outside.

Running like the devil's on my six - which is not too far from the truth - I realise my plan has a few weak spots.

One - I don't know where I'm running. It's dark, and let's face it, this game doesn't invite you to explore the outside of the buildings. This means a dead end - pun intended - could be just around the corner.

Two - have absolutely NO idea how fast the bomber runs, or how long he runs before he does something else. Like sit down and try to catch his breath like a normal person.

So at this point I'm just running, painfully aware that if I spin around to shoot, I'll probably be spread across the grass like a crop duster before I even get his ugly head in my acog sights. I do a bit of slalom between the concrete plate walls in the back yard, praying against probability that one of my random teammates are still outside and ready to put my pursuer to bed.

Lo and behold - ahead of me I see my saviour, crouched, weapon ready, aiming in my direction. I run towards him, the incessant beeping from armed explosives scratching in my ears, deep breathing doom closing in. I'm just a few feet away when it hits me. He's not there.

Damned irresponsible random. Probably he's having his tea, or he's on the phone with his mate saying hey, guess what I'm looking at! This guy's trying to outrun a bomber! Hah! Guess who got the last laugh though - cos I just kept on running.

Right past him. Oops. Sorry.

Grrowl out.

Major Stains
02-24-2016, 05:47 PM
Brilliant. GRRowls memoirs have me in stitches.
If you ever release some Graphic Novels depicting the 'Highs and Lows of the Hapless Operator' then put me down for a few copies.

DeadChaos
02-25-2016, 07:11 AM
I think RB6 should keep track of how many friendlies you kill and how often then start penalizing the player by deducting renown. Points penalties is not punishment!

GRRowl74
02-25-2016, 07:12 AM
Word.

SheepDog320
02-25-2016, 06:12 PM
So debating this or the division. I guess my question does this game have staying power (tired of buying games and no one plays after a week). Are there a good many ps4 players playing?

GRRowl74
02-26-2016, 03:00 AM
Well, depends on what you're after. Division is another kind of game which demands a bit more effort and commitment, I think. R6:Siege is more a round by round game. Sure, it's way better if you have a group of friends to make up a squad a few times a week. Alone with the randoms it's a coin toss. You might get a great gaming experience, and you might not. Personally my game time doesn't allow me to get too invested in a game, I need to be able to put it down on short notice and not feel like I'm abandoning my team. I guess the Division is more immersive, more is at risk (and reward) - but also it takes up more of your time. Not played it, though - just from reading about it, watching vids and played somewhat similar games. Staying power is hard to say - it seems to be quite popular from the beta.

As for R6:S staying power I'd say it has a good chance of lasting. Replay value is good, TH mode is entertaining for those of us who die quickly in MP. And there's an opening for real competitive matches like what CoDs doing. That kind of thing attracts more players. In the end it comes down to how dedicated Ubisoft is to this game. If they keep renewing it, it has a fighting chance. It is by far the best coop tactical shooter on the market IMO. Player numbers are good, I think. More on multiplayer.

DeadChaos
02-26-2016, 05:36 AM
I'm level 46 in RB6 and also played the beta of The Division but think I will be sticking with RB6 for now as it suits me better. Felt that The Division is going to be more of a grind and watching several videos of later content in the game it all looks the same to me. I had a bad time in the DZ zone meaning if you solo or don't have the gear you are going to be annihilated. I emptied a shot gun on a player from behind and he simply turned around and gunned me down in a few seconds, try taking cover and someone else will blast you from the other side. I do not want to die repeatedly just to be on par with other player's, guns and gear wise. Playing with others is great but I want to be able too hold my own aswell when playing solo.

Yes, there are loads of idiots on RB6 that can make you rage but those idiots will be in DZ zone of The Division aswell just waiting to steal your loot or just be *&$%. I get the whole tension thing of losing your gear and trusting other players but dying and then re-spawning, running back to your corpse to retrieve your items before being stolen and then dying again, rinse and repeat while someone is either camping your corpse or the extraction zone...it's just not my thing especially with time constraints.

If you enjoy RPG's, The Division is for you and it seems loads of guys on here are going to play it. If you after a tactical game then RB6 won't disappoint but like Grrowl said playing with randoms is hit or miss. I've had several games with organized guys even without mics but I've also had games with selfish players only concerned with their own agenda but to be honest I have experienced that in most multiplayer games so it's nothing new. Only difference here is that you rely heavily on your team.

It all depends really how many on here is going to leave RB6 for The Division.

Major Stains
02-26-2016, 10:32 AM
So debating this or the division. I guess my question does this game have staying power (tired of buying games and no one plays after a week). Are there a good many ps4 players playing?

Tricky knowing if this has the staying power amongst MPs.
Looking at the amount of dedication taken to get the most out of The Division, I can well imagine there will be a definite shift of numbers towards that game.

But RS:6 is superb and takes Team MPs top slot as Game of 2015 (as The Division will no doubt be this years GotY). It has its faults, but as the previous posts describe so well, it is a rip snorter of a game if you are with MPs. Unbeatable suspense.

I'm really torn on The Division. Having it on preorder at £40 and seeing the Gold version at £60. I'm just not sure how much time I will end up putting into it, as I sadly fell out of love with Destiny quite quick because of my lack of patience with the RPG format. Hope I'm wrong, and The Division strikes a happy balance.

You will be guaranteed MP numbers on The Division, I've made a start on the ACP and it is looking to be a well patronised game on the PS4 around these parts.

But, you can't deny yourself the pleasures of RS:6 either. That would be just wrong.

Either way. Hope to see you in either or both.

Failing that, shoot me an invite on BF4, Hardline, GTAV, anything. It's been too long since we had a game Sheep.

GRRowl74
02-26-2016, 10:51 AM
- it is a rip snorter of a game if you are with MPs.

Have to google that one to be sure, but it sounds about right.

GRRowl74
02-26-2016, 05:03 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160226/5d281c27449adb9437213544156f1cf6.jpg

Frag legs

I'm not a good cook. I mean, I can make a passable meal, but none of my dinner guests will usually refer to the food when asked what was the high point of the evening. So - starting out - I know any task involving me cooking anything I've never cooked before is a high risk enterprise. If this thing I'm supposed to cook also has the additional risk of exploding, this of course means I'm not the man for the job.

This in mind, when I've heard of this sport among my fellow operators - wherein one "cooks" ones frag grenades, - aka pulling the pin and waiting a good long while before tossing them - I have most selfpreservingly kept quiet and left this dangerous activity to tougher, more tattooed men than I.

Yesterday, much to my surprise, I too became part of this butch party of danger-be-damned individuals.

The operator: Sledge (duh!)
The game mode: Disarm Bomb
The Map: The Bank
The Squad: The Mad Skilled Badass Randoms, ranging from clearance level 80 to 150. And me.

Fade in on the second floor office space. At first glance it looks like any old office, with your traditional half-walls dividing the desk spaces of not so well-paid employees of the banking business. In a corner a printer. A water cooler. A strangely out of place potted plant of the tropical persuation. And a big red bomb, complete with smoke, flashing lights and heart monitor beeping. If you look closer, there should be a red wire and a blue wire. Whatever you do, don't cut the blue wire. Or the red. One of them, at least.

Not important, because this team comes equipped with the latest in SWAT bomb defusing technology: The B.Y.S. Big Yellow Suitcase. And, after much wondering and bodily hinting from my experienced teammates - it became clear that I, yours truly, was the bearer of this most precious piece of high tech equipment.

The room had been professionally breached and cleared, the remains of the cardboardfaced villans lay in each corner of the spacious office, a fresh coat of arterial blood quietly drying on the walls, as my team of stout soldiers stood patiently watching, anticipating my next move.

The only thing left to do was to place the B.Y.S. beside the bomb, type in some random magic row of numbers, and then survive the next 45 or so seconds. A simple enough task, set in motion by pressing and holding the square button on the controller.

What posessed me to press and hold the L1 button instead, I will never know.

It's a strange feeling, when you're expecting your virtual hands to pull the B.Y.S. out of a pocket and start typing - when instead my man Sledge holds up a frag grenade, pulls the pin - and proceeds to keep holding it in his hand. This is of course facilitated by the fact that I'm still holding L1. And that's when it dawns on me that it might be a good idea to get rid of it.

Now, there is a few things to consider before you toss a live grenade in any direction in an office space like this. Having placed myself in the center of the room, the distance to eligable doors and windows is past the NBA limit. The room is also filled with desks and dividers, which normally wouldn't be a problem with a tall operator like Sledge and any half decent throwing arm. But you see, I'm currently crouched. And in my hand, the grenade is "cooking".

To make matters worse, my team of seasoned war veterans had spread themselves evenly around the room to best be able to fend off the attackers - that would indeed be attacking - if I had in fact set up the B.Y.S. and not instead surprised us all by freezing up with a grenade held in front of me like the skull of prince Hamlets dear Yorick (I knew him well). Their formation left little to no room for misfired grenades to be thrown without decimating or at the very least taking a limb off one or more of my Badass allies.

This is when I start to panic. How long can a grenade cook? Anyone know? I feel there should be a timer or something. I feverishly spin around a few times, desperately searching for the safe way out of this explosive situation. My team is now growing somewhat restless with uncertainty, slowly coming to realise they have a moron in their midst. Maybe they're hoping the grenade in my hand proves to be what I'm currently proving to be.
A dud.

Muscle memory being what it is, it kicks in to try and save my too slowly thawing mind. With the dexterity of an arthritic T-Rex, I press buttons and move thumbsticks completely without plan or purpose. As a result, Sledge runs up to the nearest office divider, jumps at it, then chucks the grenade smack into the wall, bouncing it back in my face where it finally puts me out of my misery.

The killcam was downright painful to watch.

Never have I been more relieved to be the only one on a team using a mic. Never have I been more quiet.

Thankfully, I seemed to be the only casualty of this embarrassment. My team, though a bit bewildered by current events, went on to complete the mission successfully. I felt it was appropriate to leave them at this point, somewhat consoled by the fact that I at least left them with a good story to tell.

The one about the cook and the frag legs. Medium rare.

Grrowl out.

Major Stains
02-26-2016, 07:28 PM
:caked::tongue (2):

A truly delicious plate of MP style gaming served up with a slice of hilarity on the side.

I wasn't prepared to laugh out load so much that when I tried to hold it in a snot bubble ballooned from my nose! Too funny man, too funny.

You would have been in fine company of fellow 'Chefs' with Chaos and my failed attempt of playing the game tonight. My lowest point walking backwards into an open floor hatch where upon I fell into the middle of a Terrorist Convention.
Not recommended.

Great War Story thanks GRRowler!

GRRowl74
02-27-2016, 02:37 AM
My lowest point walking backwards into an open floor hatch where upon I fell into the middle of a Terrorist Convention

Beautiful. [emoji122]

DeadChaos
02-27-2016, 06:13 AM
lol GRRowl, you should have recorder and uploaded that clip for our amusement. I had a terrible time last night, trying my best to sneak, run, dive and whatever it took but failed miserably. Can't remember which operator I used but it was the plane map and one of my fellow operators was behind when I attempted to break the barrier but instead threw a flash bang. Now luckily no one died due to this mishap but the guy must of thought what an idiot he is lol.

Spike Forehand
02-27-2016, 09:36 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160226/5d281c27449adb9437213544156f1cf6.jpg

Frag legs

I'm not a good cook.

Great war story. Thanks Grrowl.

GRRowl74
02-27-2016, 10:12 AM
- one of my fellow operators was behind when I attempted to break the barrier but instead threw a flash bang.

The great (not) thing about botched flashbang throws is those awkward seconds where you both stand very still waiting to be able to see something again. It's that wonderful Police Academy feeling.

Bravo6
02-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Just for the record. Last Night I have a second melee kill on Suicide Bomber. :amen:

Major Stains
02-29-2016, 02:00 PM
Just for the record. Last Night I have a second melee kill on Suicide Bomber. :amen:

Man, what do you eat for breakfast? I need some.

Thanks to Bravo, Chaos, Spike, Helmethead, and any others I forgot for joining us over the weekend.
It was the first time I've played properly in a few weeks and I just got destroyed. Not just in MP but TH/ Hard was giving me a kicking too!
I think everybody (including the AI) has been practicing, because I just sucked big donkey balls all night long!

There were several low points, but as Bravo will testify, the lowest was on a TH/ Hard - Protect the Hostage.
We had managed to defend through Wave 3 taking some pretty heavy damage. The next wave came through and it built from a steady push to an all out assault in seconds. There was smoke, explosions, hit markers firing in and zapping my health from my now prone position as far under the furniture as I could get. The grey shadowy enemy moved in to the hostage and one got to them, they stood over the hostage and as I took aim to pick them off, they slumped down to the ground, taken out by friendly fire. My bullets fly straight past where they were stood and onto a now, very worried looking Eminem in handcuffs.
The hostage slowly fell to the ground, the game ended with the sound of my teammates exclaiming WTF! and other utterances of confusion.
I knew the fate of the hostage straight away, then my team soon found out as it flashed up on the screen..."Major Stains shot the Hostage"...FUCK!...

But thanks again for the good games gentlemen.
As they say, "Misery Loves Company".

GRRowl74
02-29-2016, 02:11 PM
Awesome, Major! Poor Eminem. That being said, he should blame himself for getting kidnapped all the time. There's only so much an operator can do.

Incidentally and with no apparent link whatsoever: I killed my first terrorist with the Sledgehammer yesterday! Somewhat disturbing sound, but very efficient. I'm gonna try it on Benny the Bomber first chance I get. Just hope he isn't wearing a helmet under that ugly hood.

DeadChaos
03-03-2016, 06:43 AM
Win a game of TH on realistic.....omg. I have probably played over 15+ matches on realistic and have lost them ALL. My stats and confidence are taking a serious dent due to this trophy. How in the hell do you not revive someone on such a difficulty. Went to revive someone last night but a terrorist ambushed me and then two of us laid on the floor bleeding out. Out of the 3 players left, no one made any attempt to revive us and as a result they failed miserable because trying to finish this with only 3 members is near impossible.

These terrorists are some kind of universal soldiers, firing as soon as you just break a barrier even if you sneak up on them, some even shooting you from across the map instantly taking 80% of your health off. I played with Blitz, flashed an enemy, moved up to bang his ass with my chocolate chip cookie shield and he simply melee'ed me with one shot straight into the afterlife. At that point I just turned of the console and went to bed pondering how the *&%$* I'm going to finish a match on realistic.

Anyone else have any success on realistic?

GRRowl74
03-03-2016, 06:59 AM
Anyone else have any success on realistic?

No success on realistic no. Never live long enough to make a dent, much because so many of my random teamies still think running in blind is the best strategy. Yeah, why bother with drones and mics. Gonna die anyway, might as well do it right away.

You describe it well. Should be called UNrealistic, or even "Impossible". Should be - at least - one more difficulty level between hard and realistic.

DeadChaos
03-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Problem is, if someone uses their drone, others need to protect him. I have died 3 times while using my drone in the spawn point, yes, spawn point, laying down behind cover and yet these terrorist miraculously still know where I am. When the blood starts spraying on you screen don't even bother, just die as you have no chance of still coming out of the drone view to protect yourself.

GRRowl74
03-04-2016, 03:54 AM
I have died 3 times while using my drone in the spawn point, yes, spawn point, laying down behind cover and yet these terrorist miraculously still know where I am.

This seems to be a problem on several maps. I read the information about the new patch, and it seems they've adressed this here - moving spawn points out of view and or adding stuff to the scenery to block sightlines to the spawn points.

Side note - I am in dire need of a good mic'ed up team to get some results on multiplayer - ranked or casual, no matter. Or even TH. Fed up with randoms in TH messing up my game. I need - I _crave_ good co-op. Lately I'm lucky to find even one mic on a squad, and that usually just leads to me listening to some nitwit eating cereal or something. Grr.

Major Stains
03-04-2016, 07:45 AM
This seems to be a problem on several maps. I read the information about the new patch, and it seems they've adressed this here - moving spawn points out of view and or adding stuff to the scenery to block sightlines to the spawn points.

Side note - I am in dire need of a good mic'ed up team to get some results on multiplayer - ranked or casual, no matter. Or even TH. Fed up with randoms in TH messing up my game. I need - I _crave_ good co-op. Lately I'm lucky to find even one mic on a squad, and that usually just leads to me listening to some nitwit eating cereal or something. Grr.

I hope to join you next time I'm on, can't guarantee mic all the time and even if I am on mic all you can hear is me whispering inaudible tactics or shouting offensive expletives neither of which are that useful to secure a victory.

As always, I will generally follow any orders if someone on mic wants to take point. Just speak up and I will follow. Unto the breach and all that jazz!

Otherwise if you can hook up with Spikes buddy Rowdy, there are usually a few on mic with him and you're guaranteed a good laugh thats for sure.

See you out there.

GRRowl74
03-04-2016, 10:36 AM
I kind of like your whispery crackling radio voice, Major - adds to the realism. :)

Played with Rowdy and a few others a couple of times, and you're right - good games and good laughs. But timezone limits that window. Need to take a gaming vacation, I think. Take the ps4 and check into a hotel or something, so I can get a good nights worth of gaming without the punishment of waking up again 5:30 AM, half an hour after going to sleep. Oh, I wish.

DeadChaos
03-04-2016, 02:26 PM
I've asked permission for a panic room with a key for my gaming pleasures but was promptly dismissed. Apparently it's rude to lock yourself in, not to be disturbed!

Major Stains
03-04-2016, 03:01 PM
I kind of like your whispery crackling radio voice, Major - adds to the realism. :)

Lol. What you mean "Roger Roger, foxylady, Zulu, tangy, *SLURP* shit I've dropped my cookie in my cup of tea!, BOMBER COMING! Erm I mean Victor, Charlie Brown, who the hell are you? Oh great I'm dead... Hello! Can anyone save me? Hello! Can you hear me?
Oh damn, the mic isn't even turned on..."

DeadChaos
03-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Thanks Grrowl, alot of blood, sweat and tears but finally got it. I owe you a beer!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/12829218_10154169040437150_3599706906183297025_o.j pg

GRRowl74
03-05-2016, 02:16 AM
Slow and easy does it, DeadChaos. Still, we managed to get blown up a few times too. All the more satisfying to end with success. GGs.

Major, that's just the kind of dedicated operator real life SAS radio chatter I'm talking about. Can't make that shit up. XD

DeadChaos
03-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Next objective....Meat Wall-Kill an enemy with a Breach Charge in Casual/Ranked Multiplayer. No need to say anymore!

GRRowl74
03-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Done that one. Stupid Jäger was camping right behind the door. Must have thought we'd be coming in from the other side.

Major Stains
03-06-2016, 05:18 AM
I came here to write up last nights dispatches, but I still can't see for the tears in my eyes. Just wish I could have chipped in on mic as we stumbled from one calamitous op to another...pure gold.

Thanks to Grrowl, HelmetHead, Greybeard, and Remec...it was the best of times...it was the worse of times! Lol

GRRowl74
03-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Thanks to you too, Major. Always a pleasure, mic or no mic.

Last night was a GRREAT night for gaming! Thanks to all MPs I played with - Graybeard, Helmethead (though that helmet didn't save your head last night ;)) Spike and his plate of spaghetti brains, Ruthie and Taco - don't know if you're MPs, but great teammates. Also - great comments all around, enough stellar oneliners to make a standup routine. Our nemesis for a few rounds, NickBugati - damn you and your mad skills. Cpt. Peroxide and his impressive crew. Don't think I added much skill to that team though - me and the Beard had a rough time with connection speed, so I blame that. I know, what else could it be, right? ;)

Seems I'm more cut out for TH than multiplayer for now, or else I have to get together a band of noob operators to play ranked with, so we stand a chance.

Many great moments for gaming history were played last night, but my head's still too woozy to sort through them yet. Have to say though - DeadChaos - I can't for the life of me understand how we beat that hostage rescue mission on realistic. We tried it again last night, and I tell you - those terrorists were out to get even.

Still, as always - it's so good to be an MP.

Spike Forehand
03-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Ya - good times for sure last night. Sorry I never made it back from my spaghetti dinner. Wife wanted to watch a movie so we rented Sicario - pretty damn good with a R6 feel - lol.

Best line of the afternoon for me was on hostage rescue when we were talking about the hostage - commonly referred to as Eminem - and the line was "If he was the real slim shady he'd be able to stand up."

Good times......

Helmethead1031
03-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Honestly last night was why I enjoy teaming with the MPs. I don't care if we win, I just want to laugh and enjoy playing. I appreciate the games last night gentlemen!

Major Stains
03-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Wife wanted to watch a movie so we rented Sicario - pretty damn good with a R6 feel - lol.

Thats a coincedence. I'd just watched it before I joined these yahoo's last night.
Went into the first match feeling like Benicio Del Toro on steriods, then soon remembered the lag speeds from my brain to my thumbs aren't up to scratch and played more like Benicio Del Toro on magic mushrooms!. Not pretty.

Great film though.

GRRowl74
03-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Ok, now I have to see this movie. XD

Major Stains
03-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Ok, now I have to see this movie. XD

Will this one do instead?
Watch it quick before it gets pulled down for an outrageous display of madskillz! :biggrin1:

All in all a damn funny weekend of gaming. If I gave a crap about my stats I would be near suicidal...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2zckeG_dWc&sns=em

GRRowl74
03-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Hahahahaha!!! I LOVE this! Wonderful recap. Awesome first part - you could have used that as an audition tape for the Expendables. Last part, though - wow.
Man, I suddenly see why football coaches make their players watch matches where they get creamed. Maybe we could learn from this! I'm sure I've already learned that losing can be lots of fun, and you just made my day.

Spike Forehand
03-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Will this one do instead?
Watch it quick before it gets pulled down for an outrageous display of madskillz! :biggrin1:

All in all a damn funny weekend of gaming. If I gave a crap about my stats I would be near suicidal...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2zckeG_dWc&sns=em

Great video Stains. I have to up my punk rock + video games chops to compete with that!!. Love the use of slo-mo, the color scheme changing, and the music. Did you do the color shifting thing in sharefactory?

Helmethead1031
03-06-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm glad you added our moment of zen at the end! I really felt some nostalgia watching us cuddle before our death! Lmao

Major Stains
03-07-2016, 02:09 AM
Great video Stains. I have to up my punk rock + video games chops to compete with that!!. Love the use of slo-mo, the color scheme changing, and the music. Did you do the color shifting thing in sharefactory?

Cheers fellas.
Yeah Spike, it was all done on Sharefactory. I find it a bit clunky and counterintuitive, but it gets the job done. I was wondering how to import a raw file to my Mac and edit it there. Also I'm still not sure where I stand with using copyrighted tunes, I guess you leave it there until the owner does anything!

Major Stains
03-07-2016, 05:48 AM
I'm glad you added our moment of zen at the end! I really felt some nostalgia watching us cuddle before our death! Lmao

If there is some kind of 'Gaming Oscars' then we'd better start on our speech!
I was off mic because the kids were restless, but sure woke them when I fell about laughing...too funny. Never felt aroused lying on a corpse before...must be some kind of trophy for that?

GRRowl74
03-07-2016, 05:59 AM
Never felt aroused lying on a corpse before...must be some kind of trophy for that?

Yeah, I think you get an orange jumpsuit. ;)

Major Stains
03-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks Grrowl, alot of blood, sweat and tears but finally got it. I owe you a beer!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/12829218_10154169040437150_3599706906183297025_o.j pg

Forgot to say, hats off to you boys for that impressive achievement :cool: :clap:
I haven't even got close! Good work.

DeadChaos
03-08-2016, 06:38 AM
Forgot to say, hats off to you boys for that impressive achievement :cool: :clap:
I haven't even got close! Good work.

I've got video of where things did not end so well, Growl's body flying through the air. Will upload in due time.

I found that rescuing the hostage is probably the best way to finish it, that is if the hostage can be located ASAP. Defusing the bomb and protecting the hostage on realistic is just a suicide mission.

GRRowl74
03-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Growl's body flying through the air.

Gracefully, I hope.

Major Stains
03-10-2016, 08:33 AM
I miss this game... NYC needs me real bad this week, but I will be back soon to rid the world of more evil Terrorists (even the wheezy ashmatic ones!)

Bravo6
03-10-2016, 04:19 PM
I miss this game... NYC needs me real bad this week, but I will be back soon to rid the world of more evil Terrorists (even the wheezy ashmatic ones!)

I Miss You Too with all this Blue on Blue fire... :becky:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Krindo/major_kill_u_zps4iphmrvo.jpg

Major Stains
03-11-2016, 05:57 AM
I Miss You Too with all this Blue on Blue fire... :becky:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Krindo/major_kill_u_zps4iphmrvo.jpg

Lol... You're not a true MP until you've been shot by Major Stains/ and revived me at least 20 times!!! (Which usually takes just under a hour in most game situations)

GRRowl74
03-12-2016, 02:52 AM
Been there, done that. Think Ubisoft is having a t-shirt made. ;)

SheepDog320
03-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Rented the game to see if I like it. Anyone gonna be on tonight? I'm in central us time zone

Major Stains
03-20-2016, 05:09 AM
Rented the game to see if I like it. Anyone gonna be on tonight? I'm in central us time zone

Sorry, I was watching a movie when your invite came up.

Most of the guys I played with are currently saving NYC, but DeadChaos and a few others are still playing this (DC is great ally to squad up with). Plus new members have recently joined that play it.
It is definitely a title that I will return to soon as it is superb, just trying to kick the gaming crack that is The Division at the moment.

Make sure you've updated your list from the R6 APL, as there are quite a few great FNGs since last year http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?11280-R6-Siege-Active-Players-Lists/page5#top

SheepDog320
03-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Sorry, I was watching a movie when your invite came up.

Most of the guys I played with are currently saving NYC, but DeadChaos and a few others are still playing this (DC is great ally to squad up with). Plus new members have recently joined that play it.
It is definitely a title that I will return to soon as it is superb, just trying to kick the gaming crack that is The Division at the moment.

Make sure you've updated your list from the R6 APL, as there are quite a few great FNGs since last year http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?11280-R6-Siege-Active-Players-Lists/page5#top

I played a while last night really enjoyed it. Go ahead and add me to active users I just ordered it. I debated getting the division but just don't see myself having the time for a game with a serious time demand. I'll have to add the new members that are active because I havnt seen any playi g the two days I've played the game.

DeadChaos
03-20-2016, 12:00 PM

I'm on RB6 most days. Won't be on tonight for too long though as I have to watch The Walking Dead!

SheepDog320
03-20-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm on RB6 most days. Won't be on tonight for too long though as I have to watch The Walking Dead!

What time zone you in?

SheepDog320
03-20-2016, 07:47 PM
So who plays seige and is in the same vacinity of Central US time zone? Looking for players to party up with!!!!

Helmethead1031
03-21-2016, 05:54 AM
I'm in Eastern TZ. Haven't played Siege lately...Division mainly...but should be on a couple nights this week. I'm usually on around 8-9pm until around 11.

SheepDog320
03-21-2016, 07:06 AM
I'm in Eastern TZ. Haven't played Siege lately...Division mainly...but should be on a couple nights this week. I'm usually on around 8-9pm until around 11.

Nice see u then

Spike Forehand
03-21-2016, 07:55 AM
If you see me on Sheep shoot me an invite no matter what I'm playing and I'll join if I'm not waist deep in some mission.

SheepDog320
03-21-2016, 09:25 AM
If you see me on Sheep shoot me an invite no matter what I'm playing and I'll join if I'm not waist deep in some mission.

Sounds great! So I played about 4 hours last night with some random who all had mics. We won all but one match we played, with 6 flawless matches. I am really enjoying the game, very different from cod or battlefield but I love the tactics of the gameplay. I'm only rank 11 but have 8 operator's unlocked. Im running mostly rook/castle for defense and thermite/blitz for offense depending on game mode. I love running thermite when it's not hostage rescue and blowing through a wall and getting easy kills with frags!! Best moment for me last night was with thermite on hostage rescue. I grappled up a wall blew through a barrier and grappled upside down in the entry point and took 4 out with my suppressor. To be fair i was playing against some low levels like me and they didn't realize I had left my drone in a corner so I was able to know there positions beforeni grappled down. I wish I would have got on board sooner when many MPs were playing, before y'all switched to the division.

Major Stains
03-21-2016, 09:45 AM
So I played about 4 hours last night with some random who all had mics. We won all but one match we played, with 6 flawless matches.

You may want to stick with those guys, as it is a far better hit rate than I ever managed with these Hodads!

Likewise, if I see you on R6 I will definately (almost definately, well maybe) turn off The Division. Otherwise I will be chasing all the MPeeps to the LV 30 grindathon...

SheepDog320
03-21-2016, 10:02 AM
You may want to stick with those guys, as it is a far better hit rate than I ever managed with these Hodads!

Likewise, if I see you on R6 I will definately (almost definately, well maybe) turn off The Division. Otherwise I will be chasing all the MPeeps to the LV 30 grindathon...

I been debating getting the division, it's just the whole grind that has me second guessing. I really don't have the time to play that game every night with cod zombies and now seige. Battlefield 5 is set to come out in 6 or 7 months so I will probably just play the games I have until it comes out by then all zombie dlc maps will have run its course and hopefully MPs will switch to battlefield.

Major Stains
03-26-2016, 03:49 AM
Was great to return to R6 on our 'Friday night, fight night'.

Had some real fun games with Grrowl, Jssk, TPH, and Bravo 6.

The game felt nicely balanced, but could do with a few more maps to freshen it up...

GRRowl74
03-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Yeah, a few new maps would be good. Wonder why they don't use the college map for other missions than Article 5. It's a beautiful map, deserves to be seen without the mustard gas filter.

GRRowl74
04-11-2016, 02:43 AM
As any ninja apprentice learns on day one in Sneaky School, silence is deadly. So, allow me to make some noise.

Haven't been playing R6:S for a while now, had a little trip down memory lane replaying The Last of Us, remastered for ps4. Awesome game.

Before that I got a bit fed up playing this otherwise killer game with noob randoms, pieceofshit teamkillers and kids running off with the Big Yellow Suitcase to god knows where. Gets a bit old. But enough from grumpy old me. On a brighter note I'm happy to report I've finally managed to unlock both Canadian operators. Took me forever, but Frost proved worth the wait. Just love that welcome mat. Buck is okay, though I find myself ignoring the skeleton key for the most part. I'm not a shotgun kind of guy, I guess. Played Castle for a few rounds, bitching to other players to stop knocking my bullet proof walls down left and right, before realizing that tearing them down only meant I could put them back up again. -Awkward-!

Oh, and I cooked another grenade on the top floor of Hereford Base. Of course again trying to activate the B.Y.S. This time the walls were even closer, so I ended up gunning it for the stairwell only to get blown up on the first step. I find I don't like the fact that when you get killed by a grenade you don't actually get to hear the blast, you go directly to the grey and blood red dead screen with the cheesy slowmo sound. If I'm getting blown up by a grenade, I think I'm entitled to hear the boom. And it should be loud. Kind of obvious, actually. But hey, might just be me. I probably should focus more on not getting myself blown up in the first place.

Hope y'all are saving NY, it seems like a nice city to have around, so keep up the good work and try not to get infected by some horrible fungus eating your brain - oh, wait - wrong game. Hope to see you online soon, till then -

Grrowl out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadChaos
04-11-2016, 05:59 AM
I'm around level 68 now and that bear trap is probably the worst thing in this game lol. I very rarely get team killed in casual multiplayer anymore. Terrorist hunt on normal is a haven for *&%holes so stick to hard/realistic mode. My current favorite operators are Blitz and Sledge. Sledge just running through a building making his own door ways is awesome. Blitz is great aswell with the flash shield but you got to be careful for nitro cells. On defending I use Mute all the time as placing his gadgets near a reinforced wall will also disable any breaching charges and he comes with a nitro cell.

Still working towards my last trophy, killing 2500 terrorists so have put some time in TH to date. Always play on hard and although I get some good teams most players just want to rush and get the kills and that's were things go wrong on hard mode especially in disarm the bomb. All the rushers are either dead or under 10% health before the first defuser is planted. I only use Blitz on TH MAINLY AND ONLY for that heavy breather psychopath . Flash him in the face followed by well placed headshots....problem solved. Also, defending the bomb...burrow yourself in a corner near defuser, pop smoke in front of you and the defuser and just bash anything with the shield that comes near or use flash shield when required. You can mostly finish the count down on your own unless you get flanked.

DeadChaos
04-12-2016, 04:13 AM
Well I spoke to soon in regards to team kills. 1st game last night and some *&%$£ decides to use his nitro cell on friendlies. I proceeded to kill him because I knew what was coming next and if I had a nitro cell at hand I would have blown him up while he was down just for good measure.

Now, whilst we were only 2 left, our opponents completely bungled the attack because they took too long and then lost it, we won 3-1 in the end.

http://youtu.be/zWCGcik5siY

GRRowl74
04-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Awesome, DC! I keep replaying the part where you give that TK MF what he deserves. Awesome that you still win the round. Did he jump ship right away, or did he stay and watch? Don't tell me, he bolted, didn't he. They always do.

Edit: - as of course I can see for myself in the video if I had paid attention to the information on screen. Never mind ;)

Major Stains
04-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Miss you guys. Good to see you are still representing MP.
We will have to get together for a good ol' fashioned family get-together soon.

PS GRRowl, I don't think there is any saving NYC. Between all of us MPs we must of killed a million bad guys, but they still seem to be there when I turn on the console...
...Once the snow stops and somebody clears up all the dead bodies I'm sure everything will be fine and we will return for some R6 shenanigans.

DeadChaos
04-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Awesome, DC! I keep replaying the part where you give that TK MF what he deserves. Awesome that you still win the round. Did he jump ship right away, or did he stay and watch? Don't tell me, he bolted, didn't he. They always do.

Edit: - as of course I can see for myself in the video if I had paid attention to the information on screen. Never mind ;)

He bolted. Strange thing was, even before this match started someone voted to kick me for no reason. It was my first match of the evening so there was no reason to vote me, I suspect it was the same idiot.

GRRowl74
04-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Had that happen to me once. Got a kick vote right off the bat, then got team killed at the spawn point. I suspect he wanted Sledge too. Gave him an earful before punching out. Then one of his mates invited me to their party. Shoot me in the back, and then let's be friends, right? The nerve of some people.

SheepDog320
04-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Well I'm level 42 now have all operator's unlocked except frost and buck, I love the game but unfortunately there are very few MPs on EVER. I have found two different groups that I play with each night, makes it nice not to be teamed with random squekers all the time. I find it pretty easy to make friends with mics. I love blitz and sledge also and either use mute or rook most of the time defending. I have recently began running glaz quite often on maps that I can provide good overwatch for teammates. The plane is easy mode with glaz when the objective is near windows, I'm usually able to kill two or three before the team makes entry. Stay frosty out there be safe

DeadChaos
04-13-2016, 03:12 AM
I've unlocked Buck but not too impressed with him, feels like I wasted 25000 renown! Only have frost left then I'll probably unlock some very expensive colorful camos.

GRRowl74
04-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah, Buck is a bit overrated. See some people run him every time, I guess the shotgun/assault rifle combo has some appeal, but it's not a gadget. Or a big ass hammer.

Sheepdog - would love to team up if I can catch you online. Problem is late night gaming for me clocks me out at 2 AM at the latest (I have a toddler, sue me ;)) which is like 7 PM your time. I think maybe my best bet is to get up at 6 AM to play with you guys, that's 11 PM for you. Tricky. But not impossible.

peppyhare91
04-19-2016, 01:27 PM
I thought the same thing about Buck when the DLC was first released. But I changed my mind after this latest patch. I would recommend Buck to anyone who plays well with Sledge. Utilize him for changing the map with shotgun holes you can vault through or at the top of exterior walls that are reinforced like on Kanal, Hereford, and Club House.

DeadChaos
04-19-2016, 02:35 PM
I thought the same thing about Buck when the DLC was first released. But I changed my mind after this latest patch. I would recommend Buck to anyone who plays well with Sledge. Utilize him for changing the map with shotgun holes you can vault through or at the top of exterior walls that are reinforced like on Kanal, Hereford, and Club House.

Yes, before patch it was a struggle to blow holes in walls, Sledge was much easier but I have not tried him yet after latest patch.

Major Stains
05-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Had a very quick go tonight, and the Border map was good although will no doubt take me a while to get my bearings with all the usual twist and turns.
I got a bit freaked out when I thought somebody had driven a Vespa moped into the building, but soon realised it was the new operator with their fancy pants windshield rifle.

A few other changes, such as a MVP animation. And something about the reward system gave me a bronze charm for being really quite average in ranked matches.

Looking forward to playing it with MPs again.

Major Stains
05-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Went back on with TPH7 and Bravo6 for a good few rounds.

Started off with getting our asses handed to us, but then the tide turned and we pulled out some wins.
One thing is for sure and that is the new operators really do dominate the leaderboard.
Old Grizzly Adams on his Vespa is brutal. He just lies prone and faces you and you don't have a hope in hell.

No other game gets my heart going like this.
When you're the last man standing, and it's all on your head. That is about as tense as anything out there.

GRRowl74
05-12-2016, 12:00 AM
You guys. On a school night no less! Allright, I'm just jealous. Can't wait to test out old Blackbeard. If he is as OP as it seems, I'm sure he's going to be adjusted. Luckily he's an attacker, so he can't lie prone for ever if he wants to win.

DeadChaos
05-12-2016, 04:02 AM
When you're the last man standing, and it's all on your head. That is about as tense as anything out there.

I second that. Hopefully old Blackbeard can be sorted out with some nitro cell, that is if you get the chance to throw it before he guns you down. Read about the charms and some are complaining they are distracting when placed on a gun so I'll just steer clear of them.

Patch is finally downloaded and installed so might get on tonight for 30/40 minutes.

GRRowl74
05-12-2016, 06:19 AM
Got first hand confirmation that BB isn't OP enough to stare down Bob the Bomber. And be advised - you are NOT, I repeat NOT covered by your Vespa Window unless you're aiming down the sights. Learned that one the hard way.

rustang7207
05-12-2016, 08:52 AM
ive only been able to try blackbeard so far. His primary is short on magazine size but more powerful hits. the gun shield thing is not my style so wont say for or against as to each their own. As for Valkyrie I haven't had the pleasure as I am more comfortable with Rook for my play style. I am patient in my defense mode and don't leave the objective unguarded, actually get pretty annoyed when a teammate goes off the grid and doesn't contribute to the defense of the hostage. In other games I have been referred to as a "camper" and other unkind words. I do, for the most part, resist the bait and just play my style. I also am very deliberate with my trigger finger. I don't just spray and pray and prefer accuracy over volume. This said I have accidentally shot a teammate even with this tactic. I try my best to avoid an active line of fire and not make myself a victim. I only wish some did the same. I understand the wanting to get kills and leaderboards and such, but I take more pride in the w over the k/d. Anyway I hope to team up with you guys when you are on and improve each others skills. and thanks for the friend requests and for accepting the ones I have sent.

GRRowl74
05-12-2016, 09:10 AM
I have accidentally shot a teammate even with this tactic.

What? Just the one teamkill? No worries, we'll soon take care of that! ;)

DeadChaos
05-12-2016, 09:40 AM
In other games I have been referred to as a "camper" and other unkind words.

No such thing as a camper in RB6, the game is designed to camp. These idiots complaining about camping don't realize the whole point around defending is to camp and attackers have the challenge to breach and clear the campers with the equipment they have been provided with. Best advice, just block these guys sending you messages.

GRRowl74
05-12-2016, 09:48 AM
No such thing as a camper in RB6, the game is designed to camp. These idiots complaining about camping don't realize the whole point around defending is to camp

If I ever go to a Battlefield convention, I'm gonna bring a tent and sleeping bag just to mess with their heads.

Bravo6
05-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Went back on with TPH7 and Bravo6 for a good few rounds.

Started off with getting our asses handed to us, but then the tide turned and we pulled out some wins.
One thing is for sure and that is the new operators really do dominate the leaderboard.
Old Grizzly Adams on his Vespa is brutal. He just lies prone and faces you and you don't have a hope in hell.

Team MP lead the way! :ar15:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Krindo/Rainbow%206%20Siege/Tom%20Clancys%20Rainbow%20Sixreg%20Siege_201605120 23108_zpsgmgfgihi.jpg

GRRowl74
05-12-2016, 11:45 AM
New desktop background for sure. Want to be in the next one o'course.

rustang7207
05-12-2016, 12:07 PM
in other games like bo3 and pretty much any call of duty title I have heard it for years. I usually reply to them, nicely I might add, that Rambo was a movie and my trainers in the military highly advised against lead injection. Gotta love the kiddies

Major Stains
05-12-2016, 12:20 PM
in other games like bo3 and pretty much any call of duty title I have heard it for years. I usually reply to them, nicely I might add, that Rambo was a movie and my trainers in the military highly advised against lead injection. Gotta love the kiddies

You know it.

