PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players with mics on ps4

dethdealer1981
11-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Really looking for a group of guys or gals to play 6pm central to ?, played beta non stop and couldnt find a group with mics. Looking forward to having fun but some what tactical and intelligent gaming experience. PSN is DethDealer1981

Ullrsdog
12-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Really looking for a group of guys or gals to play 6pm central to ?, played beta non stop and couldnt find a group with mics. Looking forward to having fun but some what tactical and intelligent gaming experience. PSN is DethDealer1981

Deth - that may be a bit early for some of us but the following are guys that I play with that tend to run a mic.
RC
Beeano
SouthTown
Sheepdog
SureMoe
Spikeforehand
Hugh Heff
Danbo
Madlob
JackNight
Mechatool

I'm sure there are a few more that I'm not thinking of.

Spike Forehand
12-01-2015, 01:39 PM

Hi Deth -

There are several guys planning to get R6 on the PS4. There is a thread for active players.

I see this is your first post on the boards - don't forget to read the membership guidelines and go to the intro thread to introduce yourselves. Also good info on how to add the Team MP players.

dethdealer1981
12-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks for all the info

Spike Forehand
12-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Oh - and also all the guys I played the beta with used mics except Stains, who only used it sometimes. That's OK though cause he's British and no one wants to hear that shite anyway. [emoji14]

Gink
12-01-2015, 02:33 PM

Active players list for this game is here: http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?11280-R6-Siege-Active-Players-Lists check it to find folks to add to your friends list. I've added you to the PS4 list there.

Major Stains
12-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Oh - and also all the guys I played the beta with used mics except Stains, who only used it sometimes. That's OK though cause he's British and no one wants to hear that shite anyway. [emoji14]

Sorry I didn't catch that! Hard to hear what you're darn tootin' saying when you are chewing tobacco...
I got on mic with some people on the beta. Just the civilised ones is all!

Scottgun00
12-02-2015, 06:42 AM
Just bought a pair of Sony Golds, but I tend to play 12 to 2 Est. If I'm on in the evening I'll be muted so the household doesn't have to hear "Laggy haxor! RAWR!" :)

Kasias81
02-05-2016, 02:06 PM
I currently use the "cheap one".. but now that I'm playing these types of games.. I'll soon upgrade to a nice one..

coach081 - PS4

Major Stains
02-06-2016, 09:29 AM
I got the hint from Spikes UK buddies that my mic has given up the ghost (or fucking annoying crackling as they put it), so they had to just watch me fail in silence from then on!

So I am on the lookout for a new set if anyone has any recommendations.
Although I don't plan on spending $99 in NYC like these crappy 4 y/o Wireless Afterglows!

Scottgun00
02-06-2016, 10:09 AM
these crappy 4 y/o Wireless Afterglows!

I still have a pair of these. The ear muffs are flaking, but they've served me well. But I got extra Christmas money so I picked up the Sony Gold Anniversary. Awesome, and the kids are relegated to the crusty afterglow. :)

Major Stains
02-06-2016, 10:25 AM
I still have a pair of these. The ear muffs are flaking, but they've served me well. But I got extra Christmas money so I picked up the Sony Gold Anniversary. Awesome, and the kids are relegated to the crusty afterglow. :)

Yeah, I guess 'crappy' was a bit harsh. They do sound great and really immersive.
But the mic on the retractable stalk is a weak design feature (also the bulky USB transmitter on the PS4 port). I've watched a video where somebody stripped theirs and the part I imagine has gone looks impossible to home fix, so I now have a pair of $99 headphones!

Gink
02-06-2016, 02:28 PM
I loved my TB PX5's on PS3. Wireless, amazing sound, but even with the authentic TB "chat cable" to get them working on PS4, the chat was always crackly or echoed or other weird stuff.
Replaced them with the TB 500P Stealth and they work, but are pretty disappointing compared to my old ones. Of course, they are an $80 set, and the previous set was over the $200 mark, so I guess there is something to the more expensive sets.
But, as far as wireless, mic works well, can hear chat well enough, they tic all those boxes for a reasonable price.

