PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still play this?

Scottgun00
12-08-2015, 02:26 PM
For whatever reason, Battlefront has been giving me a Destiny itch (I had it but quit before the TK expansion came out). Before I entertain getting it again, any PS4 guys still play this seriously? Is it worth it?

cmore24
12-08-2015, 06:08 PM
I normally play it daily. Am light 303. Working my way to 310 slowly by playing King Fall raid.
Exceptionally, this week I'm traveling abroad but should be on Thursday.
I am a Euro so we can overlap only 5pm EST during week, but weekends should be beter.
This week I hope to get my Touch of Malice. Needed for raid on hard.

cmore24
12-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Is it worth it ?

It depends on what u like to play.
Here is my 2cents.
Battlefront SW looks like a real ps4 game, while destiny still looks like a ps3 game.
However, SW still plays like a ps3 game while Destiny plays like what I expect of a ps4 game.
Bungie has innovated on multiplayer mechanics and pushed it further than any other game. I love these 6man teams where you need to take a specific role and develop skills to be able to beat the game. The best moments is when you are in a tam where others help you achieve difficult tasks, and weeks later you help other newbies. Its just fantastic.
Its a shooter, but so much more. I love the jumping puzzles.
Don't get me wrong, SW is a great game. But it feels a bit like CoD in a star wars skin. I'm a big CoD fan, but Destiny managed to create a more original gameplay.
Also chapters like the black spindle are incredibly satisfying when you managed to beat it. Destiny at its best.

Scottgun00
12-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Went ahead and picked up the legendary edition. Guess I'll add my name to the active players list.

cmore24
12-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Scott, maybe update your profile adding your location. I'm Brussels.

Scottgun00
12-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Updated. I'm Ladson, South Carolina, USA. I tend to play morning/midday hours Eastern Standard Time.

cmore24
12-13-2015, 08:20 AM
I noticed your level 8. if you have Taken King, you should get a 'crystal' which brings you to level 25 immediately. Heroic strikes drop good guns but is a level 41 / light 240.

my 3rd character is till at lvl 32 / light 170. Once you're lvl 30 or so we can level up quckly together to lvl 40 in one day.

from there onwards there are many good quests we can do together. Or pvp

Scottgun00
12-13-2015, 01:13 PM
I used my Crystal on my Warlock which is now 40, but I got a Titan itch and am working on him at the moment.

JockoPablo
01-06-2016, 08:28 AM
I got back into Destiny with TTK and played it a bunch. I did sparrow racing long enough to get me over 300 light a week or so before Xmas and haven't played it since. I think I just reached peak Destiny. I got tired of the light grind.

But if any of you on Xbox One need a Titan for something just let me know. GT JockoPablo

zoltar70
08-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Returned to the game, when The Division servers were down last week, and have to say that I'm enjoying it more than I remember! Need to get my light level up for Rise of Iron, so if anybody is still playing feel free to join in

TonkaToys
08-25-2016, 03:51 AM
Hey Zoltar, I've forgotten if you are PS4 or Xbox?

Either way, there are quite a few MPeeps playing Destiny but not many talk about it here anymore for some reason.
Check out the Active Players list for people that you could add.

zoltar70
08-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Hi Tonka, I'm on Xbox One. I,m going on holiday next week, so wont be back on until after then. Will check out the list and make sure my name's on it. I think I only put my name on the Xbox list.

Spike Forehand
08-26-2016, 05:47 PM
I put it back in my PS4 a couple of weeks ago and did a few strikes and stuff - this is still a great game. I know some of the PS4 players are planning on returning when the next expansion pack comes out in a few weeks. I will likely join them.

SNUBKILLER75
09-22-2016, 03:00 PM
Who here actually is playing rise of iron for the ps4? I really need some ppl to do the weekly and daily

Retro
09-22-2016, 03:05 PM
On PS4 I believe Spike still plays it.

Spike Forehand
09-22-2016, 04:03 PM
Who here actually is playing rise of iron for the ps4? I really need some ppl to do the weekly and daily

Me plus a few other MP's as well as Friends of MP's. Guys I saw on who are MP's inclued AKMuhly (aka onebadmofo), RC-1136, mechatool and suremoe. I believe Lore77 and Madlob are also getting it although I didn't run across them.

I'll be on some tonight - feel free to join on me as early I'll probably try to finish my plaguelands patrols.

Major Stains
09-22-2016, 06:08 PM
I haven't played this in a while, in fact I can't believe it has been 2 years since Granpa sadly passed away as Tonka mention the other day.
It would be nice to have a Destiny game night in his memory, as that was certainly the last time a few of us played with him.

Although I could only play 'vanilla' content as I never bought any of the DLC.
If anyone thinks this could be a good idea, put it out there or let us know and I'll put the word out.

@Snub. I do see a lot of MPs playing this on the PS4, but as you can see only Spike stops by here or the PS Community lately.
Maybe if you ask him nicely he will teach you the secret handshake to get you in some games! :spy:
Good luck getting some games in.

TonkaToys
09-23-2016, 02:59 AM
I haven't played this in a while, in fact I can't believe it has been 2 years since Granpa sadly passed away as Tonka mention the other day.
It would be nice to have a Destiny game night in his memory, as that was certainly the last time a few of us played with him.

If anyone thinks this could be a good idea, put it out there or let us know and I'll put the word out.

I'm in!

Let's get CMORE back into the fold, as he went dark just after we met up in London; I'm sure that is a coincidence :biggrin:

Spike Forehand
09-23-2016, 02:36 PM

@Snub. I do see a lot of MPs playing this on the PS4, but as you can see only Spike stops by here or the PS Community lately.
Maybe if you ask him nicely he will teach you the secret handshake to get you in some games! :spy:
Good luck getting some games in.

Yeah Major - we still need to get you through the Vault of Glass. I might be able to do a little on Saturday afternoon (night your time).

Got my new Gjallahorn last night!! Was so sweet to hold that puppy in my hand once again. :)

I saw cmore playing yesterday, but didn't hook up with him.

johnnyh1976
09-24-2016, 07:48 AM
Me plus a few other MP's as well as Friends of MP's. Guys I saw on who are MP's inclued AKMuhly (aka onebadmofo), RC-1136, mechatool and suremoe. I believe Lore77 and Madlob are also getting it although I didn't run across them.

I've been on every night since Rise of Iron dropped. Great to have new things to do. Been grinding light levels away in prep for my favorite activity....IRON BANNER!!!

I was watching some of the raid and this one actually looks like it's going to be a fun one to play. Will be looking to run this regularly. I can be on pretty much any night 8:30 EST onwards.