We must have just missed you last night. Invites were sent your way, but you'd gone offline. Hopefully next time.

rustang7207
05-12-2016, 05:20 PM
I goofed on my notification settings on ps4. they are all open now. last night the kids were, shall we say, animated while I was trying to play. Never fails, they don't want to be near me except when I'm on the phone or trying to play a game. I doubt I am the only one here with that revelation! lol

GRRowl74
05-13-2016, 07:31 AM
Ok, so I'm in this multiplayer match - not my usual cup of tea, but there you have it - and I've parked my butt behind a shield, chatting up the hostage. Soon the walls and doors start blowing up, and a few quick bursts later I am down and bleeding. Now, what I'm used to at this point, is that whoever shot me half to death puts a few rounds in to finish the job. It's the decent thing to do. But no, not this guy. He walks up to me, and proceeds to beat me to death with a sledgehammer. Now that's just rude. Not very tactical. But probably fun. For him, anyway.

That sound... Ugh.

DeadChaos
05-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Ok, so I'm in this multiplayer match - not my usual cup of tea, but there you have it - and I've parked my butt behind a shield, chatting up the hostage. Soon the walls and doors start blowing up, and a few quick bursts later I am down and bleeding. Now, what I'm used to at this point, is that whoever shot me half to death puts a few rounds in to finish the job. It's the decent thing to do. But no, not this guy. He walks up to me, and proceeds to beat me to death with a sledgehammer. Now that's just rude. Not very tactical. But probably fun. For him, anyway.

That sound... Ugh.

Not quite the same but last night one guy shot an attacker (last 2 left) and while he was bleeding out he circled him like a shark, crouching then standing in fast succession (crap learnt in COD, just can't remember what it is called) and finally after which felt like an eternity he knifed him......the guy was oozing arrogance.

TonkaToys
05-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Tea-bagging... as practiced by douche-bags

GRRowl74
05-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Those devil spawn twelve year olds. May they all suffer from thumb paralysis.

SheepDog320
05-13-2016, 01:21 PM

I usually don't teabag but I did the other day and it was so gratifying. We were in a ranked match and was up 2-0 and after every kill the other team would tea bag they had actually done it for several matches (rematches) we had beat the handidly on every one. Well during the last match I downed the last guy on there team and our entire team dropped bags on him till he bled out!!!!

GRRowl74
05-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Better check the Code of Conduct on the official policy on tea-bagging. I'm sure it's frowned upon.

LandShark
05-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Had a great time getting in some games with Retro and HC. My interwebs actually let me get in several hours of games in before it went to hell.
Blackbeard seemed to be killing me all night, guess I need to stop aiming for head and try the big toe!

Retro
05-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Teach is a major douche bag then!!!

TonkaToys
05-16-2016, 02:56 AM
SheepDog: I'm sure revenge tea-bagging is an exception to the rule

Retro: you are just calling him a douche bag aren't you! :boink:

peppyhare91
05-17-2016, 09:01 AM
I got on for a quick couple of games the other night. It was one of those times that all gamers love and I was on fire and all of my favorite maps came up (House, Border, Oregon). House was my first game. My original drone noticed they where in the master bedroom and there was a Tachanka setting up on the hatch at the back of the bed room. I went to the window over the garage broke that and "ashed" the hatch above. Sure enough as soon as that hatch blew Tachanka and his LMG come falling through the roof right in front of me. After I get the video trimmed I will post it here.

GRRowl74
05-17-2016, 09:11 AM
Sure enough as soon as that hatch blew Tachanka and his LMG come falling through the roof right in front of me. After I get the video trimmed I will post it here.

Awesome move, I look forward to the video.

GRRowl74
05-17-2016, 09:19 AM

In revenge - anything is allowed. Usually a good idea to inform your teammates before gunning down and teabagging a member of your own team, as they might have missed the episode leading up to it. No winners in a civil war and whatnot.

But regarding teabagging multiplayer opponents - how is it possible to do that to the last man on squad? Unless it's Doc you lose instantly as soon as the last operator is down, don't you?

SheepDog320
05-17-2016, 10:12 AM
In revenge - anything is allowed. Usually a good idea to inform your teammates before gunning down and teabagging a member of your own team, as they might have missed the episode leading up to it. No winners in a civil war and whatnot.

But regarding teabagging multiplayer opponents - how is it possible to do that to the last man on squad? Unless it's Doc you lose instantly as soon as the last operator is down, don't you?

It was opposite team I have never team killed lol

SheepDog320
05-17-2016, 10:13 AM

It was opposite team I have never team killed lol

Retro
05-17-2016, 10:21 AM

Retro: you are just calling him a douche bag aren't you! :boink:

Shhhhhh

rustang7207
05-17-2016, 04:06 PM
I don't teabag. I do however look for the people who do. when they get ready to hover I put one in their head. I hope they think the waste of a death is worth an imaginary insult. and for those that don't learn at first? rinse and repeat.

SheepDog320
05-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Really glad they fixed the system on playing ranked, I just can't seem to get above a silver 4 maybee hit gold tonight

GRRowl74
05-18-2016, 02:28 AM
I haven't played much multiplayer before Dust Line, but kind of jumped on the band wagon lately. It's fun, at least when I control my urge to peek around the corner without aiming down my sights. That's vital, that is. So I ranked for the first time just the other day, after ten games, so I don't really know how the ranking system worked before or how it's been fixed. I think I'm bronze 1 now, or something. Haven't won that much, but been getting a few kills at least.

GRRowl74
05-18-2016, 04:21 AM
Quick q: what's the policy on game vids - post'em in the vid thread, or in the war story thread aswell/instead?

Major Stains
05-18-2016, 04:28 AM
Quick q: what's the policy on game vids - post'em in the vid thread, or in the war story thread aswell/instead?

Both!

Spam, spam, spam away my man. And you'll have more chance of one of us lazy hodads commenting on it. Any content is much appreciated around theses parts.

GRRowl74
05-18-2016, 04:41 AM
You asked for it! And like you said, no visual evidence means it didn't happen - so here, I give you "the hotstepper", also known as the "Bambi on ice of the R6S multiplayer".

http://youtu.be/SAevLClo7wc

GRRowl74
05-18-2016, 05:27 AM
And just in case you're now thinking - hey, this guy is not too bad - I think you might have missed this one:

http://youtu.be/2-SK3rLFgQI

r4vje83NL
05-24-2016, 01:30 AM
Just got this game since two days but i am loving it very much. Last night had some good rounds with a few Dutch friends. Still need to unlick a lot of operators but so far Castle, Sledge and Kapkan are my favourites.

DeadChaos
05-24-2016, 02:36 AM
Just got this game since two days but i am loving it very much. Last night had some good rounds with a few Dutch friends. Still need to unlick a lot of operators but so far Castle, Sledge and Kapkan are my favourites.

I might jump in for some RB6 this weekend so will check if you are online.

GRRowl74
05-24-2016, 02:13 PM

Great operators, those guys. Sledge is my man, too. Can also warmly recommend Bandit for defense especially on PVE, where you can fry the terrorists at the door with electrified barb wire. Newest addition, Blackbeard is a real badass - some say he's OP, so he might be not so badass in a while, though. An operator often forgotten is IQ. She got a tuneup in the last patch, so her gadget is way better now. She also carries nice weapons, and sports some cool sneakers.

Hopefully I'll be on some time this weekend too.

DeadChaos
05-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Great operators, those guys. Sledge is my man, too. Can also warmly recommend Bandit for defense especially on PVE, where you can fry the terrorists at the door with electrified barb wire. Newest addition, Blackbeard is a real badass - some say he's OP, si he might be not so badass in a while, though. An operator often forgotten is IQ. She got a tuneup in the last patch, so her gadget is way better now. She also carries nice weapons, and sports some cool sneakers.

Hopefully I'll be on some time this weekend too.

What's new with IQ?

GRRowl74
05-24-2016, 04:23 PM
What's new with IQ?

Her gadget now shows outlines. Fx. you can see where the bombs are. Pretty cool. Range is increased too.

GRRowl74
05-26-2016, 06:00 AM
Had a strange experience in R6Siege yesterday, involving our beloved hostage Slim Shady. Seems he actually can stand up, and the operators don't like it. Not one bit.

http://youtu.be/OkIOXutFQyg

Major Stains
05-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Had a strange experience in R6Siege yesterday, involving our beloved hostage Slim Shady. Seems he actually can stand up, and the operators don't like it. Not one bit.

LMAO... Brilliant!

GRRowl74
05-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Had some great R6 Siege action with a full mic team tonight, thanks Spike for inviting me. Got some wins in, some close but no cigar rounds, a few frustrating glitches where our opponents seemed indestructable, and some rounds where we just got destroyed. Ended on a win, though, which is good - and a personal best on six kills in a ranked multiplayer match. Six! Yay me.

Had so much fun playing BF4 with you guys lately, so it's been a while since I last played R6S with MPs on squad. I almost forgot how intense, frustrating, nervewrecking, hilarious, awesome and satisfying this game can be when a few MPs band together. Thanks to spike4hand and tmoreno2180 for good games, and to your friends joining us. Good times.

Spike Forehand
05-28-2016, 05:31 PM

That's not the real slim shady - it's his brother Glitch Shady. Also known as Bob Mathers.

Spike Forehand
05-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Had so much fun playing BF4 with you guys lately, so it's been a while since I last played R6S with MPs on squad. I almost forgot how intense, frustrating, nervewrecking, hilarious, awesome and satisfying this game can be when a few MPs band together. Thanks to spike4hand and tmoreno2180 for good games, and to your friends joining us. Good times.

I learned two things:

- Playing with Grrowl is good times no matter what happens.
- Don't stand on the hatch when you hammer through it. Although if you do, you might get lucky and not get shot when you fall through to the floor below. You might.

GRRowl74
05-28-2016, 11:40 PM
I learned two things:

- Don't stand on the hatch when you hammer through it. Although if you do, you might get lucky and not get shot when you fall through to the floor below. You might.

It's like the Sledge version of "breach and clear". Hammertime!

r4vje83NL
05-29-2016, 04:37 AM
I learned two things:

Had the same thing last night but i ended up behind three enemies who i could easily kill :D

GRRowl74
06-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Thanks to danny, r4vje and friends for some good games tonight. Not my finest hour, but we got a few wins in the end. Played a bit solo earlier today, teammates dropping out of ranked left and right, leaving us 3 and even 2 against 5. Getting minced by the enemy can be entertaining, but it gets old fast. Much more fun kicking butts and taking names with the MPs.

Edit: Forgot to mention my proudest moment of the night, playing Fuze on the Consulate map. Hanging upside down outside a window on the second floor, placing a cluster charge - I somehow managed to kill myself. It's a talent, I guess. Some people have superpower aim, others can see through walls - and I can kill myself in the most unlikely of situations. Someone call Guinness. Or better yet, just give me the keys to the pub.

Major Stains
06-02-2016, 05:07 PM
I don't have Danny on my list. Is he MP?
I can't find him on the R6 Active a players List.

GRRowl74
06-02-2016, 05:15 PM
danny0055. He's MP. Probably haven't gotten to registering on R6S active players yet.

Major Stains
06-03-2016, 04:11 AM
danny0055. He's MP. Probably haven't gotten to registering on R6S active players yet.

I see he has posted an intro, just not added himself to the lists nor sent an invite to me. He obviously prefers not to keep company with serial team killers!

r4vje83NL
06-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks to danny, r4vje and friends for some good games tonight. Not my finest hour, but we got a few wins in the end. Played a bit solo earlier today, teammates dropping out of ranked left and right, leaving us 3 and even 2 against 5. Getting minced by the enemy can be entertaining, but it gets old fast. Much more fun kicking butts and taking names with the MPs.

Edit: Forgot to mention my proudest moment of the night, playing Fuze on the Consulate map. Hanging upside down outside a window on the second floor, placing a cluster charge - I somehow managed to kill myself. It's a talent, I guess. Some people have superpower aim, others can see through walls - and I can kill myself in the most unlikely of situations. Someone call Guinness. Or better yet, just give me the keys to the pub.

Had some good games last night, was fun! Should do this more often :)

GRRowl74
06-04-2016, 02:30 AM
This story began in the BF4 war stories thread, so if you like chronology and have respect for storytelling efforts like setup and payoff - then you should read that part first. ;)

So, to pick things up - after our mixed Battlefield adventure, DeadChaos, the Major and I teamed up with danny0055 and RandomGeorge75 (I love that name! Especially when used in serious combat situations, just cracks me up) for a few rounds of ranked(!) multiplayer on R6S.

Not much in my current gaming experience gives quite as awesome a feeling of anticipation as watching an R6S loading screen, while a full MP squad is chatting in the background. Well, I say background.

It was great. I think DC felt he had to make amends for the BF4 hardcore incident earlier, so when I ever so untimely encouraged him to revive a teammate while being one on one with the last attacker, he went all Florence Nightie on us and of course got shot in the back. I blame me. Fun though.

Stains is showing impressive coolness of head of late, cleared a room of enemies like a badass one man SWAT team. It seems he thrives in the more slowpaced, though intense and nervewrecking, multiplayer mode, as opposed to the odd wild panicky teamkilling encounters with Bob the Bomber(can we kill it? Yes we can! Please tell me you got that. My cultural references are ruined from years of kids television shows.) Really enjoyed playing with Danny and Random George (XD) - you're both great guys, hope to be seeing you on my squad again soon. Love how you asked about our strategy. We should definately have one.

Personally I felt the last round was a total vindication for all the losses earlier this evening. We had some help from some opponent team killing, but still. We were awesome. Clocking in another personal best at I think it was seven kills, and yes I did save the win screen, and I truly intend to rub your noses in it with my best man pose every chance I get.

Good times, y'all, great fun.

Sadly, time is never on my side, and as the local clock struck 1:45 AM, my self preservation instincts (aka my wife) kicked in, and I had to call it a night. Which was good, since at 5:30 AM my energizer bunny related toddler had to call it a morning.

Thanks MPs, till next time - GRRowl out.

DeadChaos
06-04-2016, 12:33 PM
I thought I could revive him quickly before the guy came around the corner (or was he dead, can't remember now) but I did not see the one at the other entrance lining me up. Anyway, they should give me bonus points for sacrificing my life for my squad! :violin:

Thanks to all who joined up last night.

Spike Forehand
06-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Jumped in with Rave and a few of his friends this afternoon for a thorough trouncing. I think we went 0-9 in three casual matches and I was 1-9 in the KDR. Yuck. I am really rusty at this game and can't seem to get out of my own freakin way. Twice I had the humiliation of being last left when it was 1-1 and got killed both times with everyone watching,,

Hope you guys had better luck after I left. You couldn't have done much worse with me in there.

Still - nothing is as intense as this game.

r4vje83NL
06-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Jumped in with Rave and a few of his friends this afternoon for a thorough trouncing. I think we went 0-9 in three casual matches and I was 1-9 in the KDR. Yuck. I am really rusty at this game and can't seem to get out of my own freakin way. Twice I had the humiliation of being last left when it was 1-1 and got killed both times with everyone watching,,

Hope you guys had better luck after I left. You couldn't have done much worse with me in there.

Still - nothing is as intense as this game.

It was a bad night for me. Managed to win only one game, lost everything else and on top of that i couldn't hit much. But as always the fun and laughter was there and that was the most important thing.

Major Stains
06-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Thanks to all for the games, they were a good laugh.

That was a gallant display of teamsmanship from DC, trying to patch me up when the odds of survival are stacked against you.

And it has to be a first for me being called a 'one-man SWAT team'!
I've been called many things, including a 'one-man TWAT team'. But never that, which is nice. To be totally honest, my playstyle always reverts to "Spray'n'pray" when it comes down to those do-or-die moments.
The phrase "He can't hit a barn door with a Bren Gun" was penned about me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksMydLGN1oc

And I did crack up laughing when RandomGeorge enquired about our use of tactics!!!

GRRowl74
06-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Well, you could have fooled me with this shooting, Maj. :)

Threw together some of the last recordings: first - some a grade hostage execution, then some teabag duchebag team killing, some bragging, and finally some awesome MP full squad gameplay. Almost forgot that the last match was a complete turn-around. We were 1-3 set to lose, and we turned it around and won. So cool. Again, mostly me talking to myself, with the refreshing and somewhat surprising exeption featuring Random George. Don't know why you're the only other voice being recorded, but I'm sure glad you did.

Oh, and I didn't have the heart to edit much out, hence the long vid. Oh, come on! You'll live. Fast forward.

http://youtu.be/CPfeDR2ez-4

GRRowl74
06-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Had the good fortune to find Danny on again tonight, and got a few rounds in, first in casual and then ranked. Racked up two wins, and a nice kill streak. Danny topped the list a few rounds, kicking ass and taking names. Did allright aswell - seven again in the last match. If I didn't know better I'd say I'm getting better at this game. But then my rank pops up on the screen.

Just a little good night snack from friday to round off a great MP weekend. See ya soon!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160605/e85af0136bda0dde8d111173099323a8.jpg

GRRowl74
06-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Thanks a bunch to r4vje and danny for a few good rounds tonight, also thanks to r4vjes friend zepari1 for joining us. We had a plan, but it seems our enemy had one too. I kept dying like thirty seconds into each round, so that was bad. Got real good at marking enemies so they could shoot our cameras, though, so there's that. Still fun - MPs on mic working as a team - that's all I need really. And the occasional kill followed by an awesome oneliner. Oh well, maybe next time ;)

r4vje83NL
06-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Thanks a bunch to r4vje and danny for a few good rounds tonight, also thanks to r4vjes friend zepari1 for joining us. We had a plan, but it seems our enemy had one too. I kept dying like thirty seconds into each round, so that was bad. Got real good at marking enemies so they could shoot our cameras, though, so there's that. Still fun - MPs on mic working as a team - that's all I need really. And the occasional kill followed by an awesome oneliner. Oh well, maybe next time ;)

I also loved to kill the enemies with my shield. BLITZATTACK!

GRRowl74
06-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Yeah, forgot to mention that - mad skills with that shield, man. We should try an all shield squad some time, and just never fire a gun. Just bunch up in a corridor facing each direction, moving like in some old roman war formation, knocking the bastards out one by one as we go. Just have to make sure the enemy is fresh out of c4.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160624/2aac3652ffb00f5ea084b6bd5d009342.jpg

GRRowl74
06-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Thanks to danny and DC for a few rounds this evening. I have a theory on why my k/d never gets above 0.6. Peeking. Yes. Sticking my head out, to be clear, after making sure the enemy knows where I am. Then I peek, so that his aiming down the sights at this particular doorway/windowsill wasn't in vain. But hey, maybe I'll learn ;)

r4vje83NL
06-25-2016, 01:57 AM
Thanks to danny and DC for a few rounds this evening. I have a theory on why my k/d never gets above 0.6. Peeking. Yes. Sticking my head out, to be clear, after making sure the enemy knows where I am. Then I peek, so that his aiming down the sights at this particular doorway/windowsill wasn't in vain. But hey, maybe I'll learn ;)

I had a very good night last night. Won 6 games in a row which is an absolute record. Played with some guys who are ranked gold 4 to gold 2. Learned a bit from them and adapted my own playing style. I also must say that now that i have Blackbeard and Valkyrie i get better results aswell. Are these operators OP or something?

GRRowl74
06-25-2016, 03:08 AM
Beardie and Val are good, no doubt - but I think it comes down to how you play them. Val provides new cams and new info which is pretty important, as you've probably seen the good players take out the known cameras quick as you like. Her shotgun also has a quicker rate of fire, I think. Still, she's pretty easy to kill if you can hit her - not much armour there I think. As for Beardie the argument can be made that he's OP. His Vespa window can be destroyed with three or four shotgun rounds of thirtysomething regular bullets. It doesn't regenerate - so if your mate peppers it with gunshots and then dies, then maybe your next shot can take it out. Also, the shield doesn't cover his lower body and legs, and not even his head until he is ADS. His guns are ok, I guess. Not sure if the damage is much higher than other guns, but it does have a nice kick, and fewer bullets per mag is usually an indication of a more powerful weapon. I choose him less now, because his gadget really doesn't help the team much, and I get killed window or no, so. But if anyone is to be nerfed I'd put my money on this guy. Easiest way I guess, is to make his window a bit weaker.

DeadChaos
06-25-2016, 12:31 PM
I hate Beardie, by the time his shield has absorbed all my bullets I'm dead. At least had one good game last night with Grrowl. Bottom line.....I do much better in casual then ranked.

Grrowl rocking his zebra looking shotgun....I could see he was itching to unload it on someone so I just stayed behind him. Also on this spot where I completely bungled my stun grenade throws and only managed to flash myself.....and maybe Grrowl.

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13502575_10154487681207150_2486538519737301087_o.j pg

This does not happen everyday so please let me enjoy the moment :wink (2):

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13497920_10154487680072150_959953594842201268_o.jp g

GRRowl74
06-25-2016, 05:21 PM
This does not happen everyday so please let me enjoy the moment :wink (2):

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13497920_10154487680072150_959953594842201268_o.jp g

Too bad you're wearing that mask, noone can tell it's you. ;)

r4vje83NL
06-27-2016, 10:51 AM
Beardie and Val are good, no doubt - but I think it comes down to how you play them. Val provides new cams and new info which is pretty important, as you've probably seen the good players take out the known cameras quick as you like. Her shotgun also has a quicker rate of fire, I think. Still, she's pretty easy to kill if you can hit her - not much armour there I think. As for Beardie the argument can be made that he's OP. His Vespa window can be destroyed with three or four shotgun rounds of thirtysomething regular bullets. It doesn't regenerate - so if your mate peppers it with gunshots and then dies, then maybe your next shot can take it out. Also, the shield doesn't cover his lower body and legs, and not even his head until he is ADS. His guns are ok, I guess. Not sure if the damage is much higher than other guns, but it does have a nice kick, and fewer bullets per mag is usually an indication of a more powerful weapon. I choose him less now, because his gadget really doesn't help the team much, and I get killed window or no, so. But if anyone is to be nerfed I'd put my money on this guy. Easiest way I guess, is to make his window a bit weaker.

I don't use Val or Beardie much either but their handgun seems to be OP. I use Thermite, Mute, Rook and Blitz the most at the moment. I also watched a few Pro league games from Penta where i learned some nice new spots and tricks. Gonna try them out somewhere this week.

GRRowl74
07-01-2016, 01:17 AM
Been playing a few rounds with danny, thanks for those. Win some, lose some seems to be the going rate. Rank up, rank down. Sanda floor. Righta circle, lefta circle - getting a little bit better each round. Still get killed way too much and way to early. Patience is the key though - I don't go chasing kills on defense, and on offense I usually do get killed when I try to be quick about things. Easy does it.

Helmethead1031
07-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Didn't see anyone on tonight so I jumped in with some randoms.....I figured I would record the sessions and make my first video. I call it The good, bad, & ugly....Pretty much described my night. lol.....Oh, and I have no idea how to save a video and post it so my 12yr old daughter uploaded it to her youtube acct...lmao...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3APrBPEbPc

DeadChaos
07-05-2016, 03:35 AM
At least you are winning, unfortunately I can't say the same. Played two rounds last night, bunch of silver ranks grouped against gold ranks so we got murdered 0-4. I thought ok, won't give up so quick, will give it another go.......same result again, 0-4 and in the process dropped another rank. Got frustrated and just moved on to Rocket League.

Helmethead1031
07-05-2016, 04:42 AM
In a few of those rounds I wasn't winning...just being carried by teammates. And those were casual rounds. I never venture into ranked...I'm too afraid! Lol

GRRowl74
07-05-2016, 06:40 AM
Do not fear ranked. You might find it easier after your first rank, cuz then you are ranked against teams with similar skill levels. In theory. I still think I'm getting set up, Illuminati or some shit wants me to be the underdog in damn near every match, and my rank pays for it. Fought my way up to bronze IV, just 30 something points from silver, and then I got knocked back down to bronze III. Have to admit, I'm cherrypicking a bit now - if I get a team that's weak in numbers, or the enemy team's got like three or more with a K/D of more than 1.0, I bail. Before the match begins, mind you. Don't want no penalty.

DeadChaos
07-05-2016, 10:48 AM
In a few of those rounds I wasn't winning...just being carried by teammates. And those were casual rounds. I never venture into ranked...I'm too afraid! Lol

I find it easier on casual but now and again like to jump in for some ranked matches. Don't know why as it gets quite frustrating. Got about 3 challenges for terrorist hunt so might do a couple of those at some point for the extra renown.

GRRowl74
07-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Got a new trophy today, "wrong number", for blowing people up with C4. Can't find it on the list, strangely enough, so I don't know the body count requirements. Oh well. See me online, spot me an invite. Terrorists, casual, ranked - I'm in.

DeadChaos
07-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Got a new trophy today, "wrong number", for blowing people up with C4. Can't find it on the list, strangely enough, so I don't know the body count requirements. Oh well. See me online, spot me an invite. Terrorists, casual, ranked - I'm in.

Kill 10 enemies with Nitro Cells in casual/ranked.

GRRowl74
07-05-2016, 01:51 PM
When I got this one, I thought of you, DC [emoji16] http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160705/3d07737a7fb1bcaba8d7780236d71448.jpg