Helmethead1031
02-07-2016, 08:41 AM
I use TB PX4's. Picked them up for $99 and have always been happy with them. Not a single issue......

Spike Forehand
02-07-2016, 10:34 AM
I had some Turtle Beach with surround sound at some point on the PS4, but got tired of having to fix them with duct tape when little shit would break. Plus I already have 7.1 surround sound in my home theater, so don't really feel the need to have something else that outputs game sound.

So - for PS4 I use this single-ear, mono chat headset from Tritton:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61s7A97klgL._SL1500_.jpg

It's over-the-ear and very comfortable, but also has a vented ear cap to allow sound in so you still get the great surround effect. (And oh - btw - there has never, ever been a game where sound-whoring is as valuable as multiplayer matches as R6).

http://www.amazon.com/TRITTON-Kaiken-Headset-PlayStation-Devices-4/dp/B00K786AFE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1454859037&sr=8-9&keywords=tritton

Gink
02-07-2016, 12:32 PM
I already have 7.1 surround sound in my home theater, so don't really feel the need to have something else that outputs game sound.

So - for PS4 I use this single-ear, mono chat headset from Tritton:

Any issues with game sound being picked up by the chat mic? Otherwise that setup seems pretty optimal, especially for times when I want to game but don't want to "shut out" the family by putting my headset on. Usually end up playing a SP game so they can still yammer at me.

Major Stains
02-07-2016, 07:09 PM
On further inspection it looks like the lead on the headset was at fault and not the (crappy-kidding) headset itself.
I guess it will prompt me to get a USB extender so I can finally plug the receiver into the 'crooked' slot of the PS4 and use them wirelessly as they were intended.
Although I'd better pick up another 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm male to male TRRS cable if it is what I think it is! (plus I'm not 100% these old Afterglows are supported yet)

DeadChaos
02-08-2016, 07:19 AM
Thing that irritates me is the fact that bluetooth headsets I used on the PS3 is not supported on PS4.

Scottgun00
02-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Thing that irritates me is the fact that bluetooth headsets I used on the PS3 is not supported on PS4.

Yep. I can't get my USB transmitter to work with it and it looks like RCA connectors are going extinct. Thankfully, the headset does work by plugging it directly into the controller, but then that cable wears out and finding a replacement that includes the mic ring is a chore.

Spike Forehand
02-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Any issues with game sound being picked up by the chat mic? Otherwise that setup seems pretty optimal, especially for times when I want to game but don't want to "shut out" the family by putting my headset on. Usually end up playing a SP game so they can still yammer at me.

I guess guys who game with me would have to comment - I have not gotten complaints about me putting out too much background noise.

As a side note to guys I game with: IF YOU GET A LOT OF BACKGROUND NOISE FROM MY MIKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I LIKE TO PLAY GAMES WITH THE SOUND REALLY FREAKIN LOUD AND SOMETIMES I FORGET TO TURN IT DOWN WHEN GOING TO MULTIPLAYER.

Helmethead1031
02-08-2016, 09:18 PM
I guess guys who game with me would have to comment - I have not gotten complaints about me putting out too much background noise.

As a side note to guys I game with: IF YOU GET A LOT OF BACKGROUND NOISE FROM MY MIKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I LIKE TO PLAY GAMES WITH THE SOUND REALLY FREAKIN LOUD AND SOMETIMES I FORGET TO TURN IT DOWN WHEN GOING TO MULTIPLAYER.

I played with you the other night and didn't notice any background noise.

Gink
02-08-2016, 10:44 PM

:lol: Didn't think about that, I'm sure it hasn't been that long since I've played with you. Maybe not on a regular basis, but pretty sure we've hit a VoG or some random BF in the last year, and I never noticed any game audio bleeding through. Can't recall having that issue with any MPs. Just the occasional random. I just didn't realize there were mics capable of filtering that background noise out. I always assume anytime any of my girls says something to me that everyone I'm playing with hears it.

Major Stains
02-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Lol. It reminds me of a recent time I was in a game with Southtown and the Hammer stormed in and shouted that I'd woken the f'ing kids again!
I was like 'whaaaaa' and Southtown must have heard the lot! :baby: